Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
How do you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demonfire911

Greedy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:09 pm
I don't now  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:01 pm
It's actually great that you don't know. It means you're really thinking about your individuality. Remember that this is a process on the personal level and it takes time.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

SylverStar

High-functioning Counselor

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:12 am
I use to think I might be Bi because I found some women pretty hot...still do. I've kissed other women but it was eh...I however have never been turned on by a woman.

I think there is a difference between attraction (aesthetically pleasing) and sexual attraction. Finding where your are on the spectrum I think will help you answer the question.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:08 am
If you have both heterosexual and homosexual attractions. Additionally, another thing to considers, as someone else mentioned, is that the manner or intensity of your attractions may not necessarily manifest the same way among sexes.

For example, you might have a more emotional attraction with someone of the same sex, but a more physical attraction with someone of a different one.

Additionally, you may not feel equally attracted among the sexes.  

Infinite_Randomness

Witty Dabbler

12,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100

1Sunder

Aged Gawker

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:01 am
I'm Pan, so I wouldn't know the difference per say. I know a lot of people say they're bi when they really aren't. They lie about it all the time. For what ever reason. They never date or have sex with the same sex, always dating the opposite sex and still say they're bi. It always pisses me off how these people get away with it. I mean its a total insult to the community....very rarely I'd meet someone that truely is....but incredibly rare. Like those posers that marry the opposite sex....and still say they're bi. How can you be bi if your always going to be with the one you married which turns out is the opposite sex....in fact how can you even marry at all? Since your obviously not going to be dating ever again until you maybe get divorced lol.....

Sorry for the rant....the subject of those that are Bi kind of get me riled up....
I guess when you look at a guy and get hot, the same way you do when you look at a woman....if its the same then ya your pretty much bi....especially if you want to go down on both of them....chances are you are. Thats how you know. Or Being bi though is a big difference from being Pansexual like my self....  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 am
You can be bisexual and not be attracted to males and females equally. But, if you are attracted to both, I think that makes you more or less bisexual.
Basically, if you're attracted enough to have a relationship or sexual experience with both genders, I think you're bisexual??
You can be bisexual with a preference, though.  

Cashmerella

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:55 pm
Well the dictionary definition is sexually attracted to both men and women. Although I think it can be a romantic attraction too. Honestly this is part of the reason I've started hating labels in general because there are gray areas where people are unsure and are still trying to figure out what they like and overcome any external struggles they may have whether it be disapproval from family, fear of being rejected by the one they like, or even judgement by both the lgbt and straight communities. It's a tricky spot and not one that many like to be put in.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:05 pm
1Sunder
I'm Pan, so I wouldn't know the difference per say. I know a lot of people say they're bi when they really aren't. They lie about it all the time. For what ever reason. They never date or have sex with the same sex, always dating the opposite sex and still say they're bi. It always pisses me off how these people get away with it. I mean its a total insult to the community....very rarely I'd meet someone that truely is....but incredibly rare. Like those posers that marry the opposite sex....and still say they're bi. How can you be bi if your always going to be with the one you married which turns out is the opposite sex....in fact how can you even marry at all? Since your obviously not going to be dating ever again until you maybe get divorced lol.....

Sorry for the rant....the subject of those that are Bi kind of get me riled up....
I guess when you look at a guy and get hot, the same way you do when you look at a woman....if its the same then ya your pretty much bi....especially if you want to go down on both of them....chances are you are. Thats how you know. Or Being bi though is a big difference from being Pansexual like my self....

I'm sorry that you feel that way. Honestly that is your opinion and I will respect it, doesn't mean I agree with it. Quite a few people who identify as bi do indeed marry the opposite sex, because they fell in love with that person, not their genitalia. There are other factors you have to consider when it comes to situations. Perhaps there isn't anyone of the same sex who is interested in a relationship with them, or perhaps that they just aren't attracted to anyone in their area. Just because someone is bi doesn't mean they want to date, romantically or sexually, everyone, people tend to have preferences for relationships. There is also the fact that their family may not be accepting of them. It's not right that they are not understanding, but for some people having family in their life is important. Then there is judgement from the lgbt community itself, a community that is supposed to support them is instead judging them and telling them that they are fake. Now I'm not saying that the entire community does it, it is in fact only a handful of people does it and gives the entire community a bad name. In the end I don't really care how someone identifies or who they marry, it's not my business. I just care that we all have a right to marry whoever we love and that we have equal rights legally and socially.  

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers