Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The stray cobwebs that had migrated away from from the grove through the night looked different in the morning sun. They looked frail and delicate, beautiful in their translucence. Dive was laying on his side, crooked legs stretched out since the badly healed breaks kept him from tucking them under his body. He listened to Seclusion breath, his eyes barely cracked open to let in the morning light.

He smiled then; an unexpected wandering into a grove had turned into an unexpected meeting of a beautiful doe with an even more beautiful voice.

He almost felt like singing, but he decided to preserve the quiet, peacefulness that came with morning.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seclusion soon stirred.

She let out a sigh and slowly opened her eyes, her eyelids still heavy with sleep.

"Oh," she said softly, head partly turned towards the buck, "you're still here."

It wasn't spoken with annoyance or surprise or really anything at all. It merely stated the fact that the buck had remained, rather than leaving in the night and it was said with not a hint of emotion.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:49 pm
Dive was lay facing away from Seclusion, his legs making it impossible for him to face the other ways without a good deal of distance between the two of them. So when she spoke, he twisted his neck so that his chin rest upon the ground and he could gaze at her with a single golden eye. He responded with a simple, "Yes."

He smiled, just a half-asleep expression of contentment. He didn't mind the lack of conversation, though he did love to sing. It was enough that she did not mind his company.

Ruriska
If you give him a little bit, he'll ask her if she ever sings. xD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:41 pm
She didn't say anything in reply, simply closed her eyes again and gave a small sigh that might have been of contentment, if it was at all possible for her to be content.

Amorpheous
tiniest worst post ever but this all she wanted to do /.cry
and I'm already anticipating her response to that question. I feel like she's learnt a lot from Prize. xD

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:12 am
For a long time it was quiet except the rustling of the leaves, the croak of sleepy frogs, and the early singing of birds. Dive was content to let Seclusion have her silence. Finally though, a bird had different plans.

A single brave bird who didn't fear the possibility to becoming a meal, or perhaps could understand the state of his legs, landed on the ground near them and began to sing. Dive couldn't help be whistle a short tune back and was gratified by a response. A few back and forth whistles between songbird and Acha were traded before the bird left to return to its kin.

Bird gone, Dive returned his full attention to Seclusion to ask, "Do you sing?"

Ruriska
ahaha, well, Dive can't be disappointed if he doesn't get the answer he wants... because he asked the question.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:04 am
"No," she replied instantly.

The doe had been watching him the whole time, her expression as perfectly empty as it had ever been. If she thought anything of his little duet with the bird it didn't show on her face.

Amorpheous
I think she has some personality issues.
Also, she does sing. She just doesn't want to admit it.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:50 am
If it bothered him that she didn't show any emotion, it didn't show in his demeanor. He crinkled his eyes in response to Seclusion's answer, smile on his face.

"I think you would sing beautifully. Your voice is too lovely for it not to be so."

Ruriska
I think Dive is just going to fall for all the singers in the Swamp. xD And all those he thinks should sing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:58 am
"Perhaps..."

She was tempted, just for a second, to sing for him, but she held the urge at bay.

"Talk to me," she demanded softly. "About anything. Your life, the things you have seen... I want to know."

Amorpheous
She'll sing for him one day. ;D Or maybe for their kids.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:13 am
He was hopeful that she would sing for him, but he was not the type to push for what he wanted, so he submitted easily to her demand.

First, though, he rolled onto his back so that he could speak easier without the ground muffling his voice while still being able to gaze at her with one eye. He did not speak with any wistfulness, only warmth, "I grew up in the desert under the sun and surrounded by sand. There are dunes as far as the eye can see, stretching on and on like the ocean stretches until it disappears into the sky."

He smiles a little wider than, just a brief moment as he thinks of Shanty and their children toiling on the beach, his affection for them not at all diminished by the affections he held for others. "The tribe I grew up in liked to dance in particular. We performed for no reason at all, with no audience but ourselves and the sun. To sing and dance was to be alive even as we traveled from one oasis to another in search of water and food.

Ruriska
Dive: Yay! :D
Ah, he'll really like that.
(He won't mind if she asks about his legs~ Or even if she doesn't ask, he's probably going to tell her.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:29 pm
Seclusion tried to imagine the desert. She tried to picture the sand dunes slipping beneath her hooves like waves and the sun blazing overhead. Then she realized that she didn't even know what the ocean looked like and she sighed.

To dance, not for an audience, but only yourself. That was novel idea. Sometimes she sang, when there was nobody to there but her, but then all she felt was loneliness.

"Go on," she prompted.

Amorpheous
Actually, I really don't think she cares. xD The leg thing is such a non-issue, it hasn't even occurred to her to ask.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:55 pm
"Here in the Swamp, songs stay, hovering in the air as if they're being caught by the water that has risen from the ground. In the Desert, songs and voices can be flung so quickly and so far, dry and clear, and then they're gone, left to whoever may bump into your song as they travel." He turned his head to smile at her.

He waved his legs in the air then, feeling the air across the skin of his legs, almost as if he were dancing and said, "I broke my legs while dancing. Just one too many of us dancing on the top of a dune and a few of us tumbled down."

He has always been grateful because if he had to break his legs, he was glad he broke them dancing. "And now I sing."

He stopped then, unsure of what else to share with her, what she would want to hear.

Ruriska
Awww~ Seclusion! ♥♥♥
Dive doesn't really think about it too much either, working around it is second nature. So he's just like, "Whee! My legs are in the air! How comfy~" xD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:30 pm
"I see."

She had to admire his lack of bitterness. The broken leg kept him from dancing and so instead he picked a different path, taking equal joy from it. She wondered if maybe she should take more pleasure in the skills she had available to her.

Seclusion waited and the silence lengthened. Her expression suggested that she wanted even more from him. Surely that wasn't all he had seen and done?

Amorpheous
He's so sweet. ;o;

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:46 pm
"I traveled from the Desert to the Swamp on these legs." He began again. "It really seemed to stretch on for an eternity then."

"I don't really know what drew me to the Swamp, especially when it would have been easier to travel with my tribe from oasis to oasis instead of trying to come here when walking is not the easiest thing," he paused then, a smile, "But I'm glad I came. I'm glad to know what warm, wet air feels like going into my lungs and what it's like to feel mud beneath my hooves."

"The Swamp is nothing like the desert. In the desert, the days are hotter than anything the Swamp has ever seen. There are very few trees to keep the sun from your back. The sand is dry, made up of little grains almost too small the see and it falls and blows, and flies through the air." He blinked his eyes then, a few times. "I think that might be why Acha have extra protection around their eyes."

"Nights in the desert are, unlike the day, cold, colder than many of the cold night's that the Swamp experiences. It is so different from the Swamp. I found out I could swim when I came to the Swamp; it's something I never thought I would have the chance to do since water is so scarce in the desert."

Legs going in the air again, just a little waving, Dive smiled warmly, eyes crinkling, "Have you ever swam before?"

Ruriska

So much... talking. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:58 pm
"I see," she said, and wished she truly did.

The desert sounded magical to her. The heat, the sand, and the cold nights; somehow it all came together in her mind as the perfect place to be. Would she have been happier if she had been born there instead of the Swamp?

"No," she answered with a shake of her head, "I have never swam." There had been opportunity for it, but most of the murky swamp ponds were easily navigated around. The muddy water was hardly inviting.

Amorpheous
She loves it. If he mentioned the ocean, she might even ask him to take her there. Also, sorry this reply took so long. xD;

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:24 pm
"You would have like the desert, and the desert you," he said softly. "Though we likely would have never met."

"Your lithe form would have sailed over dunes. Your colors are that of the desert in its most perfect moment, all blue sky, blowing sand, sun, and the promise of water with the sight of plants in the distance."

He laughed soft and low then, "For my part, I feel as if I look more the part of a creature of water, which is apt for I love to swim."

He thinks to his naming dream then, a fish breaking through the water to rise triumphant with fish in his beak.

"The ocean is so like the desert in its own way, so I guess I works both ways," Dive sighed fondly. "There is sand stretching across the beat, hot enough for the desert when the sun is high. The ocean, with its shifting waves and flying spray, is like a clear blue stretch of desert sand going on for an eternity before disappearing into the sky."

Ruriska
I am so slow. QAQ But I love Seclusion so much.

Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff