Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pocket Explorers

Back to Guilds

Official guild for the B/C shop Pocket Explorers! 

Reply [Game Corner] → Games and Events → [BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT]
Back to School RP Contest!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vethrfolnir
Vice Captain

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:29 pm
User Image

User Image

Nidorina and Banette RP Contest!
This RP contest will last until the end of the event, September 26th. It's FREE and open to EVERYONE! For this contest, you can work together with someone else. It's up to you what kind of relationship these two have, if any at all!

RP Prompt Rules:
You get to choose which guilds these two belong to!
You CAN try out for both Nidorina and Banette, but you must answer one prompt for each of them!
There CAN be a collaboration for the prompt.
Do not guilt trip others.
We will not accept late entries. The contest ends on September 26th, 11 PM EST. Do not post new entries or edit your entry after that time!
You may not proxy for someone else.

To enter, reply to one of the following prompts and fill out the form accordingly:

Nidorina Prompts:
1. The Steel Woods are cold, grey, and dark. Off the beaten path, all sorts of vile criminals lurk within the harsh, unforgiving landscape. Everyone in Armonia knows that. And yet, for some reason, Nidorina ignored the warnings and entered the woods anyway. Why? How did she get there? How will she get out?

2. Long ago, Nidorina made a promise to another Pokemon. The memory is faded now, but the promise remains clear. What was that promise? Who was the Pokemon? And is the promise something she intends to keep?

Banette Prompts:
1. Trade routes are the busiest areas in Armonia. With so many people coming in and out of town each day, it's common to meet some interesting folks... and by 'interesting folks', Banette thinks of them more along the lines of 'easy targets'. What exactly do Banette's schemes entail? How did he end up in this line of work?

2. Long ago, Banette extracted a favor from another Pokemon. Who was this Pokemon, and what was this favor, exactly? Was it an innocent promise, or something he intended to turn to his benefit?

Form:

[b]Username:[/b] (Your name here, both entrants if collaborating!)
[b]Entering For:[/b] (Nidorina or Banette, if collaborating PLEASE specify who is entering for who!)
[b]Pokemon Name:[/b] (Nidorina's or Banette's Name)
[b]Guild:[/b] (BBRG, MOPA, GTA)
[b]Prompt Number:[/b] (One or Two)

[b]Response:[/b] IN WHICH THINGS HAPPEN

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:28 pm
Username: SilverLutz
Entering For: Nidorina
Pokemon Name: Freunde
Guild: BBRG
Prompt Number: Two

Response:

Freunde grumbled softly to herself as she washed her ribbons in a stream not far from her current assignment location. She had been successful in helping dig out a baby Taillow from a deep but narrow Diglett tunnel, but had gotten very dirty in the process. A bit of dirt was nothing to the sturdy Nidorina, but her ribbons were a completely different story. They were very special to her, and seeing them torn or soiled in any way would get her in a very grumpy mood.

Pale pink in color, they had faded over time. They used to be vibrant and dashing against her blue hide, but their constant wear was starting to show. The ends were just a bit frayed, and she did her best to keep them presentable, but she watched as she washed and couldn't help but frown as a few threads eased their way downstream. Freunde sighed softly and laid the two long pink ribbons out on a dry rock to let them air out, hoping the remaining sunlight would see them at least damp before she had to go.

She reached out a clawed hand to stroke the fabric lovingly, a small smile slipping on to her normally serious face. The memory was faint, but the words that went with it were still clear as day. My little girl...don't ever be ashamed of who you are. Promise me you'll wear these and be proud of them. If she closed her eyes and thought back to her childhood, she could just make out her mother's kind face hovering over her as she tied the ribbons to her neck and ears. There had been three originally, but one had been lost in a scuffle on one of her earlier missions, so she wore them today around her neck and tail, rather than cutting the precious fabric to take up her old style.

The memories came drifting back slowly, of her playing with her brother. A male Nidoran, as healthy as they came...but shiny. A rare coloration, making the normally pink Pokemon blue, and rendering them nearly impossible to tell apart. When they were that young their voices were the same pitch, they were the same size, nearly the same markings, and thanks to her brothers rare genes, the same color. Her poor mother had been at a loss, and had tied the ribbons to Freunde to be able to tell them apart. The little girl had felt as though she was being singled out, to be made a spectacle of since she wasn't shiny as well. When they went out with their mother she would always hide, hating her bows, hating the attention her brother got.

But after a talk with her mother when she was a bit older, she began to understand why she had been given the ribbons. It wasn't a way to mark her as being plain, but for her mother to not only tell them apart, but to remember to pay special attention to her baby girl. Having always wanted to grow up to be like her mother, it empowered Freunde rather than bringing her down once she knew the ribbons were given out of love.

Opening her fuchsia eyes, Freunde gazed down at her ribbons, the fond smile still on her lips. She leaned down to nuzzle the longer one that she wore around her neck, murmuring 'love you, mom' to no one in particular. The sun was setting and the cloth was still a bit damp, but she tied them in place anyway and headed back to her guild to report the success. She'd have to go home soon to pay her mother a visit, she decided as she headed out of the small forest. A memory like that deserved the be reminisced upon with the proper Pokemon.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:56 pm
Username: Kyrieko
Pokemon Name: Lily
Guild: MOPA
Long ago, Nidorina made a promise to another Pokemon. The memory is faded now, but the promise remains clear. What was that promise? Who was the Pokemon? And is the promise something she intends to keep?

Response:
She was startled awake from the nap she'd been taking. The day was warm and the shy nidorina had secluded herself to a small outcropping of flowers to rest. Their scent was comforting and reminded her of someone. She couldn't remember every detail as well, but the scent still calmed her and made her smile as she adjusted the ribbon around her neck.

The ribbon. It had been a gift from a friend she had not seen in some time. What she did remember was being scared out of her wits when they had first met. Something that had amused the other pokemon.

"Why so scared, little nidorina?" He had chuckled, drifting around her in a circle. It made her nervous.

"Y-You... jumped out at me!" She tried to accuse. He just laughed.

"I did, did I? I bet you can be pretty scary~" He teased.

"N-No I couldn't!" Besides, that was just mean!

Lily sat up, rubbing at her eyes before looking around. That's right. It had been while she was picking flowers similar to these when he'd jumped out at her. She just shook her head. He'd tried to show her how to be scary, but she couldn't do it! Too nice, that's what he'd said.

"Promise you'll never take it off, Lily." That smooth and mysterious voice had whispered as the ribbon was tied around her neck. "Let it remind you of me. And that you are strong."

"I... have never taken it off." She said softly, letting a clawed hand brush against it. "And I haven't forgotten you."

She hoped that one day, he'd come back and visit. And she could show him she'd become stronger.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:12 pm
Username: Cajanic
Entering For: Banette
Pokemon Name: Spike
Guild: GTA
Prompt Number: One

Response:

Armonia was a good town. A nice place bustling with activity, with pokemon coming and going every day. It seemed like there were always new faces heading in and out of the place, some off on grand adventures, others just passing through on their own, personal journys. Others were out for their own gain, and didn't cared who they had to step on to get what they wanted. For Spike the Banette, this place was home. Even since he had been small, and living in a foster home with a very kind Gengar named Spite. She had taken him in and raised him as her own, despite having two young Gastly of her own. And he had been grateful for the rood over his head, even if their were times he hadn't shown it. In his youth, he had always been a bit of a pest, roaming on his own and getting into trouble. Tricking the locals, mostly, out of coin and accessory. Yes, he had a knack for swindling those around him, and he knew he could make himself a fortune if he wanted to.

But it had always upset him that his loving mother had never supported his talent. She had always been proud of him, of course, and had said that he had some very amazing skills that few had when it came to communication. But she had also always told him that using his talents to exploit other pokemon was wrong, and that they needed their supplies to keep on living happily. She told him that, because he had come from tough roots where he'd had nothing, he shouldn't put others in a position where they might end up the same. In a way, it made sense, but he had always used his skills to help himself survive. If he didn't need to do that, and he couldn't use them just for gaining more, then what good were they?

The answer came years later, when he was a teenager. His mother had fallen onto some tough times, though she had never told that to her dear children, and had taken a lone with a passing Kecleon. But he charged her extortionate amounts of interest, and demanded more from her than she would ever be able to pay back. When Spike found out, he saw first-hand what his mother had always warned him about. What happened when swindlers got their claws into innocent people.

How it destroyed lives to be so selfish.

At that point, Spike was so enraged he could not stand by and let Spite try and sort things out for herself. Not when he understood how the Kecleon was working. For him, it was easy to see through the scheme. It was all just a game to him, and these tactics were no match against his own prowess in the field of trickery. So he made his plans and involved himself in the Kecleon's business, getting in the way of schemes that would cost innocent pokemon, while making sure the Kecleon lost all his money in the process. He turned the tables on the greedy pokemon, to the point where he was at Spike's mercy. That was when he made him clear the debt of his mother, along with any other pokemon in the town of Armonia, before clearing out of the area for good. No more loans, no more taking innocent beings for wild rides and leaving them with nothing.

When he returned to his home, and told his mother the good news, he finally saw the deep and profound pride in her eyes towards his talents. He had managed to prove he could use his abilities to help pokemon, not hurt them like everyone else with his same skill set.

From that moment on, Banette became a con artist of the good. He used his particular set of talents to chase off any who sought to disrupt the harmony of his town, while robbing them off their good in the process. Shady characters of the pokemon world needed to take heed- they were not alone anymore. One of their own stood against them.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:45 pm
Username: Cajanic
Pokemon Name: Giselle
Guild: MOPA

Response:

Giselle moved through the dungeon with an air of almost tangible trepidation, sluggishly peering around walls and generally taking an extremely cautious approach to exploring the place. She didn't like having to go on missions, or putting herself in potentially dangerous situations, but she knew she didn't have any other choice. While she was afraid and timid, she was also the only one who could stop a murderer. For that to happen, she needed to find the one thing that would grant her all the power in the world- she needed to find a moonstone.

Then she would be able to avenge her parents.

She remembered the day as though it had only happened that morning- she had been a baby, then, nothing more than a hatchlings with a very weak grasp on how the world worked. Hell, she had only just mastered coherent sentences, and still needed to work on walking in a straight line. She hadn't a worry in the world, living with her loving parents in a small house on the outskirts of town. They adored her, and gave her all the love she could ever hope for. She remembered the kind face of her nidorino father, who had always looked just a little bit tired at the end of the day. How he always made time for her, and called her his princess. She remembered the bright, loving eyes of her mother, and how much better she wore the bow that Giselle now kept with her as a grim reminder of what had happened.

One night, just after her father returned home from an exploration with his team, a strange visitor came to the house. He threw open the door and stomped inside, snarling and growling like a wild beast. Giselle could remember him so vividly- he was yellow and black, with a massive set of what looked like jaws extending from his head, almost like a fly trap. He had menacing red eyes that didn't even seem to hold any emotion inside of them.

Her father had tried to fend him off, but none of his poison-type attacks seemed to work on the mad-pokemon. She only came to learn later that it was because the creature had been a steel-type, who had immunity to poison types like herself and her family. He used his powerful jaws to crunch her father like he was just a snack, tossing his limp body to the side as Giselle and her mother screamed and tried to run. But it was no use. Before Giselle knew what was happening, she was sobbing over the body of her mother, who had died protecting her.

The evil pokemon stopped beside her, almost smiling as he watched her sniffle and sob in fear and sorrow. Without much care, he knocked her away from her mother, looming over the body only long enough to pulled what remained of her mother's ripped ribbon from around her neck. He moved over to the little nidoran, bending over the frightened pokemon, who couldn't move in her terror, to place the ribbon around her neck. He grinned at her, giving her a pat on her head.

"You poison types are so pathetic," he chuckled, "thinking you can make a fool out of me! Your father had to pay for that, I hope you understand. But I'm such a nice guy, maybe I won't kill you for his mistake. At least, not yet." He tightened the bow around her neck, positioning it in a way he liked.

"Let this be a little promise- one day, I'll come back to finish the job. You won't know when, but I'll be back." He laughed and moved away from her, heading back for the destroyed entrance. "I can't wait to meet again."

He had left the poor Nidoran alone, then, with the bodies of her dead parents as her only company. For a while, she just cried, until some other townspokes came and discovered the gruesome scene. It took some time, but the crying eventually subsided, and Nidoran became Nidorina. She never took off her ribbon, and she never forgot the pokemon's promise. But what he didn't know was that she had made a promise to herself on that day, too. A promise to meet him in battle and show him she was not afraid. She would get revenge, and her family would not have died in vain. Though it scared her, and she always lived looking over her shoulder, she wouldn't fail her parents. Not when it was so important that she stop the evil spreading from that steel-type. Who knew who else he was hurting.

So she continued her journey through the cave, hoping to find a moon stone. With it, she would be able to evolve and gain a ground-type advantage. Steel types were weak to ground, and that was when she knew she would be able to win.

She would go from princess, to queen.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 pm
Username: Taskaneko
Pokemon Name: Kaosu

Response:

Armonia, a town bustling with trades and activity. Some consider the town to be the perfect spot to set up shop, Kaosu couldn't agree more. Though while others may be thinking of buying and selling, or trading goods fairly, Kaosu thought a bit..."differently". Now it's not like the Banette would go against his word, should he promise something and be beaten by a brain much more intelligent than his own then the Banette would hold true to what he said. However, his quick wits and silver tongue has yet to ever fail him, that added with a bit of quick trickery of course.

Yes, Kaosu could be better seen as that of a con-artist. He lures potential customers to make bets with him through games, lets them win a few times, then entices them with something nice and goes in for the kill robbing the poor souls of anything of value they may have. Kaosu has always lived his life like this moving from one town to another once people began to suspect his tricks. Next town on his list was Armonia, and Kaosu expected great things from it.

Click. Clack. Click. Clack.

Kaosu rolled the two dice in his hands easily as he leaned against a nearby building close to the entrance of the town his red eyes watching the road staring for someone he could easily fool, and the Banette didn't have to wait long. Soon enough a young boy skipped down the road, a bag of candy in town as he licked the lollipop he held in his other hand. Perfect! This Banette was starting to get hungry, and that candy was looking like a fine meal. The sides of his mouth lifted in an eerie smile.

"Hello boy! Want to play a game with me? I promise it will be fun, what do you say?" Kaosu asked giving him a charming wave and presented himself in an easy going manner wanting to gain the boy's trust.

The boy stopped a moment blinking before pointing to himself. "...Me?" he asked hesitantly.

Kaosu nodded lightly, "Yeah, it will be real quick and the game is simple, I'll teach you how to play ok? I have some cool toys and all you have to do is win and you will get one see?" the Banette explained. "Since this is your first try you don't even have to pay to play! It's a win-win situation!" he stated happily.

The boy stood for a moment considering but didn't see any harm in trying if he didn't have to pay anything to try so he nodded and walked over. "Ok how do I play?" He asked curiously.

"Simple!" Kaosu explained, "I will roll these two dice and you call odd, or even. If you guess correctly then you win a prize of your choosing out of my stock. Shall we play?" the Banette questioned.

The boy nodded and Kaosu leaned forward slightly closing his hands on his two dice and hiding them behind his back. "Alright, when you call I'll release the dice," he stated.

"Umm...even!" the boy cried out.

In one swift motion Kaosu flung the dice to the ground and watched as they bounded about the dirt landing on '3' and '5'.

"Ohhh!!! Even! Congrats you got it on your first try!! That's impressive boy!" Kaosu stated before pulling out his items to allow the boy to pick. "As I promised you can have your pick of any of these items...or...." Kaosu paused a moment, "If you are interested in playing double or nothing I also have a few more cool things I could offer. All you would have to do is win again. These prizes are much better than the ones I'm offering now," Kaosu stated.

The boy pause again his hand in mid air ready to take his prize. A better prize? It did certainly peak his interest and he had nothing to lose, "Alright I suppose I can try again." He stated letting his hand fall back to his side.

Kaosu smiled and nodded, "Good choice, good choice. Alright then here we go," Once again Kaosu placed the dice behind his back and rolled them.

"Odd!" The boy shouted eagerly as he watched Kaosu toss the dice out onto the ground once more. The dice rolled and bumped against the rock before landing on a '1' and '6'.

Kaosu blinked as if in surprise. "Oh dear me boy! You've won yet again! You have quite the talent child, very well you may take your selection from my offered wares...unless...no I shouldn't you are much too good at this I would be risking everything..." Kaosu trailed.

This seemed to peak the boy's interest. "What do you mean?" He questioned.

Kaosu pause a moment acting like he didn't want to say anything before sighing. "Well I suppose we could do one more game...if you win I would give you everything I own...but if I did that it you would have to offer me something in return if you lost this time...but with your luck today I doubt I would get anything anyway," he explained.

The boy paused a moment in thought. "I don't know...I don't really have much to offer if I decided to try anyway..." he stated.

"That is a problem...oh! I know, how about your bag of candy? If I lose you can take all of my items, and if you lose I get your candy? You wouldn't lose much this way, and you have far more to gain," Kaosu stated. "If you win again you can sell all my items and buy loads more bags of candy!" he added.

The boy thought a moment eyeing the Bannette before him. "Hmm....I don't know..." he said hesitantly.

"Suit yourself, go ahead and pick your prize then and I'll go find someone else to give all this stuff too," Kaosu added as he began to pack up.

"Wait! Okay I'll do it!" he stated putting his bag of candy in front of them on the ground.

Kaosu nodded excitedly, "Now there is that sense f adventure!! Alright here we go!!" he exclaimed hiding the dice behind his back again and began rolling them.

"Ummm.......odd!!!" the boy stated once more gulping slightly as he grew tense watching the Banette throw the dice. One by one the dice dropped and rolled on the ground the first one stopped quickly on "1" while the second one bounced slightly wobbling on its side. The boy held his breath, eyes wide as he watched the dice tilt before finally landing one '1'. He blinked in surprise before falling to his knees. Even...he should have said even...

"Snake eyes! Looks like your luck ran out boy, tough break. Don't be upset you had a good run, better luck next time okay?" Kaosu stated as he swiped the bag of candy from the ground and the dice along with it before walking away leaving a dazed child behind him wondering what had happened.

Kaosu grinned as he held the candy in one hand, his other hand throwing the dice he picked up. Silly boy, he never would have guess the game was rigged. Kaosu had secretly changed his dice when he heard the boy shout odd. His dice were not normal, they were weighed to land a certain way. He didn't have a single pair of dice, but two separate pairs that he switched behind his back.

Cruel? Maybe, but Kaosu didn't think of it that way. Children always made the perfect targets, they were always up for a game to play, always wanting more. Sure they seemed innocent but Kaosu knew the truth as well. Children could be cruel and it was only justice that the Banette make them suffer. He loved children once, but after being abandoned he knew just how mean they really were. If they didn't want to play with him anymore..then he would just play with them instead.

Grinning Kaosu wandered further into the town his eyes searching for the next "interesting folk" to cross his path.

Taska Neko

Fashionable Phantom

11,325 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Megathread 100

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:43 am
Username: Lithia_Brandon
Pokemon Name: Laerine

Response:
The things she would do for her craft. Sometimes, she thought she was a moron, and other times she thought she was too hard on herself. At the moment, she was wondering if there was a stronger word for moron.

When Nidorina was younger, a little Nidoran, living with her father and brother, she would watch her dad bring food for them to eat and she would wonder what more there was for them. Berries were all well and good, and the occasional Poffin was wondrous, but she had always wondered if there was more to be had. She couldn't blame her dad, a proud and battered Nidoking who traveled from far away to make a home for his family, for not being much of a culinary adventurer: he was too busy taking care of two kids and working for a Rescue Team in an effort to give his kids a solid foundation when it came time for them to live their own lives.

And he had done a good job of it. Nidorina felt like she had grown up to learn all the important things of being a good pokemon. She kept herself strong and aware, and she was always polite to other pokemon and did what she could to help when it was needed. But her calling was not to Rescue Teams, not directly. It always came back to food for her.

She considered herself a chef.

The culinary arts in the pokemon world were... hard to define. It was not like there were books written about it: most were perfectly happy to eat the same things day in and day out. But their world offered so much more than berries, so many vegetables and herbs, and other things that came out of the earth for them to eat but they tended to just ignore. Nidorina was not content with that: she wanted to stretch the taste buds of those she met, and that sometimes meant taking some risks to find herself the most rare and delicious of ingredients.

Enter Steel Woods, and a hearty carrot like vegetable that acted like a heavy protein for a dinner. The strange dirt and twisted trees somehow lead to strong and flavorful foods that were all but one of a kind: no one could replicate the soil here. No one wanted to, as it was not the nicest of places. In fact, any smart Nidorina would stay well away from it. But hey, she wasn't bringing anything worth stealing with her, and no one had any reason to try and get a bounty out of her. Her father was too old and sick to be of use to anyone, and any wealth he had, he had already given to his children.

Laerine was here to get him his favorite vegetable, and to make his favorite meal. It was his birthday today, and he could not leave their home in his age now. It was up to her to take care of him, to return the favor for his long years of taking care of them, and she was going to do just that. No scary wood or threat of bandits was going to stop her from giving him everything he wanted.

He deserved so much more. But for now, a personal chef would do.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:38 pm
Username: Hobo Pixi
Pokemon Name: Makalo
Prompt Number: 2

Response:

The sun was hidden by what few clouds were in the sky. Makalo, a lone banette, was sitting on one of the busiest trade in his booth. This route was highly known to travelers and Makalo was more than enthused when one passed by. Not particularly because of a new face or friend but mainly because they had money. The banette's booth consisted of a couple cups and a die. However the booth, being a table, has three small square holes with plugs under the cups to easily sneak the die into a non-chosen cup with of course using his telekinesis. It was like any other day for Makalo, well until a young Nidoran ♀ wandered by. The banette examined the girl to decide if she was a good target or not. The nidoran was looking around then stopped and looked over to him. Makalo smirked at the girl, "Why hello there. How would you like to play a game and test your luck?" He said invitingly then added, "For just fifty pokè, you could win five-hundred!" The nidoran shook her head, "N-no thanks.....I-I'm too busy looking for something I have lost." she explained as he eyes teared up. "What are you looking for?" He questioned, wondering if it had value so he could steal it. The nidoran looked down and wiped her eyes, "I bought my dear friend a fire stone for her birthdate but while I was in Caterpie Forest.... well I must have dropped it." She told Makalo as she tried to remember where she could have possibly dropped it. "And I'm too scared to go back! That nincada might attack me again!" she added. Makalo grinned, "Well it just so happens that I know quite a bit about that forest... I suppose I could help you if you'd like." he said, knowing that in her desperation that she would accept his help. As he expected, the nidoran's eyes glimmered with hope, "Really?! You'd do that?! Thank you so much!" she said.

Upon entering the forest, Makalo had only slightly wished he didn't offer to help. This nidoran girl wouldn't shut up... she was super annoying. Makalo constantly had to stop her to ask if she remembered anything or at least a general area. Of course she hadn't because she was chatting about like he was her best friend or something. It wasn't long before an angry combee flew towards them. The nidoran went silent while Makalo grinned and prepared to make that bee blast off into an undisclosed area... and so he did. The combee flew out of sight and Makalo continued walking. The nidoran followed close by, "Wow, your really strong!" she said as she looked at her surroundings then stopped dead in her tracks. Banette stopped and looked back at her, "What? Get mud on your paw again?" he questioned with a clearly annoyed tone. Nidoran looked at Makalo, "I-I think I dropped it when I was running from..." she said as her voice trailed into mumbling self talk. "From what?" He asked. "The Butterfree." She answered, "Yes, that must be it!" she added rather pleased with herself. Makalo was relieved, finally he could get this over with.... and start conning others again, not to mention obtaining a rare item! The two continued on towards where she had remembered the butterfree from. The nidoran was.... quiet. Oddly enough, Banette actually wasn't all too comfortable with the silence. It wasn't too long before she spoke though, talking about her friends and such but then she asked something that threw him off guard..... "What's your name?" Was her question. After a not all too long pause, he replied, "You can call me Makalo." Nidoran smiled brightly, "My name is Maxine." She told him in return. Makalo gave her an awkward smile and chuckle, "Oh... uh... nice name?.." he said. Maxine grinned and pointed ahead, "Oh! I think it was over there!" She exclaimed. Makalo knew that she had to be right, after all there was a small beaten path to there.

Makalo and Maxine made their way down the path when three caterpies came out of nowhere! Makalo could see the clearing up ahead and had decided that this would be the best time to get the item first. He dodged the caterpies and ran off ahead, leaving the three angry caterpies to beat on the nidoran. Maxine's eyes just about popped out of her head when she realized she had been left behind. The caterpies all at once started tackling her over and over again. She cried out in not only pain but in betrayal. As Makalo reached the clearing, he looked around for the butterfree. It was sleeping, relaxed on a branch. He could easily sneak by if needed and boy would be need it because right next to it on the ground was the shiny redish stone. Makalo grabbed the item with his telekinesis and brought it to his hands. He was quite pleased of himself and started to head off the back way out. Just as he was about to leave the clearing, he heard Maxine's cry and actually felt.... guilty... awful in fact.

Makalo looked down at the stone and pondered for a little under a minute then put it in his bag. He needed both hands if he was going to help Maxine. He ran off back towards where he had left her and used his attack knock off to knock all the caterpies off of Maxine. He then used shadow claw until all the bugs ran. He looked over to Maxine, panting exhaustively. She was looking at him with tears in her eyes, "You conned me!" she whined as she picked her beaten self up. Makalo didn't say anything at first... he just looked down. "I...I'm sorry.." he told her. "No you're not! YOU JERK!" she screamed at him. "I came back didn't I." He told her. Makalo then looked at her, "If I give back your item....will you make me a promise?" he asked, expecting her to say no and turn him in for thievery. Maxine thought for a minute... "What favor...?" She asked as she once again wiped away her tears. "If I give it back, you have to promise to never tell anyone I helped you or gave back your item......Promise me this and you can have your stone back." he told her. Maxine thought for another minute... He didn't live near her... in fact she would probably never see him again.... and all she had to do was not say anything. "Deal..." she said; after all, she was embarrassed enough for losing the item in the first place. Makalo smirked and gave her item back then Maxine put it in her bag.

The walk back to the trade route was nothing short of awkward and as soon as t their separate ways. Maxine headed to her friend's house and Makalo went back to his booth that he was going to pack up to move to a different route.  

Hobo Pixi

Divine Demigod

17,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tipsy 100

Vethrfolnir
Vice Captain

Timid Cat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:15 pm
Thank you everyone for your wonderful entries! It was very difficult choosing between them!

SilverLutz
Congratulations, you won Nidorina! When you're ready, please post her information in the certing thread!

Cajanic
Congratulations, you won Banette! When you're ready, please post his information in the certing thread!

[Game Corner] → Games and Events → [BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games