Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
present time. hell. yes.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what should i do with the giftcard???
  ******** everything and spend that s**t
  be a responsible adult and get some groceries.
  save it for an emergency like groceries
  save it for an emergency ******** everyhing moment where you blow it
  don't ******** care
View Results

CaptainTeaTime
Crew

Tipsy Darling

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:04 pm
so this year i got gift certificates! woot! nah, like, srsly, i pretty much just got gift cards from my mom and pat. because they didn't know what to get either me or my brother. so i got a few pairs of pants, a bracelet, two pairs of socks, three gift cards to fast food joints (burger king, subway, and taco bell) and a two hundred gift card to walmart. and a bunch of perfume and candy in the stocking.

my brother got like three or four shirts, a hoodie, socks, a watch, the same gift cards, and similar stocking stuffers.

and then we went to universal studios and i got a grinch scarf and grinch light up gloves. my brother didn't get anything. which started a fight between my mom and pat because pat bought me both items and didn't buy my brother anything because he said he didn't want anything. so my mom told pat to give him a twenty since that's what my gloves cost and she flat out refused to give him a god damn penny because her logic was that if he wanted something he could ask and she'd get it, but she wasn't going to hand out cash for him to blow on getting souvenirs for people back home that still just so happen to owe her and my mom a few hundred dollars.

but my mom was pissed for like half the night.

so now i don't know if i should spend my wal mart card for like... real s**t like groceries and my phone plan, hoard it for emergencies of probably real s**t like groceries or my phone, or just blow it on two hundred dollars worth of whatever the ******** i want because ******** that it was a christmas gift and i can do what i want.

being an adult sucks when you don't even use your gift money for ******** all things you want but ******** groceries so you can eat another month.

then again... i am getting school money so i can spend that on groceries...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:58 pm
You use it for food since we're always low on it. Like you said being an adult sucks but that's what you are and we have to deal with it. I used my Christmas money for rent so I know how it feels.  

Anal Pleasure

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:47 pm
Bein' an adult really does suck sometimes. Now, whenever I get gift cards, I think "Oh boy, I can eat for another week!"

I remember when I used to just go around and buy whatever I felt like without really thinkin' about it too terribly, as long as I had the money for it. Now I look back and think about how much I could have had saved up so I could pay bills and buy food and such.

Also, gift cards make the best of presents, I don't care what other people say. I know it doesn't show creativity, but there's nothin' wrong with that. I kinda wish my family would just give me money, but they feel they gotta have somethin' for me to unwrap so I pick socks and such. xd

That bein' said, I got mostly socks this year, and some other little things like a mug and some pajama shirts.

I felt really bad because when my family asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I explained that I wanted a small musical keyboard, like the size of a computer keyboard, to connect to my computer and compose some music. They ended up gettin' me an entire giant keyboard, which was way bigger and more expensive than what I had in mind. My mom had a feelin', though, and showed it to me the day before, and we ended up goin' and returnin' it and I got money instead. I felt bad, but I didn't really know what else to do, and she did ask if I thought it was too big.

Anyway, I guess the main real present I got was all of my student loans paid off, as well as a small inheritance, thanks to my grandmother. I am also getting my other grandmother's car. I'm happy to be able to breath more comfortably without a giant debt on my shoulders and to finally be able to drive my own car, but at the same time, I feel kinda awful for feeling relieved and kinda happy. Twas a very bittersweet Christmas this year, just like last Christmas with my grandfather. I also say this while I'm sittin' at my grandmother's old computer in her old house that my family decided to use for a family vacation. Just feels weird.

Anyhoo, CHRISTMAS!!! I totally rambled more than planned.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:48 pm
Oh, right. My advice about money and such.

Whenever I have some money and I'm not sure how to use it, I usually split it up into two piles, with one pile bein' bigger than the other. The bigger amount I'm responsible with and use to pay bills and buy food and such. The smaller amount I allow myself to either save up for somethin' somewhat expensive I want, or to just use to get myself somethin' nice or to order out for food one night. That way, I feel like I'm bein' responsible but I also get to have a little fun!  

Semok

Fuzzy Lunatic

21,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conventioneer 300

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:31 pm
I spent some of my Christmas money on a present for my boyfriend, the rest will probably end up going toward food.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:33 pm
I got a new laptop, windows 8, so I have been taking some time to adjust to it. So far I'm happy with it.

As sorta early christmas presents my parents picked me up from my place in Victoria and bought me a toaster and a vegetable steamer/pasta cooker.

On Christmas Day I got a kettle, and a teapot as the main presents. I also got a knife block thing with a couple knives.

Everything else is just chocolate and money.

Having a toaster gives me more options for food.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 pm
OH THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER OH OH THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items