Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ Graveyard ]:
[SUMMER] Island - Shipwrecked [FINISHED] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Daisicle generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:29 am
User Image

Ugh... What... What was that awful pain...

Rubbing his throbbing head, Hjortur sleepily opened his eyes to look around at his surroundings. Beach, sand, trees colored with tropical fruits, and ocean... Endless ocean of the deepest blue. How had... Moments of groggy memory remained; there had been an explosion on the ship, sending everyone into the air and the water. He had hit his head on the glass of his sleeping quarters as it shook, rendering him unconscious. If he hadn't gills to breath under the water's surface, downing would not have been unlikely.

His eyes continued to blink slowly as everything returned in and out of focus, the brightness of the light and the silence a stark contrast to the darkness and piercing explosions of his memory. If he had barely survived, a miracle in itself, had the others also...?

Was... Was he alone...?

As he turned his head to the other direction, his eyes locked onto a brightly-blue colored girl, a body he recognized. Before he could even think, he rushed over to her body and lightly touched her skin to shake her. "H-Hey... Are you awake? Are you okay?"

This was supposed to be a vacation! A trip full of merriment, dancing, fine drinks, and gourmet food! Now... Now what could it be called other than a horrible disaster?

Amasis
They have food in the form of fruit- and coconut-bearing trees and nearby schools of fish.

Thalia + Hjörtur
* A bottle of wine
* Armbands from diving expedition
* Fishbone comb from diving expedition
* Bone bracer with amethyst from diving expedition
* Pair of bongo drums

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 pm
How, precisely, she had come to end up on the beach, Thalia wasn't very sure about. Nor was what she had been doing immediately before whatever had caused her to wash up here. The sun's warmth was just barely on the wrong side of comfortable, and sand was not pleasant between the feathers of her wings. Of that, she was acutely aware, even as she became aware of someone shaking her to rouse her.

Eyes opening blearily, she squinted and hissed a bit as the sun registered as much, much too bright. There was a pounding at her temples, a knot of pain at the base of her skull. She faintly remembered something loud just before losing consciousness, but not much more than that.

That was frustrating.

Looking over at who was shaking her, she was pleased to realise she recognised him, even as it took a moment for his name to float to the surface of her memory.

When trying to sit up didn't result in much more than the world tilting unnaturally and trying to take the equilibrium of her stomach with it, she lay back on the sand for a moment.

"I'm alive, at least," she replied hoarsely, trying - and likely failing - a chuckle. "Do you know what happened?" Maybe he'd be able to fill her in. Her own memory wasn't proving to be of much use in that respect. Why weren't they on the boat?

The fact that they were indeed not on a boat, while self-evident in that she had sand in her feathers, finally really registered, and she tried to sit up again to locate it. She just as quickly lay back down after immediately regretting that decision.

"Where are we?"

o0_Daisuke_0o

Amasis

Everyday Blob

Amasis generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 1!

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:04 am
(rolling for this since I forgot to do so last night)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 pm
Exhaling and moving away from Thalia as she came to, Hjortur sat on the sand beside her. Even though it looked like she had had a pretty rough time, at least she was now conscious and aware of her surroundings; couldn't be that badly hurt then, right? "From what I remember, a lot of the fairies abandoned the ship on strike. After that..." he shrugged, "...all I can recall were some loud explosions and the ship moving roughly. I was knocked out against the walls of my bed pretty quickly and, when I awoke, I was here."

Moving his eyes away, from her, he looked to the horizon to see if there were any others. "I'm not familiar with this area, and it looks like we're alone..." Stretching and yawning, he sighed and his tone took the edge of a whine. "Man... and I was really enjoying this trip, too! I don't know what to do in these kinds of situations..." Without the need to worry about her safety, the immediate threat of it all was lost.

Blinking, he took notice of some of the stuff laying about the beach, his stuff. "Oh goody! At least my treasures somehow found their way back to me~" Leaving her there, he went to retrieve them.

"Hey! I've got my armbands, and my bracer, and my comb, and my wine," he called out to her. "Look, even one of the band's bongo drums washed up!" To emphasize this, he lifted it up for her to see before setting it back down. It only took a moment before the urge became too great and, after tapping it once to assess the tone of it, began lightly patting a rhythm to harmonize with the natural sounds of the ocean wind.

Amasis
So food and water? That's good! Haha

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:30 pm
Fairies? On strike? Thalia groaned faintly. Why did that not terribly surprise her? Of all the things that could happen on a cruise, it would figure that fairies would abandon the ship to blow up. Hjortur was doing better than she was on the remembering thing, though, so she figured she'd have to trust him and take his word for what'd happened.

Shading her eyes and looking around as she listened to him talk, she realised she could see something down the beach a bit, washed up on the shore. As he went to go fetch what of his had followed them to their current location, she staggered to her feet a bit- flapping her wings in irritation to remove the sand from them. Thalia didn't go far, keeping an eye on the other with her, but she went far enough that she was able to see what else had washed up with them.

Chuckling a bit as she heard him start beating out a song on the drums, she waded into the surf to drag the containers further ashore. The sloshing sound from them was incredibly promising. Once Thalia had them all safely above the high-tide line, she cracked one open.

"Water!" came her triumphant cry and wave to Hjortur. Were they on the beach, in front of endless water? Sure.

But this was fresh water.

o0_Daisuke_0o

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:43 am
It hadn't taken long for him to become entirely distracted by creating this melody, the situation quickly escaping his thoughts and seeping to be hidden among the swaying trees, the warm sun, the soft sand, and the cool water lapping at his feet. Now that he thought about it, this seemed to be a little piece of outright paradise they had found, even if they were alone.

How they had managed that, again, only the water could know.

Looking up from his thoughts, his hands tapping softer, yet not stopping entirely, Hjortur smiled to him companion. "Woah! Nice! We should move them further inland and find a place to hide them away and keep them cool," as he said this, he made no motions to come closer for a few moments. It was with some reluctance he set the instrument aside and stood up to help Thalia. "Alright..." he mused as he went to pick one up, not without a grunt and groan. In his own right, he was not very athletic, and everything weighed so much more on land. "So... I think that... by those trees should... be... good..."

Sweat was already starting to form on his brow as he spoke, but he kept his cheerful smile always on. There was only a moment's pause for her before he started to move, much too ready to set these heavy-as-hell things back down.

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:40 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o

Having him help her did give her a moment's pause, as it wasn't something she'd actually been expecting. Nothing against him; she was just used to doing things on her own when she needed to do them. Thalia did smile gratefully, though, appreciative all the same. She kept up well enough, all things considered. The water vessels were round enough that she opted instead to roll hers through the sand as much as possible, though the weight sinking into the sand provided some difficulty. Hjortur was not the only one sweating and breathless by the time they got the water to where it was more shaded.

Exhaling noisily, she looked around at what they had amassed. "Well, it could be worse, I suppose!" They had water, they had supplies. The really hard part was out of the way. Now... "We do need some sort of shelter for the night, though. I don't know how warm this island will stay once the sun sets." She looked critically up at the boughs of the trees near the beachline. Though... "Or, at least I do." She chuckled, realising that a naiad might be just as at home if they could find a tidal pool of some kind.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 am
Hjortor sighed as he was finally able to set the blasted thing down. He was a naiad, he could survive with just the salt water, but for a land pae like Thalia, these jars would be necessary. Honestly, he didn't mind having it either, as salt water was certainly distasteful when compared to the fresh kind. It would be a luxury to him, yes, and he was grateful for it.

Looking up at the trees beside them, he grinned and jumped up to reach of of the lower-hanging bananas. Peeling it, he nodded to her, "That is certainly an understatement." Sitting down, he took a bite and leaned against the trunk to finish it, after which his arms moved behind his head and his eyes closed. "Yes... But surely we have some time to just relax first. Perhaps a reward to us for moving those jars?" It was such a nice day; why ruin it by working?

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:31 am
o0_Daisuke_0o

As much as Thalia was in charge of celebration, and as fun as celebrations could be, she was still very matter-of-fact about business and very business-like about the fact of the matter. And the fact of the matter was, they were stranded somewhere, with no idea where they were or if anyone else had made it out. And that was very worrying. Hjortur wasn't the only one hungry, however, and she copied his example by fetching for herself one of the bananas. It was still a bit green, but she wasn't terribly picky as she carefully ate it so as not to upset her already volatile stomach.

She really wanted to get moving, to try and see if they could find anyone else. But she was hardly going to be able to move everything herself, and was not terribly confident in her ability to push Hjortur to action. He did have a point, however, in that it wouldn't hurt them to rest. Her head was still pounding, after all. So, with a sigh, she flopped down to the sand next to him and leaned back. She could take this opportunity, however, to ask him, "do you think we should set up camp and try to signal for help? Or pack what we can and try and search out other people?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:02 am
Not bothering to open his eyes, loving the warmth of the sun against his scales, he shrugged before speaking. "I have to stay near water, and I will have to sleep in water, so it'd be best if we could find a place that would work for the both of us. Plus, it's more likely to find others if we stay near the shore, especially if they washed up like us. Moving inland could be a nice thing to do to find some random supplies, but if we want to be found, somewhere closer to the coast is best." When he bothered to try, Hjortur was actually quite the rational thinker. "Or, at least that's what I think."

Already he could feel the tugging of his scales as his skin dried out, likely because of the intensity of the sun. "It would probably be easiest on us both if I went and scouted the edge of the beach to see if there are any existing structures, like caves, we could use. No point in wasting our time making something if we don't have to." Laughing, he shrugged again. "I'll have to get back in the water soon anyways."

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:34 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o

"I wouldn't mind having a source of water to bathe in, but that's not a matter of critical importance." Worse came to worse, she would bathe in the ocean or deal with it. But keeping in mind the fact that Hjotur couldn't stray too far from water, and right now all they had was the ocean... "Maybe we should go with alternating scouting trips with a waterside base?" That would probably work the best for the both of them...

He did have a point, no point in building something they didn't need or were just going to tear down. So they needed something with a source of water, and shelter, so something near the ocean, because he also had a good point in that they would probably be more likely to be found when close to the coast. She had to admit, her normal existence didn't really prepare her for this kind of outcome of events. Luckily, his volunteering was something right up her alley, because her head was not stopping with pounding in her temples.

She smiled gratefully. "That'll work. Is there anything you need me to do?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:42 am
Only a few minutes passed before he yawned and, stretching his arms forward, moved to sit back up. Squinting as he reopened his eyes to the bright sun and white sands, he sighed and moved to stand up. "You should rest yourself. I might be nothing more than a freelancer in my land, but I was raised a gentleman and intend to remain as such," as she said this, he smiled, pausing only a moment before heading to the water. "I will come back for you when I find something, okay?"

Pausing to grow used to the cold of the waved against his feet, he moved until knees hit the surface before diving in. It was always strange to feel the transformation of legs to fins (or the reverse), and even now it took him a few moments before he could recognize his lower half as being a fin again.

After looking around a moment, he returned so his head was above the surface and began swimming along the shoreline, looking for anything interesting.

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:33 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o

To say Thalia was unaccustomed to someone else telling her to lie back and take it easy would be an understatement. Being who she was, she was quite used to doing what she needed to do when and how she needed to do it. Her work and life's passion waited for no one. As such, she almost protested, almost told Hjotur that she could handle herself and come with him. To have to lie back while someone else did the work, even for a bit, impinged upon her pride and sense of self-sufficiency.

But there was a difference between being proud and self-sufficient, and being an idiot.

Thalia was not an idiot.

But neither was she content to lay there and wait, so she propped herself up on her elbows and, through squinted eyes, surveyed their surroundings. At the very least, she could try and commit their stranding-point to memory. In the event they started to wander, it would be good to know where they had started.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:37 pm
As he looked around, Hjortur took note of the variety of trees dotting the edges of the shore, mostly tropical in nature (or, what he understood tropical to be) on the outside, but hiding whatever other strange foliage remained further inland. If he could just find a river... maybe then they would have a better excuse to look around.

His prayers seemed to be answered as he came to the opening of a stream. How lucky (and convenient)! Going against the current and into the mouth of it, he discovered that it was just deep enough to comfortably move through, yet not large enough to have a strong enough force that might wash him out to sea if he stopped swimming. It even had shallows periodically along it's curves, where schools of tadpoles scurried to hide among the aquatic grass as he came near. So far as he was concerned, a little waterway like this would make a wonderful shelter for him.

Looking around, he found there to be many more trees, vines draping lazily from branches and thick leaves trying unsuccessfully to block out the sun. If Thalia wasn't against it, they could probably craft a hammock out of the available materials. It wouldn't be much, but at least she could sleep peacefully through the night.

Content with his discoveries, he turned around and headed back at a much faster pace to where he had left the angel. It had already been a couple of hours by the time he saw her again, mostly due to his careful searching.

And various distractions along the way.

Maybe a pause or two to rest.

She didn't need to know about that though! Emerging from the water, Hjortur waved and called out, "I may have found a nice place for us to make camp!" There was an awkward stumble onto his knees as he moved too quickly for the transformation, but not a beat was lost once he could stand. "Have things been pleasant in my absence?"

Amasis

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Amasis

Everyday Blob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:28 pm
o0_Daisuke_0o

She startled awake when she heard his voice again, and it took a moment for her to comprehend what she was hearing. Thalia hadn't really meant to doze back off while he was gone, had been intending fully to keep herself awake until he returned - especially what with the awful headache she had. Belatedly, her mind processed his words and she sat up a bit. Thalia didn't even notice Hjortur's stumbling.

"Camp?" That sounded like a wonderful thing, especially now that she had a layer of sand caked onto her skin and irritating the bases of the feathers on her wings. As far as the question he asked... She smiled sheepishly. "I... fell asleep. So I suppose it's been well-enough." Thalia stretched and got, shakily to her feet. "How far away is the place you found?" She estimated she could make it a fair distance, so long as they went slowly and didn't have to do a whole lot of mountain climbing. With this headache and dizziness, flight was out of the question. As she waited for the response, she glanced around near them, unable to remember if they'd found anything they should take with.  
:[ Graveyard ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff