Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The night was heavy with secrets, the air warm and the moon faint in the sky. There was a subdued nature to the Swamp, the cicadas falling away into the background, not loud enough to force their way into the forefront. Fireflies drifted lazily in the air, rested on trees, and blinked away like stars came down to light the Swamp with their warm glow. In this night walked a doe with a bird held in her mouth. It was long cold and while the scent of blood clung to it, it did not permeate the air or lend any warmth. The taste of blood blossomed on her tongue as the bird swayed with her steps, but otherwise, there was a distinct lack of violence to the scene, just a gentle finality.

Last Night was following the sound of running water as she wound her way around trees and through underbrush. As the water became closer and closer, the air took on a cooler turn, a threading freshness and bite that wound its way through the weight of the warm air. The smell of the Swamp and the promise of cold water mingled with the scent of blood in her nose. When she finally broke through into a clearing the stream was there, if she believed in these things, waiting. As it was, she did not believe the streams could wait or that trees could speak, though they could be understood.

She walked up to the edge of the stream and placed the bird gently upon the Swamp floor before dipping her down to drink, letting the blood curl away from her tongue to be replaced by water. She drank deeply, her eyes serene and limbs relaxed. Shadowed in the dark night, she stood there, there for nobody but herself.

Blinded by Silence
And there's Last Night. This was a little more difficult to write than I anticipated... But hopefully it's enough set up for you to work off of.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There she was, moonlight shimmering on the silvery white of her coat and dancing off of each and every color of her beautiful rainbow. A buck, young and simple, just like the rest eagerly leaped after her, swallowing her with his eyes. Her giggles, so often practiced only the truly skilled could hear their emptiness, flittered about in the night sky. A sway of her tail, the wink of an eye, he was hers, no doubt. Her heart thundered in her chest, her mind raced as she tried to lose herself in this game she played. She was loving it.

Or was she?

Her step faltered and Distorting the Mist, or Past the Array as she was calling herself now days, stumbled in her moment of hesitation. Her ankle gave a dull throb, a reminder of an old wound that sent a similar throb to her heart.

What would Haze say if he saw me acting this way? What if- No, NO!

She shook her head and laughed it off, taking the moment to rest her head against the dull buck's muscled neck and listen to the heart she would soon be breaking. She looked up at him, orange eyes shining like a doe with her first love and whispered with a grin of false shyness.

"Here, this way. I know this clearing that will do just wonderfully."

And so she lead him, as she had so many others, pushing past the brush into one of her many hiding spots. A clearing, with a bubbling stream and a view of the stars above them. With a sigh, her nose pressed agianst his neck, her breath lingering at his ear, her foreleg crossing his, she pressed herself close to him. He responded in kind, lowering his head to hers and then, suddenly... He stopped. He stepped back, ears down, clearing his throat. The fog snapped clear in her mind and her eyes followed his gaze. Her face soured, anger flashed in her eyes.

Of course, he would be a shy one. Young bucks. Ugh.

A little voice in her mind sighed in relief but she growled it away and phased back into character. Disguising her growl by clearing her throat, as if to get the doe's attention, she smiled. And threw clenched teeth, she addressed the voice and the doe alike.

"Excuse me? Would you mind?"

Amorpheous
I know what you mean, it's been so long since I've played her. It was a little difficult getting back into character with her.

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:10 pm
Last Night was taking in a mouthful of water when the pair pushed into the clearing. The bird partially eaten, splayed open into a glistening, morbid display of viscera and violence that seemed like nothing more than nature and simplicity to Last Night, lay beside her. She was rationing her bites with water, savoring the taste of clear water and deep blood, two offerings from the Swamp that she accepted with an easy gratitude. She had heard the coming, but had not made to move, thinking it inconsequential to stay since she could not assume that they were headed for this clearing or if they were merely approaching the vicinity. So she had continued her meal in silence, contemplating the low song of the cicadas and the moonlight that managed to light up this clearing where the trees turned the Swamp to darkness elsewhere. Even just a slender waif of a moon in comparison to the possible fullness, the moon was a pale, bright light indeed.

So when the pair entered the clearing, her only move was the swallow the mouthful of water she had already drawn into her mouth and begin to take another drink. She could not be mistaken for an embarrassed doe, apparently unconcerned with what might be occurring behind her. In fact, she was distinctly unashamed. She did not move, not because she thought she could lay claim to the clearing by simple virtue of being there first, but because she did not believe that a claim could be laid. One, two, or three, the clearing remained the same, immutable in concept even as it changed in physicality. She did not even look at the pair until the doe spoke. Last Night raised her head, gaze leading the movement of her head. She glanced at them, with her soft, distant gaze, for a moment before nodding her head. “Of course. If you will just let me finish.”

She tilted her head at the water before returning to her drink. It did not matter much that she was asked to relocate. Certainly, though she was unfazed, she could not begrudge another for the want of privacy that Last Night felt little need for. Though she did seek it for her partners, for ultimately, it was about them and very little about her, so should they need it, she supplied it affectionately, a token of her regard.

Blinded by Silence
In general I find starting harder than replying, though I'm usually not overly troubled by Last Night.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.But the buck was already backing away, lowering his eyes shyly.

"I-I'm sorry. Perhaps we could do this again some other time?"

Anger boiled within her, and without thinking, Mirage turned and snapped at the buck, her disguise completely dissolving to reveal the old, haggard doe that was slowly falling apart.

"Get out of here!" She growled, breathing heavily. And away he went, running with his tail tucked between his legs.

Moments dragged by, with her chest heaving, and rancor burning through her veins. At last, she turned and stepped her way up to the doe, ignoring the voice inside that bid her to leave.

"See? See what you've done?!" She snarled angrily.

Amorpheous
I don't know why I took so long with these, I'm sorry! Dx

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash