Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Against Oblivion. (3.5 D&D, Game is dead ) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:51 am
I'm just using this format because it was easier then making my own. If you are interested please post your character sheets here and a request to join my game and I will consider it. Looking to add a couple more players.
You will find all the information needed below.
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ] A high fantasy military campaign with a dark, mildly horror feel. The ancient being known only as Oblivion has returned to destroy the mortal realm and remake it as he see's fit. He has gathered a dark and terrible army to help him. Who will stand against him.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
The Land of Arkuria. is a vast continent ruled primarily by the Holy Tyrlian Empire as ordained by the gods. There are 5 kingdoms under the Empire they include Tyrlia, capital of the empire, Argosa, Tellmaire, Nadiah, and The Dale Lands. The empire itself is ruled by the Empress Odium Vyn though each nation under the empire still has a ruler of their own that simply answers to the empress. There a few nations not ruled by the empire are Jenetiva, Uroken the Beast Lands, and Retenah. For further details just ask.
User Image
I know it's a bit beat up and old looking but that's because it's about seven years old. It's not even a good picture but this is what I got. Just ask if you have questions about it.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
The PC's must go on a quest to find the one person who can actually kill Oblivion. No one knows who he or she is. The only thing they do know is that this person is the only hope for all mortals and even the gods. Once they find this person they must then turn their attention to stopping Oblivion and his army.

[ Character Creation ]
Gestalt characters please. This will be a high power campaign and will require characters of great skill.

Available Sources: Any 3.5 Dungeon and Dragon books.
Banned Resources: None.

ECL: No level Adjustment but the characters will be starting at Level 4 so please feel free to make a character with 4 racial HD if you wish.
Gold: 5,000 starting gold. Your characters have had some successful adventures in the past. I also choose to give each character a unique item that fits into their characters background as they are determined.
Races: Any as long as they don't have more then 4 racial HD. I have a homebrew race called Sidra. If anyone is interested in playing one their information will be at the bottom in the House/Optional rules section.
Ability Scores*: Please do not use a random character generator to get your ability scores I prefer you either roll them yourselves using the traditional method or speak with me about using a different method.
Hit Points: Max Hp for starting HD then rolled for each level beyond.
Alignments: No alignment restrictions. Though I do ask if anyone does plan on playing evil characters you understand that you play your character under the evil as a method basis not evil as a motive ideology.
Pantheon: The Arkurian Pantheon is as such.
Arakara the God of Life and King of the Gods, He is also called the King of Blood.
Dara Vyn the goddes of War and Queen of the Gods, She is also called the First Empress.
Luna Goddess of the Moon, the Seas, and Elves. She is often called Lady Luna.
Terra the Goddess of Nature, beauty, and Peace. Also called Earth Mother.
Solaris the Goddess of the Sun, the Sky, and Fire. She is called the Purifier. She is the only God worshiped by all the peoples of Arkuria.
Kain the God of Magic, knowledge, and Secrets. He is called the Lord of Eternity. though not the King of the Gods he is the strongest of them.
Geto'min'hi the god of Travelers. Called the Dark Wanderer.
Garl Glitter Gold, Moradin, Grumsh, and Kord are all still present in the Arkurian pantheon. There are other gods but they are not important enough to mention here. Just ask me if you have any questions about the Gods of Arkuria.
Backgrounds: Character backgrounds will be determined after your character is made and I have a chance to discuss them with each player so I we can decide together where your character fits best into the campaign setting.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
Here is the custom race I mentioned earlier.
Sidra: Strong and determined the Sidra are strong warriors and serve the will of Gods. They are the chosen defenders of Arkuria and it is they that rule the Holy Tyrlian Empire. They never become wizards but they do have a great number of Sorcerers amongst their paople and see their magical talents as a gift from the gods and pursue arcane study with a great dedication. Sidra tend to be single minded and when set upon a path in life they dedicate themselves to it completely rarely diverting to pursue other interests.
Physical Description: Same Height and weight as humans. Sidra have almost any color hair and they all tend to wear it long to extremes. Some Sidra have hair that is so long it even drags on the ground. Their eyes are solid orbs of color that range from bright azure blue to Violet and dark purple. Green, Amber, Orange, and Hazel eyes are rare but not unheard of. Their skin ranges from pale white to light bronze.
Ability Modifiers: +2 Str. -2 Wis.
Skills: +2 on Concentration and Sense Motive. Sidra are very single minded and it is hard for them to loose focus. They also have a natural ability to tell someones intent whether good or bad.
Low-Light Vision.
Weapon familiarity: All Sidra are proficient with the scimitar, short spear, spear, and long spear.
Favored Class: Fighter or Sorcerer. The player may choose one.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:32 pm
I'm curious to give a Battle Sorcerer a try...though I'll likely roll a melee-focused Spontaneous Caster Cleric instead.

Would a 20-point buy be sufficient over rolling stats?

Additionally, how does the society of your world feel about a cleric that follows the ideals of justice and mercy rather than one deity in particular?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:39 pm
Dion Necurat
I'm curious to give a Battle Sorcerer a try...though I'll likely roll a melee-focused Spontaneous Caster Cleric instead.

Yes it would but I also said Gestalt characters so take that into consideration when deciding on classes and doing your ability scores. Oh by the way I am not trying to influence your character making but I find the favored soul much better then a Spontaneous Caster Cleric if you are going with a melee focus.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:42 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Yes it would but I also said Gestalt characters so take that into consideration when deciding on classes and doing your ability scores. Oh by the way I am not trying to influence your character making but I find the favored soul much better then a Spontaneous Caster Cleric if you are going with a melee focus.

Eh, I like the idea of Clerics. Plus it fits a bit better for what I have in mind. Not wanting to brush it off, but I've never really played favored souls before and would rather stick to something familiar.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:43 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Eh, I like the idea of Clerics. Plus it fits a bit better for what I have in mind. Not wanting to brush it off, but I've never really played favored souls before and would rather stick to something familiar.

Okay that's fine but I thought I would mention it since they get weapon focus and weapon specialization as bonus feats  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Okay that's fine but I thought I would mention it since they get weapon focus and weapon specialization as bonus feats

I know, but I have plans, not to mention that I gain weapon focus as a bonus feat for the war domain.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:52 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

I know, but I have plans, not to mention that I gain weapon focus as a bonus feat for the war domain.

True. So any ideas on your second class and race  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:59 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Well I'll probably just stick with Human for the race, but second class?

EDIT: Ah, disregard. Well, if I play the Cleric, I'll probably pick Paladin as my second class, then just have my prestige take the Cleric slot as my caster level would still increase based on the Paladin. If I play the Sorcerer, since I would opt for the Battle Sorcerer archetype, I'd probably select a class that can take advantage of the face that I can theoretically run around with a b*****d Sword.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:05 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Gestalt characters have two classes that progress at the same time. You get the best benefits of each class for HP, BAB, skills, and saving throws. You get all the class features of each class.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:11 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

EDIT: Ah, disregard. Well, if I play the Cleric, I'll probably pick Paladin as my second class, then just have my prestige take the Cleric slot as my caster level would still increase based on the Paladin. If I play the Sorcerer, since I would opt for the Battle Sorcerer archetype, I'd probably select a class that can take advantage of the face that I can theoretically run around with a b*****d Sword.

Okay, keeping it simple is always good.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:13 pm
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Unless there's another divine class that could help me in regard to turn chances? I don't think there is, so Paladin might be my best guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:14 pm
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat
saint odium
Dion Necurat

Unless there's another divine class that could help me in regard to turn chances? I don't think there is, so Paladin might be my best guess.

I can't think of one  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:05 am
I might be interested if I knew what gestalt meant.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:19 am
Mongooseh
I might be interested if I knew what gestalt meant.

A gestalt is a character that has two classes that progress at the same time. You get the best of each class for HP, saving throws, skill points, and BAB. You get all the class features of both and class skills from each one but you get all the restrictions of both as well. A fighter/wizard still can't cast spells in armor and so on.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items