A tan and white lioness? How descriptive was that?! The hawk rode the warm rising currents and scowled down at the land passing by below. It was cooler than she was used to, but still decent enough to ride on. Really though. All Saoiraed could get from the white and black lion was taht she was tan and white? With...what was it...orange eyes? Well gods above that could be hundreds of lions. The geographical information hadn't been much to go off of either - how was she to know what 'a half-moon's walk southeast' was for a lion? Was she a lion? No! But here she was anyways on this lovely 'errand'. The things she did for her lion's friends...

Xia was taking a break from picking at a bit of long-dead zebra. The Ela as a pride was a fine hunting machine, and her clan was nothing to shake a stick at. There was always ample food, but sense said that it was better to get rid of the older stuff first. And zebra was always nice - not as lean as antelope, and not as stringy as wildebeest. Just right. She let out a sated yawn and glanced up just in time to see a bird pass overhead. Oh well. She'd had her fill of the haunch, may as well share if it decided to land.

Well well well...what did you know? It probably wasn't her, but the bird frankly didn't care. This was too far from home and not her business anyways. She'd land, ask, and head home. Then at least she could say she tried. The hawk tucked her wings and dove towards the ground, backwinging just in time to pull up short and perch atop the leg of zebra. Without bothering to wait she tore free a strip of hanging meat and eyed the lioness. "You wouldn't happen to be or know anyone named Amuxiahd, would you? Or...damn, what was the father's name? Kutesh? Kuram? Ku something."

Amu rose and resettled a few feet away as the bird wheeled overhead and dove. May as well let it eat in peace. Of course, a random hawk dropping out of the sky to call her by NAME wasn't something she'd anticipated at all. Her eyes were wide as she looked over the bird of prey. It was very odd. "Who's asking? I am though. Amuxiahd, I mean. And he's Kuhesh, though he's not here. Where'd you learn our names?"

Well pluck her and call her a lizard, of all the luck! The hawk fluffed her feathers, all but preening with delight. Oh the look on Lumt's face when she told them she HAD found the lions! "Your son, that's where! Well one of them. I take it you had several," She paused, eating a bit more, unaware or uncaring that the lioness was no doubt waiting with bated breath. Eventually she continued, "Lumt'Vena. He's a friend of my lion in the Firekin. The Motoujami. My Saoiraed may have...volunteered me to sort of...look for you. To deliver a message."

And just when she'd thought nothing could floor her like that, the bird one upped herself. Her SON? Lumt...oh her precious baby, it'd been so long since she'd seen him! She hadn't known where or how he was, though she'd hoped...It was like a fire roaring to life inside her to know that somewhere he was not only alive, but had made some friends. That was good. VERY good. The Firekin? She'd actually heard of them. To think her son'd gone from their icy mountains to those hot arid deserts...it was boggling. "A message? What'd he say? Is he alright? Tell me!" Her words were a snarl - if anyone'd hurt her child she'd rend them apart. She knew that wasn't it, but little mattered to her like family did.

The bird just rolled its eyes and continued to eat. There were hot headed lions a plenty in the Firekin, and being snapped at was nothing new at all. She waited until the lioness looked fit to burst before continuing. "He's fine. Said he was fine. That's it really - not one for long speeches, your kid. But he's fine, really. Bit surprised, given all that thick fur you non-desert-types seem to drag around, but you'd never know if it bothered him. I think he's got his eye on a female too, but he didn't say anything about her. Just to find you and tell you he was fine and not to worry." She shrugged her wings. "And that's it! And honestly, I was just about to give up. So. Anything you want me to pass along?"

What? Leaving so soon? Was that really all her son had to say?? No, no. he'd always been the silent type. Stoic, proud, unmoving like the sheer faces of the mountains. And knowing he was fine was already so much better than wondering if he was alive. A female? She might have grandcubs? Oh, that made her feel old. But happy too. She wondered what sort of female her cold son'd go for...maybe she'd never know. But ah! The bird was already flexing as if to leave! "Wait! Tell him we're fine too! His father and myself. Tell him we're with the Ela'Wadiyi, and if he ever needs us, we're here. We're not roaming any more. And tell him to do right by that female." She added with a firm look.

The bird snorted, then flapped her wings to lift off without another word. She'd relay the message, sure, but there was no point sticking around. She'd refueled and done her job, and there were miles to go to even get back to the edge of the desert. It had been surprising, to think she'd actually found the soldier's mother. Still, it made something still soft in the old bird twinge. Must be nice to have family worth flying so far just to let them know you weren't dead.

Amu watched the hawk until it was out of sight, then sat back on her haunches. It was an odd mix of feelings inside her. Happy, so happy to have word of one of her cubs. No matter what, at least one lived. And then sadness, nostalgia, the need to see her scowling boy's face again. But he must be glad to be where he was. Oh, she couldn't wait to let Kuhesh know when she got back to the den.