Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The sun was setting as Huoxin reclined at the entrance to the small den she shared with her mate. The day had been bearable, and training had gone very well. Huoxin felt her strength had surpassed what it had been after Huolong had saved her, but the lioness wondered if she should push herself further. Going up in rank wasn't a bad idea, but she knew that it was something she had to discuss with Huolong. It would be more work, more wins, and possibly more time away from him.

With a soft sigh, she waited for his return while munching on a bit of dinner. The hunters were doing well lately, and she always appreciated their generosity when there was food to take.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:05 pm
User Image

It wasn't uncommon for Huolong to come home later than Huoxin when they didn't spend the day together. He simply didn't care for hanging out there without her, so he tried not to. After training for the day, he'd spent some time around the pridal oasis but as the sun began to set he figured there must be a pretty good chance that Huoxin could be found at home. The Oasis wasn't her favorite place but she still needed water, like any of them, but she hadn't shown up here.

Huolong could tell well before he actually arrived that Huoxin was indeed at their den, she was making no effort to hide. It made him appreciate how comfortable they had become here, this was far superior to wandering in the unpredictable roguelands.

He didn't say anything as he walked up and flopped onto the ground beside his mate.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:16 pm
Huoxin lit up when she saw her mate, but she remained quiet as he approached. After he was comfortably reclining next to her, she turned and smiled at him. "It seems we've both had busy days. I'm glad." She let her eyes glance back up at the sky, the last of the sun's rays disappearing. The few clouds that dotted the sky were covered in colour, but that soon would disappear too. The stars would come out, and it would be even more relaxing.

"We've been here a while now, but I'm so happy to be here. I think this structure is good for the both of us." She wasn't sure how to bring up her topic of choice, but she knew it would come up eventually. For now, she was just happy to exchange silly chit-chat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:23 pm
Stretching out his legs, he made himself comfortable leaning towards her and following her gaze up to the sky. Not much to see up there yet but the stars would be out soon.

"It's easy to keep busy around here," he said, glancing back down when she suggested the structure was good for them and smiling, "You're probably right, it's good to have something to do, something to work for. It's much better than wandering."

He had been a rogue for long enough, it had been fun for a while but he was adjusting very well to life in a pride. There were benefits that came with giving up the freedom of rogue life, the same things could probably be considered faults by others. But he was happy, he was glad Huoxin was too.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:10 pm
She motioned to her small bit of food left. "And sometimes we get fed without having to hunt!" Laughter danced around her as she thought it was a wonderful perk to having to always being ready for battle!

"I'm glad you think that way," she replied as she leaned onto him, too. "I was thinking...wondering if maybe I should aspire for a higher rank. What do you think about that?" There. She asked it. She knew that she would respect his opinion, and put a lot of weight on it too. She wasn't really sure what she wanted, but sometimes she thought working harder would give her even greater happiness in her life. Maybe.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:22 pm
Huolong chuckled.

"That is a perk," he agreed, eying the leftover food and then looking back up to the sky. He kind of missed hunting so much, he thought.. and it seemed a far more reliably successful venture as part of a pride, though he wasn't sure he could be as efficient in such a large group. He missed it but he was also glad he didn't have to default to it after failing as a soldier.. because he hadn't failed, really.

He was surprised when he realized Huoxin was bringing up a topic in the complete opposite direction of his thinking- but his surprise was quickly replaced with delight. To see ambition in Huoxin made him very happy.

"I think that would be a reasonable goal," he said, "Not everybody can rise above the common ranks but that doesn't mean nobody can. Isn't there even just a rank for more talented soldiers?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:46 pm
"Yes," Xin said, trying to not seem too excited that he seemed to support her goal. "Battlemasters. I know that there are very very few, but it still seems like a goal I'd love to aim for. It will keep me focused on getting better, I believe." Her tail curled around his backside, feeling just so...happy.

"Of course, nothing is better than the support you give me," she said happily. "I wanted to know how you felt before really making a decision." She looked at her mate, feeling lucky that he supported her so much. She would do what she could to support him, too!

"Just...don't get too worried if I come home a little worse for wear sometimes."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 pm
Yes, Battlemasters. He couldn't name even one off the top of his head but he remembered them now she said the title. Elite soldiers, you have to train hard and win a lot.. and then help train everybody else and.. stuff like that or something. He was doing fine imagining her as a competitive, strong soldier, showing up all the lions born here.. and then she reminded him that training like that would be hard on her.

He didn't like seeing Huoxin hurt, the idea of her putting herself through that intentionally would take some getting used to. But he could handle it.. he.. could probably handle it.

Then something else crossed his mind and he smiled coyly.

"Does that mean any talk of cubs should wait?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:46 pm
Happy as she was, she couldn't help but be a little startled and curious at his coy look. And then it came. Cubs. They had crossed her mind at times, but she had felt that they were young. There were still things to do before that topic could be brought up!

But those things had been done. She recovered, they found a place to live. They got themselves accepted in, and were adjusted to this way of life. There really wasn't anything else huge to get in the way of cubs.

"...I didn't really think of that," she finally replied, glancing away for a moment. It made sense, but she still couldn't help but feel a little upset about it. She looked back at him, clearly feeling conflicted in her emotions.

"Um, well. Yes. And no. But....yes." Her answer was anything but linear, and she had no idea if Huolong had a clue as to where her mind was going. "I don't know."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 pm
He stared at her as she struggled to come up with an answer, patient but still interested in what she might say. They hadn't really talked about it before, there had always been so much to worry about first. Now there was far less to worry about, except perhaps advancement in the army like she had brought up.

"I just thought life had settled down enough that it was safe to think about," he said, "Or maybe.. stop worrying about it."

That wasn't really talking about cubs, just the idea of cubs.. right?

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:56 pm
Huoxin sighed. She was mad at herself for being so selfish. "It is a good time. The best time, really. Who knows what will happen if I keep focusing on battles so much? No, you're very right, Huolong, and I'm sorry I didn't answer that question very well." Her tail flopped behind her a bit as she felt agitated.

"The best time would be soon, before I pursue this path." She really looked at him this time, still feeling remorseful for her gut reaction. "I guess I just didn't realize how far we had come since we first met. It has been a while, hasn't it? Its almost frightening to think how fast time can slip by when you're not realizing it."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:04 pm
Huolong did his best to headbutt his mate, though it was awkward since he was already directly beside her. He didn't quite regret his decision to bring up this topic but he did think she was being awfully hard on herself for it.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, your reaction wasn't inappropriate," he said, giving her a playful nudge, "Before, the best time was yet to come- though we didn't really talk about it. If you want cubs, before you get too serious might be better for you."

He paused, and realized that was implying that she must want cubs.

"I would like to have cubs, I think this pride would be a good place for our family," he added brightly, "But I would also be very happy just us."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm
"You're too nice and you know it," Xin said as she playfully pawed at one of his forepaws next to her. "I suppose its supposed to be every little cub's dream to one day have her own cubs but...there's fear in it too. The unknown. We've overcome so many unknowns together, though, I suppose it can't be that different." She smiled at him, starting to feel a bit more relaxed about this topic.

"Besides, there must be enough cub-sitters to help us out when we're busy. I think...you're just too right and it bugs me!" she said with a laugh, nudging him. "Now would be better. Who knows what would happen if we tried after I finally attained that rank. No, doing so while I'm 'only' a soldier would be a wiser decision than running straight forward without looking."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 pm
"I'm always right," he said with a wink, lifting a paw up and putting it on top of her's- affectionate, and to stop her from winning whatever game she was starting with their paws.

"I can't believe we're really planning things," he added thoughtfully, finally catching up to her thoughts about how fast time seemed to be going suddenly, "We have come a long way."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:20 pm
"Hehe," Huoxin laughed playfully. "I guess there's no better proof than that."

Yes, this was for the best. She would never share her deepest concern with Huolong, but what if a battle injury would somehow make her barren? Though most of her opponents were very good and respectful, she was sure that one or two would push too far. No, this was for the best...and she was coming to accept that it was indeed wise.

Everything would work out, Huoxin was certain of it.

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games