Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Old and New [Hypnos x Goretti] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:23 am
Being a younger senshi meant that Goretti had to work extra hard to make sure he could get out and do his senshi business. He wasn't quite a professional at sneaking out at night, but he hadn't gotten caught yet.

And hopefully he never would.

He was always careful to leave either when he knew his father wasn't going to be home for a while—or when he knew his father just wasn't going to be waking up. A part of him felt bad for sneaking out like he did—but the other part just loved it. He loved getting out, knowing that he was doing good. Knowing that he was doing something most kids weren't doing.

It wasn't often that a kid could feel like they were making a difference.

Maybe in the grand scheme of things fighting a youma here or there wasn't really doing much, but he felt good about it. He just wanted to do more. Learn more.

Even if he hadn't been excited at the prospect of meeting up with a more powerful chibi, he would have been running towards the energy signature. He didn't feel anything bad in the area, so it was quite comfortably that he called out a curious, "Hello?" as he jogged through the park, trying to figure out who was out here with him.

Appeal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:15 pm

It was hard to take a month off when you had a destiny to fulfill. However, there was simply no way to fight in a war when you were unconscious in a hospital with pneumonia and then under strict bed rest orders. Sure, the bed rest orders might have been easy enough to ignore but having the energy to power up and run around the city was a whole other story. She had decided to regain her health since it was important to all of the hopes and dreams she had even if they had been mostly shattered.

Somewhere.

Somewhere out there was a dream for the senshi of sleep.

"Salutations," she replied gently as she came into view from out behind a tree.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 am
'Salutations' was a fancy word and immediately garnered Goretti's attention. He glanced towards the source of the voice and a grin quickly split across his face. "Oh, hey there."

She was an eternal senshi—not unlike Lenka, though she did look much different. A part of him had been hoping to run into his friend—but how could he be unhappy with making a new one? Well, hopefully, anyway.

He trotted towards the girl, smile on his face, and quickly extended a hand. "Hey! I haven't seen too many chibis, so it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm Goretti, of Glue. And you seem pretty strong! I take it you've been doing this for a while?"

Though he tried to stay tame, he couldn't help but be excited. The older senshi and him got along just fine, though there was something just plain pleasant about meeting someone his age. He felt like she could understand him a little better—plus it probably didn't look as weird if two kids were hanging out.

Appeal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:18 pm
A young boy and girl sneaking out in the middle of the night to meet up alone in the park? Yeah, that was totally better.

Icy blue eyes followed Goretti as he trotted toward her with his barely contained excitement. Uncertainty covered her face as a question crossed her mind. When was the last time she felt that sort of excitement? She couldn't rememer but it must have been a long time ago. Her uncertainty settled to a slight frown that spread across her lips, her hands crossing over each other over her lap.

"I am Hypnos and I am entrusted with the gift of sleep," she said, introducing herself with an emotional certainty that suggested she had rehearsed those very words for a long time. "I am nearing the end of my third year but alas, Goretti of Glue, I am not nearly as strong as the dreams that led me here."  

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:21 pm
There was something different about Hypnos and it certainly didn't take Goretti long to figure it out. "Three years," he said, sounding impressed. "That's a long time." A longer time than he could even imagine. He didn't even know what he was doing three years ago—and he couldn't imagine still doing this in three years.

"You seem plenty strong to me, though. But I guess you can always keep trying to get stronger. speaking of…I've been trying to figure out—how do you do it? I know I'm…basically at the bottom of the food chain right now. I haven't found a single person that wasn't stronger than me. And I don't want to be like this forever. What is there for me to do to get stronger? …I mean, I don't even really want to fight, I just want to make sure that I can protect people. And youma…aren't all that easy to beat. But—I mean, I'm sure you already know that!" he insisted sheepishly. If she'd been around for three years, she'd probably run into more youma than she could count.

Appeal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:15 pm
Three years was more than enough time to witness her share of misery and then some. Three years was more than enough time to gain many regrets at such a young age. Three years was enough time to become lost in a world that fought so hard to crush all of your hopes and dreams. It was enough time to begin questioning herself and her journey as a senshi. She couldn't deny herself but how could she bear it all?

"Thank you," she said softly. It seemed that she was running on manners and nothing more.

Hypnos wondered if she even knew how to get stronger. She wondered if these buttwings were just an illusion of cruelty. She didn't feel stronger and she didn't seem to have any stronger magic. Was she even capable of giving this sort of answer? Pity seemed to cause the child to chuckle, her arms wrapping around her torso. Do the strongest bear of pain or know when to walk away?

"The stronger you get the deeper down the rabbit hole you will end up. Is it worth it? Is it worth all the pain? The misery? For a goal you may never reach? If you leave, no one will notice or think ill of you. If you stay, will your actions even mean anything? Will you be able to change the world? Protect anyone?" She said, her eyes forming tears at this rate that she quickly brushed away, trying not to shy her glance away from the boy.

"You cannot force growth upon yourself, and believe me I have tried. It will happen when you're ready for it and not a moment before. Is that unknown worth the price? You could die before that chance even arrives. Is it worth leaving behind a loved one in tears? It isn't just youma that go bump in the night, and they might leave you for worse wear."

And some youma will just take your dreams to the grave.  

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:49 pm
Goretti tilted his head, obviously a bit surprised by the girl's response. He wasn't sure what sort of response he'd been expecting, but it was certain that that was not it.

And Hypnos had thrown good questions at him. Things he, admittedly, had not even considered. Things he didn't really want to consider. Still, even with the gravity of her questions, they seemed to be affecting her more than him.

Goretti had felt little pain, little misery—and he had not been doing this for long enough that his efforts felt in vain.

He shifted positions somewhat awkwardly, torn between answering her questions and asking if she was all right. "I think it's worth it," he chanced, though his voice was softer than before. "I don't go out of my way to do anything dangerous. I'm usually safer. I have people I go out with, just to make sure. Tonight, I just…I don't know."

Wanderlust? Too much energy? A desire to make sure everything was okay?

"I've just been thinking about it a lot. I'm not…worried about getting stronger. So far I've been doing okay, you know? Just taking care of a few youma. And—I think it's worth it, because I can handle them. But there are people out there—good people, who can't power up like us. And I have an advantage when it comes to taking care of the youma, and they don't. So, I guess…it is risky going out. I know that. But it's risky if I don't. What if a youma got my loved ones? What if something bad happened because not enough senshi were powering up to keep them at bay? I don't need to change the world. But I know I'm helping protect people."

Or, at least, he hoped he was.

He had to bite his tongue; he knew there were worse things than youma—things he couldn’t handle, even with backup. But he was comfortable with the youma, in a way. He knew he could handle taking care of them/ Sort of. There was so much more he could have said, but he couldn't think to sort out his thoughts when he was worrying that something was wrong. Concern was eating him up and he took a tentative step towards the girl. "Are you all right?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 pm
Hypnos shifted uneasily as Goretti replied to her questions. He said that he usually went out with other people but did that really make it any better? It had taken quite a few senshi, a leopard and a guardian cat to save her from the from Negaverse Agent that had ever attacked her and even then General-Queen Laurelite survived to kill another day. Sometimes she still had nightmares about it.

"It's not always enough, and it you are putting yourself in danger simply to deal with the youma of the city then you are fighting a lost cause. Civilians can dust youma to protect themselves if the youma is weak enough and if the youma is strong enough you might not be able to do anything. In the end, you are just scratching the surface. We're not the pest control of the city, and behind the youma is a stronger force that commands them."

She once believed she was helping top, even if just a little bit but just like that another senshi had come and destroyed what she believed in. Maybe that was just the tile that knocked over the rest but currently thy was the freshest memory. She couldn't forget all the pain she held within her small body though, and if she could she wanted to stop him from following in her footsteps because she wasn't all right. She looked up at the stars on the sky and the hope that once twinkles seemed to be shadowed by the darkness of the night. She tried to fight it but in response she was given pneumonia.

She forced a smile onto her face, "Everything is fine."

Nothing was really fine though.  

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:33 pm
For a moment, Goretti's concern lingered, though finally he either seemed convinced or let it drop.

"You don't seem to have a very good outlook on this whole thing. I'm happy to fight the youma, even if it is just scratching the surface. I don't think I'm really strong enough to do anything else."

Because he did care. He cared about making it home, and he cared about his father. He cared about any distress it was going to cause if there was ever a time he didn't make it home. He was taking precautions, at least. But maybe it wasn't enough.

"I can get stronger," he insisted after a few seconds; he didn't know exactly what it would take, but he knew if he really tried, he could. "But you…don't think that's a good idea?"

He was chewing on the inside of his cheek when he asked, "Why do you do it? Power up? You don't seem like you enjoy it and it kinda seems like you don't think we're able to do much. Just scratching the surface and all. So…Why?"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:11 pm
Hypnos' eyes felt hazy but hearing Goretti say he was happy to fight youma caused her eyes to shoot directly at him. How could he say that? How could he go from not wanting to fight to being happy about fighting youma? Hypnos didn't understand and her expression shifted to a different kind of pain. She was a little upset and equally confused.

"I thought you said you didn't want to fight and yet you are happy to kill youma? That shouldn't make you happy... It shouldn't make you happy at all." she said, her voice a mixture of displeasure and sorrow.

"I have been in the war too long to leave now. I have tried to escape before but I was unsuccessful. I have things I need to do, and lost friends who still have things to ask of me. If you value your friends and family, you still have time to put it all behind you before you fall too deep into the rabbit hole, and before you too lose things important to you that you can not walk away from. There will always be more senshi, and I can take care of things. It's not too late for you," she replied softly, kicking her rabbit foot into the ground softly.  

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:15 pm
Goretti quickly raised his hands up in defesne. "No, no, no! I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding! I'm not happy fighting them. But I'm happy playing my part. I'm happy knowing I can help out somehow. I don't want to kill anyone. I don't even kill the bugs that come inside the house! But it's not…about what I want, it's about necessity. If a youma is attacking someone, if a youma is hurting someone…I have to stop them. And if the only way to stop a youma is to kill them…There's not really a choice, is there?"

He shifted positions, eager to continue his thought process. "If a youma was attacking a boy my age, one who couldn’t power up and defend himself, why shouldn't I help if I could? What about his parents? What if you aren't around to save him? I mean, no offense, but you're just one person. You can't be everywhere at once—and even trying isn't fair to you. Trust me, I'd rather nobody had to fight, but…we do, right? That's the whole reason we were awakened at all. Because for whatever reason, we can fight, and we can protect people. And the more senshi…the less chances we have to be hurt, right? I'm sorry, but I…don't think I can quit. I can't just turn my back on all this. The thought that someone could get hurt because I wasn't pulling my weight makes me kinda sick."

Appeal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Hypnos listened, and tried to understand, but her face fell and she bit down on her lower lip as she looked away from Goretti. Arms wrapped around her body, she looked at the ground with sorrow. Shaking her head a bit, she wasn't sure what she was going to say. She felt so alone, and the closer she tried to get to people the further away from them she felt. She was hesitant but open to meeting Goretti earlier but now she felt distanced by their opposite beliefs and her worry for his safety.

Sometimes you just couldn't save people. Sometimes it felt like she never could. She had these gifts but what good did they do? She was unable to save anyone and only got hurt in the process. She couldn't even use her experience to help someone else escape this life. She didn't want anyone to have this life but Goretti didn't seem to care. It was fine to spare a bug's life but a youma or his life was something else? Hypnos didn't understand. Why were boys so complicated?

She didn't have anything to say.

"Do what you must then, and so will I."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:00 am
While her words would have been reassuring—that they had met some mutual understanding of each other—Goretti felt like he'd said something that displeased her.

"That's all anyone can do, right?" he asked after a moment. "Maybe one day I'll look back to this moment and really wish I'd just powered down and never powered up again. But I just…I don't want to. I've really enjoyed being a senshi so far. I want to do everything—I want to use magic and be superhuman—and go into space! I want to know everything there is for me to know. And I know I'll make mistakes. I'll probably get hurt. But I'll learn from it. I learned some from this, by just talking with you. So I don't want you to feel like I'm not listening or anything, because I am. So…maybe we can come to some sort of middle ground? I still want to power up. I'll be safe and all that, promise, but…what is it about being a senshi that you hate most? What is there that I need to worry about? Or things that I should do special? —Can you fix the youma?" he piped up. "If you can fix them, we wouldn't have to fight them, right? How do I do that?"

Because, it would be seriously great if some senshi out there could just zap the evil out of them. Or better, zap them into cute little animals or something. Or toads or squirrels or some little animal that wasn't much of a threat and wasn't out to hurt anyone.

Appeal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Wasn't that what every little boy wanted? To be a superhero? It was probably like arguing with a wall and in the end Hypnos would only make a fool out of herself. It wouldn't go anywhere and with a sigh Hypnos simply said nothing in reply to his speech. At least, not until he made a promise he couldn't possibly keep.

"You... can't promise that..." she said softly. "You can't promise you'll be safe."

She crossed her arms, and shifted her weight. She didn't say anything else but her expression lowered and it spoke the words she couldn't. She wanted to save youma, to put them into a situation where they wouldn't be hurt or hurt anyone but was that possible? She had been making progress with Bazzite but he had died, turned to dust in front of her very eyes.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Appeal

Magical Cat

13,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 pm
Goretti rocked on his heels. "But I can promise I'll try to be. I think you're looking at the negatives, Hypnos—and I promise that I appreciate your concern, but…did you get hurt or something?"

He chanced the question, basing the hypothesis only on the fact that she seemed to be one of the few senshi who seemed so very against him powering up. He wasn't mad at her words or arguments; he was just curious. She spoke in a way that he hadn't expected for a senshi. Since he'd been awakened, he understood only that there were forces out there—powerful forces—that were just plain evil. And that the senshi existed to stop them.

Whatever there was in this great universe, it had decided that he could help.

For whatever it was worth, he was a soldier.

And he was going to do whatever he could.

But it did not elude him that this was a very serious matter—and that he could learn something from Hypnos. And he wanted to. He was certain that his inability to coherently express himself had wounded their first impressions, but he wasn't going to give up.

Appeal

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces