Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Misty Madness (Stormy + Molly)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:24 am
It had been a while since she sparred with someone. Mostly because the work load had been pretty harsh to adjust to with the power out at first, not to mention the heat. God, she didn't like the heat. But now that Stormy had acclimated (mostly) to the new schedule, she had gone about trying to further her prowess as a Mist hunter. Recently she had snuck on Dylon and Candace, so she was feeling pretty good about herself when she saw the corkboard's stickies.

Fights! Yes, good, she needed those! Making a mental note to look into Al's later, Stormy pulled out her phone and sent a message off; thankfully she had taken the emergency use to heart.

Lucyal
Text to Molly
Hey, this is Stormy! Still need a spar?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm
Molly stared at her phone.

Stormy…

Stormy…

Her brows furrowed.

Er…she was pretty sure she had heard Miss Candace talk about this one…this was the one that stole her Jimmy Choo’s…? She also had a feeling she may have seen her before…but her memory was really hazy at best at times. Regardless, Molly felt bad, but she did want to spar and train…and strengthen her bonds with her fellow Mists.

Ol-j-man

Text to Stormy:
Yes please! If it’s convenient for you, I’ll be at the training grounds now! Thank you so much for your time!

After sending that off, Molly made her way towards the training grounds…and then panicked a bit. She wasn’t sure if she knew what Stormy looked like…

Oh dear.  

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm
Luckily for Molly, Stormy was an overachiever when it came to her fellow Mists (she had tried three times to follow Candace, for one) and had made her way to the training grounds at a brisk walk once she got the reply. She had also used her handy dandy journal entry (as outdated as it was) to remind herself that Molly had really, really curly hair, and thankfully the training grounds didn't have a lot of people fitting that description.

Nor did many look like Disney Princesses, as Ms. Candace had once described her.

"Ms. Moooooollyyyyyy~!" Stormy called, making a big show of waving (you know, just in case this woman wasn't actually her sdlkfja) as she approached. "Hi hi hi!" It was obvious she was eager to meet more of her teammates, if not slightly nervous since same rank or not, Molly had been around longer than she had.

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:41 pm
Molly waited with her hands folded neatly over her stomach, though was fidgeting quite often, and looking around at those who passed. Goodness, this was like the incident with Obadiah all over again! She needed to be on the ball better with this kind of stuff…

Luckily, Stormy solved that problem by calling out her name…

Plus she did look vaguely familiar.

“H-hello!” She greeted back, anxiously but excitedly all at the same time. “Stormy…? I hope?” She asked with a sheepish smile, and then ducked her head. “I’m so sorry! I’m just…awful at remembering names and faces unless I’ve spoken to them more than once. Please forgive me…and a-ah…just Molly is fine…!”

Ol-j-man

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:34 pm
"No no, it's totally okay!" she chirped in return, slightly surprised by the squirrelly manner of Molly's greeting (normally she was the one who got that part). "I use Disney nicknames to help me remember! Plus I kinda cut my hair so I don't look the same anymore."

Stormy held out her hand and smiled brightly. "Nice to finally meet you! I meant to a while back, so sorry for the delay. Hope this fight goes okay, 'cause I really don't want to go to the infirmary again with supplies being rationed and all." Though the way she put it, it sounded like a reoccurring joke.

"You ready?"

Lucyal

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:44 pm
…It was kind of like talking to a new person entirely…

Molly kept this thought to herself, and since Stormy was so nice, it helped to put her at ease. She reached out to take the trainee’s hand firmly in her own and gave it a good shake, and her worried expression melted into a bright smile. “It’s finally nice to meet you too!” She then waved her other hand a bit, to reassure the girl. “Oh, it’s okay, really! I could have done the same…ah…better late then never, right?” At her concerns about the fight, Molly looked worried. “A-ah…it’s not my intention to put anyone in the infirmary, I promise!”

At the question, Molly nodded her head, and she stepped back away from Stormy, a good distance at that, and summoned her weapon. She tucked the monster lance’s handle against her side, and held it pointing up.

“Ready whenever you are!” She chirped.

Ol-j-man

Lucyal

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 pm
Whatever reservations she had about getting through relatively unharmed went out the window when she saw the lance. She stared at it for a moment. Oh wow...

< < This will be interesting. > >
She could hear the dracolich's bones pop with anticipation.

Summoning her greatsword, Stormy backed away with a nod. "Ready!"

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 pm
< < Then strike! > >

Overeagerness was a running theme today as Stormy led the battle. Jumping the gun didn't mean she was prepared to handle fighting against a lengthy weapon, however, and she misjudged the distance she would need as she swung; it was easy to dodge or block.

Nononono, oh God. She had to impress Molly, too!

HP: 50
Damage: nawp
Charge: 0/3 (Y3 GC, Y2 Headlights)

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-20)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:02 pm
Molly nodded her head, curls bouncing.

Sparring against someone new was kind of unnerving…but that was probably a good thing! Molly nodded her head again, though it was more to reassure herself. Yes, a good thing indeed! She snapped out of her thoughts when her weapon snapped at her to pay attention, just in time to catch Stormy charging her. Molly instinctively took a few steps back, and managed to dodge the swipe of her great sword.

That done, she lowered her lance, and then stepped forward, jabbing the girl.

HP: 50 / 50
DMG: 3
Charge: 1 / 3

Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 9 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:23 pm
Okay, focus. Focus. Now wasn't the time to get nerves since you were meeting someone technically for the first time...in combat...

Stormy winced as she brought up her weapon to take some of the brunt off her jab. "That thing look pretty heavy, Mi--Molly," she corrected herself. "Was it a big unicorn~?" Hey, if scary things could exist, good ones could too, right?

This time, after reassessing what she did the first go around, she leapt to the other side and swung herself forward, relying more on her legs than the weight of her weapon to give her the momentum for a strike.

HP: 47
Damage: 8
Charge: 1/3 (Y3 GC, Y2 Headlights)

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-20)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:34 am
“Heavy…?” Molly echoed. “Oh…no…not really!” She assured with a smile. “I mean, at first it was difficult to hold, but after Miss Clarice…” Her face fell briefly. “A-after Miss Clarice and Mister Lance helped me out, it became easier to use!” At the question, Molly flinched, only because her weapon barked in her head, rather insulted to be called a unicorn.

“N-no…um…he’s an indrik…!” Which sounded better than saying an unicorn (which really was what he was…a manly unicorn). As Stormy moved in again, Molly shifted the weapon up to take the brunt of the girl’s attack, and after she did, Molly pushed her entire weapon forward, looking to push Stormy back.

HP: 42 / 50
DMG: 5
Charge: 2 / 3

Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:42 am
Ms. Clarice, huh...She never got to know the woman and was a little absent as far as mourning went, but Stormy did feel sad for her passing; she seemed to have been a kind woman. "I probably should do the same," she noted, gingerly rounding about the death. "I didn't know they let you have some private lessons!" Knowing that Mr. Lance had a large weapon too, though, she filed it away for just in case.

Having swung Thane in one direction, she was too slow to block and felt a rush of air leave her as the lance struck her shield. "I-Indrik?" she asked, shrugging it off as best she could. "Never heard of it." Seeing as speed seemed to net her the best results, Stormy darted from foot to foot as she lunged.

HP: 42
Charge: 2/3 (Y3 GC, Y2 Headlights)

Lucyal

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-20)

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:27 am
“Private lessons…” Molly’s brows furrowed as she stepped back after pushing Stormy back. “Um…I’m not sure they were private lessons um…I just asked Mister Lance for assistance one day and he was really nice and helped me out…because his weapon is a lance as well!” She flinched as Stormy lunged at her, and she swatted the trainee with her weapon, hitting her shield.

Her weapon hummed as it was charged and ready to go. "Mhm...! It's a uh...monster of the mountains...? Apparently...?"

HP: 34 / 50
DMG: 3
Charge: 3 / 3

Ol-j-man

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 8 Total: 14 (2-20)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:37 pm
She winced at the jab and darted away to catch her breath for a moment. "Oh! Huh, I've been thinking about this all wrong." They could just ask like that? No papers or anything? And here she had been hesitant because of the whole trainee to upper crust thing . . . Who knew they could be that casual?

< < Yo do not need lessons. You need only focus. > >

Stormy mostly got the inkling that her partner didn't like her going so much to other people out of that, but she'd deal with it later. For now, she found herself in a good groove when she jumped back in to attack again, the runes flashing purple as it ate Fear and became charged. "Uh, quick question: charges or no charges?" she asked. "I'm fine either way, though that upcoming tournament doesn't allow them."

HP: 39
Charge: 3/3 (Y3 GC, Y2 Headlights)

Lucyal
three 8s in a row well okay then XD SHE WANTS TO IMPRESS

medigel

Anxious Spirit

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers