Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Umber Family ~ Accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:37 pm
тнε υмвεя ғαмıʟч

~ Germaine Dyan Umber ~
~ Kimberly Jean Umber ~ NPC
~ Kiley Joyce Umber ~ NPC

'The river is stronger.'

((twins accepted into family by me, The Forgotten Weasley in chatzy @ 11:36 AM EST on 11/3/15))

Pended by: n/a
Accepted by: ~ ♥ Cara ɱк [03/28/2017]
Accepted Characters:
Germaine [03/28/2017] Kimberly [03/28/2017] Kiley [03/28/2017]
Updates Accepted by: ~ ❝Yukitty❞ 1/5/17

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:40 pm
Hi, my name is Germaine Dyan Umber

I'm a woman, if you need clarification.

My job is Hogwarts school librarian.

I'm 51 years old.

My birthday is November 27th, 1995.

My dream job is my current occupation, luckily.

My blood status is muggleborn.

The house I'm was in was Hufflepuff.

I was in the class of 2013.

I'm interested in men.

I'm currently with no one.

I may seem strict and old fashioned but I'm really sociable and outgoing. I have an optimistic outlook on life, and genuinely believe much of the world is good people simply trying to live their lives. In the face of hardship, I tend to persevere, and I'm made of sterner stuff than I may seem to be. I like it when things are peaceful and everyone is content; I've no interest in manipulating or hurting others for my own gain. I'm more open minded than I come off as, and while I can be old fashioned, I'm open to new ideas and new perspectives, so long as my own principles are upheld. I'm passionate and energetic about the things and people I care about, and dedicated and hardworking when it comes to my job. I can push myself too far, giving more than I can manage, and forget about my own wants and needs. I despise dealing with hard facts and data, and tend to rely on emotion over logic, despite being quite bright. I can take things personally, and sometimes cave to the middle ground far too often.

My background story is I was born to two muggles living in London. They were both professors at a prestigious university, and I was raised in a large flat on the top floor of an old house, surrounded by books and writing. I was a happy little social butterfly of a child, and had a lot of playmates despite all my quirks and odd habits, such as turning the TV on and off twice before leaving the room. Strange, I know. I had always known I was different from the other kids. Weird things just seemed to occur very frequently around me, things no one could explain. I never quite realized I was magical, though, at least not until a professor from Hogwarts came to our flat one day and explained everything. He took my parents and I shopping for my school things, and I was finally introduced to the wizarding world. This, I felt, was where I really belonged. My parents were surprisingly unfazed by all of this, and very supportive of me attending Hogwarts. They are all for learning, after all. I was sorted into Hufflepuff, much to my delight. Despite being quite clever and loving books, and also being pretty bold if I do say so myself, my friendly nature and outgoing personality won out in the hat's decision. I didn't mind at all. I made plenty of new friends in my own house, and did very well in all my classes. I especially loved the library, and was always trying to sneak into the Restricted Section. I just wanted to have a little look around, I swear! I was very happy until my parents died, during my final year of school. It was a car crash, and I was now an orphan. But being 17 and legally an adult in magical society, I wasn't forced into an orphanage or anything. Instead I finished my classes as best I could, and tried to have a positive outlook on life. But it got to a point where if I stayed in Britain any longer, I was going to go mad. So after I graduated, I set off traveling, seeing the world. I did not return for a few years, and when I did I felt finally ready to move on. Remembering my childhood dream of working in a library, I got the necessary training I needed to become one. For the nest while, I worked as a librarian in a few muggle schools, until I heard about the position being open here at Hogwarts. What's better than being a librarian? Being one at a magical library! Now I am the school's new librarian, determined to manage this library to the best of my ability.

At the Fall Festival which ended rather badly, I was attacked by a child vampire and fed from before a young woman saved me by blasting the undead little brat off me. The thing killed her, but later died, from what I heard. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'll never forget that brave girl's sacrifice. She didn't have to help me, but she did. I have a scar from the incident, but managed to get away from the madness. I've also met a really very nice man named Gabriel and... that's all I have to say about that. No, I am not blushing!

Recently I decided to adopt, after a lot of consideration. I've always been under the assumption, that in order to have a family, I'd have to be married first. But there's no sense in wasting my years when I could make a family of my own, right now. When I went to Wool's to see about adopting, I was only thinking of adopting one child, preferably older, due to my work at Hogwarts and the fact that those children who are no longer infants or toddlers have a much lesser chance of being adopted. But then I met Kimberly and Kiley, and I fell in love, real love, for the first time in my life. Eleven year old twins, and magical to boot. They'd already received their letters. The orphanage is run by a former Hogwarts student and witch now, who was very understanding. I adopted them on the spot, and have zero regrets. We're a family, a real family, and I couldn't be happier. The twins were sorted into Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, respectively, and have settled in at Hogwarts very nicely. It's also nice to have some helping hands around the library.

I enjoy reading, especially ancient texts, singing to old tunes, meeting new people, helping people find books, and good old fashioned riddles.

I despise too much ruckus in my library, bullies, cold hearted people, raw vegetables, and books being abused.

I'm afraid of dying alone, with no friends or family.

My strengths are my long lasting patience and being able to multitask without getting too stressed or confused.

My flaws are coming off as a bit odd at times and not quite getting teenage drama. Why can't they all just be friends?

I look like this.

My wand is a 13 inch, cedar wood wand, with a griffin hair core.

My pet is a ginger persian cat named Sir Fluffytail. What? Why are you looking at me like that? It's a perfectly fine name!

My O.W.L. Scores Were:
Charms- E
Potions- E
D.A.D.A.- E
Astronomy- E
Herbology- O
Transfiguration- E
Divination- O
Study of Ancient Runes- O
Mythology- O

My N.E.W.T. Scores Were:
Divination- O
Study of Ancient Runes- O
Mythology- O
Charms- E
Herbology- O
Transfiguration- E

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm terribly awkward around the male gender, sorry to say. that might account for my current lack of a significant other. That, and I have ridiculously high standards. Yes, there is a checklist involved. And I have a scar on my neck that looks suspiciously like a bite mark, because that's what it is. A vampire bite mark.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:52 am
xxxxK I M B E R L YxxxJ E A NxxxU M B E R xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Kimmy, Kim

AGE Eighteen

BIRTHDAY 25 November 2019

BLOOD STATUS Muggleborn

WAND Hawthorn wood, Hippogriff Feather core, 8 and 1/4 inches

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Heterosexual

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Hirasawa Yui [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Gryffindor

CLASS OF 2038

HONORS Previously Quidditch Team Keeper (first through sixth year), Previously Quidditch Vice Captain (fifth through sixth year), Prefect

BEST LESSONS
                  Potions
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts
                  Flying

WORST LESSONS
                  Transfiguration
                  History of Magic
                  Astronomy

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ D
                  Charms ~ EE
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  History of Magic ~ T
                  Potions ~ O
                  Transfiguration ~ P
                  Alchemy ~ O
                  Cursebreaking ~ EE
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Wandless Magic Practice ~ EE
                  Wandlore Studies ~ A

NEWT SCORES
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
                  Potions ~ O
                  Herbology ~ A
                  Alchemy ~ EE
                  Cursebreaking ~ EE
                  Care of Magical Creatures ~ A
                  Wandless Magic ~ EE

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Potioneer (pending)

DREAM JOB Potioneer

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ BRAVE Kimberly is one to jump headfirst into danger, especially if it's to protect her sister or her friends. Sometimes she doesn't think things through completely either, which can get her into trouble.
              ■ ADVENTUROUS Kimberly is extremely curious, especially when it comes to exploring new areas. She is prone to wandering when she has nothing else to do, even if she does have things to do really, just for the sake of exploration.
              ■ PROTECTIVE Kimberly is very protective of her twin sister. She sees herself as the leader of the two of them, like she needs to keep her twin out of harms way. When threatened, Kimberly is quick to leap into action, doing whatever she needs to do, even at a danger to herself, to protect her sister.
              ■ PERSUASIVE Kimberly can usually sweet-talk her way out of trouble, whether it be placing the blame on someone else or causing the problem to disappear all together. She likes to convince her sister to do chores and tasks for her just for the laughs.
              ■ OUTGOING Kimberly loves meeting people and making new friends. She often throws herself into situations just so she can socialize with people. She has no problem being the center of attention.
              ■ PROUD Kimberly thinks highly of herself and her accomplishments. She likes to brag, even though she knows it can turn people away from her.

Mangoes
                  The outdoors
                  Flying
                  Animals

DISLIKES
                  Sitting still
                  Being quiet
                  Tests
                  Ginger ale
                  Being caught in a lie

HOBBIES
                  Exploring
                  Flying
                  Being outside

STRENGTHS
                  Good liar
                  Quick to make friends

WEAKNESSES
                  Quick temper
                  Vanity

FEARS
                  Toads/Frogs
                  Losing her family

PATRONUS Cocker Spaniel

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Kimberly was born to a single mother, along with her twin sister, Kiley. Not much is known about her birth parents, but what was recorded in her orphanage paperwork was nothing short of tragic. Kiley and Kimberly's mother was assaulted one night on the streets of London, the aftermath resulting in the woman's pregnancy. For an unknown reason, the woman chose to keep her child, believing she could overcome that brutal night by raising the child. However, when one child turned out to be two, she found herself overwhelmed. Because she couldn't handle caring for her daughters, the woman dropped them off at Wool's Orphanage in London when they were only four months old. Growing up in the orphanage, Kimberly proved early on to be a handful, often getting in trouble and blaming someone else. She did what she had to to take care of her sister, however, and loved her dearly, considering her to be her closest friend. When she was six, Kimberly got in trouble for breaking a plate at dinner and was sent to her room for the rest of the night. She was so upset that she accidentally caused her window to break just by looking at it. It wasn't until much later that she learned she was magical, just like her sister was. On their eleventh birthday, a man came to the orphanage to visit them, and he told them that they were witches and would be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry next fall. Kimberly was so excited! Finally, she would get out of the stinky orphanage and get to explore the world. In July of the next year, a woman came to the orphanage looking to adopt a child. The woman, Germaine Umber, figured out that Kimberly and her sister were magical and adopted them on the spot. With a new mother and her sister by her side, Kimberly was ready to take Hogwarts by storm!

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR Kimberly's first year at Hogwarts was amazing. She was sorted into Gryffindor, while her sister was sorted into Ravenclaw. She made a few friends, and generally enjoyed most of her classes, especially Flying. Because of that class, she has decided to try out for her house Quidditch team in her next term. Kim also attended the Valentine's Masquerade Ball with her sister, where they dressed alike to try to fool people. It was all in good fun, though.
                  SECOND YEAR During her second year at Hogwarts, Kimberly attended the Gryffindor Quidditch team tryouts. She was excited, and nervous, but mostly excited. In the end, she was put as the first reserve Keeper. Even being on the reserve team made her giddy! Other than that, Kim spent her time with her sister and mother, as always. Oh, and she also developed a small crush on Brandon Davenport, a boy in her house and year, but who knows where that will go.
                  THIRD YEAR Kim's Third Year was rather boring. She had more classes now, which meant she needed to work harder to keep her grades up so she could stay on the Quidditch team. She made first reserve again this year, but it was her Caprain's last year at the school, so she practiced extra hard so she would have a good chance of making first string next year. Her friends were also having some hard times. Aimee started dating an older Ravenclaw boy and Leon wasn't happy about it. He nearly beat the life out of the guy in the dungeons, she had heard. So Kim was trying to be there for her friends, if anything just to be a rock in this crazy storm blowing around all of them.
                  FOURTH YEAR Kimberly's fourth year at Hogwarts was spent mostly practicing on the Quidditch field. She was promoted to starting Keeper, with Pru's graduation, so she wanted to be the very best (like no one ever was).
                  FIFTH YEAR Kimberly had a fairly exciting fifth year at Hogwarts. Not only was she given the title of Prefect, but she was also promoted to Vice Captain of the Quidditch team! As if one badge wasn't enough, now she had two shiny badges to wear on her uniform! Unfortunately, the Quidditch season wasn't that great, but it was okay. They didn't lose, in fact, they tied for first. A three-way tie, but still. They beat Slytherin, that was all that mattered! Kim also took her OWL exams, which she was kind of nervous for, but she is sure she did fine, or at least well enough to continue in the classes she cared about.
                  SIXTH YEAR After a year of excitement and exams, Kim took it easy in her sixth year. A bit too easy, maybe. She was late to most of the Quidditch games and had her title and spot on the team revoked for one year. One year, meaning her final year, unfortunately. Kimberly moved from her sixth year into summer, feeling quite depressed.
                  SEVENTH YEAR Without Quidditch to take up her spare time, Kimberly had a lot of time to focus on her studies. She worked hard to prepare for her NEWT exams, with Kiley's help of course, and joined the Dueling Club for her last year, mostly because Kiley dragged her to the meetings. Kim was still quite upset about the whole Quidditch thing, but by the end of the year, she was too busy with exams to let it bother her as much. She knew that her time at school was running out, and afterwards, she had her whole life ahead of her, so what was the point in dwelling over something that wouldn't matter in the future.

POST GRADUATION Information

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Kiley Umber (twin sister), Germaine Umber (adopted mother)
              FRIENDS Kiley Umber, Chelsea Van Asten, Brandon Davenport, Claire Wilson, Diantha Warlow, Colin Beckett, Amelia McHalen, Leon McGregor, Raymond Yuko, Nicole Lovette, Colton Overton, Conner Overton, Gideon Reid, Pru Lowery
              BEST FRIEND Kiley Umber, Claire Wilson, Gideon Reid
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Brandon Davenport (crush)
              ENEMIES None
              PETS A kitten named Nyx. x

COLOR 1 = #8F00FF
COLOR 2 = #FF3D0D
COLOR 3 = #FE28A2
COLOR 4 = #CC00FF

NPCed  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:00 am
xxxxK I L E YxxxJ O Y C ExxxU M B E R xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxB A S I C S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              NICKNAMES Ki (KIE)

AGE Eighteen

BIRTHDAY 25 November 2019

BLOOD STATUS Muggleborn

WAND Hazel wood, Unicorn Hair core, 8 and 1/4 inches

GENDER Female

SEXUAL ORIENTATION Bisexual

LANGUAGES SPOKEN English

FACECLAIM Hirasawa Ui [x]

xxxS C H O O L A N D C A R E E R xxxxxx
              ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

HOUSE Ravenclaw

CLASS OF 2038

HONORS Dueling Club Member

BEST LESSONS
                  Charms
                  Transfiguration
                  History of Magic

WORST LESSONS
                  Potions
                  Flying
                  Herbology

OWL SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
                  Herbology ~ D
                  History of Magic ~ O
                  Potions ~ T
                  Transfiguration ~ O
                  Alchemy ~ P
                  Healing ~ EE
                  Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
                  Wandless Magic Practice ~ A
                  Wandlore Studies ~ EE

NEWT SCORES
                  Astronomy ~ A
                  Charms ~ O
                  Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ O
                  History of Magic ~ O/i]
                  Transfiguration ~ EE
                  Healing ~ EE
                  Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
                  Wandless Magic ~ A
                  Wandlore Studies ~ EE

CURRENT EMPLOYMENT Historian (pending)

DREAM JOB Historian

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              ■ BOOKISH Kiley is completely devoted to books, often times getting lost in them and ignoring the world around her. She loves to read, and prefers a book to human interaction in most situations.
              ■ CLEVER Kiley has always been quick to figure out and understand things. She is extremely intelligent, even for her age, excelling in her schoolwork with ease.
              ■ ACCEPTING Kiley tends to tolerate practically everything that happens to her. She lets events unfold around her rather than forcing them to happen.
              ■ QUIET Kiley is the quieter counterpart of her twin sister. She doesn't like to put herself out and meet new people, tending to tag along with her sister and make friends through association. Kiley prefers being alone or with a very small group of people than being in a larger crowd.
              ■ TRUSTING Kiley tends to believe most of what her sister tells her, unless she can prove it wrong scientifically. She is extremely gullible as well, even going as far as doing her sister's chores if she is persuaded to do them.
              ■ CREATIVE Kiley has a knack for writing, mostly non-fiction, and has always loved history. She can easily reciprocate what she's read and uses this to aid in her studying. She also enjoys researching. Kiley tends to think outside of the box, so to speak.

Writing
                  Helping Mom in the library
                  Anime and Manga
                  Oranges

DISLIKES
                  Large crowds
                  Loud noises
                  Puppets
                  Lemonade
                  Folded corners in books

HOBBIES
                  Reading
                  Researching, specifically history
                  Writing

STRENGTHS
                  Quick to learn
                  Perceptive

WEAKNESSES
                  Gullible
                  Can be completely consumed by a book

FEARS
                  Puppets
                  Losing her family

PATRONUS Pug

xxxH I S T O R Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              CHILDHOOD Kiley was born to a single mother, along with her twin sister, Kimberly. Not much is known about her birth parents, but what was recorded in her orphanage paperwork was nothing short of tragic. Kiley and Kimberly's mother was assaulted one night on the streets of London, the aftermath resulting in the woman's pregnancy. For an unknown reason, the woman chose to keep her child, believing she could overcome that brutal night by raising the child. However, when one child turned out to be two, she found herself overwhelmed. Because she couldn't handle caring for her daughters, the woman dropped them off at Wool's Orphanage in London when they were only four months old. Growing up in the orphanage, Kiley found herself relying on her sister for most things, and grew found of reading and learning. She easily excelled in her schoolwork. When Kiley was six, she accidentally made the words from her book leap off the page and swirl around the room. The only one who saw it was Kimberly, but it still caught them both by surprise. Since then, only a few other outbursts had happened, up until her eleventh birthday when a man visited her and her sister to tell them that they were witches. Witches! They could do magic, and would be attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry next fall. Kiley was excited to learn about all of these new spells and charms. In July of the next year, a woman visited her and her sister at the orphanage, looking to adopt. After finding out about their magic, the woman, Germaine Umber, adopted them both on the spot. Now Kiley had her sister, a new mom, and an exciting school to look forward to.

SCHOOL YEARS
                  FIRST YEAR Kiley's first year at Hogwarts was just as exciting as she imagined it to be. She was sorted into Ravenclaw, as she expected, while Kimberly was put in Gryffindor, again as she expected. Most of her classes came easily to her, with the exception of Flying, Potions and Herbology, but her favorite by far was Charms. She loved the spellwork involved, and loved using her wand as much as possible. Most of her time outside of class was spent in the library, helping her mother. She did attend the Valentine's Masquerade Ball, however, which was fun. She dressed the same as her sister did, only in a different color, because Kim wanted to trick people. It didn't work out in the end, but she still had fun chatting with some of her classmates.
                  SECOND YEAR During her second year, Kiley decided to join the Dueling Club, mostly because her sister wanted her to have something else to occupy her time. Because Kimberly joined the Quidditch team and would have to go to all of her practices and such, Kiley would be left on her own, so joining a club was the best thing she could come up with to get out of her common room and out to meet new people. She enjoyed the meetings and learned a lot about dueling, spellwork and wand handling. Otherwise, the remainder of the year was spent studying, helping her mother in the library and attending Kimberly's Quidditch games.
                  THIRD YEAR Kiley's Third Year at Hogwarts was spent doing even more studying than last year. She doubled her work load with new elective classes, most of which she is enjoying. Other than that, most of her friends seemed to have a lot of drama happen to them, leaving Ki to watch from the sidelines. Aimee started dating a jerk from her house in the year ahead of her, and Leon nearly beat the guy to death. If she had to guess, that was why Colin and Di were acting weird around each other at the Sorting Feast as well. She tried her best to just be there for her friends, since the world seemed to be crashing down around them all.
                  FOURTH YEAR Kiley spent most of her fourth year at Hogwarts prepping for her OWLs. She did, however, find a new love for manga novels and anime, thanks to Colin. Her mother also gave her and Kimberly cellphones to use while they were visiting friends and "out on the town" and such. Overall, it wasn't an exciting year.
                  FIFTH YEAR Kiley spent her fifth year doing some final prepping for her OWL exams, watching Quidditch games with or for her sister, when she was playing instead of watching with her, and attending Dueling Club meetings. She was enjoying the club, finding it rather practical to learn how to duel and defend yourself. However, not everything was great for her. Her sister had been promoted to Vice Captain and given the title of Prefect, while Kiley earned no honors. It was a petty, selfish thing, but she was jealous of her twin. It seemed like everything was falling into place for Kimberly, while Kiley stood in the background and watched. Hopefully next year would be better... and maybe her OWL scores would be better than her twins?
                  SIXTH YEAR Kiley relaxed a bit during her sixth year. She took a break from studying and worked on some research projects she had been putting off. She also did some spell practice for Dueling Club, and went to a few of the Quidditch games. Other than that, Ki didn't do much. It was a quiet year for her.
                  SEVENTH YEAR With Kimberly in a funk about getting kicked from the Quidditch team, Kiley did everything she could do to cheer her sister up. She spent as much time with her as she could, studying for their NEWTs and going to Dueling Club together. By the end of the year, Kiley felt as if it had passed too quickly and that she didn't get to really enjoy it, but Kim seemed a bit happier to be finally graduating, so she could deal with it. They were moving on to bigger and better things.

POST GRADUATION Information

xxxR E L A T I O N S H I P S xxxxxxxxxxxxx
              FAMILY Kimberly Umber (twin sister), Germaine Umber (adopted mother)
              FRIENDS Kimberly Umber, Brandon Davenport, Claire Wilson, Diantha Warlow, Colin Beckett, Raymond Yuko, Amelia McHalen, Leon McGregor, Nicole Lovette, Catheryn Blake, Colton Overton, Connor Overton
              BEST FRIEND Kimberly Umber, Claire Wilson, Diantha Warlow
              ROMANTIC INTEREST Colin Beckett (crush)
              ENEMIES None
              PETS A kitten named Eos. x

COLOR 1 = #BF5FFF
COLOR 2 = #FFDF00
COLOR 3 = #FC89AC
COLOR 4 = #E0B0FF

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200