Snarky Rogue

Snarky Rogue

16,465 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:50 pm
User Image

Nearby Crystal Lake a Renp sat alone. A small but healthy fire fueled by dead logs that he gathered from the edges of the Dark Woods kept the Fall chill away. Atop the fire sat a small makeshift kettle and a unique and inviting aroma spread through the air, and tickled the noses of those nearby.

The Renp breathed deeply and relaxed. He sat on his knees and gently, almost lovingly, stirred the contents of the kettle. The top of the kettle had been removed and sat to his left, while an array of leather pouches sat to his right. The pouches contained the various beans he had foraged for the day.

Every day he went out and foraged. Some of them he had even risked his life for by wandering a little too far into the Dark Woods in search of new kinds. Kona was a very experienced roaster. He found joy in roasting coffee beans to create new blends of coffee. He has become quite skilled at his profession, and by controlling the time and temperature depending on kettle placement, he created different aromas from just one kind of bean.

The current aroma was created by a new bean he had foraged earlier in the crisp morning hours. It was a pure subtle scent, almost seductive to those with sensitive noses. It was sweet in the air, and hinted at something caramel flavoured. It was at once delicate and acidic, making for a rather pleasant aroma. The brown furred Renp remained hard focused on his current project at hand, placing the top back and adjusting the kettle slightly to the left so that it gathered heat from the coals rather than the flames themselves. He took in another deep breath, it was almost finished.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He piled his hair atop his head, finding it far too warm for his liking. This particular Renp liked it cold, as cold as could possibly be. Why? Well, he wasn't sure, but he did. It was just in Bunny's nature to enjoy colder weather. He was just wandering around Crystal Lake, looking for anything to do, someone to talk to, someone to just... hang out with, possibly. He hated being by himself. As he moved through the trees, stepping on fallen leaves and twigs, his wings flittered behind him.

As he continued to walk, something odd caught his attention. It was a scent on the wind. A scent he'd never really smelled before. Bunny let his ears perk forward as he sniffed the air again and then wandered towards it, captivated by the sweet aroma. He swallowed a little as he walked, eyes closing, swishing this way and that between the trees at a faster pace than before.

After a moment or so, he opened his dark brown eyes to spot another Renp sitting there stirring something in a pot over a fire. He bit down on his lip lightly before licking his bottom lip and then stepped forward, clearing his throat. "Hello?" He called quietly, not wanting to startle the other. It was his first time seeing another one of his kind! Bunny's tail flicked this way and that in an excited, nervous way before he stepped closer still. "I'm Bunny. Sorry if I'm disturbing you, but I smelled something sweet and it... seems to be coming from you."

Pandie Andie

Bronze Coffee
Crew

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Snarky Rogue

Snarky Rogue

16,465 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Hesitant Participant 100
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:10 pm
The Renp had been so focused on his current roasting that he almost thought the voice calling out was something that his imagination had conjured. With a slight flick of the ears, Kona turned his head. Gem-like green eyes settled on the other male's face, and then those green eyes lit up. Another Renp! This was also a first-sighting for him as well.

As a being of a more relaxed nature, versus the standard high-energy hyper nature that seemed to accompany those labeled as "goodies", Kona was just as friendly as any. He hadn't startled though the stranger was clearly a pleasant surprise. Once one took a few trips a little too deep into the Dark Woods, you came out with a little more of a collected composure when things suddenly sprang up.

Kona laughed softly at the last statement the other Renp shared with him, and slowly reached out to remove the kettle from the fire. "Hello, Bunny. My name is Kona and it's very nice to meet you. That sweet smell doesn't belong to me. Though I suppose I did create it..." The dark brown Renp lifted a wooden cup from a pack-sack on his left and poured some of the contents into it. He then stood and offered the cup towards Bunny. The aroma from the cup was stronger than it had previously been in the air, as it was now contained to the steam that rose off of the chocolate brown liquid. "Would you like to give it a try?"

Saint Sergio

◕ Roleplay: Faetasia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff