Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
Ovidia the Meloi Khryseoi [Crits]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myoukin

Dedicated Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:45 pm
User ImageAMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Ovidia
Nicknames: N/A

Faction: Monster
Race: Meloi Khryseoi

Natural Ability: Dual Personality - Her personality changes depending on her surrounding temperature.

Personality:
[Self] Ovidia, much like the rest of her race, has a dual personality that is most visible by the color of her eyes. She possesses a calm side and a rowdy side which are largely determined by the temperature of her surroundings. When her surroundings are cool, her eyes are green and her calm side comes out. This side of her is more mature but is a bit of an airhead, always looks like she's ready for a nap, and occasionally will make random comments that may or may not make sense in context. When her surroundings are warm, her eyes turn red and her rowdy side comes out. This side of her is fairly childish, rude, and is prone to angry outbursts when someone says something she doesn't like. Both sides are very blunt with their words and will ask and answer questions honestly without any regard to the current situation, with varying degrees of politeness being the only difference. She tends to have her own pace and isn't afraid to try new things.

[People] Ovidia usually prefers to do her own thing rather than work in a group. Other than those of her own race, she really doesn't open up or make any special bonds with others. The most someone would get out of her are short conversations before she moves on to something else. Depending on which side is currently dominant, her reaction to being forced into social situations varies from stubborn refusal to beating the tar out of the culprit.

[Preference] Ovidia's calm side prefers quiet places. Her idea of a good day is being able to sit in a cool, peaceful area and watch others or sleep. This side also has an affinity for sweets and books. Her grouchy side likes being in the action, preferring lively places. This side isn't adverse to the occasional scuffle just for the fun of it and likes sour foods. Her greatest fear is opening up to others due to the possibility of rejection.

[Family] Ovidia has a father, mother, and two younger brothers. They all have the same dual personality trait as her, but they all choose to live high in the mountains where the weather is mostly cool to maintain a pleasant and calm disposition. When the weather turns warm, her mother is usually the one to stay the most composed followed by her father, but a family brawl is never far off when warmth persists.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Ovidia wants to better control her dual personality so as to overcome her fear of rejection.

FEAR Ability: [Tainted Fang] Poison Bite - Bites her opponent to infect them with poison.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Green (calm side), Red (rowdy side)
Hair Colour/Style: Golden yellow, held in a high ponytail with black clasps at two sections
Skin Colour: Cream
Clothing Style/Colours: A black sleevless dress, green gossamer cover w/ a yellow gem fastened at the chest, black arm warmers, and black lace-up shoes
Extra: Fangs, sheep ears, and sheep horns
References: Ovidia Full  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 pm
~Saving this space for other things~  

Myoukin

Dedicated Mage

Sable Eye Cerena

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:00 pm
The concept is really cute, but I think you're doing yourself a disservice by saying that she has dual personalities -- it sounds a lot to me like she's actually cold-blooded. When temperatures are cold, her thought processes are slowed, she's sleepy, etc -- when temperatures are warm, she is a lot more energetic, and that energy can quickly become overwhelming and angry.

When you phrase it like "dual personalities", it can press the "multiple personalities" button that people kind of dislike in RP characters :( It also seems to imply that both personalities would have their separate sets of memories, likes, dislikes, etc -- which can be really difficult (and sometimes not even fun) to RP with, and also doesn't seem like what you're really getting at.

What I'd love to see you expand on: what do the two sides have in common with each other? I imagine there must be some middle ground -- what makes her her, regardless of how the temperature is currently making her act? Also, how does she feel about how the temperature affects her? Is she ashamed of her angry outbursts and would she try to avoid warm places (like her family) or has she not figured it out yet and is constantly bouncing back and forth between temperatures to try and ensure a good mix of both?

Also, I love the species! I see where you're getting the inspiration to have them be affected by temperature and I honestly think it's really clever.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm
I'm going to kind of ditto some of Sable's crit -

Does Ovidia know her dual sides? Are the sides cognizant of each other? or is it like opposite sides of a coin where they never see each other?

Say the rowdy side is out and it's a wholly inappropriate time --> Does Ovidia have the frame of mind to remove herself from the situation? Does she remember what the calm side did that day/was doing before rowdy came out and vice versa? x3

Neat idea -- she sounds fun~ and she's super prettty  

`Swirly

Hygienic Sex Symbol

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas