Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ PLOT - I - Tarium ]... // Make plot threads here.
WHO WANTS DRAGONS?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:46 pm
As stated in the main thread, Zhijian has spawned...or, well, produced eggs with one of his followers, who happens to be a Pernese dragon. And they lay a fair number of eggs, which means there could potentially be quite a few Zhijilings running around soon! And who doesn't want one of those chewing on everything in the house?

To start, this is the summary of Zhiji's Pern folks~

Meepfur
A small group from Pern who became stranded during Gehenna, later found and aided by Zhijian. They've now established New Weyr, about a two-day flight away the Pantheon. It doesn't look much like a traditional Weyr, as there's no need for shelter from Thread here, so why go through all the trouble? They've claimed a mountain as their home, and have spent the last few years making it their own, building homes for human and dragon alike, and all other necessary structures.

They've had much to adapt to, as they come from a world without magic and relatively little technology, as well as no concept of gods or higher powers. Some have been slower to accept the changes than others, but have had little choice in the matter. They're currently looking for an alternative to Pern's firestone, though it's far from an immediate necessity. Other changes include that their Hatching Sands are heated by magic, and they're even accepting non-human (but still humanoid in form) Candidates, but thus far only humans have Impressed. Suspicions are that dragons can only Impress to humans, but only time will tell. Regardless, they need all the helping hands they can get, and aren't turning any away, whatever they look like.

Shortly after the Weyr was established, Chenoeth flew and was caught by Pipith, and laid a clutch of eleven eggs. With few candidates to choose from, only three hatchlings found their riders. The other eight, unable to kill themselves by going between, were put out of their misery by Zhijian. The surviving brown and greens, born into a very different world and bonded to very different people, are viewed with a mixture of hope and suspicion by the Pernese natives. Two years later, another clutch was laid, again sired by Pipith - fortunately, by the time they hatched, the sky had been restored, and those dragonets unable to find riders went between instead of having to be killed. Though the scene was less grisly, the results were similar: of fourteen, only five survived. A gold, a blue, and three greens were added to the ranks of the Weyr.

Following the restoration of the sky and the hatching of the second clutch, Weyrwoman Talka insisted on attempting to return to Pern, and refused to listen to caution. She and her gold, Chenoeth, went between and never returned. It was likely the result of a miscalculated jump; as the planet has no doubt changed immensely - if it even exists at all - the landmarks they used would have been incorrect. In the wake of their disappearance, further attempts to return to Pern have been forbidden.

Chenoeth is succeeded by her young golden daughter, Anshidheth of Ione. One of the few dragons to survive from the two clutches Chenoeth laid at New Weyr - and therefore ridden by a young woman not from Pern - she makes some of the original group nervous. Tradition may be dying a faster death than they would like...

Recently, they've been joined by a few other Pern refugees (Syrie's), from a more 'forward' point in Pern time than the first group; the first group was 9th Pass, while the new set was (11th-12th?)th Pass. The current state of Pern is ICly unknown, but thus: humans - and dragons with them - were ultimately wiped out entirely. The planet itself still exists and the flora and fauna - including flits and whers - is recovering. A return may be attempted eventually, but is not in the works yet.

Back to the situation of Zhijian and New Weyr, every time a Queen was getting ready to rise (first Chenoeth, more recently Anshidheth), the males and their riders would petition him for his blessing so that they could win. This started to get old, so finally he decided 'enough of that' and flew Anshidheth himself. Which leads us to Zhiji is going to have babies. (Be afraid.)

Obviously, these are not going to be your run-of-the-mill hatchlings. Some may possess some of Zhijian's unusual physical traits (such as having fur, manes, or antlers, or being huge), and will be more intelligent, with better memories. They will still need to bond to a rider to survive, but will not be as 'picky' as traditional pernese dragons: anything humanoid (i.e. bipedal and capable of riding a dragon) will do, no concern at all for things like gender. Mortals, heroic mortals, possibly even ageless and aoidei (although these dragons themselves will not be ageless, just very long-lived!), pretty much whatever you want. They do not need to become followers of Zhijian before or after Impression.

The dragons' colors will still be traditional (gold, bronze, brown, blue, green), and everything but gold is available. Not more than one or two bronzes, though.

SO, BASICALLY. Your dragon, its name (as long as it ends in -th), personality, rider, and so on is all up to you. Just tell me that you want one, what color, who for, etc., and it shall be so! And once they have hatched ICly, you will have your very own Zhijiling. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:54 pm
Xun is like BABIES

A LOT OF BABIES ?

OUO /SPOILS

(Disclaimer, Zedre knows JACK s**t ABOUT PERN. So yes. I'll take whatever is least lore-destroying for a noob to handle. Iyunno who to bond to, I'll figure that out sometime too ha)  

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:21 pm
All the spoiling~

HA. This is so totally lore-destroying already, there is nothing to worry about there. XD

Here is the wikipedia article about them, because I'm currently lazy/on my way to bed. Main differences will be that these guys won't give a s**t about gender, sexuality, or species of potential riders, and will be incapable of breathing fire until such time as they decide to reclaim their planet and have access to firestone. And they might be adorably fuzzy, antlered giants.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 pm
HI HAVE ONE OF MY OLD PERN RP CHARACTERS

I'll have to do some rewriting of his history and stuff hmmmm.

His name's Kashet, or K'shet, dragon is Brown Ginoth. IDK WHAT I'M GOING TO DO WITH HIM BUT. eeehehehehehe. pern <3  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
[ PLOT - I - Tarium ]... // Make plot threads here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games