Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Skits & Casual Roleplaying
Rhone's Journal (about 80 years before NT)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:35 pm
Bound inside Rhone's current journal that he keeps with him are several old, worn pages. Their text remaining legible due to some magic force binding the words to the paper.

It has been many days, but I believe my search may be over. I have researched in tomes inside the Sybak library about a spell I may be able to use. Some "spell of infinite knowledge" or...something. I don't remember the name. What's important is I remember how to cast it, so I'll write it down here in case I forget.

The rest of the page is missing, the tears indicating it was removed hastily.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Day 1:

I have discovered what the spell does! In casting it, I have noticed that time has stopped around me, but I can still...interact with it somewhat. Whenever I, say, grab a book, I get a copy of it, but the book remains there. When I place the book on a table, it starts to fade away...but only if I am done with it. The spell knows my mind and knows what I seek. It knows when and for how long I need a source of information. I can interact with doors as well, in that I simply go through them. I can open any cabinet as well, key or no. When I am finished with it, it simply closes itself, while any sort of paper or object I grab makes a temporary copy of itself. It's as if I'm in a copy of the world itself, where only the knowledge I gather can be retained. Remarkable! I will have to start studying the tomes in Sybak again, this time without interruption, and maybe I can figure out something.

Day 2:

I have started combing through books to learn what I can and have realized I feel no hunger, nor tiredness. In fact, had I not brought a timepiece powered by magic, I would have no idea how long I've been here. I have not even gone through a fraction of the books here, and I will not rest until I read every single one of them. I WILL find the answers I need.

Day 34:

I have read every book here and there's nothing that will help me. I have learned many useful things, however, so it is not a complete loss. The only other location I can think of that might have some secret knowledge is Mizuho. I will have to travel there at once and see what I can find inside their ancient scrolls.

Day 36:

Traveling through the lands without any sort of sound, wind, or living thing moving is calming, but sometimes eerie. I have many times seen animals or people traveling, some in horrible danger, yet I cannot help them. It's a bit sad, but I have to keep going! I have to find out what awaits in Mizuho!

Day 37:

Traveling sure takes longer when I'm alone and taking my time to look at things. No matter, I'm in Mizuho. Time to see what I can find.

Day 40:

Found something, but I'm not happy. In order to bring someone back, I have to contact their soul. No idea how the hell I'm gonna do that. I suppose I should return to where I cast the spell and come back.

Day 42:

In my haste to cast the spell, I forgot to look up how to reverse it. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Day 4876:

I've been traveling around to different cities for years now, looking for any kind of information at all about how to get out of this...whatever the hell it is. In the process I've learned more about the spell I've cast on myself...everything except for how to get out. Apparently I'm supposed to age normally while in here, but luckily for me, I don't age at all. I've never been honestly happy about that fact until now. I've also learned something unsettling...I am not the first person to get trapped here. I have occasionally found bones of others who have made the same error I have and succumbed to time. It is by finding these other mages that I have learned more about the place I'm stuck in. I'll have to keep searching for answers.

Day 13282:

I feel like I have been here for ages, searching every corner of the world for others like me who became trapped. I finally learned how I may get out. Apparently, the spell won't let someone out until they learn something important about themselves and grow from it. Great, so I have to soul search until the spell just decides I've had enough. This may take a while. Well, at least I have my timepiece so I can count how long this takes. Could be interesting.

Day 13284:

Tripped. Timepiece shattered. In low spirits, but I'm not giving up.

Day...well, lost count:

I'm trying to make use of my time here. Wherever I search for answers to bring back my loved ones, I try to think about myself as well. Maybe I'll get lucky and some revelation will just come to me, or maybe I'll be trapped in here for longer, I can't tell.

I don't like how the sun just sits there in the sky. Mocking me for the mistakes I've made. I tried, damn it!

How long have I been here? I feel like...I don't know what I feel like. I just am...or am I?

I think I'm starting to lose it. Learned I don't have to use my wings to go across the ocean. I apparently don't have to breathe and can just...dive under without getting wet. Strange feeling. Gonna see if there's anything down here.

Nothing in the ocean. I checked.

Perhaps the sky, then?

Nothing there. Just birds that don't respond to what I say...like everything else...

Forgot why I came here in the first place it's been so long...my old journal pages are worn and faded. Can't read my notes. Just want out.

What do you want from me? I can't think of anything. I don't want to think of anything ever again!

I miss my crew...I miss everyone...

Don't want to be alone anymore...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:40 pm
It's finally over. I...woke up where I had cast the spell as if waking from a bad dream. I thought it was for a moment until I looked at my journal. It's as if the spell wants me to remember everything I wrote down. Everything that happened. The worn pages are still worn, but the words glow faintly and won't fade. This spell should never see the light of day. I'm burning the books that pertain to it so no one else falls into its spell. I wish I could erase the knowledge of the spell from my mind. No matter, I feel I have learned from this experience. I feel...mentally fortified. Even my magic feels stronger... One more note... when I woke up, there was a gilded page in my journal that I hadn't added. The spell had rewarded me with how long I had been there and my revelation...I'd thank it if I didn't want to somehow destroy the spell's consciousness...  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100