Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling
<P> Visiting the Resting King (Endi / Harmy / Puppy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:21 am
Original Here

Syrie
The peacefully resting Dragon King rose on all fours and stretched, cat-like, before padding over to his Changed Lord. "Of course I am with you." Sapphire eyes looked up and down at the chappish outfit his Lord wore, the unfamiliar form with the familiar eyes; maybe some of the other deities would have realized that it was Creation with Silence and Yu, but not all...and certainly not the Market-goers!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.HE awaited the Beastial-King's response, smiling as the beast rumbled it's assent and came over so that Harmodius might lean upon his furred form. Certainly there were little kernals of 'business', seeded in the back of his mind as there were those thoughts within Creation's own, but Silence was determined to not be stuck upon something that needed action more than words.

Besides, Harmodius was looking dapper and there was a Marketplace to see! Or a Library, if he so wished, but with the general group that passed hours there likely would have recognized (or suspected that it was) Harmodius in present company. "Shall we go now?" Once more his wings faded from view, unneeded for emotion or sight.

Ivynian
User Image.

Harmodius laced his right hand up into the great furry of the dragon's neck, gripping the mane for balance and leaning on the massive muscles of the Emblem Pillar's neck for support.
"Now is as good a time as any to enforce something like leisure on hours that are meant for that purpose. "

As they processed out of the rooms, it took all of Yu's great presence to deter any erratic trains or followings of the small creatures and some odd plants that delighted in and frolicked through the courses of Creation's domain.

"Tell me of the market we go to see. "

Syrie
The weight of his Lord settled and Xia Lu Ling felt the world sliding into harmony for him; this was his Station, but more than that, he enjoyed being Harmodius' support. Enjoyed the closeness that meant for him and also the careless way they could sprawl together, even with pure Mana crackling about them. It was good to be a Dragon King, very good. "As they say...All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy." Yu chuckled and wondered, briefly, where he'd heard that phrase before summarily dismissing it.

His focus was needed Elsewhere; Creation's near-constant companions of flora and fauna were wont to follow Him, but for now, it could not be so.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.While Master and Dog settled together (sometimes it was difficult to not think of the pair in those terms...and sometimes Endiovar felt a twinge of jealousy at just how close Yu seemed to be with Harmodius), Endi watched and waited patiently, a smile on his face. Around the god of Silence was a sort of shimmering aura of happiness; getting to show Creation the ingenuity of the mortals...the way they had already started to work out some sort of an economy (mostly via the barter system but with some precious metals and gems as payment, depending on the being involved) all on their own pleased him greatly.

"It is most fascinating." Walking with a disguised Harmodius, Endiovar decided it would be best to speak aloud for a time, "They started as small...clumps or camp-type spaces, with mortals bartering items they found or made, and now there are actual stalls, some with pictoral banners, some without. You can find furs, caught creatures for sale as meat or livestock....gems, some weaponry even." Mostly it was quite peaceful, but there were crude blades made or better ones that had survived Gehenna and found their way into the Market. "There are even stalls where our breatheren or their servants have taken to offering things. I believe Lord Yu would know more on that than I."

The Dragon rumbled his assent; he had seen one of the god's servants there - who's he could not recall - offering those perfectly horrifying (beautiful to him) Siira creatures! He himself had one, it was as foul in temperment as one could wish...and completely loyal to Yu.

Endiovar continued then, "Beasts, fantastical and otherwise can be aquired. Foodstuffs of any kind that can be found, plucked, caught or killed. Metalworks and pottery. Some create what they sell, some find or trap, some grow...and still others scavenge from ruins. Whatever the manner, they have set up the Marketplace and it grows daily. Like mushrooms after a rain."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 am
"It sounds as though more markets in more places, if the regrowth that had reached them could sustain it, would be beneficial. And if the pantheon where to curry followers and their flocks among the mortals there all the better. Now is when they look for guidance and help- whatever the reason or moral compass. Scarcity of resource breeds competition and conflict. Conflict is the crucible of creativity. "

"Unfortunate no more then one or two, then, of ours have seen the wisdom of it. Perhaps they question, whom do not join, what they woudl offer at a market. We are not all Harvest and Bounty, nor Water and Wine."

"Your own aoide, Endiovar? Yu?"  

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:15 pm
"Indeed it would be. Though few mortals staying near here speak of leaving, there are some with the vision to see that furthering the market's growth and diversity will breed much benefit. There are perhaps two or three small groups of mortals willing to leave the 'safety' of the Pantheon grounds for the uncertainty that waits beyond, but not so many to my knowledge."

Endiovar's eyes flicked about the Market, watching the busy mortals at their work or play, "And fewer by the day that find their way here, bringing word and works from afar." Visits from people that weren't from around the area they dwelt in physical form were lessening as things stabilized and mortals felt hope once more. Certainly some still did, but...when one had hope of life, one tried to build a life...and typically not a nomadic one.

"Some yet work within the Great Library, but others come here to offer dyed fabrics, dried edibles or whatever else their skills may allow. I have encouraged them to mingle here, if nothing else." That Endiovar spent a good bit of time at the Market was very true; he did not order his Aoide, servants or followers to do the same - but encouraged them to do so. They could work together on offerings to barter or sell, while spreading the word on the generousity of the Gods.

Bounty or Harvest he might not have been, but Xia Lu Ling was nothing if not shrewd; the import of the Market was not lost on the darkly furred Dragon King. "Some of my own work wares to barter with as well. Some have asked to travel as Gypsies once did, spreading my name and strength as they roam. Harlan and his people would return here from time to time, with the new Faithful or skilled, to further the greatness of this place." Once more his tail swished and thumped against Harmodius' legs; Yu had wanted his people to join in and rebuild - their willingness to do so and imaginative ideas had pleased him greatly. So much so that when Harlan had voiced a wont to travel, Yu had agreed to it, so long as he did not forget his Lord and Master...the idea to treat it like a tinker or Gypsy had come from Artimesh and Blessed.

"He will take several beasts with him...I must remember to speak with Zhiji..." Yu mused to himself momentarily; mental notes for later - it wasn't like this would happen in the next few days or anything...provisions had to be made, wares created or obtained for the trip. Things of that nature.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 am
"There is wisdom in the old traditions of pilgrimage, " Harmodius turned his attention down to look at the tail at his legs with amuse. "In truth, there is only so much to be gained my mortal worshipers staying here. Word of the True Gods only travels through works or through the mouths of those in the know. Four followers here may man a booth, or may be four whole worlds of followers if sent as emissary abroad."

But the Crown's attention was caught by the booths again, considering less weighty measures, "Do you like to eat, Endiovar?"

Syrie

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:59 pm
Hearing his Lord speaking well of sending their emissaries out and into the walking world, Xia Lu Ling chuckled. The nightmarish sound began low in his chest and rumbled upwards until it finally passed over darting tongue and glinting teeth. Yu was loathe to leave the Eldest's side but had absolutely no reservations when it came to sending those under his protection into this world - or any other, though doing so was not easy without much deific intervention and aid.

"There is safety in numbers, even now. If you wish, Silent One, you may send yours to join with mine on this next journey."

Creation's question, posed not to him but to Silence, brought further rumbles from the sapphire-scaled PIllar.

When Yu Five Claws made such nightmarish sounds some of the mortals near by turned to look, expressions worried and wary; Endiovar did not so much as flinch. He had spent enough time now with both Harmodius and his most loyal of couches to understand what such rumbling sounds meant. The Dragon King was amused, that was all, but the mortals would not know that...and the sounds were distressing.

Great wings spread between Yu and those nearest him; he muted some of the sound coming from the Dragon King; at least for a moment. "Yes, I find the scents and flavours quite enjoyable." With another smile for the Crown and a slight head-shake at Yu, Endiovar drew his wings back in, substituting the nearly-imperceptible feathers for a more stable bit of mana so that the Dragon's continued laughter wouldn't freak more people out.

As he looked from Harmodius to Yu, he couldn't help but think about how nearly all of those familiar with the Emblem Pillar could have answered as to just how much he enjoyed eating - though precisely what it was that the Dragon King enjoyed eating was subject to much debate.

Ivynian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm
The answer of preference was filed away with a genial nod amid other features of the new Silence god. There was much to consider, of the provision of the mortals and their ingenuity here. He enjoyed the market, looking back over it.

The nervousness of those nearest because of Yu did not register as good or bad- it was a regular perspective for being near the True Dragons. Gods were dangerous, in good and bad ways.

Harmodius started quietly back along the market the same way they'd come. "Thank you for sharing this, Endiovar."

Syrie
Other than a slice of life, was there something more you were seeking with this rp? Otherwise, it's probably more beneficial more than a year later, to close it asap.

Ivynian
Vice Captain

Cat

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:53 am
Attuned as the Dragon King was to Harmodius, he made a quick turn on silent paws moments after the Eldest had chosen his direction; it was good for Creation to get out of the pantheon proper from time to time, but with all the energy he was expending to heal over All...even short trips could be exhausting.

Xia Lu Ling's tail flicked; Silence hadn't said much about joining in the trips outward, but there had been something unspoken there...a continuation of the conversation later, when He was not the focus of attention, perhaps. Whatever, the Dragon was unconcerned and wholly enjoying their little outing - just as he would enjoy returning to the Throne and wrapping himself around it and/or sprawling out so that his Lord and Master could use him as a furry chaise lounge.

"You are most welcome." 'It pleases me to share such things.' There were changes, so many changes between this Silence and the one that had aided Gianfar of old...mostly things that he had admired in his once-host, but some that he felt would make him better - whether it worked or not was anyone's guess.

Silence watched the handsome man in the striped hat as he turned, the lines and planes of his face so sharp against the shapes of the Market, of the world around them; seconds only before he would rejoin Creation on the walk back. Yes, it had been good to bring Harmodius to the Marketplace....and there had been something that had caught his eye...he would return for it later, perhaps. Or send Hue for it.

Distracted somewhat by thoughts of the item he had seen, Endi's hand reached out almost automatically to catch Creation's; long fingers curling firmly but gently around the other's. It was a very human gesture, but one that Silence had liked very much when he had still been a gem and his host dating that alien fellow, Illario. Nothing to be said, just companionship and closeness and a sign of affection loosely binding the two on their return trip.

Ivynian
Slice of life, I think..if I had any larger plans I have long since forgotten - herp derp. Oh, and also it was meant to introduce the Marketplace to Harmy in person. I wholly agree and thank you for finishing it with me heart

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games