Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm
Hello everyone!

Lately I have been inspired by the people around me. The ones who don't give up and try to make a difference. Everyone has different means to trying to bring more positive happenings into the world. And here is my attempt. Even if it is just among a small group of people online who have built a community together, we can make a difference one smile at a time! Pockettu prizes might be awarded but honestly I shouldn't have to bribe you guys for you to do good in your life~ <3

Interested? Great! Keep on reading below for more information <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm
The Task

To do one good thing a day. I'm not asking anyone to stop a speeding train or take a bullet for some stranger on the street. What I'm asking is to do something you usually wouldn't. See someone walking to the door you're exiting or going to enter? Take the five seconds to wait and keep that door open for them. See an elderly person trying to reach something [or anyone for that matter] on that top shelf which you know you can easily reach? Help them. When your parents, loved one, co-worker, friend, etc, asks you to do something you really don't want to such as taking out the trash, washing the dishes, etc, just get up and complete the task. Don't complain about it because complaining only makes the task drag on even longer. Just get it done and over with then those filthy dishes and you can duke it out another day. Even something as small a brief smile to someone as you pass them can encourage more smiles!

You shouldn't be out there trying to shove your opinions, beliefs, or forcing people to change. That isn't the point here. What you should be doing is through your actions encourage others to do good in their life. Subtly.

I'll give an example that happened to me yesterday. Holding a door open for someone, especially when you're someone younger holding it open for an older person, is not expected. I usually have a frown on my face and generally seem hard to talk too, until you actually speak to me. Anyways, I was walking into a store and I saw a mother and her young daughter approaching. I took the time to hold the door open for them and let them enter. The mother for a moment looked at me, mouth agape and just smiled, thanking me and headed inside. It was a nice feeling to know I did something she did not expect and even if she did expect it, that doesn't make a difference to me and I would hold the door open again with no problems.

I will not lie - I am one of the most cynical people out there. I always think people do things to get something they want. And everyone in this world would be lying if they said they didn't have some type of motive behind their actions. Whether it be self gain or just wanting to help there is a motive. Now - the motive here? To do good and encourage others to do the same through those actions as stated before. Not everyone you help will be grateful. Some will complain and be mean to you. Some will thank you a thousand fold. Some won't even care or notice. And that is perfectly okay. There's going to be days when you don't want to help anyone and again, that is okay! Just try. Even if its one day out of the week or month or year, to know that one day - just one - you made a different for a second in someone's life is nice. Imagine if everyone did it? I'll wait a moment... Now... Yeah, wouldn't that be nice?  

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 pm
We're not Alone - Here's my story

There's thousands of people out there doing good. There's people that try everyday to take small steps to making everyday life a little nicer and more tolerable. Since I began working late 2011, I began to try and help people. At first I didn't think of it. I didn't really care. I thought I was just doing my job. I was just being myself. I've always been told I'm a nice person, I like to help others, that I'm thoughtful. I never thought of myself that way. I always see myself in a negative light.

The other day a lady came into the store and asked me where we had the dancing solar flowers. I told her where they were located and she was ecstatic and began to tell me her reason for getting them. Now if you know me, I don't really pay much mind to what people tell me. My job isn't to listen to your problems or events in your life. But I humor people and let them talk to me, sometimes all we need is just someone to talk to. She told me she bought one for this elderly person once and they were so happy, their face lit up. So she wanted to get more. She works for meals on wheels while she is under disability. She told me how she tries to do one good thing every day. The only thing she wanted in return was for others to do good as well. I won't go into the rest of the story since I don't know how much of her personal health is true or not. I'm not the type of believe every sob story I hear, but her acts of kindness did stand out to me.

She looked at me when she was leaving and smiled. She told me she knows I will do good in life - my smile told her all she needed to know about me. She didn't say it to my boss, which surprised me. But singled me out and told me that I will do good. Silly little thing to remember but I sat down and thought about it on my drive home. A week or so ago I messaged a long time friend and thanked them for always finding ways to contact me through out the years and keep in touch. She replied and thanked me for always being so honest and saying what was needed to be said and not what she wanted to hear. That it helped her so much. I began thinking of my grandmother noticing how helpful I was when my grandpa was in the nursing home. My boss stating I'm a hard worker and how much I care for my family. Perhaps this stranger, who I never met before, was right. Perhaps by her saying it prompted me to think about it. Prompted me to question things and open my own eyes. Or maybe its just a coincidence. But I see no harm in it at all. Making people smile has always made me happy.

I guess to make a long story short she inspired me to turn to other people I care about and ask them to help me achieve her wish. Let us all do one good thing as often as we can. And maybe we'll learn some things about life along the way.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:55 pm
Honorable Mentions

Things fellow Pockettu goers have done that really stand out to myself and the staff! <3

Nothing yet... but here's hoping for some awesome things!

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 pm
Now if you'd like to join our little cause and help bring smiles to life around us, post the following code and begin to share your experiences!

[align=center][size=15][color=hotpink]I, username, promise to try and help out![/color][/size][/align]

Remember - I'm not asking for anything major. It's the little things in life that make the greatest impacts. Saying please and thank you, holding doors open, helping people reach things in stores or if you see someone drop something pick it up for them and hand them their things, etc. There's so many ways we can make a difference. And to us it might seem like nothing - you might already do these things. If so, that's great and keep on doing them! But to someone else it could mean the difference between the most shittest day ever and one that was pretty shitty but there was some hope that the world hasn't gone to hell.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:57 pm
People Trying to Make a Difference

* F a l l a c y
* Anthro!Sparky
* TanuKyle
* [X]Natty-Chan[X]
* iSexy_Goddess  

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:58 pm
F a l l a c y
F a l l a c y
Just in case~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:59 pm
F a l l a c y
F a l l a c y
F a l l a c y
Just in case~

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:07 pm
You're free to post!

I, F a l l a c y, promise to try and help out!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:12 pm
I, Anthro!Sparky, promise to try and help out!

Starting with tonight, I'll be telling my gma to relax on the couch while I cook dinner. She's been cooking this entire week since gpa's been gone hunting.  

SpaceDadDisapproves
Captain

Territorial Partner

25,075 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Married 100
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm
I, username, promise to try and help out!

I try to do this stuff anyway, haha. Good karma and all that. Today my good deed was holding doors open for someone, and helping someone who was lost at the hospital.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm
I, [X]Natty-Chan[X], promise to try and help out!

I will try not to upset my dad too much, especially now that his last check from his old job came and he is struggling to find work  

[X]Natty-Chan[X]

Floppy Sex Symbol

iSexy_Kitten

Sexy Kitten

26,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:48 pm
I, iSexy_Goddess, promise to try and help out!

I too have become very esceptic and hard shelled lately due to some shitty things done to me and my family, but I still on some ocasions try to be nice or do good things for others. I know most of my gray days were lit up by some random smile or nice gesture from strangers, so yeah I'll try and do some good every day.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:28 pm
I'm so happy to hear people already try to do good things <333 Keep at it everyone 8'3!  

acyfaust
Crew

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Lady Within

Demonic Lunatic

15,800 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 pm
I, Lady Within, promise to try and help out!

I love this, it is indeed even the smallest things to make other people happy, that can make you happy as well. Since I'm not very social I haven't been the best at doing what I used to be able to do. Right now I'm just gonna try my best to help Akki cope with the loss of his Aunt and make my kid laugh ^_^  
10 // Recyling

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff