Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:51 pm
User Image

With a large smile, Vienna looked at the clouded sky as it danced over the surrounded dry lands. It was so different than the marsh she was used to calling home, but this is what Mistress Cari had told her would bring in more possible surrogate father's. Vienna herself couldn't have cared less; her nerves had been placed on a ledge since having met Mezlijin. He calmed her, and made her feel like a true individual worthy of a better life.

With the jaded sun at her back she walked, blissfully at ease with the world. If Cari's plans came to fruition it would be joyous to her, as she would be able to help the pride and bring a smile to the bitter leotah's face. If they didn't...well, maybe that would meet she could have more time out on her own, just like she was now. A worry free life with love and nothing pressing down on her? That she could learn to love.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:04 pm
Shari walked around in the dry lands following the few spots of warm sunlight that decorated her path. Everything was so different here in her mother's home land and the leopon was still adjusting to the change of being free, of being a rogue out in the lands that her mother had obviously adored. Unlike her siblings the female had stuck closer to her half-brother's side always wandering out after the leopard when he disappeared for weeks at a time. It was a better way for her to learn more about these lands...and it made it easier on her mother who was still trying to help everyone adapt to life without a pride.

Today though she was just enjoying the day while he went on his own. She didn't like the thought of the petite leopard being on his own as training kept her vigilant after the once pad, but at the same time she realized he was stronger than he looked. Still Shari couldn't help but to sigh and kick a pebble across the way. Stupid Amani, always trying to take care of us... Her gaze lowered towards the ground before a faint scent of another caught her attention. Gaze widening the leopon suddenly stood up straight and stared around her. Who else was out here?

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:19 pm
Like the shadow of the moon on the land, Vienna walked swiftly and softly straight ahead of her. While her path was anything, but sure, she felt as if she kept on the move her chances of finding her Mistress would be slim. It was almost fun, trying to keep away from the leotah in a rare bout of insubordination!

Of course, when she came upon the leopon that little piece of her was tamped down into place. Her smile was never the less open, and her enjoyment of the day did not falter. "Greetings, Mistress, how do you fair on this lovely day?" This was no female from her pride, but respect was duly shown. Everyone deserved it, after all, hybrid or not.

So, the petite lioness' eyes crinkled with mirth, and her tail was lax, if not bouncy behind her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm
Shari felt her muscles tightening as she braced herself for anything. It was a lioness…and as she came closer Shari nearly dropped her defenses. Surely she didn’t mean harm? But then again Amani had told her to never lower her guard around strangers…yet she wasn’t supposed to stand above lions. She was a rogue now, a free spirit, Shari took a deep breath at the reminder before forcing her gaze up towards the approaching lioness. Yet she was immediately sent through a loop again as she was greeted so respectfully.

“Eh?” The surprise slipped out before she could cover it up and she found herself just staring at the lioness in confusion. Mistress her? Hmph! She had never even been chosen to be someone’s banu in her old home, so to be called mistress was new to her. She immediately decided that she did not like it, “Please don’t.” Shari pulled back and stood firmly on her paws, “We are…equals no?” Well actually this lioness was probably a thousand times better than she could ever be considering the fact that at least she could one day have cubs. Shari’s gaze softened in sorrow before she shook her head, “Why such a weird greeting? We’re strangers and last time I checked I was nobody’s mistress.”

Her tail curled around her paws as she decided it would be safe to relax around this strange lioness, “Where I came from such greetings were supposed to be mine, miss.” She explained before offering a small smile, “So please don’t call me mistress it sends weird shivers down my spine.”

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:38 pm
Thinking the leopon's surprise to be out of the title, Vienna softened. Definitely not one of the Koti's, but still a soul never the less. Had she been on her own, or with her brother she may have called this female a sister, as they had in her old pride, but those days were long gone. "Forgive me, I didn't mean to upset you."

Standing softer than the other, Vienna pulled her paws delicately together as one might imagine from a prized doll. "Equals?" What an odd concept, considering the life she was leading. It seemed that rogue life really was a strange one. Vienna shook her head. "I'm sorry, but you are wrong. I am below you, or so it is taught in my homelands."

Vienna had to give a little light chuckle. "It seems as if we are at a stand still. I'll agree not to call you Mistress, if you agree not to speak of equality, hmm? I'm sorry to enforce this, but it would just be too cruel." Even for a moment, believing that she could stand tall was something that Vienna couldn't suffer again. One night had been enough for her.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:46 pm
The leopon just shook her head quietly, “It’s not a problem. You were just being polite and I understand how such things are.” After all it had been drilled into her ever since she had been a cub. It was always a shock to listen to how casually her mother treated their father and how the leopard felt no fear amongst the others as long as she had her pad. That was true love which even lasted now. Shari smiled at the thought before watching the lioness’s surprise at her comment.

Was it such a far off thing to think that they could be equals? Shari frowned before laughing at the idea of this lioness being below her. Really? Such a strange culture she must be from! The leopon caught herself and stifling the laughter bubbling in her throat she shook her head once more, “I’m sorry, it’s just where I came from it was quite the opposite.” She glanced around them with a smile, “It’s amazing how just a change of locations can change so much about our lives. If I had been born where you come from then I would have been a lady ranked above a pretty one such as you? That’s an odd thought.”

Her gaze softened at the request, “I understand. Then how about we just learn each other’s names then? That way I can just go by Shari to you and then I can call you by your name. Not as anything, but individuals with no real need to worry about titles and such.” Her paw nearly reached out to touch the lioness comfortingly as Shari recognized that pain she heard in the other’s voice, but she pulled back before she did such a thing. Her mother had raised them as brave strong souls, but once she had wandered out from her father’s shadow the leopon had been cruelly taught the truth of the world she was born into. There had been no equal footing there for an infertile leopon such as her. Yes, it was best to leave it as it was then. For it seemed this lioness was still trapped in the same ties that Shari once knew.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:51 pm
"Oh?" Vienna lifted a brow. So her suspicions had been correct! "I can't imagine how things could be turned. You'll have to forgive me; that's just my own limited view, but it sounds so strange." A world where hybrids and pure breeds lived together equally was a dream she had often mused upon, but one where hybrids were seen as below? They were special, true miracles from the Gods themselves, so why shouldn't they be on top? What perfect leaders should rule other than the blending of two different species? "You would have been a true Mistress. Maybe an Entertainer, with you fair looks, or some sort of Scholar. Though, you seem to be fit, so maybe a Warrior as well. A regular thorned rose, as it were." Vienna nodded.

"If we're going to do that, you'll need to know my name, I suppose." She chuckled. "I'm Vienna, and I can honestly say that it is a true pleasure to meet you, Shari." In her world, she was settled into her station and happy to know such pleasures in conversation as she was having now. They wouldn't last, as most things did not, but it kept her contented. "What was your home like, then, if I may ask?" She did not need to ask why she may have left it; from one in a subjugated station to another she knew the yearning for freedom.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:41 pm
Shari smiled, “There’s a lot about this world that is rather strange.” She was fortunate then to have her mother. Everything about how different and vast the world was she had learned from the bold leopard. For that Shari was thankful despite having used to always resent her mother for her choice in loving a lion and having his pride control her life for that love. Shari refused to bow to such simple emotions. Now that she was free, it was nice and she would never give it up as Mihika had.

“Sounds like you think I could be a bit of everything then.” Shari laughed softly, “I appreciate it. On my end you would have been pursued by many of the high ranked males, I could guarantee it.” The leopon shook her head, “But that was not where we were born so we just go on with the fates that we were destined to deal with I suppose.” Breaking free wasn’t easy for everyone, if it was even possible. She didn’t want to hurt that lioness again with false hopes so she kept that comment quiet.

“Vienna,” Shari smiled and nodded, “A pleasure to meet you as well. It’s been a while since I’ve had a good conversation with another female out here.” Sitting down she allowed her tail to curl over her paws, “My home? It was a place with many weird customs indeed. There were so many rules, so many customs, and all the divisions in ranks! Being a male lion was the best as he could choose a number of females to be his, and then their sons would have to go out on quests to find females for themselves in the rogue lands to bring home as their fathers did.” She shook her head, “It was a silly way of dividing what I would see as a love bond which should only exist for two souls, not four or five. As it was the females were required to take care of their males and their lives circled around the needs of their pads. I was fortunate and had no one to claim me yet as my mother was a rarity, a leopard chosen by a lion, since I was a hybrid I couldn’t help a pad with future needs.” Swallowing she let the truth of her infertility linger about them before continuing quickly, “Still my mother was silly as she loved our father so much that she left these rogue lands to go into such a place.” Shari paused and flushed, “I’m afraid I talked a lot. For me it was indeed a unique place where I felt bad for any that lived under such strict customs. Even the males had a lot on their shoulders despite the powers they held. But that home is gone now and so here I am wandering around and getting used to this new life.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:08 pm
"You certainly seem to have that air about you." Vienna grinned. "I see strength of character with you. If you're able to live so freely on your own in an area you aren't used to, and after being...in such a condition, then the world is open to you." Surely such a leopon would have all the options she could ever need, now that she was free to do as she pleased. It made Vienna jealous, though she had to push down on that as well. "That's a nice sentiment, but you're right. I can only deal with the fate I've been dealt."

And the way she spoke it wasn't bitter; just resigned. She'd been free enough when she was spreading the word of the Gods with her brother and his mate, until they had become separated. Only too late did she realize that she had been suckered in by Cari with a cause that she could never hope to fix.

She sat down as well. Even in the way she sat she was prim and tall, despite her smaller size. Listening to Shari talk was like listening to a magical story of a place she would never be able to see. "As many females as he liked?" So the females in her pride were like slaves themselves, and the hybrids even lower, since they couldn't reproduce. Her heart broke for the female before her. The poor dear! "No, no, I'm glad that you told me so much. I cannot imagine leaving these lands for a pride like that, but your mother must have loved your father very much to do it. I can't say I wouldn't do it myself." Because, in a way, she had done very much the same thing.

"I am sorry to hear that your home is gone, but it didn't sound as if you had much happiness there, so in that aspect I am very happy for you. I have to ask though, why are you by yourself? Surely your family is with you, somewhere."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:20 pm
Shari flushed lightly. Strength of character? Surely, this lioness wasn’t really seeing her. The leopon’s chest clenched at the thoughts of all she had done and had been through recently. It was only out here that she was finally being able to change…if Vienna had seen her in the light of her old home then surely she would have a different opinion about this strength of character. She used to be so reserved, so bitter against everything, even her family where love was free and unlike other dens her sisters and her ‘mothers’ had more freedom she still resented her own life.

“But then again fates change easily depending.” Whispered Shari quietly, it was just an idea, “I mean even I knew of others who once they came out here just kept running to find a new place, a new life.” She shrugged, “But those were just tales I suppose.” She nodded at the others amazement as she told her story, “Yes and no, most had at least three banus while royals were allowed more.” She had a sad expression at the expression of her mother, “I know I would never do such a thing, but then again I don’t know what love is like to really determine it. Maybe I would do the same thing myself even though I say I would never.”

“Ah yes. I’m actually better out here than I was. It’s like finally getting a breath of fresh air to see the world around me on my own like this,” At the mention of family the leopon’s ears twitched forward. Family! “Oh, oh goodness!” She quickly got to her paws and turned around, “I was with my brother, Amani. I’m supposed to track him down and meet with him before the evening falls…” She frowned not liking the idea of leaving this new acquaintance so quickly, but she knew Amani. He would be worried sick if she didn’t start heading back now, “I’m so sorry, but I must get going now.” She paused thoughtful and after taking a step looked behind her to add, “If you want I’m going towards the north a bit…if you happen to be heading that way you can accompany me until you have to leave. But I must go find my brother now; else he’ll be so worried about me.”

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:43 pm
"I can easily see that. When I first came out here on my own I was tempted just to run forever, but at some point one becomes lonely, so they seek out prides once again. Or family, but my family is long gone from me." Shaking her head, Vienna chuckled, her cheeks flushed. "I'm sorry; I tend to babble when given the chance. My Mistress tells me I'm too prone to gossip."

She reached a paw out to place it on top of the leopon's, regardless of how the other may have felt about it. The look on her face was just so torn that she couldn't help, but to reach out to her. "One day I hope you know such a love. Your mother must be where you gathered your strength, since she chose to use it to battle a pride that would see her fall. She rose above it, and passed it on to you. I will pray that some day, you see a cause worthy enough of such strength and devotion."

Pulling back, she gave a sad smile and nodded with a tired chuckle. Vienna lifted her paw to wave it. "Go, go, I'll be alright on my own. Your brother will worry about you if you're gone too long, and the day wanes. As much as I would love to go with you, my Mistress is near and I can't leave her." Closing her eyes she mumbled a prayer in a foreign language, then drew a symbol into the dirt at her paws. "Safe travels to you, my sister. May you and your family find peace."

It would be long after the leopon left that Vienna would stand to do the same, leaving the marking in the dirt until the next wind would take it away.

((Fin - 3099 words))  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff