[PRP] I don't want to be here... [Exp & Chocolate]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 pm
User ImageExpired walked in the front door of his brother's shop. He seemed to be doing pretty well. Nothing out of the ordinary around here... well except for him now. "Hey Chocolate, Mom said she wanted me to get out of the house and to help someone out but if you are not here... I shall just hide somewhere around here instead." He said quietly as possible, hoping to get out of actually seeing Chocolate this morning. Though, he would do this to anyone not just family.

The purple little colt began to look around for a spot, a nice little quiet place, to hide in for a little bit. Just enough time to convince Sweet that he actually did get out and be productive today.

PeanutButterpies
Figured I'd start this up for us. (Finally after a billion years xD) I'd say we could probably go for kindness or generosity here. I dunno.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If the shop was open (which it was usually, unless his family decided to interfere) than Chocolate Orchid was most definitely somewhere in the building. Today however, he was missing from the front counter that displayed most of his chocolate, spending some time in the kitchen. He had kept his eye on the door, though, and he was mildly surprised to see his younger brother walking through the door. Giving a smile (and a slight chuckle at what he was trying to say quietly, although his voice carried throughout the quiet shop quite easily), he stepped out to the main part of the shop.

"So Mama said to help someone, hmm?" Orchid asked his brother from behind, an amused smile on his face as he shook some hair away from covering his eyes. It was escaping the clip he kept it in and smudges of chocolate were decorating his face, the normal appearance he had when he was working.

-Yasha Alchemist
Haha awesome. Either sounds fine!! c:

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Dang. He was around. Expired turned around to see the chipper purple stallion that was his older brother. He was just like mom in the kitchen... messy (and adorable). "Oh hey.... yeah I guess I will be helping you after all." He said still kind of slinked back in one corner of the shop. "What can I do, or would it be better for me to just stay out of the way?" He was being a little bit of a downer, not that he meant to be... he just usually was. He wasn't very comfortable around other normal phonies, even if they were family. Mom was a different story. She was really kind but Exp knew she had to be lying when she said he was just like everyone else or when she said she love him as much as she loved the rest of her children... It couldn't be possible, but at least she tried.

He did like Chocolate Orchid; he was a unicorn and purple just like him. So there were some things in his brother that made him feel a little more normal, like when he was with mom. He'd eventually toddle over closer, noting that he was family and he couldn't be that bed.

PeanutButterpies
Figured I'd start this up for us. (Finally after a billion years xD) I'd say we could probably go for kindness or generosity here. I dunno.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:44 pm

Orchid gave a small nuzzle to the top of his brother's head, noting his unhappy mood. He knew that generally he wasn't in the best mood, but maybe he could help a little. "I do actually need some help, my cases are a bit empty. Would you help me restock them?" He asked his brother, knowing he'd come around soon enough. Expired may not have looked the same, but he was just like everyone else and Orchid enjoyed spending time with him no matter what. He started towards the kitchen, figuring the younger phony would follow him in.

-Yasha Alchemist
I went and checked it out and it turns out, both Orchid and Expired are the exact same shade of purple for their bodies! I found that a bit amusing aha.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:25 pm
Expired was nuzzled on top of his head and it left his him a rather disgruntled look on his face. Hey. Wait. Whut? Did he just receive a nuzzle...and did it feel kind of nice? He still didn't let on that it might of felt nice, but he did start to actually listening to his older brother a bit more intently. Restocking? ... I suppose I can learn how to do that and help out... maybe I can practice my magic some more." The end of his sentences seemed to drop off and get quieter. The foal would pause as he Orchid turned to walk in the kitchen, but he'd quickly run after him.

PeanutButterpies
I thought they might be! Just like mama too cute.~

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:27 pm

It was colder in the kitchen than the rest of the shop and while Orchid didn't really mind it, it was fairly obvious to anyone else who did not frequent the kitchen like he did. On a nearby counter, there were trays of chocolates laid out, all of different types, nearby a couple of unfinished flowers and some oddity Orchid had been playing with for the past hour. Transferring a few last chocolates that had been out onto a tray, he said "These are the trays of what I need restocked. Most of all are out in the cases still, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out where something goes. But if you're confused, I can easily give you a hand." He grinned, taking a quick glance back at the younger phony. "If you want, I can give you some chocolate after you finish restocking. Perhaps a flower, or something else." He motioned to the two laying out, one looking like a rose but the other a complete mystery.

-Yasha Alchemist
TAGS BACK 3 MONTHS LATE WHOOPS

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:13 pm
Exp noticed how cold it was in his older brother's kitchen, but dealing with such a sensitive media it made sense for the chocolatier. With a little bit of magic, he pushed over a stool to the counter top and looked over the chocolates as Orchid talked about them. He nodded his head and started to move the chocolates to the designated trays. The little purple colt made easy work of it, and everyone of them were in now ridiculously straight lines. "I'd like to actually watch you make one, if I can. I think your designs are delicate and beautiful and the flavor that matches it's complexity." Exp often got some of Orchid little treats from Sweet Bread, seeing as she felt strange about giving him bread when he wasn't going to eat it. Maybe he could pick up a trick or two and they could do something nice for mom.

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:11 pm

"Watch me make one? Sure!" He grinned, using his magic to clear off some pans from the counter to sink and check on a batch of chocolate he had warming up rather slowly. Exp had been doing really well on the trays, he noted, straighter lines of chocolate than Orchid could ever manage to get done. "What kind of flower would you like to see? And in what kind of chocolate? I have white and milk chocolate, but I can do a combination for a flower." While waiting for a reply Orchid idly attached a few more petals to the rose, before finally putting it on a tray and in the fridge to harden a bit more, then checking on his chocolate again.

-Yasha Alchemist

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:11 am
The colt watched as Orchid cleared some space to make room for the chocolate flower making. His and mom's levitation magic really did work wonders in the kitchen. He wondered if they would still be able to do what they love if they weren't unicorns. It made him sad to think about him having magic, but not really needing it as much as someone like Candy Dandy could use it. Then again she seemed to run her store just fine.

Ex thought carefully about his choice. He enjoyed white chocolate, so that seemed like the obvious choice, but he also had the option for which flower. He wanted something beautiful, but a still haunting. In the end the chocolate flower was just going to be eaten. "I'd like a lily, please." His eyes watched as the petals were attached to the rose and then put in the fridge to cool. "What did you use to attach the petals?"

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:33 pm

A lily, hm? Orchid hummed a little, turning off the chocolate on the stove for later, considering the flower. It had large petals and only a few of them, but it would be beautiful to make."I attach the petals with chocolate also, but warmer stuff than what the petals are at. I prefer to make them fully edible, although sometimes it's a bit tricky." Taking a guess that his brother would be wanting white chocolate, he plucked a piping bag of the warm stuff from a few he had waiting and some petals he had that were of the longer type for things like lilies. Lastly, he had a metal ring out, to support the flower as he made it.

"First I put some chocolate in the middle of the ring, to give myself a base." Orchid explained as he did so, checking to make sure he didn't make the base so big. Lilies had a few more steps than normal flowers, but he didn't mind making it for his brother. "Next, I attach the outer petals. I have the ring set out to the support the petals as I attach them so I don't create a flat flower." He hoped his brother didn't mind him explaining as he went about creating the flower, setting the outer petals into the chocolate in the middle. On a nearby sheet of wax paper, he piped out stamens for the flower, then set the piping bag down. "I have to wait for it to set before I continue, otherwise it doesn't turn out as well. Any questions so far?" He smiled, surprised at how much fun he was finding this.

-Yasha Alchemist

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:09 pm
Expired Expectations watched with vivid orange and calculating eyes as his old brother moved in the kitchen to work on the flower that he choose. A lily. It probably wasn't the easiest flower with it's large petals, but if anyone could do it he knew that Orchid could. Speaking of that he wondered if that was his flower of choice. "Fully edible, mmn... that's is a big plus." He said mulling over some ideas. "I don't think awkward sticks and glue would look or taste good anyway."

The lavender colt sat next to the older male as he started going over the steps to make a white chocolate lily. Any questions? Of course. "What is the largest flower that you've tried to make. I know you are a chocolatier and a playful one, no? What are you favorite mixes of chocolates or are you a purist in flavor? Do you do any dye work with your chocolate, as you know there are only so many colors of chocolate?" The little brother had more than enough questions. He had always been so interested in food and it's preparations. Exp was excited to be getting all this inside information.

PeanutButterpies
I'm am forever late. QQ

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:38 pm

"No, I think sticks would be bulky." Orchid gave a small laugh, picking up on the musings. "I have had to use some to hold up some bigger pieces though, but usually not my flowers." Giving a glance at the flower to make sure it wouldn't move, he smiled again.

The amount of questions surprised him but Orchid was happy to answer, always happy to talk about chocolate. "The largest?" He repeated, mulling for a second before answering "Ah, a sunflower. It took up about half my counter space it was so big! It was fun to make though, although I'm glad the order is done. It was definitely hard getting it out." The next answer was a little more in depth than he expected, but he replied easily "I'm not a purist in flavor, although I am a fan of just straight dark chocolate. I do make a lot of different mixes but there's something about dark chocolate that I like the most." It was true, he was somewhat addicted to the bitterness of the dark chocolate, but he tended to keep that in check. For the most part anyways, although he'd occasionally sneak some as he made it. "I do do dye work, however it's very limited," Orchid started, thinking back to some smaller things he'd made, "Since dye work can only be done with white chocolate, it isn't ordered often, since white chocolate has a more delicate taste than normal. It also often comes out a little tinted, since white chocolate isn't truly white but more of an ivory color, like on the lily we're making." He nodded towards the nearly done flower, then continued "But since the orders for it I get tend to not mind that, it's been done and I like it a lot. I can make nearly any color in the chocolate if I keep the slight tint in mind and adjust it accordingly and the chocolate doesn't change with the tinting. Well, except when I use matcha, but that's because it's a tea powder. I use that rarely too though." Finished answering, he poked at the stamens to see if they were dry, finding them not quite done. It wasn't much of a problem though, since he figured Exp needed to absorb everything he said before he continued onward with the flower.

-Yasha Alchemist
I'm still not sure how I managed to be this late in replying and I'm honestly super sorry!

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:35 pm
Bulky. Yeah that was the right word. It would be ashamed to see this art covered in distracting and inedible sticks. "So you do other work besides flowers? That makes sense, more customers, but it seemed your passion is with flowers..." The tiny colt nodded, deciphering things on his own a bit. He liked this brother's choice of medium, most everyone could find some kind of chocolate as it ran from bitter to very sweet. Plus it wasn't bread, which always made his shudder to think about eating.

"A sunflower as big as this counter!?" He gave a bit of a laugh, easing up a bit. Exp would of loved to see something like that. "It's a wonder you didn't break it!" None the less, he was impressed at the thought of an order that big. The curious little one nodded as he enjoyed learning of Orchid's ways. He did well answering all of his questions, and even answered a few more that was floating around in his mind. "Hmm, interesting. I didn't take that into consideration when dealing with 'white' chocolate." He said now emphasizing on the white, which was really more off-white. His ear perked up as the older stallion messed with the flower just a bit. He was concerned it might break, but lucky it still seemed like it was drying. "How long do these take to cool off enough to...transport?" He said suddenly getting an idea of who he was going to give this too.

PeanutButterpies
No, problem. I'm just glad that I don't have to start over! : D
Just a few more post. Do you think we I should try to come up with some kind of kindness act between them or do you think he should deliver it to his friend as the act of kindness? @ o@

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Orchid just smiled at his brother's musings, glad to see him interested. He had figured it out on his own quite quickly and he saw no reason to interject and besides, the stamens were done drying so it was about time to add them.

"I nearly did trying to move it! It was terrifying getting it out, I was glad when it was gone," Orchid laughed, remembering the panic he had at trying to get the gigantic flower out of the kitchen. He couldn't even really remember what it was for now, only that the giant thing had been both very stressful and very fun to make. Making sure the bag of chocolate hadn't hardened, he scooted the lily over to him and waited a minute to make sure it was completely dry. "Yes, the name is a bit of a misnomer, but once you get the hang of coloring it it becomes easier." Orchid added, taking a glance at his sibling. The question on transport was something he was more expecting to hear and he answered readily "Since it's tempered chocolate, it'll dry in a few minutes. However I try to wait at least five minutes just to be sure, since they can be a little delicate."

Feeling that the flower was ready, he poked at the white chocolate bag he had set down and was glad to find it hadn't hardened yet. Taking it up, he pulled the sheet he had for the stamens towards him and began to explain again as he worked. "So now that it's set, for the inner petals we'll repeat what we did before for the outer layer. Since the outer layer is dry, they'll settle better and won't jostle the other petals." Quickly he added the other petals, repeating the process of putting some chocolate down in the middle, although less than before, and attaching the petals to it. "Since the outside base is set, I can also add the stamens in too. For these, since I need them to be upright I'm going to add the chocolate in the middle first and wait for a minute before adding them in, so the chocolate won't be as liquid and can keep these upright." Doing as he explained, he waited the minute before adding the stamens that he carefully pulled off the wax paper and placed delicately in the flower. With this done, he grinned a sort of 'tada' way, showing him the newly made flower that only needed to set for a little longer.

-Yasha Alchemist
I think him delivering it would count and work better, especially since he obviously really like the flower and it was made for him c:

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 pm
Expired’s attention was easily held throughout the making of this flower. It was interesting and a beautiful and edible art. He was proud to say that this was his old brother’s shop and thought about writing his first review on the little chocolate shop. Most critiques were supposed to have some kind of improving words around it, he was pretty enamored with the work and the taste!

“No need to refrigerate? Hmm…” He said still studying Chocolate’s steady hooves as he continued to work with the flower. He wondered if super cold chocolate was easy or hard to break. He imagined it could shatter like glass, but it was a lot hard to bite through. The flower was getting closer and closer to completion and Exp was sitting on pins and needles. Before he knew it; It was done! It was a delicate, beautiful and very accurate white chocolate lily. It looked delicious, but the colt actually already had someone in mind. “Wow! It turned out amazing!~” He said with a big smile taking over his lips.

The two of them were able to pack up the delicious treat in a pretty white boy and with a bit of magic it was now safely floating alongside him. “Thank you again, sorry I was so ornery at first. I really did have a lovely time with you today and I’ll be sure to return the favor soon.” He gave a bit of a nod, before saying goodbye. It was clear there was a lot more pep in his step then when he first entered the shop. He was feeling strangely….good.

But his stride started to slow as he saw her house over the horizon. He was starting to get nervous. Was this all too much? It was a box with chocolate in it after all. Even with all the anxiety running through his body Exp was able to make it up to the door step. He fiddled with the box and look over the note he had written for her.
‘You showed me kindness when I was too stubborn to believe others were capable of it. Thank you. – Ex’

Exp also tried to draw a little sheep… but it was just a sad little fluff ball with legs. It thought about scratching it out, but knew if anyone would appreciate his dumb little drawing it would be her. He gave a knock at the door and quickly made his exit, not wanting to be there when she received it. “Thank you Singsong.~” He muttered to himself as her house disappeared from view.

PeanutButterpies
That's a wrap! Thank you! Q uQ

Ac.Wings
You don’t have to reply or anything, I just knew I wanted him to give the flower to Singsong for being so sweet to him! <3

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games