Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Whomping Willow (Trash)
Kasdeja de Assi ~ Accepted (5) *On Hold*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:14 pm
Hi, my name is Kasdeja Allen de Assi

But I mostly go by Kasdeja, or to closer acquaintances, Kas. On some occasions, I get called Deja as well. That's pronounced De-hah, but De-ja or De-hah, it doesn't really make much of a difference with me.

I'm a
male

I'm 15 years old.

My birthday is October 17, 2012

My dream job is
a healer, or perhaps a potioneer. I'd also love to be a writer one day or an artist-- perhaps as a sideline or a hobby. Something along those lines.

My blood status is Pureblood, with Veela ancestry on my mother's side, even if the colouring isn't the most obvious in my appearance.

This is my fifth year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Ravenclaw

I'm interested in
men.

I'm currently with no one, really.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
interesting, I suppose.

— For an 11-year-old, Kasdeja is more mature in his ways of thought as opposed to those of his age group due to his history. He is intelligent—exceptionally so, but does not exercise it as often as you would think he would. He prefers to observe rather than participate and stay in the background rather than be shone upon by a social spotlight. It is surprisingly easy for him to ‘disappear,’ so to speak, in a room, a quality he uses greatly to his advantage. Kasdeja is quiet, but not shy, and does not mind the company of others though he does prefer solitude slightly more to the former. This is may be attributed to the fact that the things he relates to have not occurred to his usual companions yet. He is polite, not nice, as that is a privilege reserved only for those he holds close or takes a liking to, and apathetic to others in general. With regards to those he holds close, he is unendingly loyal and often consenting to their wishes and whims and develops a great fondness and protectiveness for them. To those he trusts well, he shows a different side of himself, coming off as coy, playful and teasing. He is not easily angered, but on the rare occasions that he is, it takes the form of a razor-sharp, cold, cutting-edged verbal lashing. When faced with situations and decisions, he weighs the pros and cons of each side regardless of the matter at hand— a habit he occasionally regrets. Not one to act on impulse, even when others are on the line, he is considered selfish by many who encounter him at these times. He begs to differ, though, simply stating it as a more developed sense of self-preservation than others. He is capable of resorting to alternative measures to counter a disadvantageous situation, even at his young age, though he does try not to make it a habit, since he is not completely immune to the guilt and other emotions that accompany the results of his ruthlessness. He is rarely violent, is very strong-willed and extremely accepting of many things and is unafraid to speak his opinion and have his say in matters, especially if they concern him, regardless of whether it is inappropriate or not. Overall. He is a difficult person and at first glance, an observably antisocial character.—

My background story is
:
As the last remaining de Assi— barring the corporeal and semi-corporeal existence of Donovau de Assi, lovingly known as Madam Bao— Deja is the Little Lord of the House of de Assi and has full possession of all of its property and material and otherwise wealth with his cousin acting in steward for it until he is legally of age and old enough to live on his own. The details of his position in this situation are sketchy at most, but assuredly solid in its foundations. Kasdeja has lead a privileged and pleasant childhood before the demise of his parents at his unfortunate age.

Aside from their very sizable wealth-- and height, the de Assis also developed over time and generations a very susceptible immunity to sickness. It does not manifest in every generation, but as it manifested in Kasdeja's grandfather and father, the late de Assi patriarch saw fit to assume that his male offspring would develop it too. Not wanting he or his future son to suffer the same fate his father did, the former Lord dug through the family literature and discovered a recipe for an all-cure. Due to its promising look and not having much of a choice, the Lord brewed it and administered it to himself on a regular basis. And it worked. With good intentions, he administered it to his spouse as well when they had married and continued to do so even when she was with child. Naturally, Kasdeja was given the concoction as soon as possible as well. What they did not know was that as the potion healed the body, it destroyed the mind. The potion's deadly effects were made known when Kasdeja's father passed away when he was 9, perfectly healthy and hopelessly insane. Upon receiving the news, his mother immediately stopped their consumption of the potion and watched his mother slowly fade away afterwards. Seeing as stopping of the potion was out of the question and taking into account the very young age he began the poison, Kasdeja has resigned to taking the brew until it brings about his demise. Due to his early start on the potion, the stopping of the intake would bring about his fading, as what happened with his mother. Continued intake, though would also result in an early death, would provide him with a lengthier lifespan than if he simply stopped.** The young Lord de Assi has come to terms with his brief lifespan--- he is not expected to live past the age of 35--- and situation at his very young age. Watching the comeabout of his parents' demise has matured him to a point much further than is expected of his person. Legally under the care of his older cousin Jaime on his mother's side of the family and raised and instructed by the family phantom, Donovau de Assi-- one of the first de Assis in existence-- Kasdeja was properly brought up in the ways of his station, with the inclusion of Madam Bao's teachings of acceptance and the ways of harmony (purely of her own creation, of course,) until he received his letter from Hogwarts.

I enjoy
writing, people-watching, fruits in general, all kinds of food, sandwiches, glass bottles and sand.

I despise physical dirtiness, overly curious people, busybodies, overconfidence and bittergourd.

I'm afraid of
dying alone.

My strengths are that I am versatile individual and a persevering one.

My flaws are
I'm not often inclined to do my best if I don't find it in my interest to do so. I'm willing to settle for just average unless I have a particular drive to motivate me to do otherwise.

I look like

Year 1

Year 2

Year 3

Year 4

Year 5

Year 6

Year 7

AG

My wand is a smooth, supple 13 1/2 inches, yew, with a Veela Hair core.

My pet is a eagle owl named Praline.

** The extremely early intake-- since he was inside his mother's womb-- would have rendered his immune system dependent on the potion and taking it away would cause it to collapse on itself at a more serious rate than his mother did, which was already serious. The continued use is the lesser of two evils that Kasdeja has at his disposal. In addition, the potion itself is not addictive, it is the effects that make it so.

~Utsuha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:27 am
Kasdeja de Assi's List of Knowledge

Astronomy
First Year
Names of Planets [✔]
Movements of Planets [✔]
Names of Stars (Including Sun) [✔]
Names of Constellations [✔]

Second Year
Mercury [ ✔]
Venus [ ✔]
Earth [ ✔]
Earth's Moon [ ✔]

Third Year
Mars [ ]
Jupiter [ ]
Great Red Spot [ ]
Jupiter's Moons [ ]

Fourth Year
Saturn [ ]
Saturn's Rings [ ]
Titan [ ]
Uranus [ ]

Fifth Year
Neptune [ ]
Triton [ ]
Comets [ ]
Meteorites [ ]
Asteroids [ ]

Sixth Year
Black Holes [ ]
Supernovas [ ]

Charms
First Year
Wingardium Leviosa [✔]
Lumos [✔]
Incendio [✔]
Spongify [✔]

Second Year
Skurge [✔ ]
Aresto Momentum [ ✔]
Flame-Freezing Charm [ ✔]
Locomotor [ ✔]

Third Year
Cheering Charm [ ]
Carpe Retractum [ ]
Glacius [ ]
Cushioning Charm [ ]

Fourth Year
Accio [ ]
Depulso [ ]
Engorgio [ ]
Reducio [ ]

Fifth Year
Silencio [ ]
Dancing Feet [ ]
Reducto [ ]
Reparo [ ]

Sixth Year
Aguamenti [ ]
Repleo [ ]
Avis [ ]
Colour Change Charm [ ]

Defence Against the Dark Arts
First Year
Curse of the Bogies [✔]
Knockback Jinx [✔]
Hinkypunks [✔]
Lumos/Nox [✔]

Second Year
Finite/Incantatem [ ✔]
Pixies [ ✔]
Kappa [ ✔]
Expelliarmus [ ✔]

Third Year
Glacius [ ]
Boggart/Riddikulus [ ]
Confundus [ ]
Protego [ ]

Fourth Year
Red Caps [ ]
Stupefy [ ]
Grindylows [ ]
Vampires [ ]

Fifth Year
Dementor [ ]
Impediment Jinx [ ]
Reducto [ ]
Werewolves [ ]

Sixth Year
Using spells non-verbally [ ]
Inferius [ ]
3 Unforgivable Curses [ ]
Incarcerous [ ]
Fianto Duri [ ]

Flying
First Year
Broom Commands [✔]
Mounting [✔]
Developing a Broom Bond [✔]

Herbology
First Year
Spiky Bushes [✔]
Umbrella Flowers [✔]

Second Year
Mandrakes [ ✔]
Mimbulus Mimbletonia [ ✔]
Spiky Prickly Plants [ ✔]

Third Year
Fire Seed Bushes [ ]
Puffapods [ ]
Venomous Tentaculas [ ]

Fourth Year
Bouncing Bulbs [ ]
Bubotubers [ ]
Whomping Willows [ ]

Fifth Year
Devil's Snare [ ]
Screechsnaps [ ]
Self-fertilising shrubs [ ]

Sixth Year
Snargaluffs [ ]

History of Magic
First Year
History of Hogwarts [✔]
The Chamber of Secrets [✔]
History of Brooms [✔]

Second Year
Ollivander family [ ✔]
The Deathly Hallows [ ✔]
Beedle the Bard [ ✔]

Third Year
Muggle witch burnings [ ]
Nicolas Flamel [ ]
Newt Scamander [ ]

Fourth Year
Herpo the Foul [ ]
Tom Riddle/Voldemort [ ]

Fifth Year
Albus Dumbledore [ ]
Harry Potter [ ]

Sixth Year
First Wizarding War [ ]
Second Wizarding War [ ]

Potions
First Year
Forgetfulness Potion [✔]
Boil-Cure Potion [✔]
Wiggenweld Potion [✔]

Second Year
Hair-Raising Potion [ ✔]
Girding Potion [ ✔]
Swelling Solution [ ✔]

Third Year
Shrinking Solution [ ]
Antidotes [ ]
Undetectable Poisons [ ]

Fourth Year
Amortentia [ ]
Hiccoughing Solution [ ]
Wit-Sharpening Potion [ ]

Fifth Year
Draught of Peace [ ]
Strengthening Solution [ ]
Polyjuice Potion [ ]

Sixth Year
Everlasting Elixirs [ ]
Felix Felicis [ ]
Draught of Living Death [ ]
Elixir to Induce Euphoria [ ]

Transfiguration
First Year
Match to needle [✔]
Snail to Teapot [✔]
Mouse to Snuffboxes [✔]
Teacup to Rat [✔]

Second Year
Beetle Buttons [ ✔]
Avifors [ ✔]
Fera Verto [ ✔]
Rabbit Slippers [ ✔]

Third Year
Teapot to tortoise [ ]
Chair to cat [ ]
Hedgehog to pincushion [ ]
Lapifors [ ]

Fourth Year
Draconifors [ ]
Guinea fowl to guinea pig [ ]

Fifth Year
Evanesco [ ]

Sixth Year
Owl to opera glasses [ ]
Basic self transfiguration [ ]
Human or animal [ ]

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:04 am
Logbook

First Year

- - - Different, is what I would describe it as. Academic-wise, fairly easy-- nothing was too much of a problem and the few issues I had had concerning my situation were smoothed out properly. Socially? It was an almost culture-shock. I doubt I've interacted with this many people at once before. It was a different experience. Not bad, just different. It would have gone over well, if not for that festival. I don't think I'll be forgetting that anytime soon. I still have a nice bit missing from my shoulder. Thankfully, it doesn't look too bad.

The Whomping Willow (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games