Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] I Brought The Cookies (Robert & Molly) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:04 pm
Well…with this rather odd and serious turn in events, like Aria turning traitor, Lance missing, and her division in peril, Molly coped the best way Molly knew how. She acted like nothing was out of the 'ordinary', and kept on with what she was tasked with. It helped her keep her semi-sane state of mind…Like…

She sure hoped Robert liked these cookies she brought him! Two different boxes of girl scout cookies from her stash of snack foods for those who often forget to eat breakfast. Cookies counted, in Molly’s opinion. Something was better than nothing, right!? But this wasn’t for breakfast, anyways, this was to show Robert her thanks for him letting her shadow him for a day! Yay! She hadn’t shadowed anyone from Life yet…so this would be good!

Thus, Molly stood at the appointed spot at the appointed time, resting her clipboard perpendicular to her body so that the boxes of cookies could rest on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:18 pm
A droopy eyed, perpetually yawning Robert slumped through the doors of the infirmary, rubbing his red eyes with one closed fist while he grabbed his clipboard and set it on the table. He signed in, and put himself on duty, without saying a word to the receptionist - or the peppy little thing waiting for him with cookies. He barely saw straight in front of him, even as he walked right past, and entered another room, to change into his scrubs.

He came out wearing the full nurse's outfit, complete with feet covers. And he was carrying a hot cup of coffee, which had already done the job of waking him up enough to notice things around him. This was around the time Molly's face registered, and his eyes widened as he choked on a sip of coffee while looking at her.

"Molly!" He cried out, barely managing not to spill the coffee on himself as he toddled over and gave her a great big bear hug. "I didn't realize you were here! How you doing, sweetie? You want a cup of coffee?"

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:20 pm
As Robert lumbered in and by, Molly was wide eyed, bushy tailed, and her lips were practically curled up into an “U” shape was she quietly waited for Robert to acknowledge her. Luckily, it didn’t take that long, but she wouldn’t have minded if it did. Once he called out her name, Molly held onto the clipboard which was balancing cookie boxes with one hand and waved at the Life Hunter with another.

It turned into a squeak as Robert managed to bear hug her with one arm (wow, much strength!), and Molly wrapped her one free arm around him in return to hug him back. “Maybe I could fit into Death Division!” Molly replied with a laugh, though she honestly doubted that. Not quite so sneaky. “Oh, I’m good! Thank you for asking! How are you, Robert?” At the offer though, Molly’s eyes practically sparkled. “Oh…yes please! As long as it isn’t any trouble!”

Nio Love

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:57 pm
Robert bubbled with laughter at her joke, and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, pulling her to his side. People weren't really allowed to walk in the staff room, but hell, most did it anyway, so no one stopped him when he carted her off into it. He let her go once they were inside, and started to pour her a cup of coffee.

"I'm uh.. tired! And busy, and.. you know what, I'm pretty good." If she'd asked him a month ago, or even two months, the answer wouldn't have been as upbeat. But things were better, and sometimes, they were even amazing. His cheeks tinged with red at the thought, and he grinned into the coffee, before handing it to the woman.

"You look like you've been keeping busy. What's all this shadowing stuff about, anyway? You workin' on a new specialization?"

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:30 pm
Then Molly was whisked away into the staff room! Yay! She didn’t think she wasn’t supposed to be there, to be honest. Robert just walked in like he owned the room with her attached, so it was all good. She fretted about Robert pouring the coffee for her, since she didn’t want it to seem like he needed to go so out of his way for her, but any protesting she was about to do was stopped by his reply. She nodded her head a bit, and beamed.

“That’s great!” Molly paused. “Well…Uh…being tired isn’t so good…but I’m really happy you’re doing good!” Another pause. “You are eating breakfast, right?” Her brows knitted into a worried expression of the thought of him not eating breakfast, and her worried expression soon turned to delight when he handed her a cup. Molly looked like she won the lottery. “Oh, thank you so much!” She took the cup, and then finally place her clip board down, and gestured to the cookie boxes. “These are for you!” She then went about preparing her cup, adding sugar and creamer.

“Oh, yes!” Molly nodded her head energetically, curls bouncing everywhere. “At the last quarterly meeting, in Mist, I made a proposal for safety specialization…and now I’m shadowing as many hunters from different divisions as I can to gage where everyone is at in terms of their knowledge of safety procedures and equipment…because…well…um…”

Molly’s voice lowered to a whisper, as if someone over hearing this might have their feelings hurt, and that’d be awful. “When the Insanity Titans first appeared…none of us were prepared to handle the equipment…and there were um…a lot who were trying their best I’m sure, but now ah…not using things successfully.” Molly frowned, and stirred her cup.

Nio Love

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:46 pm
Robert tried to look like he wasn't guilty about the breakfast thing. He held up the coffee sheepishly. "This is breakfast, right?" It was the breakfast most of his co-workers had, and nowadays it had become his, too. But oh boy, what he wouldn't have given for a nice hot meal to actually be available in the lounge when he came in from work. Simply put, nobody had time anymore. So, coffee became their substitute.

Speaking of guilt. Yikes. Not using the equipment correctly during the Insanity Titan strike? Now who could have been doing that.. oh yes. Him. And Lucky. And him again. Robert turned completely red with embarrassment this time, and his hand reached up behind his head, scratching his hair as he chuckled nervously.

"Ah huh.. I uh.. well, that's real good specialization. I'm glad to hear it." Did he need to apologize to her for what he'd done? He couldn't actually tell if she was just explaining the reasoning behind her new specialization, or if this was more of a personal slight. So he just grinned that goofy, nervous grin.

"You're gonna be amazing at it! And you can tell me to stop doing stupid s**t anytime, Molly." He reached over and touched her cheek. "I'd always listen to you."

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:24 am
Molly stared at Robert in what could be described as a look of horror. It stuck on her freckled face for a good long moment, before it finally relaxed into a very worried expression. Her brows knitted in though, and she stared down at her coffee cup before she got an idea, and her expression lit up again. “I know!” She exclaimed. “I’ll give you a box of breakfast bars!” She beamed. “It’s not a full hot breakfast, but I think it’s better than nothing!” Quite pleased with this solution, Molly blinked once more as Robert turned well…red.

She honestly had no idea why.

“Are you alright, Robert?” She asked. “O-oh…thank you! I really appreciate that!” It was nice really to hear how much support she seemed to be getting from other Hunters, like Lance, Candace, Dakota, Jordan, and now Robert…

Molly froze though, in surprise, as she felt a hand on her cheek, and now she was the one turning red. “O-oh…gosh…” Now, it was also weird to think that people actually said they’d listen to her, of all people. “I…I don’t think you do stupid things, Robert—“ Oh Molly, if only you didn’t have rose tinted shades on “…but…thank you for the support!”

Nio Love

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:39 pm
Robert's grin stretched across his face at the offer. "As long as you don't mind if I share. I'm not the only one in here who isn't eating right. The girls'll get jealous." He snickered, and flicked her a top to her coffee cup while grabbing one for his own. There was no real time to stop and enjoy the little things.

He looked even more embarrassed that she noticed his change in expression, but he nodded and brushed the whole thing off, returning his arm to her shoulder and leading her out of the lounge. "Well, let's get me to work and I'll prove you wrong, huh?" He brought the cup back up to his lips, and chugged it all back in one swoop, the giant adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed. He crumpled the cup and threw it in the garbage as they exited the lounge. "Sometimes I get the feeling they take bets around here over how many things I'll ******** up in a day. My bet for today is uh.. well with you here, maybe less. Only two! BAHAHA-"

He stubbed his toe on the printer at the distraction of his signature howl of laughter, which turned into a howl of pain. The printer stuttered at the sudden kick, and shut down.

".. Change my answer to three."

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:28 am
“Oh, yes, of course!” Molly exclaimed, genuinely getting excited over the idea that she could help nourish a room full of people with breakfast bars. It was the little things and the little victories. The trainee clumsily caught the lid that was flicked at her, chirping a ‘thank you’, and popped it onto her coffee, and allowed herself to be led out of the staff room, only after she picked up her clipboard and cookies as well.

“Aww, don’t say that!” She giggled softly…though really, it seemed Robert was indeed going to prove her wrong. Molly looked horrified when he stubbed his. “Oh my goodess! Are you alright!?” She fretted, but when it seemed like Robert could still crack a sense of humor, she smiled a bit. She then whapped the printer, kick starting it back on, and patted Robert’s shoulder.

“I did not see a thing.” She replied with a wide smile, and then decided to get started with her questioning. “Is this how you start all your days in the infirmary?” She asked curiously. Not the toe stubbing…you know, just getting coffee and getting changed and what not.

Nio Love

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:29 pm
It was fun watching Molly's face change so drastically in such short periods of time. It was so expressive. Molly wore her heart on her sleeve, which felt like the right place for it. At least, to him. He patted her shoulder and pointed her in the direction of a small set of empty gurneys, each set up with a privacy curtain that was pulled open. There was a private room as well, open and empty in the corner.

"Yeah. Pretty much! Then I get to do the rounds, check any patients in my sector, clean the bedpans and restock the shelves and cabinets, and then I'm just on call all day doing the grunt work for whatever doctor needs it."

He pointed out four beds, and the private room. "This is my sector, so whoever gets put in here has me doing the initial check ups, like clean up, blood pressure'n s**t like that, anything that I can do to keep the docs from having to come over. It's been wild around here the last few days, but today's quiet for now."

Lucyal
words what are they

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm
Molly turned her head in the direction Robert pointed her, and nodded her head, curls bouncing. She smiled as she listened to him explain what he did in the infirmary, and how he described his sector and his duties for it. Wow, that was so awesome! Molly thought it was a wonderful thing for people to find their place that made them happy. Her brows did knit a bit worriedly as Robert explained it’d been busy, because that wasn’t a good thing, but she seemed relieved that it wasn’t busy now…hopefully it’d stay that way.

That meant people were healthy!

“That’s wonderful!” Molly beamed up at him. “Could I ask you about the equipment you use, not only here, but as a Life Hunter as well? Anything and everything about it would be really helpful, and if there’s stuff you don’t know, please just let me know! That’s really important for me to find out, as well!” If people didn’t know what their equipment was, that was Molly’s new job in her specialization.

Nio Love
I have no idea : D When I post, I just take three cans of alphabet soup and throw them across the counter.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:35 pm
It was a good thing that the infirmary was quiet that morning, because Molly sure had a lot of questions. He bent back to lean on a gurney, and then popped back up as if he'd suddenly forgotten his manners. Hands were on her waist before she could comply and she was up in the air, settled very carefully on the gurney behind her. He did this with the swiftness of someone who seemed to assume this was the right thing to do, and not awkward at all. Then he hopped back, and his body settled into the gurney across from hers without much effort.

"Okay. Now the thing you gotta know about that is, what I do here isn't a typical Life Hunter position. I mean, yeah there's a lot of us here, but most of the Life technicians work at the Labs, which is where I used to work."

He paused, and considered whether the term working was really fair for what he had actually done.

"Well I tried. We worked primarily with runic implementation, testing, experimentation and design. That s**t's gotta come from somewhere, right? But uh, they tried to start me on the easy stuff, bandages, serums.."

He shrugged noncommittally and waved the thoughts away. "I wasn't cut out for it." That was putting it mildly - he'd been deemed a safety hazard. "So I found somewhere I could still be useful, and be a Life Hunter. This is my family, you know? Like the Phoenix." He picked up a scalpel from the tray, and toyed with it distractedly. "So I can help you more with what equipment we use here, but there's tons of s**t that the Life technicians at the Labs use, and I'm not as good with that s**t."

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:18 pm
Well, Robert, it was a bit awkward, but Molly also had a heart attack for one reason and one reason only: someone picked her up. Of course, for someone like Robert, picking up a big girl like Molly probably wasn’t that much of a deal, but to Molly, it was a big deal. A very big deal. The trainee looked like she was on the verge of a mental break, with comically wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

Luckily though, the Hunter was talking, and with words a story to focus on, it helped to smooth Molly out of that spazz attack she was about to have. She blinked a few times, took a deep breath, and then focused on what Robert was saying. She nodded her head, set the boxes of cookies carefully aside, and then settled in with her clipboard and started to jot down notes. She looked up at one point, and smiled at the man. “I think that’s wonderful to find and be somewhere where it’s like family!” She looked back down at her clipboard, and hummed thoughtfully for a moment before she nodded her head a bit.

“Alright! Please do tell me what you know about the equipment here!” Eventually she’d have to find another Life Hunter to shadow, hopefully one in the labs, but the infirmary aspect was just as important as well. Everything was important.

Nio Love

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:25 pm
Robert was dense enough to not have noticed Molly's reaction. He would have questioned her about it if he thought she was stressed, but as it stood, he hadn't even batted an eye when he'd picked her up and set her down. That was just Robert.

He started to eye the cookies longingly, but she pulled out a clipboard and he knew that meant it was time to answer questions in order to be rewarded with treats. He'd played this game lots of times before, and like a well trained dog, he sat attentively and tried his very best.

"Okay. Around here, the most important thing is cleanliness. Everything has to be sterile, or you risk infections, and the entire point of the infirmary is to get better, not worse. So our biggest, baddest tool - " He held up a nearby box of latex gloves, "Is protection. We always gotta have the gloves around, and keep our hair in these doo-dads, and our shoes covered too. And we wash our hands a million times a day, so soap is also a valuable commodity around here. Plus the hand sanitizer out in the hall, for anyone who's sick, you know? People have no idea how important that s**t is."

He hopped off of his bed, and carted a rolling tray over to her. "Then there's the blood pressure gauge. You could use the machine but there's only five so we were taught to use the hand-pump one early on. Want me to take your blood pressure?" He held it up proudly.

Lucyal

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lucyal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 am
Molly nodded her head to show that she was listening as she jotted down notes. The more and more Robert spoke, though, thoughts drifted through her head, of a time when she would visit a clinic environment just like this one a lot, and it didn’t bring good memories. She snapped herself out of it though, and focused on Robert’s enthusiasm for his job, because that was contagious and good if nothing else.

“Alright…” She trailed off for a moment. “Would you say everyone follows those procedures well? Um…making sure they’re clean and wearing the proper items…” She paused. “Do you guys have enough gloves and stuff? I mean…I think that might be something for me to do, too! Make sure you’re always stocked up on these essential items so that you don’t run out!” Molly got excited over this idea of helping, and once the blood pressure stuff came up, she blinked.

“O-oh! Sure! Uh…” She paused. “Do I need to take off my coat?”

Nio Love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas