Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 pm
User Image

Life was quiet. That is to say, routine. Boring. So the day Nagua had met Ebha stuck out like a sorely bright thumb. She'd just been so...so real. They'd had conversation that didn't start and end with disease. Oh sure, it had impinged, but in a way that could be easily overlooked.

At the time, the teal lion had considered it a relief to have such a plague-free conversation. Now, some time later, he realized it had been little short of a miracle. Even in the life of a Scout, where he spent so much time near, on, and past the borders of the Kitwana'antara lands, he still mostly spoke of disease.

For the moment he wasn't working. Simply grooming himself in the warm sunshine, enjoying the day for what it was.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:09 pm
User Image

Ebha had settled into a cheerful little routine fairly quickly, she hadn't been around here terribly long but it was long enough to determine that she was most likely a carrier and she was on her way to becoming a half-decent healer. To see her now, it was almost hard to believe she had been upset about getting stuck here at all.

She was wandering around, looking for a specific apothecary, though their business was not urgent-- which was lucky because, spotting Nagua from a distance, she didn't think twice about changing her course and heading directly for him. She hadn't forgotten about him, though she had been dealing with a lot of other things since they met before.

"Nagua!" she called.

There was no point trying to sneak up on him, though he didn't seem to be paying special attention to the goings-on around him, Ebha never could get away with sneaking. Not in light and circumstances like this.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:13 pm
Yellow eyes flew open in surprise as he heard his name called. Then the teal lion turned and grinned. How wonderful! As if his own musings had summoned her, Ebha was headed straight for him.

"Hi there Ebha!" the male called out cheerfully. "Long time no see!" Oh sure, she'd probably been busy - it wasn't as if there were so many in the pride that only a few had to work - but that didn't mean he wasn't glad to see her now! Really, he was so excited that it seemed like his heart had skipped a beat when he recognized her distinctive fur.

Well, maybe he'd have to ask a Healer about that. There was one coming this way, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:25 pm
Ebha smiled at him, looking and feeling completely different than the last time they had met. She had been friendly enough, of course, but she had been plagued by worries and mild symptoms all associated with the unpleasant truth that she was not allowed to leave the pride she had accidentally wandered into. Her symptoms had passed and she had come to accept her fate and she looked far better for it.

"It has been a while!" she agreed, stopping a few feet from the teal lion, "I've been pretty busy or I might have come looking for you, but I expect you're not easy for a newbie to find since you don't hang out with the healing crowd so much."

She hadn't forgotten that he was a scout.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 pm
"That's true," Nagua admitted with a sheepish grin. "Scouts in general are hard to find unless if you are one." It was weird but true. Some of his comrades were so rarely seen in the heart of the pride, that half of the population didn't know them by sight.

Not to mention that Scouts tended to be among the healthier pride members, which meant they didn't have as much reason to visit the Healers. But why would he mention something as silly as that?

"Though even Scouts need a place to sleep," the male mused aloud, continuing to think along that track.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:47 pm
She nodded and then laughed at his remark about needing a place to sleep. He seemed to be thinking out loud but he wasn't wrong, either. Still, only coming in this far to take a break made it harder for their paths to cross.

"It doesn't help that I've decided to become a healer," she said brightly, deciding to catch him up on what was going on with her whether or not he asked about it, "Actually, I don't think I've gone out even this far in a couple days."

Ebha wrinkled her nose thoughtfully, she had been learning a lot lately. Her social skills seemed to need the most work, pushy kindness seemed to work OK in general but not all the time.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:52 pm
"That's great!" Nagua replied. "Healers are always important. Even back home...I mean, where I come from, there were still lions who were very knowledgeable about herbs and healing." True, the Jini-msemi hadn't recognized such lions with a rank, but they had still been respected for their knowledge.

"But you've got to get out more!" he told the lioness. "I mean, the pride's not that big, but it's not that small either. You shouldn't limit yourself to just one area. There's a lot of people here that'd be happy to meet you!"

Or to just see her. But, well, that went without saying. Right?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 pm
Of course she had heard of healers before but she had never been part of a pride so she didn't have the same kind of reference point Nagua did. She did see their purpose here, though, which was why she had taken the Duchess's advice and decided to give this a try.

"I know, I know," she said with a laugh at his almost-scolding, "I expect now that I'm not so new and useless, I'll have more opportunity and motivation to explore a little more.."

Hmmm.

"Actually, last time we met, didn't you offer to show me around?" she asked, deliberately wording his offering differently, "You don't look busy now, care to go for a walk with me?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:03 pm
The teal lion gaped at Ebha in sheer, unadulterated joy. She was actually taking him up on his offer? He couldn't believe it! The pretty lioness wanted to spend time with him! Or maybe just wanted to be shown around, but still!

"I...of course!" Nagua agreed eagerly. "I'd be happy to! Let's go! What did you want to see first?" Yes, he was babbling a little. Probably too much, but well, he was so very excited!

Now, what should he show her? The dens? The training grounds? The water hole?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:17 pm
His enthusiasm was met with a grin. She was glad to see the offer still stood and that he seemed so interested. She had been right to divert her plans for the afternoon, Nagua was very good at making her feel like she actually had a friend. And it was different than with the other healers, perhaps because he had been so kind before she had really settled into the pride.

"Great!" she said brightly, hesitating thoughtfully when challenged to think of a place to go first, "Where would I never, ever think to go on my own? Show me something interesting."

It would be more fun if it was kind of a game rather than just a tour, though it was tempting to make it more personal and ask to see what places he liked best- especially if she was expected to run into him more (to prove she was getting out, of course!) .. but seeing what he thought was interesting, what she would find interesting or useful.. that would still make for a fun afternoon.

Fin!  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out