Question of the day Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:38 am
User Image

I was trying to think of something I could toss into the Cult that wasn't too involving but could still be fun and I finally managed to come up with something (I didn't steal it at all..no sir).

I'll be posting a video game related question every day for us all to discuss. This isn't going to be a test or a trivia related question..it'll be something random and often silly that will hopefully spark conversation. It's as simple as that. I'll try and update each day (10:00 GMT), so let's see how this goes.

Oh, and the other thing is that you're all welcome to pm me with your ideas for upcoming questions. In fact, that'd be a big help because variety is the spice of life.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:39 am
THE QUESTION OF THE DAYish

Question 19 - In your opinion, who is the cutest Pokémon in Generation IV?  

ForsakenSwordsman

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 am
PREVIOUS QUESTIONS

Question 01 - When did Mario first grow his trademark snazzy moustache?
Question 02 - Who or what is the Wind Fish from Links Awakening?
Question 03 - Who is your favourite F-Zero character?
Question 04 - Which one of the Mega Man 1 Robot Masters special powers would you want to steal for yourself?
Question 05 - Which pokémon are you excited to see mega evolutions of? Please choose one pokémon from each gen as a minimum.
Question 06 - What was the first N64 game you played and what was the experience like?
Question 07 - We've seen plenty of trends/phases in gaming over the years..from the days when FPS's ruled the earth to the deluge of racing games. With the launch of a new generation of consoles it would be a good time to push into a new phase so my question is; what will that phase be?
Question 08 - Which game (any format) has been the most successful in capturing what it means to be a superhero?
Question 09 - Which of the main three Pikmin types/colours is your favourite? (Red, blue or yellow)
Question 10 - The original eight "World Warriors" from Street Fighter II get into a big old eight way brawl. Who wins?
Question 11 - What's your favourite kind of flower?
Question 12 - Design a Robot Master
Question 13 - If a Thwomp keeps on slamming the ground for many years is it possible he might shatter or at least develop a serious medical condition that could lead to him being declared unfit for work?
Question 14 - Is the life of a generic group of soldiers in Advance Wars worth less than the life of a named hero in Fire Emblem?
Question 15 - Where did Donkey Kong get that fancy red tie he always wears?
Question 16 - Which videogame character are you most similar to?
Question 17 - Are F-Zero, Metroid and Starfox set in the same universe?
Question 18 - Who is your favourite playable character from Chrono Trigger?
Question 19 - In your opinion, who is the cutest Pokémon in Generation IV?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 am
Today's question - When did Mario first grow his trademark snazzy moustache?

I'm having second thoughts about this now that I've posted the topic..but eh..can't hurt to try I guess.  

ForsakenSwordsman

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:38 am
He;s had it all along, hasn't he? Or do you mean when in his actual lifetime? Because that'd be some time between Yoshi's island DS and Donkey Kong.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 am
During the development of Donkey Kong, giving "Jumpman" a mouth was too difficult so they gave him a mustache instead.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:30 pm
I think he probably meant when did he grow it in his lifetime. I'm going to guess sometime after he moved to Brooklyn (which I think is canon?) to try to differentiate himself from his childhood, which must seem like a hallucinogenic ******** of memories as he was dropped by a stork in a mushroom land, befriended a dinosaur and had crazy adventures. Little did he know, the past would come back to haunt him.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:45 pm
Yeah, Fish was the closest to what I had in mind when I posed the question..but all the answers are good of course. It was badly phrased I admit..I think that was what was giving me second thoughts about the whole concept to be honest. Practice makes perfect anyway! I should probably post a few answers too mm..  

ForsakenSwordsman

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:44 pm
well he didn't have it as a baby, im gonna say when he hit puberty he ate a hairy mushroom and it grew.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 am
Some good answers yesterday, I think we got off to a decent start. Is fun to try this stuff. I scrapped the idea of choosing an answer each day too.

Question 2 - Who or what is the Wind Fish from Links Awakening?

Further details - There are several theories involving the Wind Fish being characters from other Zelda games and we get a taste of the mythology behind him in the game itself, but on the whole he remains shrouded in mystery. Who is he really..does he relate to other Zelda games and does he carry some divine command over dreams or wishes?  

ForsakenSwordsman

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:31 pm
Given that Marin appears after the "dream" is over, with her wish/dream of becoming a seagull potentially granted, I don't think the Wind Fish is just something Link came up with in his own dream. The Wind Fish, in my opinion, is likely to be something like the God of Dreams in Hyrule. Only a deity with divine command over dreams could pull Link into a dream that wasn't his.
So maybe, in the Zelda universe, it could then be argued that every sleeper's dream is created by or is partially influenced by the Wind Fish because he is the God of Dreams.

I can't say for sure that the Wind Fish is able to make wishes come true (or not) for everyone in the waking world. Marin is the only real evidence of him having this sort of ability, and it tells us that he must at least have divine command over the characters he creates within his own dreams. He can make them real so that they don't disappear along with the dream. We just can't know the exact boundaries of his powers or the extent to which he can influence the waking world.

I know there are theories that he has some connection to Lord Jabu-Jabu, Levian and that Ocean King guy. Aside from the whale thing, the little evidence there is to suggest a serious connection between these characters and the Wind Fish is not strong enough to convince me. Specifically, I doubt that any of these characters are the same as the Wind Fish. None of those characters have anything to do with dreams, as far as I know.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:50 pm
I AM THE BREAK WIND FISH

WAKE UP, LINK

*farts*  

Meta_Fish
Captain

ForsakenSwordsman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:21 pm
@Jazzy - Awesome answer..was fun to read and think over. I agree with you that the Wind Fish is probably separate from the other three giant fish guys, it's always seemed to me that the Zelda universe is big on recurring themes so I suppose you could potentially argue that all of them are linked somehow but there's no evidence for it.

@Fish - I think I might have freaked out if I cracked open that giant egg to find you sitting inside. Maybe with a lil pinwheel.."I am the wiiiind fiiiish" pwooooooo.

Do we even know why he was inside a giant egg? I can't remember if that is explained or not. Maybe I should save that for another question...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:26 pm
That isn't explained at all, is it? Maybe he just sleeps in an egg for no reason. He's a giant, flying whale with strange powers, so why not? Maybe he was killed by the Nightmare but then was reborn because he is divine and eternal, and thus found himself inside an egg again, even though whales are mammals - he's a god that looks like a whale, of course, not a real whale. What we can argue now is that all deities in the Zelda universe originally hatched from eggs. [/bullshit]

Since there's not really anything to explain it, we can only really assume it's because the developers thought that it would be cool to have a giant, mysterious egg rest upon the top of a mountain. It kind of is.

Meta_Fish
I AM THE BREAK WIND FISH

WAKE UP, LINK

*farts*

I WAS GONNA SAY YOU'RE THE META_FISH AND NOT THE WIND FISH BUT NOW I GET IT  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash