Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[R] Musical Tastes [Aloysius/Isha] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:51 pm
The stage was set, the lights illuminated Aloysius as he readied his bow. Tonight was quite important to him because it gave him a chance to make new friends and to get an A for the performance part of his composition class. He faced the audience and bowed slightly before readying the viola on his shoulder."Hello, my name is Aloysius Sharp and tonight I will be playing a few songs which I have composed throughout this semester." Slow and calm notes echoed through the air as he began a soft sonata, his bow glided effortlessly over the instrument as he played. He kept his eyes closed as he left the music flow out of him without distraction.

Aloyisus kept pace in his head as he switched from the sonata to a light minuet. Each note chirped happily as the whole piece had gone from slow and calm to fast and excited. Smiling slightly, he opened his eyes and looked out at the audience for a moment. Seeing others enjoy his work made him happy as well because music moved him and he wanted others to have the chance of feeling the way he did as he played his instrument. The pace slowed down once more as he mentally prepared for the last part of his recital. In one fluid moment, he adjusted his glasses and started up another piece. This one was set to the idea of a lullaby he had written during one of his English classes. As each slow and vibrating note left his viola, he would hum almost inaudibly to keep the lyrics flowing along. With the last note death, he quietly withdrew the bow from his viola and took another bow before heading down off the stage to meet people who had been watching.

Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:52 pm
Music, to Isha, was the same as telling a story, even if it were to be without words. The rise and fall of each melody lured him into a state of mind that was no longer his. His eyes never opened once for the duration of the boy's performance on stage. There was no reason to look at him, not when his thoughts and feelings could be portrayed through the notes that drifted through the air.

Isha was not a musician. His art form came in the form of dancing and fishing, if the later could even be considered an art. He could, however appreciate such beauty in the melodies, and the hard, earnest work that went into being able to preform so well. Perhaps it seemed out of place for a boy his age, but he frequently went to these recitals, as tickets were open for the public to purchase. And with the university was close enough that his parents didn't mind if he took a few hours in the evening to indulge in his classy hobby.

With each performance, he brought a bouquet, filled with light red (not pink, but light red!) and white carnations. Not many people knew of their meanings, but they were of admiration and luck. Plus, they did not die quickly, so even those who were not the best at taking care of blooms could hold onto them for a while. He really wanted to be able to be the first one to greet the musician, but being first meant that if there were alot of people eager to speak with him, he'd be pushed aside. with his small size and quiet presence when he was alone was just so easily overlooked.

As the halls finally emptied, Isha managed to to make his way to where the musician was. He really hoped he hadn't waited too long for the man to be a little bit more alone. If he had waited too long, it was certain that the musician would have just left.

Luckily enough for him, the one he searched for was still there. Approaching him, he smiled a bit, and cleared his throat, trying to make sure that his voice didn't crack when he spoke. It was always awkward approaching someone with flowers, even if it were simply for a great performance.

"Hello, Mr. Sharp! I just wanted to say that your performance was outstanding. I have these for you, a gift for blessing me with such mesmerizing music." Though he knew his name was Aloyisus from his introduction, it seemed rude to just address him casually.

Ninjagami Ryo Kage

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:52 am
There were many mixed reactions to his piece, he greeted each person who came up to him and entered into a short bit of small talk before proceeding to the next person. Nobody really stuck out as he continued going through the social motions, he adored his fans but he would rather get a word in from a professor or someone new and interesting. Praise only did so much for him after a recital, what he really enjoyed was though who felt deeply about music instead of those who just came to pass the time or to obtain a credit for their class.

After a few minutes, a large chuck of the crowd cleared out. Aloysius carefully packed away his viola, petting it softly as he laid it in it's velvet lined case. She was old but beautiful and well preserved. If not for him, her voice would have died many a year ago in the dusty attic of his parent's house. Aloysius turned as he heard footsteps, there was at least one more visitor before he could go home to cook dinner. He nearly tilted his head in confusion at the flowers, he had performed here before but had never really gotten anything more than a single flower or a card. On the outside he kept his composure and smiled slightly at the boy. "That's very kind of you, what is your name if I may ask?"
Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm
Admiring someone from a seated crowd was far different than meeting them in real life, and once the other's eyes turned upon him, he felt himself freeze up. Having approached with the assumption that the other would simply take his flowers, say thank you, and be on his way, he was not expecting such politeness from the other!

"Isha.. Isha Chaudhary! I'm a student at Azure Valley Academy! I came to see you play.. I really do love music, especially strings, but I'm kinda.. Well, overall, I'm just terrible at playing myself. Or at least I can't read music." His words finally returned to him, and off he went, spewing out needless information to the musician. Surely the other didn't want to hear too much about that.

"But.. Um.. Like I said! These are for you! I really do hope I could hear you play sometime again!"

Ninjagami Ryo Kage

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 pm
Aloysius nodded and pondered his response to Isha, it had been awhile since he had met someone who would benefit from music lessons. With graceful movements, he pulled a small blue and black card from the inside of his vest and offered it to Isha quietly. "It is always nice to meet a fellow musician,if you ever want my assistance I can help teach you how to play an instrument as well as read music. I'm always looking to help those who have the drive and dedication to learn as well as having a strong love of music."

Aloysius accepted the flowers with his free hand and smiled once more at the compliment, taking the words in as those from a fellow musician and not one of the average audience members. "I look forward to performing once more, perhaps not for a grade but for my own leisure. Maybe other venues may allow me to play if the right people watch my performances. I do hope you may consider my invitation Mr. Chaudhary."
Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:49 pm
"T-thank you!" Words could not come close to describing how excited he was to have such a thing as the boy's number without even having to ask for it! Normally he was always the one to try to initiate a second meet with the people he met, but having received an invitation first was incredibly refreshing!

"My love is indeed strong! F-for music that is!! I just can't read notes very well! When it comes to playing, I can hear something a few times, then typically get it right.. Does that even make sense?" Isha never really thought of such a thing as a talent. After all, it was simply mimicking sounds back, much like a parrot could do. It wasn't real, a cheap imitation, and there was no way to make original music that way either.

"You can call me Isha.. And, um.. If you ever need a sponsor for a venue, I'd love to offer that too you! I truly do wish to hear you play again."

Ninjagami Ryo Kage

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:37 pm
Isha amused Aloysius quite a bit, he had a similar thought process when it came to picking up music. His enthusiasm was admirable as well. "It is always nice to meet someone who loves music when I perform. I get a lot of people who just come for a class or come because their parents or children want to go." Aloysius frowned as he considered how many of the audience members came because they had to.

"Listening to music and then playing it is actually very common, it is called playing by ear. I usually use that method when learning video game music or music that may not have a formal written version. It is not that common so you should be proud of yourself since that will help you greatly."

He smiled slyly inside when the word sponsor came up, his desire to succeed and make a career out of his talent sparkled in his eyes. He did like this boy though so he wouldn't manipulate him, maybe. It was always nice to have fans though and fans with power and pull was always a step up. Having a musical apprentice would look very nice on his resume as well. "That is very kind of you Isha, I will make note of that. I play quite often since it is very relaxing for me."
Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:47 pm
Oh, the compliments that he received simply made him beam at the other, his eyes shifting down to gaze at the flowers for a moment, perhaps to hide his darkening cheeks. It seemed that more and more recently people had been seeing him as someone kinder than he really was. Not that he minded all that much, since he would much rather be known for sweetness that sour.

"I Um.. well, I don't know what else to say! I mean, I could go on all evening with how wonderful your music is, but after a while, it would get boring, wouldn't it? If you need any help carrying anything or something, I'm more than willing to assist you!" That wasn't too creepy to offer, was it? Or did it sound like he was trying to become a groupie? Yesh, that's not what he was trying to do at all!

Ninjagami Ryo Kage

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 am
Aloysius smiled a bit at Isha as he looked downward. The boy's reaction was really interesting to him, it really was new to him since usually people just said hi quickly or kept to their own topic without allowing for interjections or responses. He chuckled a bit at the mention of being complimented endlessly, that almost made his own cheeks darken.

"It would be a long night indeed, I do need to head towards some sort of food though because I have yet to eat today. I have been quite wrapped up in my music as of late. Perhaps if you want to tag along you can, I do warn you that I most likely will stop at the first Italian place I see for dinner. As for carrying, I only have my viola case and I do keep it close since the instrument I use has been in my family for many many years. It still has a lot more time of recovery to go after the state I found it in, it may be a lot longer before it reaches its true sound quality. It saddens me greatly at times because my own family almost let something so beautiful die in that humid attic of theirs."
Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:51 pm
"I think I would very much like that, to go to dinner with you! If I could, I'd love to see your instrument up close, of course, with only your permission. I have a few friends that work on instruments all the time. Not friends my age, of course, but friends who've spent years and years working on them. Maybe I could give you there names, and they can take a look on it, a gift from me to you." He seemed to have a habit of acquainting himself with older people, for the most part. It just felt right.

"Shall we walk? Or did you want to take a car or something?" He pulled out his phone, ready to call the driver around to pick him and his guest up.

Ninjagami Ryo Kage
did he ever take the flowers from Isha? XD

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:37 am
Aloysius smiled and turned around, it had been awhile since his viola had been looked at by someone who focused in taking care of instruments. He had some skills but not as much as others had. He looked down at the flowers in his hand for a moment and then picked up his case before turning to face Isha once more with both the instrument and the flowers in hand.

"I have a car but the place I feel like isn't too far from here. It should not be more than a few minutes walk or so. I can show you my instrument perhaps once we sit down, I have to check my bow as well because I think a strand may have gotten loose or broken during the recital."

Aloysius began to walk, motioning for Isha to follow through the side doors. "This way is easier access to the sidewalk, I have found that it lacks a large crowd as well."
Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:24 pm
The younger boy simply beamed when the man motioned to him, and with a quickened step, he followed after him. The urge to offer his hand seemed far too out of place, so instead, he placed them in his pockets. Once stepping out of the the Performance Hall, Isha took a deep breath, savoring the slightly cool air on his hot skin.

"I cannot remember the last time I've had Italian food. I'm rather excited to be going out with you this evening, and the chance to see the instrument that you've cared for.. Well, that's exciting in itself! I take it you're in a Music related Major, right? At the university? What do you plan to do when you graduate?"

Ninjagami Ryo Kage

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:21 am
Aloysius enjoyed the cool air against his face, it was refreshing after playing under the warm lights on the stage. Each step he took brought a nice breeze across his face. It only took a few minutes for Aloysius to spot the restaurant he wanted to go to.

"Italian food is really one of my favorite types of food, they always have just the right blend of garlic and herbs in the sauce."
He paused for a moment before answering the next question, quietly thinking about what he wanted to do with his life after earning his degree. "I am a Music major at the University and at this moment I am not one hundred percent sure of what I will do after I graduate besides the tutoring and practicing that I already do. May I ask what your plans are for the future?" He stepped inside the restaurant and waited politely for a reply before talking to one of the waiters to have a table set up.
Cooro Cooro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 pm
"I'm partial to spicy things myself. Spicy and intense flavors, things that most people can't handle. I don't really have Italian all that often, but I'm a rather large fan of lasagna. Does that count?" Isha wasn't a picky eater, so most foods could be appreciated. Having some sort of burning aftertaste was one of his favorite feelings though! There was no real reason behind it, just a little peculiarity to him.

"A music major, huh? That makes sense, it's what your little program said that I received at the concert. Maybe you should become a teacher then? That is, if you enjoy interaction with people as an instructor. Some people do, others don't. As for myself... I don't know. It's not like I haven't thought about it, it's just nothing really ever comes to mind. I'm not overly creative or book smart.. So my answer would be.. 'I don't know.' That's not a bad thing though, right?" As they were led to their table, he took his seat first, polite, but there was no need to be overly formal. Not when he was trying to become friends with the one before him.

"Perhaps some traveling would be needed.. Not just random places, or things that seem overly done like going 'backpacking' across Europe. No. I think I want to head back to my home country, India. I'd like to see what has changed in the village that I was born in."

Ninjagami Ryo Kage

Sunflower-Seeds

Friendly Friend

Sara Draconia

Wheezing Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:20 am
Aloysius smiled and laughed slightly, many people who hadn't grown up in an Italian family first thought of lasagna. Even though it is a good dish, Aloysius had grown up with things like risotto and pastas with seafood. "Lasagna counts in a way although it is over done at some restaurants. Spicy things are trial and error with me, I grew up eating traditional Italian dinners so I am used to those types of herbs and spices over more powerful ones that are used in other dishes." He carefully put his instrument next to him as he sat, keeping it close as he always did.

"I do teach at times but music is not something that can be taught effectively to a massive group, one on one tends to give people a better chance of finding out their own strengths and weaknesses than being in a group where it may be difficult to hear yourself over your classmates. One on one also can help those that already have certain skills expand upon them and progress farther in whichever direction they choose, with my help of course. Indecision is only bad when you regret it, I have played many instruments because I could not decide on one which I would become a master of in my lifetime. I do not regret the different styles I have learned up until I chose my preferred style and instrument."

Aloysius admired the young man's traveling ideas, it was always nice to go to one's home to see how things had changed over the years. "I would love to visit Italy sometime, my mother came from there when she was young and married my father here. They are back there now of course since they are traveling around to visit family members to tell them of how things have been here for them. Traveling does indeed expand your mind and give you new perceptions of the world. I wish you luck whenever you end up going."

Cooro Cooro

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces