Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:16 pm
The warm hues cast by the afternoon sun lit the area in a comforting glow, however, something swift soon broke the peaceful scene. A glowing ball of light zipped through the trees, destination not far ahead, but his mind was preoccupied at the moment with not colliding with any tree trunks on the way there. It was a welcome distraction from other anxieties. Only when he neared the small stone cottage did he slow and the worries he left behind were allowed to catch up with him. It wasn't as if he hadn't been here before...he normally stayed out of sight while his charge was visiting; he just didn't like coming here by himself. It wasn't for any particular reason...any reason other than the fact that he didn't like interacting with anyone other than his bonded Pae'il by himself.

As the glowing light paused outside the cottage door, it revealed itself to be a small Earth Mellon, wringing his hands and looking at the door anxiously. Okay, do things politely. Knock, wait for the male Faun to answer, deliver his message, then he could be on his way back to the Tree. He could do this. Vanya insisted that it was good for him to get out without her once in a while.

Yeah, right.

And yet, when she asked, he found himself here granting her request anyway. Not that he could refuse her, knowing why she'd asked him this time. Sighing, he took a deep breath and knocked on the small cottage's door, then waited for an answer, fidgeting subtly all the while.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:36 pm
User ImageThe almost imperceptibly quiet knocks from the little mellon's hand drew no response from the older male faun who lived in the cottage. For a few moments only the perpetual rustling of leaves greeted the guest, until a soft trilling sound was heard from behind the door. It was high-pitched and slightly muffled by the door's wood, but it seemed a harmless enough noise. Accompanying it was- well, it wasn't so much a buzzing noise as a fluttering one. Something back there was beating its wings, smaller than most birds, but likely bigger than most bugs. Perhaps it was a microbat of some sort?

The answer presented itself as Ede, Cosworth's parasprite companion, floated out of the window to the left of the door, disentangling itself from the grimy, makeshift curtain and hovering beside the mellon, its body consisting of a single round segment, with little legs underneath and large, bronze compound eyes that were somehow quite expressive despite their arthropodic nature. Perhaps it was the presence of eyelids, allowing it to blink and form shapes other than wide open, staring circles. Its silver skin was almost metallic in appearance, being more reflective than the skin of many hairless insects, such as ants or some wasps. Its paired wings beat rapidly but were large enough to be quite visible despite their speed. It moved perhaps a little uncomfortably close to the visiting mellon, tilting slightly to the side as it inspected him, buzzing to and fro around its guest, eyes wide and curious. Satisfied that whoever this was did not seem to be a bad sort, the parasprite smiled and squeaked happily, bouncing up and down in mid-air, then without warning and quite suddenly, it flew in and nuzzled the little mellon's right cheek affectionately, and more than a little forcefully given its slightly more massive (although shorter) body.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:41 pm
The appearance of the large bug-like creature was alarming enough, but when it invaded his personal space and touched him, the little Mellon was shocked into reacting. "ACK!" Flailing backward in mid-air, he nearly sent himself pinwheeling, though he managed to stay upright in the end to strike what he hoped was an intimidating kung fu pose. "Keep back! Uh...whatever you are..." he trailed off, sounding a bit unsure now that the creature had not yet acted on its intention to eat him, as he'd feared.

In fact, now that there was some space between them again, he judged that the smiling bug was perhaps...trying to be friendly?

That didn't make its invasion to his personal space any more welcome, but it did help him at least start squashing down the rush of fear making his heart pound. He slowly relaxed his intimidating fighting pose, though he kept a wary eye on the other creature in case it changed its mind about attempting to eat him. He cleared his throat, glancing around the area, then back to the insect. "Err...ahem, I suppose you are my welcoming committee today. My name is Veryan and I am here on behalf of the Lady Vanya of Laisidhiel. She would like to request a visit with your...master," he said hesitantly, guessing that this must be some companion or...pet, perhaps, of the male Faun he'd come to see today. "She would like to send advance warning and a request that she might be able to visit on the morrow, just after midday, in the early afternoon if that would be acceptable with Sir Cosworth?" He paused, staring at the creature for a moment.

"Err...can you talk?" This could be an issue. He may as well have asked the door to repeat his message in that case. "Um...if not, could you perhaps get Cosworth so that I could deliver my message and go?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:15 pm
The silver parasprite seemed completely unperturbed at Veryan's extreme discomfort, flying a circle around him, seemingly oblivious to his monologue. It paused here and there, bronze eyes peering curiously at the mellon's lithe body, which might not have eased his fears about being eaten, but Ede was simply being curious. As usual. While Veryan continued to talk, Ede did a little backflip, and then glanced back, as though it had just thought of something.

If any reaction was expected at the mention of Cosworth's name, or Vanya's, it was not forthcoming. Ede, after all, had never heard any name aside from its own until Vanya's last visit. It didn't think of Cosworth as a master. To Ede Cosworth was 'big warm and fuzzy, who didn't eat parasprites'. At the question of whether or not It could talk, Ede seemed to nod and trill in an affirmative manner and grinned at its guest.

It continued to smile and ended up not saying a word.

The parasprite did, however, seem to react to the word 'get'. Its face lit up with excitement and it bobbed up and down rapidly in mid-hover before zipping away and back through the window it had come out through. For a moment there was only the sound of fluttering wings from within, but that was shattered with the din of falling metal and wooden objects hitting the flagstones within. There was a pause before Ede announced itself with a squeak, as it exited the window once more, this time with some difficulty. It had grasped in its teeth the handle of a teacup, full of a hot beverage equal to itself in size. It wobbled shakily over to the mellon's side, and set the cup on the ground besid him.

From above, Veryan could see the drink that Ede had apparently poured him. And, apparently, it was on fire.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:29 pm
Veryan took the happy trill and nod as affirmation and seemed relieved. So it could talk! Perhaps it could carry his message and he could be out of here quickly!

...or, on second thought, perhaps it didn't understand a word that he was saying, as they continued to stare at one another afterwards. Before he could say anything else, however, the large bug made another affirmative trill and darted back into the cottage. Okay, so it seemed to have understood that at least. If it couldn't talk, at least it could retrieve the faun resident for him so that he could deliver the message personally. Just as good.

The Mellon hovered in place, waiting for the Faun's appearance. The clamor from within caused him to jump in midair and look towards the cottage in concern. What...was going on in there?

The Parasprite's reappearance with a tea cup prompted the first real slip of protocol as he frustratedly smacked his palm against his forehead. "That's not Cosworth," he quipped with no small amount of sarcasm. What was with this creature? Surely, it would have been faster for him to have found the Faun himself? The insect neared, and now he noticed, something wasn't quite right...

"ACK!" The flaming tea cup had been set right beside him, and Veryan's response was to dart straight upwards into the air to distance himself from the fire. How did one set tea aflame?!? That couldn't possibly be tea. Alarmed and growing increasingly concerned for his own safety, the Mellon's eyes darted from side to side. Only him and the Parasprite out here...surely, if he was home, Cosworth must be inside. He was tempted to throw protocol to the wind, trespassing be damned, and just go into the cottage, deliver his message, then get the heck back to Laisidhiel.

Ugh, nothing good ever came of these crazy adventures on his own...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:44 pm
Ede tilted in place as a response to the Mellon's flailing. It'd done what it was told, hadn't it? Or wait, was that- Perhaps it had gotten its fluids mixed up again. That happened sometimes. But everything was fine because here came big warm fuzzy now!

User Image

The wooden door flung wide open as Cosworth stepped outside and moved to grab Ede, when he saw Veryan there. "Um, good morning. I don't believe we've met, Sir Mellon." Since Veryan had darted up to avoid the flaming tea, Cosworth was looking up slightly to make eye contact with the little fellow. He was getting all kinds of company these days, of all sizes apparently. And, once more, he'd been caught completely off guard- sleeping, in this case, that was until Ede had knocked over everything in his cottage and violently brought him out of his nap.

Still, perhaps he needed to be polite. "Don't mind Ede. It means well, but sometimes the oil goes in the cup and the tea ends up in the lantern, if you take my meaning for it." He regarded the black creature up and down, sensing something familiar about it but he couldn't quite nail it down. Oh well, he was sure it would come to him.

There was a cracking noise from inside the cottage. Cosworth turned to look inside, then back at Veryan. "I'm sure you must have traveled some distance to reach me, and you look like you're on a mission, but before this conversation can continue, I need to ask one more thing of you. Duck."
This was followed, from inside the cottage, by a much louder and more ominous cracking and hissing noise. Cosworth didn't wait for a response. "DUCK." He said, far more insistently, grabbing the mellon's little foot and pulling down, himself taking shelter beneath the level of his windowsill, just as a loud rupturing noise and an extremely loud bang accompanied by a pressure wave of compressed air rushed out of the cottage's front window where Veryan had just been hovering.

Although no debris had accompanied the air through the window, Cosworth dusted himself off out of habit as he stood. He glanced in through his window and was relieved to see the damage was minimal, though he figured he might have to rearrange some furniture. He blinked and pulled up a small oil lamp that had somehow remained undisturbed by the windowsill. "Sorry about that. Ede knocked over one of my older, sealed-wood compressed air canisters and I just realized it still had a substantial charge in there. So please, who are you and what brings you out to my lonely cottage?"

He also held up the oil lamp, which was distinctly steaming from the top. "Tea?"

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:13 pm
The wake of the blast found the shaken Mellon curled up in the fetal position on the ground, arms over his head. "I told her this was a bad idea," he could be heard muttering to himself. "I didn't want to go, but nooooo, she has to start in with the 'pleeeease, Varyan' and the pouting. And the look. I don't even know how THAT works anymore..."

He seemed to have forgotten that he wasn't alone, rambling and complaining to himself for a moment before he shifted his arms and noticed the lantern of tea being offered to him. On reflex, he nearly accepted, thinking only that he really could use something to calm his nerves about now. Then, on second thought...he wasn't sure he wanted tea from a lantern...something just wrong about that...and besides...when had it last held oil instead...?

He was sharply reminded that his current behavior was nowhere near appropriate and he wore a sheepish look as he scrambled to right himself. "Err...no, thank you," he answered politely now, trying to regain his earlier composure, lost long ago it seemed. Zipping back into the air now that the engineer seemed to have deemed the area safe again, the Mellon hovered around head height to prevent the Faun from needing to inconvenience himself for them to speak.

He nearly reverted to his 'light' form in embarrassment, but figured that it was easier for Pae'il to speak with or listen to him if he appeared in his natural form...and besides, this was one of his mistress' friends. If she trusted him...

Clearing his throat, he adopted a formal stance in the air. "My name is Varyan. I am here on behalf of Lady Vanya of Laisidhiel. She wishes to visit on the morrow if she may, just after midday, in the early afternoon if that is acceptable. She has sent me to relay her request and receive an answer on her behalf." He bowed low now that he had delivered his message, glancing up curiously. "What should I tell her, kind sir?"

Vanya was going to owe him big for this when he got back. He was going to find a nice corner to curl up in, where it was quiet and peaceful. As much as he complained though, he could have done nothing less than what she asked, especially knowing why she was so insistent on him asking about a particular time to visit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:50 pm
Cosworth detachedly watched the mellon ramble to himself, and raised an eyebrow, wondering whether this messenger was perhaps the least enthusiastic visitor to his home he'd yet met. Heh, he liked the little fellow already. The scruffy faun absentmindedly took a sip from the lamp, made a face and set it back down again.

Once Varyan had appeared to calm down again, Cosworth paid heed to his words and was surprised to hear Lady Vanya's title and request- usually he just found a note on the door in the morning... or whenever he woke up... advising of the seer's occasional visits. Signed 'Vanya'. Or, on one occasion, 'Just Vanya'. He could almost hear her voice chiding him when he'd read that one. Come to think of it, it had been quite some time since her last visit- they'd had a splendid afternoon tea and Cosworth wondered just how busy her role in the Tree was keeping her. He knew that the population had swelled and relations with some of the other pae nations were less than ideal, and hypothesized that might some something to do with it.

But back to the subject at hand. Lady Vanya intended to come and visit, and that was fine with him, although he knew he would need to clean up a bit and maybe forage for some fruit, as he was completely out of scones. Cosworth glanced at Ede as though asking its opinion but by now it was happily drinking its oil-tea out of the lamp and not paying much attention. Cosworth also noted that the previously-flaming teacup had been completely drained. The engineer wasn't sure whether to be impressed or alarmed.

Cosworth turned his gaze back unto Varyan. "Tell the fair Lady Vanya that I would be honored to receiver her to-morrow. It has been quite some time. And be sure to let her know how impressed I was with the proper etiquette of her fine assistant." Cosworth finished with a smirk, nodding respectfully in response. Behind him, Ede burped up a lick of flame.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:45 pm
The little Mellon flickered briefly, nearly returning to his light form due to being flustered. He managed to cover enough to finish his bow and nod to the engineer Faun politely. "I'll pass that along to the Lady. Now, sir, if you will excuse me?" He paused to make sure there was nothing else, then as soon as he thought he'd waited as long as was polite, darted into the air and back towards Laisidhiel as a blur of light.

-----
[The Next Day]
-----

User Image
While the travel to Cosworth's cottage was no short journey, when the sunshine was warm and the breeze gentle, the long walk could be pleasant and provide some much needed peace. The troubled Seer could use a little peace today. Recent events had her on edge, uneasy...and particular ones had her seeking refuge from the Great Tree for once. She needed to be elsewhere today...while she didn't have to go to Cosworth's, she would much prefer to spend the afternoon in the presence of a friend if she could. Even Varyan, though he'd pretended to be angry with her yesterday for sending him on his errand, hovered lightly beside her today, keeping her on the path if she started to stray, but otherwise, remaining quiet, supportive company. It meant a lot to her.

Her Mellon had grown increasingly quieter as they neared the cottage, and when he was sure his charge realized where she was, he turned to light and flitted away. He'd be nearby, of course. Vanya smiled to herself knowingly and finished the final steps up towards Cosworth's cottage. As per the usual sight when she approached, she carried her staff in one hand, a basket in the off. A few small gifts for her host within; nothing particularly out of the ordinary: a couple of refills of Mojo's tea blends that she knew Cosworth was particularly fond of and a few sweets baked earlier that morning. Due to some last minute haste to get on the road, she'd not ordered ahead of time, having to take some of what had been baked that morning; not that anything from Bronson's kitchen was ever really bad.

Her hooves tapped lightly over the flagstones leading to Cosworth's door. Reaching out, her hand brushed the door frame and re-affirmed her bearings. Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself that this was just a social call, like any other time. Relax. Putting on a soft smile, she knocked twice, brisk but sharp, then waited for some response from the other side.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:20 pm
It had been a little warmer and more humid than usual, and that would have prompted a normal faun to move the tea table and chairs outside for a bit of an escape from the stifling interior of Cosworth's stone cottage.

Of course, Cosworth himself was having none of that.

A long but sturdy crankshaft ran from his cumbersome steam engine outside the cottage, through one of the windows and turned a fan that drew warm air out of the enclosed space and provided a meagre, but noticeable breeze. The engine was by now reliable enough for Cosworth to leave it unattended (mostly), allowing for the engineer to remain inside with a fairly constant, cooling flow of air keeping him comfortable.

When the knock came, the male faun smiled and made for the door. He'd been expecting the visit, and indeed been looking forward to it. It had been quite a while, after all. During his foraging he'd managed to scrounge together a few nuts and been lucky enough to find some wild blackberries to set beside their tea. He'd also already set some of his own blend of tea on the boil, as he knew the seer might occasionally want something bracing, as opposed to relaxing.

When Cosworth opened the door, and took the blind seer's hand as he politely bowed, then turned to guide her inside. "Welcome, m'lady. It's been far too long. You must have been busy the last couple moons." He led her to their usual table, and although it was not adjacent to the window where he had his spinning wooden fan, it was close enough to reap most of the benefits. "I've figured out a way to keep my cottage cool today, though you might hear an occasional hiss from outside. Just ignore those." He helped her to a seat and set down everything she was carrying, beside what he'd already set out. "I have some nuts and blackberries, as well as some of my tea if you'd like any. Also..."

Cosworth sat opposite Vanya, his eyes fixed on the white flower in her hair. "That's quite a beautiful flower you're wearing Vanya. The whitest I've seen for many years." He had a wistful look on his face as he squeezed the seer's hand encouragingly. "May I offer my congratulations?"

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:41 am
Predictably, Vanya had been about to suggest that they take tea outside. While it was fairly warm and humid, if they found a shaded spot, surely it would still be better than being inside on such a day. It tended to be a bit warmer in the cottage anyway, thanks to Cosworth's experiments, many of which seemed to produce excess heat. However, before she could say a word, she was led inside and she was surprised to feel a cooling breeze blowing over her fur. Inside? She wasn't left wondering long before Cosworth offered an explanation, if without too many details. She admittedly probably wouldn't have understood anyway. Instead, the Seer laughed, handing over her things to her host gratefully. "Oh, Cosworth. I shall never understand how you do the magic you do!" Of course, he'd argue that it wasn't magic...but that's what it seemed like to her. As much as what she did probably seemed to him. Granted...some of it actually was magic, she thought with amusement.

"Quite busy," she confirmed with a nod, pulling her attention away from the magical indoors breeze and back to her host. "I'm sorry I haven't been able to get away." A part of her was sad that Cosworth hadn't come to visit her instead in that time, however, she had reminded herself that he didn't visit the Tree often. He'd said as much. Whether it was the large number of other Faun or the trip to the Tree, she wasn't entirely sure, but she couldn't expect him to change his habits just because she couldn't get away for a couple moons. Besides, it wasn't as if they kept a schedule or anything. "It has been a while," she continued, noting, "There's some more of the breakfast blend, as well as the dandelion mint tea there in my basket. I thought you might be running low." The baked treats were there too...but to be honest, she'd just taken what had been offered and wasn't even completely sure what she'd brought with her today. Guess it would be a surprise for them both from Bronson's kitchen.

She nodded gratefully at being helped to a seat where she settled herself comfortably. The simple movement of the air, sound or no, was a welcome surprise and kept the cottage much cooler than she'd been expecting with the heat outside. One of her ears flicked forward at the comment and she felt her cheeks grow pleasantly warm, not with embarrassment, but pure happiness. While she couldn't see his expression, she returned the squeeze quickly, giggling at herself helplessly, "You may, kind sir! And I thank you." Smiling broadly, she reached out to place her other hand over theirs, squeezing again as if reaffirming the connection between them.

"Which does bring me to one piece of 'business' that I wanted to discuss today," she started, hesitating only a bit before proceeding. It didn't hurt to ask, right? "We haven't set a date yet, but we're working on it. When we do, there will be a general invite sent out to the Tree, of course. Which is fine...but, I have a few who I consider close friends that I would prefer to give a personal invitation to." She paused, realizing her intention was probably clear already to the observant inventor, then pushed ahead. "I know you don't come back to the Tree very often, but...it would...mean a lot to me...if you could be there?"

If Veryan were watching, he'd be rolling his eyes. She was using the same look she'd used on him the day before. How the heck did she do that?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:11 pm
Cosworth once more found himself unable to restrain a chuckle at what Vanya called his 'magic'. By now he'd stopped trying to explain to her how he managed to put together his little comforts and just accepted that to some faun, the mystery was more intriguing than the explanation (especially if he was the one doing the explaining, although that was a different matter with his fae friend).

As the Lady Vanya listed off what she thought she'd packed into her gifts of food and tea, Cosworth indulged in a quick sniff of the air over the goods, an appreciative smile crept across his face as it always did, and just for the blind seer's benefit, he patted her shoulder gratefully, adding; "You are far too gracious, m'lady. Bringing me all these generous indulgences whenever you come to visit. Not that I'm complaining, by any measure." He left them alone for the meantime and helped himself to a small sprig of blackberries he'd foraged, partly so that his guest could partake in them first, but mostly because he was hoping to make them last a little longer this time. He couldn't help most of the time but greedily tear through the delicious offerings that usually came, an understandable tendency given his non-existant cooking skills.

Cosworth's warm expression only grew warmer as Vanya returned his squeeze, his heart seeming to swell as he watched the sheer happiness in her expression. This was immediately followed by the sensation of his stomach dropping to the floor at being invited to a wedding.

With other Faun.

At the Tree.

For the Seer.

In a matter of seconds, images flashed through Cosworth's mind of crowds of faun, circle members, and the real possibility of him making a total mess of himself in front of one his very few friends and waking up the next morning in the Tree's lockup. Suddenly, the reclusive engineer felt like perhaps there wasn't enough cooling in the cottage after all, and was rather glad the blind woman opposite him could not see the distress that was plain on his face. It was more than the crowds, more than the chief and the other circle members that troubled him. The last time he'd attempted a social occasion- many, many years ago- he'd spent the entire night in a drunken, depressed, near-unresponsive state and refused to accept help from anyone, eventually passing out some distance from the tree prompting a search from what few friends he had left.

"My lady, I- I'm truly honored by the invitation, but... You have to understand, it never works very well for me." He was genuinely regretful, especially with the pleading look she was giving him, and even with her gracious nature towards him, he was simply finding it hard to bring himself to just say yes to a simple invitation. "I mean, I suppose I'll go if you truly want me to, but..." His already quiet voice wavered. "I don't want to ruin your happiest of days with my presence." He finished on a slightly bitter note, having realized just how pathetic he sounded. He bit his lip and shifted uncomfortably, wringing his hands on the table.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:54 pm
Vanya's expression fell before she could catch herself. Her ears drooped, flattening, and her posture slumped. For a moment, she entertained the selfish thought of doing as he said and insisting that he come instead.

Then, she turned her attention from herself to her friend. She could not see the distress on his face, but she could see it in his aura, as well as hear it in his voice. She slumped further, this time in disappointment in herself. Had she not considered his feelings at all? Only thinking of herself, wrapped in selfish feelings for what she wanted with no concern for her friend or his thoughts? She knew he had issues visiting the Tree. Even if she didn't understand completely, she should have been sympathetic to that much. He'd never said much other than explaining that his experiments were better done away from the Tree, which made sense, as well as implying sometimes that perhaps it was the sheer number of Faun in the Tree. There were a lot these days. He seemed a solitary sort, crowds making him anxious. While this made sense, it didn't fully explain the level of aversion, Vanya thought. She always suspected that there was more...she just respected his privacy and never asked outright.

While she couldn't just...read other Pae's minds by looking at their auras, as some might believe, she could see rapid, dramatic shifts in emotion, especially strong ones. It was a bit surprising, honestly, to see such a reaction in Cosworth's aura, when the inventor was normally so calm and even-tempered. At least, so he had always been in her presence. To see such a sudden, dramatic flare and shift in her friend's aura...Vanya was both regretful...and just a bit curious at what thoughts she might have cued with her invitation.

Not that she'd ever attempt to 'read' a friend without permission.

At some point, they'd pulled away from each other and she reached out, finding only empty air at first before she finally found Cosworth's hands again, wringing together in anxiety. She laid one hand over his comfortingly, the other reaching to brush her fingertips against his cheek as she gave him a sad smile in reply. "You wouldn't ruin anything, my friend. I'd want you there. That's why I asked. And I do want you there. But, not if it's going to upset you so. As much as I'd like you to be there, I understand if it makes you this uncomfortable, why you'd rather not. I'm not going to force you. It's an invitation, nothing more."

Still, it bothered her, the question hanging over them as to why the idea seemed to trouble him so much. But it remained unspoken, the Seer swallowing her selfish need to know, pushing it aside for sake of her friend. It wasn't as if she had many, after all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:17 pm
User Image

A flurry of pink bolted through trees. Panic flooded 'The Pinkest One'. Her heart racing as she dodged bushes, branches and the like further into the trees in search of a particular cottage.

It was the single most tragic thing to ever happen! It was the biggest emergency ever in the history of emergencies! And there was no time to waste! In fact, time was running out! And Fast!!

The cottage came into view and she gasped deeply as she forced herself to close the gap in the quickest way possible.

"Oh no OhnoOhno!!" Her figure skid to a halt outside the cottage door and furiously banged upon the door. "COSWORTH!!"

Without giving any time for an answer or response, the door flew open and a panicked - and overly gasping - Pinkie stood in the doorway.

"Cosworth!! I-" she inhaled dramatically. "-I need your-" ~GASP!!~ "- your help!" She crossed the room swiftly and grabbed his shoulders, shaking them gently. "This is the most biggest emergency of emergencies!" Her nose pressed against his and it almost appeared as if her eyes bugged out to his on each syllable of the next statement. "It's absolutely, positively the most horrible thing to ever HAPPEN! And I believe you're the only one who can help!!"

She then blinked, taking a step back as her eyes flashed over to the lady in the room. Her eyes went wide. "OMIGOSH! I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to interrupt!" In a flash, she darted back outside and shut the door just as quickly. There was a moment's pause before there was a soft knock and her usually chipper tones echoed through the door. "Cosworth, are you home? I mean, of course you're home, but if you want I can come back later! And by later, I mean hopefully in a couple of hours?!"

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Doof

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 pm
Cosworth's anxiety wasn't helped by the very obvious disappointment shown on Vanya's face when he voiced his reluctance. He bit his lip and tried to rein in his discomfort. This was, after all, still tea-time, and not the event itself. There was time. Perhaps he could go, but he'd have to mentally prepare himself and try to remember what it was like to be at such an occasion. There was likely to be good music, good food, best of all, there'd likely be great ale. All he'd have to do would be to mix for a while, talk to some Faun. A lot of Faun.

And here came the anxiety again.

It wasn't one single thing that kept Cosworth away from the tree. Well, it stemmed from one thing but now there were so many issues he had with other Faun- and himself- that he had done his best to not linger around that place. The older faun knew he was not behaving as he should have before Vanya, and he desperately wished for something to say, something honest but helpful, to break the awkward silence, but nothing came to him. He was still undecided and in turmoil about whether or not he needed to be there.

Her hand on his was reassuring. Just a couple of months ago that gesture made his fur stand on end and had his mind backflipping before he was able to remind himself that Vanya wasn't just the Seer, she was his friend. Now, it had the effect of steadying his heartbeat and easing the tension in his chest. "My dear Lady Vanya, I am truly honored. I want to make it clear I do not take this invitation for granted." He took a deep breath. "I wonder if you would mind leaving me the date, and letting me think about it. I promise I would not delay long."

At that moment, everything exploded. Or at least the calm did. Cosworth was suddenly jolted to his senses, suddenly jumping to his feet and suddenly very glad he wasn't sipping any tea. The pink blur that had burst into his cottage was upon him before he could even say "My Cabbages". Her nose once more against his (something else he'd gotten used to), Pinkie Pie was, for once, a welcome distraction. Just for good measure though, Cosworth cleared his throat and asked, "You do remember what I told you about unannounced visits, right?" He wondered what kind of emergency had her bouncing all this way to his doorstep.

That's when she noticed Vanya. "Pinkie Pie," He began to say, slightly exasperated, "You know the Seer, don't you?" He turned back to his first guest to try his hand at an introduction but Pinkie was back out the door again before he could stick a cupcake in his eye.

Then she said that through the door. He felt heat rise to his face and he physically took a step back, aghast at the implication. "Wha- NO YOU DO NOT NEED TO COME BACK. You don't see my goggles hanging from the doorknob do you?!"

There was a moment of dead silence, only interrupted by a hiss from his steam engine.

"I mean, um, I can likely help you out with your 'emergency' so long as you're quick about it, young lass." He turned to Vanya, mortified. "Um, that's my friend the Pinkest One, Pinkie Pie. She's very... Spirited. I'm terribly sorry, would you awfully mind waiting here while I deal with this? I promise I won't be long."

He opened the door and followed Pinkie outside, his voice dropping somewhat as he took her aside and muttered something about tact and circle members and tea. Finally, and more audibly, he asked her; "Now what was this emergency you were so fired up about?"

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff