Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Visiting Hours Are 9-5 [Maebe/Peyton] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:46 pm
So after having seen Taym covered in blood and being told that none of it was his own, Peyton had been understandably curious. When she'd found out the blood belonged to Maebe, she hadn't known exactly how to feel. Jealousy would have made sense, or irritation, but there was none of that, at least not for the moment. She'd been told that Maebe would be okay, but that was pretty vague, so Peyton had made her way down the infirmary to see for herself.

Which was admittedly odd, considering Peyton wasn't all that close to the other trainee. She wasn't even sure what had really inspired her sudden interest.

When she arrived she lingered by the door, one small hand resting on the knob. Now that she was here she didn't know what to do. A greeting of some sort was probably in order, but she wasn't even entirely sure the other girl was awake, and if she wasn't, Peyton didn't want to wake her.

nio love

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:39 pm
"Don't lurk in the doorway." Maebe grumbled out sleepily, to the shadow she was watching move in the crack under the door. "It's rude."

The infirmary had begun to bore her. Once she'd moved her arms, it was only a matter of time before they started physical therapy to get her moving again. They told her this, because they had no patience to keep her there very long. Apparently they were 'all booked up'. She was itching to get started, and get back on her feet. She hadn't visited Shiloh's pod since she'd almost died herself, and it was the only destination she had left anymore.

That, and Mark.

Briefly, she couldn't actually decide whose shadow it was that lurked in the doorway. She had a few guesses, which surprised her - the answer should have been no one. A tired nurse taking their break, maybe. But they were clearly hesitating at her door, and that meant they were there to see her.

Or not see her. She knew who it was, if the shadow disappeared after she'd spoken. He wouldn't have come unless she was asleep.

Douchebag.

So that left Ian or Jude. She waited quietly to see which of the two had come to ease just a tiny bit of her boredom tonight.

beejoux

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:59 pm
Peyton flinched at the voice, but it did make her decision easier. After couple more seconds she turned the knob and opened the door, peering into the room, at the girl laying on the bed, and wondered if Maebe even wanted to be visited. Maybe she wouldn't want company. "Hey, I heard you got hurt." Understatement. While she hadn't heard exactly what had happened, there had been a lot of blood on Taym, and his explanation of it had been far too vague. If it hadn't been serious he would have provided more information.

Fingertips drummed against the door, a moment of awkward fidgeting, then she was walking into the room to take a seat on the edge of the chair. "Are you okay?" It was more of a 'are you going to be' rather then a question of current health. Obviously she was still hurt if she was in the infirmary.

nio love

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:39 pm
What the what.

Maebe had already been looking too high up, so when Peyton walked in, she had to lower her gaze to see her, and her eyes widened in surprise. That was the most unexpected thing she'd seen all day, and she'd been sporatically surprised for a while now. But Peyton? She wondered if this was just another case like Quinn, where heart of gold meant even an acquaintance couldn't be passed without checking up on them, should they be injured. Peyton might have been the type, but Maebe literally didn't even know her well enough to be sure. All that she knew was that Pey was close with -

Oh.

The surprise faded into a sullen, dark melancholy, and Maebe sunk into her bed. "I'm fine," She murmured out quietly, turning in the bed carefully until her head was faking the opposite direction of Peyton.

After a few seconds of cold silence, her voice hissed out unhappily. "Did he send you." This was just another way Taym didn't have to face her, wasn't it? All that gratefulness she had for him saving her life was being eaten away by the absolute disgust she felt for him. So instead of facing her and answering her questions, he sends someone else to check on her?

"I'll do the goddamn mission report as soon as I can sit up on my own. Christ."

Beejoux

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:13 pm
Peyton didn't quite understand the chilly reception. She'd come all the way down here to check on the other girl, and now she was being given the cold shoulder. It didn't make any sense. As far as she knew Maebe didn't have anything against her, so why?

She blinked at Maebe, slow and puzzled, then said a very soft 'oh' as Maebe asked her question. "No, Taym didn't send me. Why would he?" Taym didn't send her on errands, and he certainly wouldn't send her to see Maebe.

Mention of a mission report had lilac eyes sliding towards the bedside table and the paper and pen that were resting there, and Peyton felt a sudden surge of curiosity that made her want to grab the paper and read it, but she stifled it down. Tucking her hands between her knees instead as she leaned forward.

nio love

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:44 pm
"Because he's too chicken s**t to come face me again." The words were no less scathing, but they were no longer directed at Peyton. She wasn't to blame, if he hadn't sent her. Maebe had to return to her initial assumption of just good hearted pity. Good people were so predictable sometimes.

She turned back around to face Peyton. It was the first time she'd really gotten a good look at her. Fresh faced, innocent, vaguely concerned. Save for the tanned skin, maebe remembered that face. That light in her eyes that had once shown in her own. Once.

A long time ago.

"Sorry. " She muttered quietly. "I'm doing better. Mostly off the painkillers. I can feel my legs again. "  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 pm
The light in Peyton's eyes was a little more jaded these days. There was a tightness that suggested she'd been under a good amount of stress lately, but for now she was smiling, relatively relaxed. The poor girl hadn't been wide eyed and innocent since she was ten, life had broken her a long time ago, but she was still hopeful, still naive in a lot of social matters.

"That seems like him, if he got you hurt." She tapped her fingertips together, absent fidgeting. There seemed to be a lot of hostility where Taym was concerned, and of course Pey was curious, but she didn't ask. It wasn't her business.

She didn't come here to talk about Taym though. "That's good, I hope you can get out of that bed soon." She rolled her lips in, looking thoughtful before grabbing the edge of the chair and moving closer. "It's distressing when you get hurt and you can't move part of your body." The voice of experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:00 pm
Peyton had paid her respects, and Maebe fully expected her to go. But she sat down instead, starting conversation with someone who she couldn't possibly really care about.

And to Maebe's horror this was starting to become a norm.

She brutally ignored everything Peyton said in favor of leaning on to get a better look at her. The tightness in her expression was not overlooked, this time.

Don't do it, Maebe, she told herself. Don't get invested.

"Are /you/ okay?"  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:06 pm
Pale eyes blinked in response to the reversal of concern. "I'm fine. I mean. It's been a long month, all things considered, and we're still stuck on this island with no way to get off it except for missions, and those aren't exactly relaxing." As far as she knew everyone was a little tired, a little worn out.

"So did they give you an estimate on when you'd get out of here?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 pm
Maebe pushed herself up to sit straighter, and pulled up on the gown enough to see the bandages underneath. She'd never even bothered looking at them until now. "A week. That's not how long it'll take to heal, just how long they said I'm allowed to stay." Her entire torso, from the curve under her breast to the swell of a tiny mound of stomach, was covered in bright white bandages, freshly changed. "If this had been a real hospital, I would be in here for months if I'd even survived."

She let her gown settle back down - not that she had any problems with exposure, which was obvious. "Then I'm on my own again. I'll give Deus one thing, they're not coddlers."

Maebe sucked in a breath, and her eyes widened as she remembered something. She peered inquisitively at her guest. "Is that old offer of yours still open?"

Beejoux

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:10 pm
Pale eyes went a little wide as Maebe pulled her gown up to bare her mid drift and the bandages wrapped around her torso. Apparently shyness wasn't something the other blonde worried much over. "If this had been a real hospital, your injuries probably would have killed you," Peyton offered thoughtfully, then smiled. "And a week isn't bad. At least they're keeping you here for a little while. When I got hurt and couldn't move my arm they just gave me a sling and sent me on my way." A soft chuckle, and a roll of the injured shoulder before she brought a hand up to point at the fresh scar that swept over her collar bone and over her shoulder.

"You're right, they aren't coddlers, not even a little bit. But we have our weapons, and they help us heal." Another shrug, then pale eyes narrowed slightly when the other girl brought up the once-upon-a-time offer she'd presented to Maebe when she'd been annoyed at Taym. "That depends." She sounded suspicious.

nio love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:39 pm
Maebe took a little more time than usual appreciating Peyton's scar. She'd been through something rough, and come out stronger. That was the point of all of this, she supposed. So she leaned in, and whispered very seriously.

"Depends on what?"

Beejoux

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:16 pm
The smaller girl sat back in her chair, steepling her fingers over her stomach as she eyed Maebe. "On your intent, obviously."

Despite the events of a couple days prior, Peyton wasn't entirely certain she wanted to give Maebe enough information to make the Death hunter's life miserable. Even if he deserved it.

nio love

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:36 am
Damn it.

Maebe's face turned sour with unhappiness. She should have known Peyton wasn't going to give her anything useful, in the long run. But she had to try. "My intent is to stop being led around in the dark. I got stabbed because somebody decided to take me on a mission and teach me a lesson about being a Hunter. I think that lesson has succeeded, but I want to know why. And I want to know more."

This wasn't even about Taym, anymore. There was so much more beyond the pinprick he resided in that she thirsted for. So much that Peyton couldn't possibly know.. but there was always that slight chance she would shine a light on the path that could take her there.

And if not, Maebe was sure knowing some dirt on Taym could come in handy, some time.

"Why? What do you want my intent to be?"

Beejoux

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:14 pm
Sourness was met with a nonplussed stare. A stare that melted into a look of mild concern as she started explaining her intent, and finally plateaued into confused worry. "He did what?" There had to be some context missing there that was crucial. Had to be.

She knew Taym could be a d**k, probably better then most people, but she also knew him to worry over her well being and actively work to, if not keep her safe, take care of her if she got hurt.

For a moment she was quiet, considering Maebe's finally question. "Nothing malicious," she finally admitted.

Taym was a d**k, but he was also her friend. Quite possibly her best friend.

nio love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces