Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[JRP] Pridemates Before, Pridemates Again (Aslan x Aby)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:04 am
User Image

Aslan strolled through the tall, green grass, enjoying the lush feel under his paws. He dug his claws into the moist dirt and purred softly. He'd never seen a land as fertile and alive as this one. The Pridelands certainly had everything a lion could ask for: fresh water that was always cool, plenty of prey to hunt that didn't run away, lots of other lions to talk with, and very, very pretty females. He hadn't a care in the world, which was a nice change from growing up in the rouge lands.

Finding a nice warm rock - the same one he'd been on a few days prior when he'd met another lion in the pride from his old one - he lounged upon it and closed his eyes with a content sigh. Yes, this was the life that he could very, very easily never leave. If only there were females here open to the idea of multiple mates, then everything really would be perfect. He already had his eyes set on one female in particular, but hey. Could he be blamed for hoping for more? There was nothing wrong with spreading the love, after all.

Yawning widely, he licked his muzzle after and gazed lazily across the high grass plains, wondering what excitement might find him today, if any at all.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:10 am
User Image

Abyad'Asad had not been in the Pridelands long. She missed her old pride, and some of her family. The idea of a female being allowed to leave and to come and go as she pleased in this pride was so... strange. The lionesses that Aby had spoken to since arriving seemed to think her old pride was strange for having multiple mates to one male and trading daughters to other males to create alliances with other families. They did not seem to have any concept of a female's place in the world being different than a male's.

The biggest shock for Aby had been seeing males going out on the hunts with females. They taught cubs to hunt so that when they went out on their quest they would be able to fend for themselves, but after a male returned, they were never expected to hunt for themselves! That was the responsibility of the Banus not the Pads. So little of this place made sense to her and it was just so bewildering. She did like the feel of the pridelands, it was safe and homey.

Unfortunately for Aby it was also so foreign that she really wished she had had a Pad before she came here. He would have been able to help her feel not so alone in such a strange place. Aby's thoughts had distracted her as she was walking, and she nearly did not see the male perched upon a rock. When she caught sight of him she averted her eyes as was proper for a banu. She still kept with they traditions of her pride and while she might now speak to a male that was not part of her family, she certainly would not speak FIRST nor would she look him in the eye unless he insisted upon it as it was not her place to do so.

SilverLutz

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:09 pm
Aslan gave a little huff as a bird flew in front of his face, startling him enough to lift his head. He watched it fly away with a mildly annoyed look before settling his chin down on his paw once more, this time gazing back at the pride's land. He was quite surprised to spot a female not too far from his rock, her eyes cast down at the ground. Lifting his head again, he watched her for a few moments before determining she did know he was here. Originally he had thought that he hadn't caught her attention just yet. The way she held herself reminded him of the adult females from his old pride. Even though he had been just a cub when he had left and many of the traditions were lost to him, he did know this was a common practice of the females from the U'W.

"Good afternoon, my dear," he called out in a friendly voice, tail flicking back and forth. "What a lovely thing you are. Forgive me for being so blunt," he added, having gotten quite a few sharp answers in return for what he thought were good manners. "Beautiful ladies should be recognized in my mind. What is your name?"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:51 pm
Aby blushed brightly under her white fur, quite sure it was showing through, and she lifted her gaze to the male's tentatively. She lowered it again quickly, not having meant to actually catch his gaze as to just look at him. She hated the idea of offending anyone, especially a male. She was still very mindful of how her old pride had worked. Males were to be respected above all else since one's Pad was the law for a banu. She did like the compliments from this male at least.

Aby liked being called beautiful, but she realized it could be a bad thing as well. He could be out to harm her, but they were withing the Pridelands, that was not likely. "Th-thank you, sir. I am Abyad'Asad." She had been young when her family left the pride, but she had been raised to act like she still lived in the U'W. Aby just was not sure how to handle this male. She had not been prepared for talking to a male on her own like this.

SilverLutz

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:42 pm
Aslan tilted his head to the side as the female looked up and him, then quickly glanced away again. Her mannerisms were so similar to the females in his old pride, as well as the way his mother had acted around his father. He had met someone already that was from the U'W, and it had been a pleasant surprise. Perhaps this lovely lady was from the same place as he?

The male shifted and slid down off the rock, moving forward at an easy pace as she gave him her name. "Ah...that's a beautiful name," he purred happily, stopping a few paces away from Aby. "I'm Aslan. And there's no need to look at my feet, my dear. You remind me of the females from my old pride...perhaps you wouldn't mind telling me where you're from, if you're not a native of this pride?"

Curiosity was one thing, but to find a female that was from the U'W was completely another. His current object of desire was a Prideland native, and she hadn't the faintest idea of how Aslan thought. He should have at least two, maybe more females in his paws at all times. While she was truly a gem among females - his beybanu of choice if he could have one - he wasn't satisfied with one lady. Aby, with her similar mindset, just might agree to sharing him with another female or two. Of course, as it wasn't custom in this pride he really shouldn't be greedy...but, ah. He was getting ahead of himself. First to find out if she was from his old pride.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:50 pm
Aby glanced up again but she did not keep her eyes up long it was rude or so she thought. "I live here in the pridelands now.. but I was from the Ukuucha'Wafalme." She wondered why this male asked such a question. Was he offended by her looking at his paws? Some of the males had found her strange for that, true, but nobody had been really upset with her about it as of yet. She just hoped that this male would not be upset by her.

Aby really did have a hard time with the ways of this pride so far. And the idea that a male only had one mate.. a female would have no sister banus to help with cubs. It was so strange. That was the rarity at her old pride normally a male had two banus minimum! Extra paws to help with hunting and cubs was just something a female looked forward to having. It was so weird seeing males not out on their banu quest hunting and hunting for other pride members including females.

SilverLutz

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:12 pm
Aslan's ears perked up at the name of the pride. "Really?" he asked with a little laugh. "Wow...it really is a small savanna. I'm from there as well! Although...I was just a cub when it was broken up," he added, although there was no sad expression on his face. He had grown up with his family who instilled the values of the pride into him, despite their lack of leadership.

Bending down just a bit, he tried to catch Aby's eye, his grin now a far different from the one he had offered at first. Rather than being friendly in a 'I just met you' sort of way, it was now full and honest and excited. He was meeting so many lions from his old pride that it astounded him!

"How did you end up here, Aby?" he asked, curious to know. He also was interested in finding out if she had arrived with any other family, or perhaps a mate in tow. That would be rather unfortunate but...if she were alone...or at the very least available...the gears in his head began to turn. His Prideland native that he was currently wooing was a bit naive and very open to new ideas. It would be so hard to convince her to accept Aby as a second female to his little harem...would it?

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:28 pm
Aby looked up a bit now. Between the male saying he was from the same pride as she had been and how he stuffed his nose under her gaze she couldn't help but oblige him. "My father left before everything happened with the pride... and our new Pad let us the option to leave afterwards. I wanted to find a new home and a Pad of my own." It was the first thing she had ever done that showed backbone, and she wondered just how wise it had been now. She felt so alone here, and the males were so weird here. She just was not prepared for some of the strange things such as the females having so much say.

If this male was from her old pride though... he might want a banu, right? Aby looked a bit hopeful as she spoke again. "Do you have your banus yet?" She shouldn't have asked it was very forward, but she really wanted to know. She did not want to be alone anymore and having a pad and other banus to keep her company sounded wonderful. Please let this male be looking for a banu. He seemed very nice and he could help her figure out this odd pride. She could feel useful having a Pad to dote on, and that was the important thing really.

SilverLutz

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:18 am
Aslan nodded slightly as Aby told him of her past, and how she had been set free to do as she pleased. What luck that she had found this pride, then! He kept a pleasant smile on his maw as she continued, and when she asked if he had any banus, he had to laugh. He quickly reached out to pat her paw, though, not wanting her to feel as though he were laughing at her. Instead, he was laughing at his great fortune in finding her.

"My dear, even if I had banus, I could always make room for one more," he said with a charming smile. "I do have my eyes set on one of the locals here, but she's very carefree and might even take to having a few other lionesses around. She is the only one thus far, though, and knows nothing of our ways." He lowered his voice just a bit and leaned in to gently bump his head against Aby's. "And who would I to say no to as sweet and beautiful a creature as yourself?"

He paused then, pulling back with a thoughtful look on his face, his paw still resting on Aby's. "Yes...I think this could work," he murmured softly, eyes turning to the lioness'. "Although we've just met I feel a kindred spirit in you, my dear. For the time being we can call one another pad and banu, but I would love to get to know you more, find out just how you tick. Hopefully I can convince my Prideland girl that our ways are not as backwards as others seem to think, and you two can meet on friendly grounds."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:00 pm
Aby blushed a bit. It was such a nice feeling to know that this male wanted her. So what if it was to be a secret for now? It was still a familiar arrangement of Pad and Banu and there was going to be another Banu for her to rely on, one from this pride. The spotted lioness was sure that if there was going to be a native in the harem then she could learn all about this new pride very easily soon enough. She had the best luck in the world in finding this male to be her pad. She was so excited that she just wanted to dance where she stood, but she kept herself still as she listened to the male speak.''

"I am glad that you would wish me as your banu. I do hope your other banu will like me... and I would like to learn more about you as well, my Pad. A banu should know how to please her Pad." Aby smiled up at the male, finally allowing herself to meet his eyes without embarrassment or shame. This was HER Pad now so she could look at him so long as he did not forbid it. "I should get back... I was supposed to be meeting a hunting party to go out later today... I will see you again, my Pad." This day was a wonderful one indeed!

SilverLutz

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:54 pm
Aslan knew it wasn't terribly odd to find a female and declare them part of your harem, but he also knew Aby was right. They had just met and barely knew one another, so there was a lot of time that needed to be spent together. He would have no problems with that, since Aby was very sweet and very nice to look at. He was sure any time spent with her from here on out would be quite enjoyable.

"I do hope that as well," he agreed, his thoughts flicking back to the young adult he was still trying to woo. It wouldn't take much more time, he figured, but to get her to agree to this idea of not being his one and only might take some time. Still...if it didn't work out, he'd have Aby for certain. Perhaps there'd be other females he could persuade to join them.

A little bob of his head was given in farewell. "I will see you again soon, my dear Aby," he said with a charming smile. "To learn more about you and what makes you tick. But for now, enjoy your hunt! I look forward to hearing all about it."

Kathryn Dragonna
Last one from me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:13 am
"I will enjoy my hunt, thank you, my Pad!" Aby had a spring to her step as she went off toward the hunt she was to participate in. If all went well, she would have a Pad and a sister banu or two soon enough. She really hoped it all went well not only for her own sake but for that of her new pad. He was wonderful and she wished only the best for him. Now if she could just figure out some of the oddness of this pride. She was sure she would have enough time for that on the hunt. she always seemed to get stuck in a group with at least one male along afterall.

Aby was still trying to puzzle out why mated males would be hunting instead of sending their females out to get their food for them, but she had a feeling that would be a little easier to understand after some time with Aslan's other banu. There was nobody better to explain things than a native. The lioness prepared to face her strange home with a new sense of ease and happiness. It was amazing the difference having a Pad could make to a lioness. Aslan was now her new family.

SilverLutz
we are fin, and sorry about the delay in posting this.

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces