techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:31 pm
This is a private roleplay between Berceuse Chopin Amachi (techabyte) and Etsuko (Logue).

Teepes
techabyte | Logue

User ImageDeception. Betrayal. Lies…

Pain.

The stallion snorted, causing the cool night air to turn a white color from the heat. He tossed his head one way, than the next, eyes narrowed to the ground as he watched his hooves while walking. She had lied to him, lied about his heritage and who he was. He knew now; knew that not all Soquili were going to outcast him. Knew that not all creatures would see him hideous and as a monster. His tri-split wings folded tight against his back as he walked, chest heaving with the effort to keep his breath slow. This was just infuriating. How could she do that to him?! How could the one he had called mother do such a thing! It was outrageous. Ridiculous….

Shaking his mane out once more, Berceuse lifted his head, his eyes scanning the area, ears perking up as he listened to the world around him. It was… He didn’t know what to think of it. Didn’t know what to do. Should he go back.. He turned his neck, peering over his shoulder at the world he was leaving behind, the people that he was dismissing from his life. Could he just walk away and not see anyone in his past. Start anew?

Could he start anew?

The stallion sighed, his white hair falling into his eyes. Redeyes seemed to close for a moment, as though he was trying to think of what he could do… What he needed to do. Every shift of his head made the bells hanging from chopsticks in his hair jingle. It was a sound that often made his ears pin back, but this time, they remained forward. What was he going to do… how was he going to do it? Where would he go? Who would he see? Everything was a question that he didn’t know the answer to, and it was down right frustrating. For a moment, he debated on finding somewhere to settle down for the night; but no. Not now. He needed distance. He knew what and whom he was leaving behind, but he had to get out of here. He had to get distance.

Taking a deep breath, he bolted forward. Berceuse’s hair flew from his face, the ringlets billowing in the breeze behind him. The bells practically screamed at the speed. At one point, he spread his wings, fully wanting to fly and never touch ground again. Fly until he was so exhausted that he plummeted and, hopefully, never woke up again. Never saw the light. The lies. The hate. The pain. Any of it. Never saw the moon or the stars. But his wing snagged a tree, and he stumbled from the pain, letting out a loud shout of a noise. He fell forward, down a steep hill, and toward the ground below. Over and over he tumbled, until finally, his back hit a tree so hard the branches shook from the effort. He let out another loud noise of pain, his head tossing back, before he stilled, his wing draped over his body, his eyes closed, chest lifting and falling with the effort to breath and get air into his pained lungs.

Maybe this was it… Maybe he was done now…

Logue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:57 pm
User ImageSomething had stirred the mare from her sleep; it was a noise, abrupt and frightening. Her eyes had shot open, worriedly staring into the darkness and struggling to adjust. It hadn't sounded terribly close, but it had also been close enough to be heard. Something had caused that noise and had broken the fitful slumber she had finally managed to achieve, and it troubled her.

Lifting her head from the promise of warmth, Etsuko blew softly on a stray piece of hair that had fallen into her face. Great wings were held tightly to her own self, trapping in heat and a small, but rather portly, fox. Surrounding the mare were an assortment of other woodland creatures, all seeking refuge in the dip in the earth that she had found for them all to shield them from the cold. She felt very badly for them when they, too, seemed to stir, blinking at her curiously. A white, pointed muzzle peaked out from feathers and the mare's generous tail, the fox sniffing wildly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ringo," Etsuko whispered, nuzzling up to her companion with her wing. "I didn't mean to wake you. I... I didn't mean to wake myself, either," she finished, looking confused. Ringo gave a great, toothy yawn before standing and stretching.

"Oh! Ringo, it's okay, you don't have to get up," she said hurriedly, tone hushed. Using her wings, she ushered them all back together, huddling them into the spot she had previously been occupying. The little den was perfect to protect them from any harsh weather, although the night had been rather tame. Sitting at the base of a very large tree, it offered a canopy of leaves and sprawling roots to hide within.

"Where are you going?" Ringo demanded, suddenly awake. She watched her Bonded suspiciously as the mare fidgeted about, glancing out toward the valley. Etsuko lowered her head, then peeked down at Ringo guiltily, although she wasn't entirely certain as to why she felt guilty. Ringo just had that effect on others.

"Um," she began, biting her lower lip. "I'm just going to check it out, to make sure everything is okay. I just had a weird feeling, so... so I'll be right back." Before Ringo could protest further, she added, "Please watch over these creatures, okay? I'm... I'm counting on you!" She made sure to sound extra firm near the end; her best effort was a pleading look, and, possibly, a small whimper had made its way in there by accident.

Ringo rolled her eyes. "Fine," she snapped, her worried tone betraying her. "But be quick! If you're gone for too long, I'm going to look for you. These guys can fend for themselves for five minutes." Etsuko gave her a bright smile and a small peck on the forehead before turning and trotting out and into the open.

Her breath curled and crystallized in the air in front of her, and the rather tiny mare gave a hard shiver at the startling difference in temperature. It was as if she had stepped out from under a warm blanket and onto the cold grass; her paws danced nervously, but she continued on, ears struggling to catch what many with smaller - more normal, and she bit her tongue at the reminder - would miss.

Looking this way and that and spotting nothing, but still feeling a pang of unease in her chest, Etsuko closed her eyes and listened. She stilled her breathing, large ears taut and pinned forward.

Labored breathing seized her attention, and for a moment, she wondered if it was her own breathing she was hearing. She calmed herself; no, no, it was... someone else. Someone....

"There!" she cried, turning and galloping toward the source of the sound. Whoever - or whatever - it was, they sounded like they were in pain, and that meant they needed her. Whatever it was, she would do her best to help.

When she came upon the top of a large hill, she hesitated only briefly before resuming the hunt. It was easier to see where she was looking now; something large had literally rolled down the hill, bushes snapped and dirt crumbled over the ground where it had been disturbed. She moved carefully, now, picking up her paws daintily to avoid tripping or descending too quickly.

It was what she found at the bottom of the hill that caused Etsuko to stop in her tracks, wings first flaring, then pinning tightly to her sides in surprise.

A stallion lay crumpled against the base of a tree. His chest rose and fell with a quivered breath, as if he were in a great deal of pain. The source of said pain quickly became evident: a wondrous wing was folded over his body, visibly injured a great deal. Hesitating no more, Etsuko rushed to his side, forgetting her fears for a moment out of worry for the other.

"Oh!" she cried, voice growing. "Oh! A-are you okay? Oh my, your... your wing, it... Can you hear me? Please open your eyes!"

techabyte

Logue

Fluffy Pup

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:54 pm
As he laid there, Berceuse recalled many times he went off adventuring while his "mother" did "mother things". He remembered the times where he was forced to stay in caves and hide from "the dark creatures" that wanted to hurt him. A frown shifted over his features as he fought off the pain as much as possible. Perhaps those dark creatures were coming after him now. Perhaps they would take him away, and he would never have to face this dark world again. The stallion shifted slowly, his body lifting for a moment, before he fell back down in a heap, cringing lightly. that was a bad move, on his part. He sighed, closing his dark eyes for a moment, before he found himself just laying there, thinking of all the dark times he endured already.

As the seconds ticked on, he heard something. Something far away, and yet close. The stallion's body tensed, as if waiting to feel what could only be death taking him on heavy wings. Instead, there was the sound of foot fall. At the moment, he couldn't get himself to open his eyes. Every shift of his being was filled with pain and sadness. Within moments though, there was a voice, a voice that caused the stallion's ears to shift slowly. They pointed toward the direction of the worried voice, of a mare, he assumed. A few moments ticked by, before he opened his eyes.

And for a moment, he saw Sophia. Berceuse snarled, thrashed for a moment and snapped his teeth at the winged mare, before his eyes refocused, and he was able to see her for who she really was. The mare was lovely, as lovely a creature as he had ever seen. Her fur was a sort of grey brown, with white speckles, and her hair was gentle pink, something he hadn't seen except for when the blood was almost fully washed out of his fur, or another creatures for that matter. She seemed rather worried about him, which wasn't something that he was used to. Not something he had ever really see. The stallion shifted some, his muscles aching and quivering for a moment, before he stilled once more. The red orbs locked on the lovely mare for several more moments, before he lowered his head, eyes closing half way once more as he tried to think of what way to answer the creature.

".... Who... are you..." Was the only words he was able to manage.

Logue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 am
Thank goodness, he seemed to be... to be alright. As alright as a stallion could be, in his condition, in any case. Etsuko's ears pinned flat against her head and she backpedaled when he snarled. Eyes were wide with a timid stare, but she kept her gaze locked onto his, as if trying to ascertain whether or not he truly meant the threat.

When he relaxed, she did, too.

Picking up her dainty paws, the mare quickly returned to his side, wings up and flared out in a mock-cover of sorts. What she might have been shielding him from, she didn't know. A quick glance over her shoulder and she was back to tending to the stallion, gingerly, keeping a breadth of distance between himself and her. She was tensed and ready to flee at any moment, but the urge to help one in need kept her, nonetheless, glued to the spot.

"I-I'm Etsuko," she nearly whispered, a tremble to her voice. "I'm... don't worry, I... I'm here to help! So please, don't strain yourself, I'll..."

Looking up, Etsuko danced nervously on her paws and surveyed their immediate surroundings. It was times like this that she wished she had Ringo with her; the fox always knew what to do or say to make her do something, anything. Right now, she felt helpless, but did not want to be helpless.

"Um, I... I don't mean to impose, but... Are you being followed? Are we..." She swallowed, eyes huge. "Are we in danger right now? I'd... I'd like to get you somewhere safe, if... if you can walk."

techabyte

Logue

Fluffy Pup

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 am
The stallion didn't know what he was going to do. Now he had this mare hovering. And he just... didn't have the energy to fight anything. His back was pulsing, his wing limp. Everything hurt more than he wished for it to. He slowly shifted and rolled as best as he could, before trying to get up, only to wince. He flinched and dropped back down to the ground, legs folding under him. His ears flicked back for a moment, before he glanced up. This mare was different... She didn't seem to want to hurt or manipulate him; or at least that's what it seemed. He had been manipulated several times. He had been manipulated and confused for years over the mares in his life. First Sophia... Raising him and turning him to a darker side. And then Tuuli... Getting him to breed with her and take the kids into a herd. Just to... Shaking his head again, the stallion looked back up toward the mare with a somewhat baffled expression on his face.

Etsuko... Her name was Etsuko. It sounded gentle enough. Twitching his nose slightly, the stallion lifted his head and stared toward her. She didn't seem like she wanted to hurt him... Could he trust her? Could he... Shaking his head some, the stallion folded his wing ( the other just limp still ) against his back. He watched as she seemed to block him from... something. His eyes flickered for a moment, searching, ears perked. He didn't remember anyone chasing him, but at the same time, he wasn't sure where Sophia was at this point in time. She could come out at any moment... Or send her lap dogs. Shuddering at the thought, the stallion shook his head some. "Berceuse Chopin Amachi... You can call me either of the first two names..." His voice was tense with the pain, ribs aching slightly.

Shifting again, Berceuse pushed as best as he could. He had to get up. He had taken abuse before, had been knocked down and told to get back up. He grit his jaw, but slowly rose to his feet. Compared to the dainty mare, he was tall. His injured wing laid limp, unfolded and touching the ground. He turned his head to look at her, red eyes locked. "No... No, she wouldn't come this far... I don't think..." He shook his head, tail giving a half flick. Her eyes turned toward him, nodding slightly for them to leave. Somewhere out of the cold would be great. His muscles quivered slightly, before they stilled. He was fine. He could walk. He'd be perfectly fine. "Yes.. Somewhere else would be good." He murmured, looking down at her with the pained gaze hiding in his eyes.

Logue

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:45 am
Concern knit her brow, eyes wide with worry but also alert. Every nerve was standing on edge for the mare, and she fearfully glanced about more than once. Who was she? Who could it be, to cause such pain to someone so large and powerful-looking? A knot had built up into her stomach, but she ignored it the best she could in order to attempt strength for him. He needed her, that much was obvious. If there was one thing Etsuko could not turn down, it was... someone in need.

Even if they were a stranger.

She knew Ringo would be upset. She knew the other creatures would be afraid, would probably even scatter off. They had grown accustomed to Etsuko's presence and did not mind her, but she had proven that over time. A newcomer - a very large, imposing, injured newcomer, at that - would likely send them off like lightning rolled across the sky.

Still. She gritted her teeth, expression becoming determined. Still, she had to try to do something.

She watched as the stallion - Berceuse, he had said - slowly stood, obviously aching from his injuries. She had seen the way the path down had been lain flat, as if a large creature had tumbled over it. Etsuko winced internally at the image that entered her mind: Berceuse, unable to stop himself or slow his descent, crashing into the tree.... She whispered a saddened oh under her breath and pushed the thought aside.

"Um, h-here, please," she stammered, offering a large wing to his side. "I... I have a place we can go. It is sheltered and hidden from view. If you'll just lean on me, I'll try to support you, so..."

She stared at the ground for a few beats, face hidden by her generous mane. After a few deep breathes, she was ready to fight the good fight.

"So just leave it to me, B-Berceuse. I'll... I'll protect you, okay?" Determination once again flashed into her eyes, bringing them to focus on his own.

tehabyte

Logue

Fluffy Pup

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:37 pm
Berceuse wasn't certain what to do in this instant. On one hoof, he could trust her, he could lean on her and let her lead him to some safety that she promised. But was it safe? Was she safe? Was Etsuko a good creature? Was she as angelic as she appeared? The stallion had to admit, her appearance seemed to be rather... sweet. But it didn't mean anything. The sweetest of mares could be the darkest of creatures. The other hoof, would be he ran her off. Attacked her and force her to either flee or fight. To die or kill him. He tilted his head away from her, eyes searching the ground as he thought about it for some time. Which could he do... Which would help him in the long run. He sighed lightly, before tilting his head lightly to stare at the light colored mare. He blinked at her, before eying her side lightly. If he leaned on her...

"I outweigh you, Etsuko. If I were to lean on you, it could cause you to fall over, or grow tired far more easily. I can manage walking; do not fret over that..." He stated, before shaking out his mane of tattered ringlets. Twigs and leaves seemed to litter in his white hair and his feathered wings. He needed to figure out just how he was going to survive all this. He could trust her. He could feel it. After staying so long with Sophia Rose, he figured he would be able to survive almost anything. His body shifted lightly, before he took a half step forward, flinching for a moment. After said moment, he lifted his head, and let out a small snort. He wasn't going to show weakness... Not now.

Lifting his head up in a rather prideful manner, the stallion let his red eyes lock on the mare. She was rather gentle looking. He could easily outweigh her, easily take her down. And it would be easy, very easy. He wasn't intimidated by her, in the least. He shook out his fur for a moment, folded up one of his wings ( the other still hung limp at his side ). He took a few more steps forward, though was uncertain which way to go. He looked around, before pausing to stare toward the mare once more, his eyes locked on her. He sent her a somewhat small smile, before letting one of his hooves paw lightly at the ground, almost anxiously. He would need to rest, need to lay down and take a breather. And hopefully, she would be able to help him. "Lead the way, Etsuko... And thank you. For offering me your assistance. I... have never been shown such kindness before. Thank you, for gracing me with it. It's quite the change of pace." He murmured, tilting his head away from her to observe the area around them. Where would such a mare live out in these woods...

Logue
[ LOL, didn't realize you tagged. xD ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:13 pm
She had watched the inner battle he waged; of course, she couldn't have expected him to trust her right off the bat. Yet, she had been hopeful, and perhaps, a bit frightened. Frightened for this stallion's well-being, in the woods, at night. It all seemed scary and like something she would hear as a bedtime story. Still, she puffed her chest and tried to look tough. For his sake and hers.

Her tough guy act immediately deflated when he mentioned their difference in stature. "Oh... yes, that's true," she murmured under her breath as he explained, pawing sheepishly at the grass. She was rather small, and he... well, rather large. Still, she believed in will power, and thought anyone could honestly do anything if they tried. So when he stepped forward, steadied himself, she leaned up against his side, wing erect to stabilize him further. She was careful to avoid touching his wing.

He was right; he probably didn't need her help to walk. But it was an uphill climb from here, and it was obvious that he could not fly the length of the incline in this state. Huffing out a big breath, Etsuko looked up to Berceuse with a nervous smile. "It's, it's okay. I would think you would do the same for me, if the situation were reversed, so..."

Lifting her head, Etsuko scanned the hill. Her brow knit worriedly, and she bit her lip, but tried not to voice her concerns. "Um, I live... way up there," she said quietly, nodding toward the top of the hill. "I don't know if you can... well, it would be a hard walk... do you think you have enough strength to climb back up?"

Her mind raced, trying to find a solution. They could always camp out elsewhere, near the base.... they were fairly protected by the foliage, hidden from view at this point. If she could dig out a little nook, somewhere, they could stow away for the night. Her gut ached; Ringo would be so mad.

"If you'd like, I can... um, I can try to find a place closer by. You might scare my little friends, anyway...." She smiled, tone apologetic. "N-no offense..."

techabyte
[ LOL it's okay, I didn't realize you had tagged the other RP. |D ]

Logue

Fluffy Pup

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:04 pm
At first, Berceuse wasn't certain what she was so certain about. She seemed to very easily realize that he wasn't going to hurt her, or assumed it. Frowning at the thought, he shook his head. If she had done this to someone else... Someone who wasn't going through such a battle between darkness and light, what would happen? What if she had put so much faith in someone who was so twisted that they would kill this rather sweet mare with out so much of a thought. For some reason, some strange reason, the thought made him growl low in his chest. He shook his head, the curls of his mother bouncing lightly against his neck, before he peered down at the mare curiously. She seemed so upset that she couldn't carry him up the hill. Frowning at the thought, he lowered his head a fraction to peer down at her. "Don't be upset... It's just... how life is." He said rather softly.

The mention of being in the same situation made him frown. He wouldn't have... If she had met him the other day, not even three or four days ago really, he would have just killed her, or forced her into a sort of relationship that... well... would be rather twisted. He wouldn't have cared; would have called her weak and scoffed at her. Tortured her. But now, now that he was here and had found out about his own life, he wasn't certain. He sighed some, flicking his ears back as he moved beside the mare, pausing for a moment as he tried to shift the broken wing to fold, only to flinch lightly, shaking his head in frustration. Berceuse hated not being able to control his own body.

The stallion looked over toward the small mare, staring curiously. After a moment, he nodded. "Mm. I'm not too worried. If they run off, I apologize in advance. I will... try to step lightly." He stated lightly. The stallion looked back up toward the hill, frowning lightly. So long as he took it slow, he could probably make his way up. Steeling himself, he huffed softly, before starting toward the hill. Berceuse did not like being weak; but he was injured. He grit his jaw as he moved slowly up the hill, his hooves digging into fallen leaves and slippery dirt. He slid at one point, losing a bit of ground, before catching his footing and continuing up the hill he had tumbled down just moments before. He wasn't going to show his weakness in front of anyone... especially this mare that seemed just so willing to help him.

Logue

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 10:22 pm
Logue

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:25 am
Logue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:37 pm
Etsuko's face set in determination; watching this stallion climb the hill, despite his injuries, caused her to feel a bit strange. Like she could do anything, too. She puffed up her chest and followed, quickly closing the gap between them by bumping up against the side of Berceuse that did not host the broken wing. She leaned into him and dug her claws into the dirt, using all of her strength to try to support him as he climbed.

Her heart pounded in her chest. Why did she trust him? He was so big, and seemed to hurt so badly; that was a very dangerous combination for a mare of her stature. Still, she sensed a kindness inside of him, and a deep, deep pain. Even if it backfired, even if he injured her or left her for dead, was it not her duty to protect those who needed it? Even a cornered wolf needed help, didn't he?

As he marched their way up the mountain, Etsuko grit her teeth and did her best not to show that she, too, was struggling now. Her wings were large and strong, and the one not pressed into his side flapped awkwardly at hers, hoping to maintain some form of balance and purchase on the ground beneath her dainty paws. She squeaked when she nearly slipped, clutching herself to Berceuse's side with the stubbornness of a bull.

"U-um! I'm sorry!" she gasped, casting Berceuse a sheepish look. It was laced with a bit of panic, as if she feared toppling the poor stallion right back down the hill. "Oh, and... and I hope this is alright, I, um... I didn't want to impose, but... m-my claws are good for this kind of thing, so..." she stammered, her breath causing her to pause more frequently between words. She didn't want to admit it, but she was already winded. She shook her head and stared straight ahead, brow knit in concentration.

Adrenaline outweighed fear in her mind. She knew she was asking a lot, for a stranger to just trust her as foolishly as she trusted others.

"We'll... we'll get you up this hill! I... I promise! So just believe in me..."

Techabyte

Logue

Fluffy Pup

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:49 am
User Image
Berceuse didn’t know how to feel about this mare. This small, petite being that just wanted to help him. He frowned some, and felt his body stiffen. He wasn’t used to this; this kindness. Raised with lies and pain could cause that. He didn’t know how he felt about it, but he pushed it aside. She was willing to help him, so he had to be willing to allow it. His bad wing seemed to brush the ground as he climbed, unable to pick up and fold against his side. He glared toward it; damned thing was being a hassle. But he had to get up the hill. He couldn’t stay in that ditch. He glanced down curiously toward Etsuko, before back up, nodding his head slightly as he moved. He could do it, he was certain he could.

Before he had time to say anything, the small mare pressed against his side. His wing automatically shifted, lifting up and laying across and over her back, his fingers settling down against her side. He glanced down at her for a moment, before looking up once more. His eyes shifted some, and he took a soft breath to get himself forward once more. He pushed forward and up, listening as she got winded. She was trying so hard to help him, and it made her seem all the stronger in his eyes. He smiled slightly, but it was quickly shifted back over to a frown. He grunted, and shook his head, moving forward and up. He had to get here. Had to get there quickly. He felt the way she slipped, and his wing tightened over her as she did, wanting to make sure she wasn’t going to fall. His head tilted some, and he breathed out a soft sigh, shaking his head.

”Don’t apologize… Thank you, again. I… don’t want to oppose.” He murmured. He eventually helped to get them up the hill, and once there, he paused to lift his wing off her, beating it slightly to get the small kinks out of his feathers. He folded his good wing against his side once more, and let his eyes flicker over to Etsuko. She had helped him, and it was a good feeling. It for some reason made him feel all the more calm. He tilted his head some, and dipped it down some to shake out his mane and tight muscles. He turned a bit, and let his eyes flicker back toward her. She was stunning, and it was hard for him to be focused. But eventually he got his mind straight, and he was able to focus. Focus, focus.

Berceuse shifted some and slowly turned to face her. He tilted his head some and nodded his head some, before dropping down on one knee in a sort of bow, his eyes closing some. ”Thank you, once again… Though I don’t think I got your name…” He said lightly, pulling himself up from the bow, his tail giving a small flick.

Logue

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff