Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:20 pm
Swans are a beautiful, rare and exotic bird on Telrunya. So being the God of Swans can be either the easiest or the hardest job of the deity. The lovely birds are few and far between, which makes them a highly sought after prize for many creatures. Their meat is a delicacy, their feathers coveted for adornment, their bodies desired for trophies, and they are not immune to the beasties of Dragnid who hunt for sport in addition for survival.

Something (or someone) is hunting the swans, systematically destroying each mated pair on the island. Swans mate for life, so killing only one of the pair will cause the other to die of a broken heart. Lannister can feel that pain and sorrow, so he must put a stop to it.

Upon investigating the most recent kill, Lannister will find that the birds are definitely not being hunted for food. The bodies are found stripped of all their feathers, and carelessly left for the scavengers. Lannister must use his abilities and powers to save the last few surviving mated pairs before it's too late. He only has until the beginning of February before they're gone and swans become extinct on Telrunya.

((It is important for Lannister to save the remaining swans. He can investigate who's killing them, but more swans may die if he does. The killer will be revealed a later time. After the task is complete, the next prompt will be posted.))

Wolfs Heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:51 pm
User Image

It had been many nights that Lannister had woken up screaming now. This was an especially big deal, considering how quiet the male normally was. It was always the same dream every night, an old memory from when he was a child of a beautiful and large white bird. Only the dream did not end the same way... instead the beautiful white feathers became stained in crimson blood and the bird would die. That's when Lannister's heart felt like it would burst and he would wake up screaming.

Lannister had only ever seen that one white bird when he was a child, but he was smart enough to know that his dreams were trying to tell him something. It wasn't difficult for Lannister to find the place where he had met the white bird: it was the closest body of water to where he lived. He wouldn't have even remembered the encounter if it wasn't for the dreams, he was so little. As Lannister trekked out to the spot his heart became heavier and heavier. He didn't know what was coming, but the pain told him he was going in the right direction.

His footsteps were light as he approached the pond. There in the mud was a swan, still alive... barely. One of her wings was draped over something, Lannister didn't have to see it... he just... knew that it was the body of her soulmate. Lannister's knees crumpled beneath him, bringing him to a kneeling position by the female. Here... near his own home. How could something like this happen... what could cause this. His blue eyes filled with heartfelt tears as he cradled the live swan in his arms. What can I do? he urged her. To his surprise, she responded.

"For me, there is nothing. But you must help the others." He heard a soft, delicate voice tell him. A tear fell from the bird's eye, it was clear like any normal tear, but it left a white dot on his crimson skin. The whiteness began to spread up his arm, purifying his crimson skin which now had feathers growing out of it. When the transformation was complete, he held a lifeless swan in his wings. As he lay her down beside the male, he noticed the body stripped of feathers... this had been no accident. This pae was not a vengeful pae though, he knew the importance in the swan's words: he needed to help the others first.

Lannister took to wing, it was different then flying with his fae wings, but it felt natural all the same. He didn't say goodbye to his brother... to Pastela... to his niece and nephews, but Lannister knew he wasn't coming back. He needed to make a safe haven for the remaining swans, where he could guard them. Lannister shut his eyes and let his instincts guide him to the nearest swan.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:13 pm
She died of a broken heart...
It was strange to Lannister that he would know something like that. This whole day had been strange, but the boy hadn't been giving much though to the oddities. His whole heart was focused on the mission at hand, he could gather his thoughts later. Lannister found the next swan easily.

There wasn't many swans he could almost sense it, like there was an untapped link for each of them in his head, vaguely aware of each individual existence. When he swooped down to the other swan, it looked almost startled by the visit of another swan, but when their eyes met an unspoken understanding became clear. Are you well? The other swan gave a curt nod of his head as his mate swam up behind him. She had been hidden by the reeds before. Lannister's heart fluttered, he could feel the bond between them... in fact, he was certain he could visibly see it, a wispy and ornate golden line connecting the two. Like his own golden markings.

I don't know what is going on yet... but you both should be wary, until I find someplace safe. That was going to be the hard part, it clearly wasn't going to be difficult for Lannister to find these rare white birds. He remained in his swan-form, he found that the smaller form and larger wingspan allowed him to move quicker across the forest. Scout across the land. From above the tree line he could see the smoking mountain in the distance. It gave him an uncomfortable feeling and he flew in the opposite direction of it, best to be as far away as possible.

Lannister flew and scouted for many days, stopping to drink and eat with the swans he sensed nearby. He spoke with them as he rested: cautioning them and learning. Finally, while circling beneath the tree canopy on the Eastern side of Ithyl forest Lannister found a small alcove, large enough to host the swans, with plenty of bush for them to nest in. Most importantly, it felt safe to him. "Please..." his own voice sounded foreign to him, so often he was in his own mind, "keep them safe and hidden." It was a prayer. To who? Lannister didn't have a clue but it was the purest and most passionate prayer that had ever been prayed.

The next step was to get all the swan here. He couldn't have them all come at once, the mass migration would draw too much attention. So instead, Lannister traveled to each pair in turn and send them in the direction of the safe haven, urging them to travel low and safely. He would then move on to the next set of swans after an amount of time had passed in order to keep the relocation from being noticed.

The whole process took several weeks... unfortunately another pair was lost during the process. Lannister mourned them deeply, if he had only gotten to them a little sooner, had visited the swans in a different order... the list could go on. He gave each swan a proper burial, his heart burdened with every handful of dirt he threw over them. After all the swans were safe... he would find who had done this... even if it meant using himself as bait.

When the last swan was told of the sanctuary, Lannister waited before following them to what would be his new home as well. When he arrived, it was the most beautiful sight he had seen, all these gorgeous white birds gathered in one place. He was exhausted from his journey, but it was worth it to see these swan safe. Looking around the sanctuary, Lannister gave himself the task of making this place beautiful for them. As his feathers shed to reveal the pae he still was, he climbed into a tree that would give himself the best vantage point to keep watch over his flock.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:25 pm
[I believe Dysmas has completed the first part of this Notice.]

FA Mysteries

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:52 pm
Lannister has successfully secured the island's small swan population. It is now his duty to continually care for and watch over them. He will need to protect them from the Taint and this unknown hunter.

Successfully completing this task has pleased his family, and he has been granted an invitation to Dolandor; mist-shrouded island home of the Pae'il Deity. This invitation is a special privilege, so don't squander it. wink

=======================

A pink, chubby little mellon in a diaper flitted about, poking at Lannister. He has a letter to deliver.

Quote:
My Dearest Grandson,

It is my privilege to personally invite you to my ENGAGEMENT PARTY on February 14, the Day of Love! You may bring a date if you like. There will be dancing, food, a string band and lots of tributes to Me!

Requested Gift:
A mated pair of Swans from your sanctuary to live in my Garden on Dolandor.

Love Always,
Venus ~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:51 pm
Lannister had just finished a circle of his sanctuary. So far, all of the couples that had stayed here that remained safe. Although, it was difficult getting used to something like this for the swans, and even for himself. He felt obligated to stay here with them so he felt pretty cut off from his own society, though the swans made good company too.

The season had been getting colder and Lannister had begun to start working on a shelter for himself to keep warm. He was curled up in the beginnings of it, preparing to rest, when he was poked by the mellon. "Thank you?" he said as he uncurled the letter. He didn't recognize the mellon, who would be contacting him. "Grandson?" Lannister narrowed his eyes as he continued to read the letter. Whoever this was... they wanted a pair of his swans. A garden sounded safe... but he didn't even know who this was that addressed him as grandson. He didn't even know where or what Dolander was. Lannister had many questions, especially since it involved the swans, and there was really only one pae he could get answers from: his brother.

Lannister seldom left the sanctuary, but he had never thought much about his heritage either and he needed these questions answered. He was careful leaving the sanctuary, traveling quietly and slowly until he was a safe distance away from the sanctuary, he did not want anyone to know where they were until he found out who was hurting them and so far he had not been able to figure that out. Lannister was even more afraid to come back to the sanctuary in case someone followed.

Lannister knocked on the door to their home. "Porter?" He opened the door and came on in. The babies were playing less than quietly on the floor, he grinned at them. It had been difficult to leave his little nieces and nephews, they had been his companions for a while, though he quickly outgrew them, but they were still cute. "Lanser!" The brightly colored rainbow boy called out, his tail wagging wildly behind him. Lannister scratched the child behind the ear, but he didn't have time to dawdle. Porter and Pastela wouldn't be too far away if the kids were playing in this room.

He found Porter in the next room and the other male looked as if he had seen ghost. "Lannister! Oh my... where have you been?!" Porter exclaimed.

"It is a long story..." Lannister did not often speak and did not want to go into the long-winded story as much as he wanted answers. "I am sorry I left without saying anything, but there was something more dire." Lannister looked at his brother sheepishly and then handed him the letter.

"Yeah, I've seen these letters all over town... Venus always does something crazy on this day. I don't necessarily recommend going... I guess that is kind of weird that she requested a gift... is that where you went... a sanctuary?" Porter asked.

"Did you read the first line?"

"Oh....oh!" Porter handed the letter back to Lannister.

"If Venus is my grand...mother?" Lannister was fairly certain that Porter had put a 'she' in there somewhere. "Then who is my father?" Lannister had never asked that question before, but he had always known that it wasn't known. Now he had this major evidence pointing towards someone.

"That's a bit more complicated... Venus has many sons... and daughters..." Those gods seemed into some strange things so Porter did not doubt that it was possible that Lannister even had two mothers. "I guess you could always attend the party and find the one you look like... gold, I guess. I'm not really familiar with them." Porter had only been to the one valentine's party and had watched as most of the room had vanished and Venus had been one of the only ones left. Sure, the situation had seemed out of her control, but bad things like that had seemed to have a history... at least that was how his mother and father ended up together unwillingly. "I can't believe I didn't know my brother was the son of a god."

Lannister's eyebrows raised, "You didn't say anything about gods." That was an intimidating fact to find out. "If I gave her two swans..." They weren't even his to give, he'd only take a volunteer. "...would she keep them safe?"

Porter didn't know how to answer that... she didn't do a good job keeping the pae safe at her party, how well protected would her home be? "I don't know... you're going to have to decide that for yourself I guess."

The two males said their goodbyes, Lannister had answers now... and a few more questions. He wasn't necessarily sure what to do, except for to talk to the swans about it. The son of a god... he had to wonder what these gods were like, his father especially. Then there was also his concerns about his swans. All things he was able to ponder on his slow and long journey back. Could he trust a grandmother he had never met?

When Lannister finally returned he sat down at the edge of the water, letting his feet dip in. Do any of you want to go to a Garden in Dolandor to live with your mate... I can't promise your safety... though I can't promise it here either. It is protected by a goddess. I won't make you go. A swan swam up to him and Lannister knew and hoped that this swan and his mate would be safe.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items