Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Building of game, (Pathfinder) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:08 pm
Who is interested in playing a multi-dm game?

The idea of the game is where individual dm's take a mission plan it out, and runs it. Then the next mission someone else takes the role of dm, plans a mission, and runs it.

To keep fairness, I thought the current dm, who ever that is, their character is sitting the game out. Maybe drinking ale, seducing the other gender, joined a second group(no rewards), or just sleeping on a big bag of money.

It is more of an idea at the moment than a plan, so just asking.

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Pathfinder Core
Banned Resources: Ask for none core material

ECL: 1
Gold: 100
Races: See Resources
Ability Scores*:
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points:
Alignments:
Pantheon:
Backgrounds:

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]
2]
3]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:55 pm
Quote:
sleeping on a big bag of money.

This... makes me want to play a dragon game... *ponders*  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:39 pm
Might be interested. Tried taking part in one of these before but it fell apart pretty much from the get go.

What system where you thinking about using?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 am
i like the idea, it allows those that are 'always a DM and never a PC' to get their rare PC fix. as for system most prefer one type of DnD so I was thinking PF would be the better choice.

though it also raises the question of sources and race limits and level might have to be 1 at the beginning (until replacements are needed). so many more questions than these but first there needs to be interest.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:41 am
Xenar1

iLL iNTENT

Paidi tou Selini

This is why I said, Multiple Dm's... everyone who plays gets a say in the game creation and limits.

Personally, I would be fine with Pathfinder or D&D 4e(not as versed in it, but leaning more towards). So far it is two for pathfinder[and it allowes Paidi's dragon build]

First level is a smart idea, given it would be easier to build and jump into a game.

As for dice, Point buy 22.

Race and class limits, I would say anything core, but if you must play a homebrewed post it and the others will vote on it, majority rules.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:43 pm
I'm not too big a fan of 4e, so I guess I vote Pathfinder.

What's Paidi's Dragon build?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:15 pm
iLL iNTENT
I'm not too big a fan of 4e, so I guess I vote Pathfinder.

What's Paidi's Dragon build?

It was meant as a joke basing off of this comment...
l l
l l
V
Quote:
Quote:
sleeping on a big bag of money.

This... makes me want to play a dragon game... *ponders*

Pathfinder it is  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:32 pm
I guess I wouldn't mind experimenting with DMing at some point. more of a world and mechanics builder than a story writer.... sweatdrop

(I wonder if she means being the dragon herself?)

still I have an idea or two, will depend on what the world will look like confused  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:51 pm
Xenar1
I guess I wouldn't mind experimenting with DMing at some point. more of a world and mechanics builder than a story writer.... sweatdrop

(I wonder if she means being the dragon herself?)

still I have an idea or two, will depend on what the world will look like confused

Then why don't we use your talents?

I was just going to start with a metropolis, and have the individual dm's build off of it, with their missions.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:12 pm
well.... there is a metropolis in the world in my head.... but many of my ideas tend to be morbid and dark. not sure you'll use them neutral

I was thinking of starting on the northern continent, which has more of a Nordic/Celtic flare to it. temperate fields and forests that turn more into tundra and frozen terrain as you go north. there are mountains and ruins of older dead civilizations.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm
No joke. I am now genuinely interested in a game wherein the players are dragons. It's probably too complicated for what you have in mind here, so don't mind me. I'll figure out how to make it work and then start a new game or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:14 pm
Paidi tou Selini
No joke. I am now genuinely interested in a game wherein the players are dragons. It's probably too complicated for what you have in mind here, so don't mind me. I'll figure out how to make it work and then start a new game or something.

As you wish, though, I am interested if you get something together.  

Xun Ira

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:27 pm
Paidi tou Selini

I would also be interested. Been wanting to do something like that for a long time but never got it together  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:28 pm
Anyways, starting on character creation. I think I'll write up a tengu Zen Archer/Qinggong Monk for this one.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:02 pm
What's everyone's opinion on traits? I think they're alright as long as we ban the crazier ones, like Adopted.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff