Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:13 pm
Painted Moose

User Image

It had been several days since the disaster at the coronation. Andama and her cubs were already well on their way heading toward the mountains. His decision to remain had led him to lurk around the far edges of the pride that he once called home. Now he was keeping a low profile and letting his wounds heal. Meshach was still sore, but didn't hurt nearly as bad. His wounds were also well scabbed over which made it easier to avoid detection.

The ex-prince was hoping the Great Lion might change his mind on what he'd allowed to happen, or perhaps more of the lions would think about his words. He would be around if he was needed. Meshach lifted his head from his paws to glance over a small rise toward the pride. While he was hoping to encounter some who might eventually decide to side with him there was the chance of discovery. It would be bad if any of the royal guard came across him out here and reported him to Shangyue. Satisfied that no one was currently in the vicinity the purple lion laid his head back down for a rest.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:29 pm
magnadearel

User Image

With the utmost caution, Runa made for the edge of the pride as fast as a lioness of her size could go. It had all happened so fast. One moment she was fuming at the injustice and apparent lack of morals within the royal line, then she'd found out that it was one of those same royals that had challenged the "King". She couldn't stop beating herself up for not going; if she had, she could have helped!

Well, this Prince on the run, Meshach, was still alive as far as her intel said and she wasn't about to stick around the pride so long as a murderer ruled. Her best bet was to find him, and try to do...well, something!

After first hearing about what transpired at the coronation, Runa had kept a low profile, but when she was sure that the others slept she'd left. So far it had taken her longer to avoid detection than it had to actually find Meshach. When she finally saw him, Runa rose to her full height, which was impressive indeed. Not only was she a taller female, but a broader one, as well.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:48 am
Painted Moose

A feeling prickled the back of his neck. He knew he shouldn't have been so complacent. It was hard after a couple days with no one finding him not to feel just a tiny bit pleased with himself. Well that happy feeling was gone. Meshach opened his eyes and slowly lifted his head to look out. From the female's posture he knew without a doubt she'd spotted him. She was a stunning lioness, all purple. What worried him was which side was she on?

No use trying to hide now. The male slowly rose to his feet. Taking his time to really look her over. Had she been at the coronation or not? He felt she was waiting for something. What? Finally he cleared his throat slowly. Meshach did his best to look calm as he prepared to fight or flee.

"I don't believe I've had the chance to meet you before." That was stupid, he thought, I could have tried to pass as a rogue coming to join. As a prince everyone in the pride probably had an idea what he looked like. So that really wouldn't have worked afterall. He waited, watching her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:16 pm
magnadearel

Runa took a deep breath, allowing her nostrils to flare as she got a good look at him. He was beginning to heal, but if she'd had any doubts of the stories before one look at this lion confirmed the fight he'd been in. She took a deep breath and took another step closer, faltered, and held her paw steady.

"You haven't." She stated bluntly. "Highborns don't usually talk to my kind, and when they do nothing good comes from it." Her words, while not unkind, were crisp. "I am..." What? Sorry? Sorry wasn't good enough for a situation this tender. "If you would allow it, I would help you put the Kinslayer in his place. I am no slave, but I am close enough that his favor," she spoke the word with a curled lip,"may soon turn to my class. I will not allow myself or any others to be tainted by his poison any longer."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm
Painted Moose

"I guess I didn't get as much chance to mingle as I'd have liked." A bit late now to be trying. Meshach knew his carefree days were gone. He'd definately been the spoiled prince. Content with his life and nothing more; not willing to look beyond what he had. There was a moment of shock as she made her offer. He hadn't thought it would have been so obvious. Why else would he still be out here?

What could he say? This was exactly why he was out here. Why he hadn't gone with Andama. True he hadn't expected anything quite yet. Meshach felt like his tongue was tied in knots in his mouth. He opened his mouth a couple times with nothing coming out. Her reasoning made sense.

Finally he nodded. "Alright. I accept your help." While he'd rather not see Shangyue killed, it may very well come down to that. He would see. For now he'd gained himself an ally. "Now that you've sided with the enemy you may not want to stand up there." He gave her a faint smile and moved over a bit so she could join him in his cover.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 pm
magnadearel

"It's fine, I probably would have ignored you anyway." She shrugged, turning his head to check out a sound, and pleasantly surprised, yet still jumpy, to find a little bird taking flight.

Anyone who knew Runa would think her odd, anti-social, and a threat. In her youth she'd been inseparable from her twin, but now...now she flew solo. Like now. If Rona could see her now, what would she say? Would she have to fight her sister?

Her eyes widened and after a hurried look around Runa lowered herself to his side, burrowing as close to the ground as she could while still remaining comfortable. Still, she kept a distance, for a variety of reasons; some being as simple as he was an attractive male and others being that he was wounded. Runa pursed her eyebrows and turned to face him, speaking with a lowered voice, "Have you been treated? Those wounds, I mean?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:51 pm
Painted Moose

He chuckled softly at her sally. Fair turn. A little bird taking flight startled him. He laid back his ears and peered around. After several minutes when nothing further happened, and no lions attacked he slowly relaxed. Living out here was harder than he'd thought.

"What's your name?" Came his soft whisper. Since they were going to be working together, he should get to know her. It made him smile when she took his words to heart and dropped down below line of sight. She didn't argue. At least not yet. Meshach got the feeling she could be opinionated.

His pelt twitched as she mentioned his wounds. They were starting to itch and he was doing his best to ignore it. It wasn't easy. He gave a slight shrug of his shoulder. " 'S best best I could." A slight quirk of lips his lips said that he didn't know that much about healing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:47 pm
magnadearel
I AM SO SORRY THIS IS FREAKISHLY LATE.

"My name?" She murmured with an arch stare, then came to the slow conclusion that yes, that was generally something people wanted to know when meeting strangers. Uh huh, yeah, today was just...odd. "It's Runa."

Still, those brown eyes didn't stray from his wounds, inspecting them the best she could with her limited medical knowledge. "Not bad, but we'll need to find some Myrrh to keep them from getting infected," Runa mused. What else...?

She shook her head. Nothing else was coming to mind. So long as he kept them cleaned and used the Myrrh they should heal on their own, though the itching would be a torment all it's own. "Have you...Well, I'm gonna take a guess and say that you didn't hunt today." He'd need his strength, and Runa wasn't one to sit around and gossip like an old crone. This was getting really uncomfortable for her, really quick.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:40 pm
Painted Moose
Muses have been picky of late. I'm sorry!

"That's a lovely name Runa. It's a pleasure to meet you. Sadly is has to be under these conditions." Meshach gave a sad smile at the sorry state of his pride. It was like a physical pain in his heart to think about it. There was a small amount of comfort that there was another from his pride here with him.

"I..... I'm not sure I know what Myrrh is," the purple lion admitted sheepishly. "I'd be grateful if you could show me." Meshach gave an awkward look. What lion wanted to admit he couldn't hunt for himself? "Ah well no. Didn't want anything to open and make it easier for them to find me."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:05 am
magnadearel
It's fine. c: I haven't been up to date with my tags, so no worries! Muses are fickle creatures.

Lovely? Runa snorted. Lovely wasn't something commonly associated with her, and no matter how sincere it may have been, it came off like a snide remark to her. Still, she kept her mouth shut, and swallowed her defensive pride. "As am I, but it won't last for long. Not as long as I breath." She nodded, steadfast in her conviction.

"...Myrrh is an herb that can help to clear out infection and help your wounds to heal." When she spoke, her tone was an attempt at soft. She nodded her head at his words, looking a little less on edge and vastly more sympathetic. "Smart move. I'll look for some while I'm out, and show you the leaves before I use it. " Runa started to move, thought better of it and leaned back down close to him. "You are going to stay here, right, while I hunt? If you leave I'll just track you down again, and like you said, I don't want to see anything opened up."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:39 am
Painted Moose
Fin?

He heard the snort and wondered if he'd said something wrong. Meshach smiled when he heard the same conviction in her that he felt. If he could find more lions like her, maybe, just maybe he could pull this off.

"I wouldn't mind having it if you can find any, and I'd be grateful if you could show it to me." Meshach was grateful to have someone besides himself to spend time with. It was a great deal better than being alone with his thoughts. His guilty, accusing thoughts. He blinked as she threatened to just find him again if he moved. The purple male gave a rueful chuckle, his first laugh in many days, and nodded.

"I don't plan to move from here unless I'm in danger of being found. Promise." He got a goofy grin on his face. "Besides you're offering to feed me. Why would I run from that?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:44 am
magnadearel
Fin

"That won't be a problem. It's all around this area, you just have to know what you're looking for." Runa rose to her full height and rolled her shoulders. There wasn't a soul around for miles, so she felt that it was a safe enough for her to stretch her legs.

At his chuckle she gave a half, almost shrug of a smile, but it was in her eyes that it could shine. "Well, since you're being so obedient, I'll have to find something really special." Or, rather, as big a game as she could drag back by herself. She could take down the larger stuff no problem, but moving it...ugh.

Dipping her head, Runa turned to take another quick look around, and fled to do her new found duties.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces