Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image

It wasn't unusual for Zerrin to be up early. The sun hadn't yet peaked over the vast land scapes and hills. The world was quiet and darkest just before the dawn.

For some reason on this day he couldn't help think what ever had happened to his brother. And for that matter, his entire family, were they okay back in the swamps? Would they be mad that Zerrin never completed his quest in favor of brighter and better things? Honestly, Zerrin had no idea why anyone would want to live in the swamps in the first place. It was smelly and dirty and so hard to keep clean.

But none of that mattered as the brilliant sun began to engulf the land scape with its golden rays extending to just about every inch. Slowly, the light moved at first before soon after every where was a brilliant gold color. Just like Zerrin.

The golden lion smiled, mostly to him self, and stretched. Maybe it was a good idea to get the day started now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:48 pm
User Image

For Saratama, she was a night owl. She relished being up all night and sleeping her day away. She was usually in bed by the time daylight broke in the morning, but she had been off and about doing this and that. She found herself up later than usual. As she treaded on a path to somewhere to sleep for the day where it'd be nice and shadowed; she had to close her eyes. The brightness of the rising sun.

The thing was though. She had happened on this anthill. She thought she felt a whole bunch of them spill up and out of their hive. They had swarmed a bunch on one of her feet. She stopped and kept stomping her foot and swirling in circles trying to get them off. When she had finally gotten the last one off or so she thought; she crept down to the ground to stare at that ant hill. She let out a roar to warn them to stop messing with her! Those little jerks.

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 pm
Zerrin was feeling pretty good after getting a front row seat to watch the dawn come in. But now was not the time to linger, he'd need to find some thing for breakfast before the herds started to move on. Hunting as a nomad did mean you got to go where the herds went, but Zerrin didn't feel like having a day full of tracking. He wanted to get a nice weak prey beast early so he could focus on other things through out the day.

Zerrins stride was one of elegant precision. Every step was like a fine brush on paper. A work of art. And Zerrin knew this because he'd practiced his stride in the swamp to avoid the muddy patches. The end result was beautiful.

A roar.

It sounded like some one needed help. With out so much as a second thought, the golden lion abandoned his hunt to go see who was in trouble. What he found was a lioness... and ants?

Zerrin jumped back gracefully on instinct. No sense in getting infested in ants too. But he did want to help.

"Stop moving. You'll stir them up more. Just stay calm." His voice was cool and calm.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:01 pm
Her eyes moved from side to side not having seen who this voice belonged to yet. Was that true? Would that help? "Well, I'm not moving now. I'm yelling at them, so they'll stop coming up here. Oh look. There they went in there! I know their trickeries. They're probably just in there planning their next attack on my feet." She lifted a front paw looking at it for a moment. She was staring at the ant hole then. "What if I just stomp their hill with my paw? Think they'll just all form an ant hill like an exploding volcano and shoot up from behind me? And, then swarm all over me to show me who's the worst of the worst?"

Yeah. She had been getting pretty ridiculous. She then moved subtley and slowly to look around at who was giving her advice. Her eyes looked him over, but they didn't give away much in her first impressions.

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm
Zerrin gave a sigh of relief. This female seemed to be fine. A little on the weird side, but okay on the out side.

" I would highly recommend not stirring up the ants unless you enjoy them swarming you. " His tone was gentle but his words were crisp with a since of tsk tsk.

"Mind if I ask you why you were in trouble before?" He couldn't hide the mild curiosity he was having right now. From her talking about tussling with ants , Zerrin wasn't all that sure if she hadn't started the battle in the first place. Of course the lion could be wrong but... He was curious.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:12 pm
She slowly pulled herself up into a sitting position. She looked back at him with quite a face that filled with surprise and incredulity. "Well, I wasn't in trouble. I don't think. Look. I was minding my own business. I was heading home. Then, there were like one or two. They wouldn't get off of me. There was one. It just kept going all over on me."

She shivered a ripple of tremor down her body remembering that feeling. Oh wait no. That wasn't a memory. Was that it again? Oh snap. She started lifting a paw and looking back around her tail. "crap. I think there's one still on me somewhere. See... this is what started it. I thought I felt it. I stopped to see. then before I knew it. There were a whole bunch all over my foot. Where are they all coming from?"

She looked back at him again with a mild degree of panic in her eyes. "Can't you come and look and see if you see it? Just like squish it or something? Or, knock it on the ground?"

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 pm
Her story did not sound all that pleasant. Zerrin felt his own skin crawl at the thought of being covered in ants. But this lady had asked for help and Zerrin was a gentleman at the root of him self. He carefully made his way over towards the female to take a look.

It was only when he was inspecting her flank that his face turned red at the fact his face was inches away from her flank. Zerrin was quick to adjust to look at her paws as fast as he could.

Only problem was that this females coat was so dark that an ant would have no trouble blending in.

"W-where again?" Zerrin didn't make eye contact. He kept his eyes on her paws as his face was too red from earlier still.

And then he felt something crawl up his tail. A shiver traveled up his spine and the golden lion froze with a face as if he'd seen the devil him self.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 pm
Ugh!!! She was too tired for this s**t! It was her bedtime. But, she'd never be able to find any rest like this. She was fretting till she saw that he had come to look. "You see it???? Here, I'll turn this way. Look on this side too."

When she had turned, she watched a change of expressions pass over his face. She was confused and surprised. What? What was that all about? Then, that last face. "Oh no! Did they get you too? What's with this.. I wonder if..." She then started to scoot away in another direction. Her eyes widened in brazen panic. The whole spot she had been sitting in had multiple ant hill outlets. She had been so stupid as to not see them. No wonder!

Then, she looked to the lion who came to help. "Yo cat. I think.. The best way to handle this is to get wet. Like.. Seriously.. We need some water stat. A drinking pool. ANYTHING! We gotta go and roll around in some water. They won't be able to stand that."

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:32 pm
Zerrin felt his body stiffen quite a bit in defense of the ants. No, Zerrin was not one to be afraid of most things, but when dirty creatures of the ground were involved.

His skin crawled.

'Water' Some how made it through his ears in this state.

"OH YES. Water." It was hard to sound as calm or cool as he had before. The golden lions brain was racing now. "Weeee should probably get out of this area first though. Before we get covered." Yeah that seemed like a good idea.

Water.

Where was water again?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 pm
We should get out of this area first.

Yessss. She stared at him for a second with earnest look of on a mission to get off of this spot. "Right! Gotta get out of this spot. They're all over." She looked around them looking harder to see where hte ground had those little openings.

Seeing a path of where they weren't opened, she moved through there pawing like a ******** ballerina dancing through a tire hopscotch. She would stop every so often and look around. No ants? Did she get step on one? What was that? Yeah. It was making her plain skittish.

She stopped and spun around looking at the golden lion. "Ok.... Water water.. where is the water...." She knew there were some pools around. She often had a little cave she slipped into before daylight to sleep in. Only, which way was which way anymore? She had been turned around so many times, her bearings were solid gone.

"I.... don't know which way .. is which way anymore." Her face scrunched up. The dark cyan color of her face all squeezed together in embarrassment and frustration. "Ugh. There is water near where I sleep during the day, but I don't even know which way that is now." She wanted to face palm, but she needed to look around and watch her step.

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm
This was an emergency.

Zerrin was actually able to keep his cool despite wanting to roll around the floor like a cub to get the ants off of himself. He managed to pace quickly, but not too chaotic. AS much as he wanted to be crazy right now, it was a crisis so the lion kept his head in check.

"Its okay." There the calmness was back. And despite having ants on him too, Zerrin managed to calmly close his eyes and listen.

Ripples. He heard ripples.

"We should go this way." He nudged his head over his shoulder. The lion could hear the running water. Calmly, he started off towards the direction he nudged.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:51 pm
"THIS WAY! RIGHT!!!" She was totally in Operation: Get these ants off of me Mission mode! She shook her body out hoping to fling that last ant somewhere, anywhere that wasn't on her. It was the kind of shaking she'd do to get dried out after swimming.

She watched him point in the direction, and she took off with some quickness. The more she was moving she started to move faster, but she remembered she didn't know where she was going. She ran back to the golden lion. "Dude, keep up. Keep moving. Let's do this quick!" She wanted to just push him from behind since he wasn't moving at a speed she was happy with. "Let's go!"

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:54 pm
She wanted him to speed up? He wanted that too. So his pace quickened to match up to hers. There was no need to be so elegant now, there was only need to get these ants off of his pelt.

He would have been smiling if it hadn't been for the current situation.

There.

Water!

Zorrin wasted no time in launching him self in to the cool pool of forgiving water. He felt better almost the instant his body made contact with the water.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:07 pm
Saratama breathed in a deep breath. She just took a running start and jumped in. She moved out further and rolled herself into the water like a rolling torpedo. She came up moments later panting and gasping for air. She quickly flailed in the water making sure she was washed everywhere. This was all for ridding herself of ants. She didn't just go swimming everyday. Some lions did; she only did it to get clean when dirty.

She eventually hauled herself back up on the ground next to the water. She sat there dripping, sopping wet. She tilted her head to one side seeing if she felt anything. She tilted it to the other side and wiggled her tail around. Still nothing.

She began to feel relieved. "YESSSSS. I think this worked. Oh gosh. Please let this have worked." Then, she started shaking and flinging water off of her. Then, she waited for the golden lion. "Yo, Sunshine... When you get up here, I'll pat you down to make sure there's nothing there. Can't be too careful."

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:13 pm
Zerrin had taken to swimming softly around the pool in contrast to the lionesses bold way of doing something. He took his time getting to shore and took his time drying him self off.

"I think I got them all." He gave her a small smile. "I don't think I am in need of a pat down. But I am in need of food."

Yeah he was hungry and the herds would be on the move soon.

"Perhaps our paths will cross again." Zerrin gave her an elegant nod. "I do not like say good bye so perhaps see you again."

Very practiced and regal like the lion made his way back to where he'd started his day. From there he'd be able to find the herds no problem.  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff