User ImageIt was the morning after the 'grand reveal' and Fireheart was patrolling the border. She knew Muhali - she paused here to snort quietly at the thought - was doing the same, but even gods couldn't be everywhere at once. That and she didn't trust her as far as she could throw her. Riddle Mouth was out of commission for the time being and, although she was the Queen and her job was to deal with the pride members and such, she had been trained to fight and protect. She wasn't about to lay around as if there was nothing to do. They were vulnerable now, and they needed all the protection they could get.

The lioness padded silently through the foliage that thinned out at their border with the rouge lands, keeping to the shadows to remain hidden from view. So far she hadn't seen hide nor hair of any sort of creature, and she preferred it that way. The male that had trespassed the previous day was long gone by now and Fireheart hoped she'd never hear from him or those like him again. If only the dreamers would have left with him...then things could have gone back to normal.

Alas, such was not the case. She froze as she heard something and turned back to stare out into the sun, where the noise had come from. The sunrise was blinding, but through the brightness she could make out a brightly colored lioness heading her way.

User ImageFuraha gazed at the lush forest ahead of her with a fond smile. Ah...this looked like a nice place to stop and rest. With this many trees around she was sure there had to be water, and where there was water there was food...perfect! Not at all concerned that it might belong to someone already, she continued in the direction of the shade. She had been traveling for quite some time now, having left her old pride that was too stiff and uptight for her personality, and had found the rouge life certainly fit her well. The only problem was she could never find friends that stuck around. Furaha was a pretty social lioness and being alone was horribly boring. Her goal was to find a new pride to call home and to make lots of friends that wouldn't make fun of her for being a little on the ditsy side.

As she moved into the brush, however, something caught her attention. A flash of color off to the side. She turned and looked to see what it was, tilting her head just a bit.

As the bright lioness moved closer, Fireheart growled to herself. She looked exactly like the dreamers that had arrived a while before. She didn't seem to be insane, though...and she knew judging by color alone was a silly thing, especially when her own mate was bright of pelt. So rather than chasing her off, she stood to make herself known. "Be careful where you tread, stranger. This is land is spoken for."

When the lioness rose, Furaha quickly sat down to appear nonthreatening. She certainly didn't want a fight, and this lioness looked pretty lean and mean, and she wasn't smiling. Never a good sign. Trying to be polite but friendly, she smiled in her direction and gave a bob of her head. "My apologizes! I wasn't aware. I've just been traveling for quite a long time and thought there might be some water to have, and some food to eat here. The trees are so lush and healthy," she added, pausing to turn her head to sniff at the plants before her. Letting out a sigh of delight, she turned back to the female, still smiling. "But if it's a secret as to where it is and you don't want to share that's all right. I'll keep going."

Fireheart watched the female, sniffing the wind that blew her scent in her direction. She hadn't been around another lion in quite some time if the smell was anything to go by, nor food or water. She allowed her stern demeanor to relax slightly, determining she wasn't a threat. "What we have we have to share," she said quietly as she took a few steps forward, both to assert her dominance in the situation and so she didn't have to speak too loudly. "This pride is not one that we wish to open to just everyone, though. I need to know you are not going to blab to the world our location should you move on after staying with us."

Furaha's ears pricked up as the lioness moved forward, her words less intimidating and more welcoming now. She nodded quickly, lifting a paw to press it against her chest. "I swear I'll keep it mum," she said with a nod. "I am looking for a new home, though...perhaps...perhaps if I like it here, I'll simply stay!" This female wasn't the most inviting of lions, but the place was lovely. Surely there would be other lions and lionesses to meet inside that might be a bit...friendlier.

Fireheart surveyed the female for a few moments before nodding. "If you head straight in to the forest here, you will find water. Other lions will appear, I am certain. Feel free to talk to them as you please. If you do decide to stay, you will need a new name," she added as she turned to leave. "But don't let that worry you for now. If you need anything, ask someone to send for Fireheart. That is me, and I will assist you in what you desire."

Furaha nodded in excitement and stood as Fireheart turned to go. "I'm called Furaha, but a new name would be lots of fun!" She watched the female head off again before turning to face the woods, grinning in delight. A possible new pride...how exciting! She hoped she'd meet some nice new friends that could convince her to stay...picking a new name would be like starting over, which she certainly wouldn't mind. Trotting forward, she kept her head held high as she looked out for new friends, a smile on her face the whole way in.