Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee (Taji x Hima) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:56 pm
User Image

It had been a while since Taji had stretched his legs in the rouge lands. He loved his pride with all his heart, and he was thankful for the bountiful lands that he called home, but sometimes the unknown peeked his interests. He loved meeting new creatures and, while he wasn't one to recruit for his pride, if someone seemed lost or lonely he'd certainly offer the Kwa Kikombe as a place to find rest and friendly faces.

Today, though, he was simply out for a stroll. The weather had been nice as of late, not too hot to discourage travel, so he let the call of the open plains lure him out. He hadn't been walking for too long before spotting a little oasis, trees and water offering rest to the weary traveler. He was hardly weary, but he figured it might be a good place to find some other creatures to talk to. He made his way over to the shade and plopped down, lapping up some water from the pool at his feet. Oh, it was so sweet...

Drinking his fill, he shook his head and lounged against the trunk of the tree, moving his shoulder blades just a bit to scratch between them. Oh, that was the spot...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:08 pm
User Image

She had been travelling for some time now, with no real end in sight. She was just travelling. The lions back home were beginning to wear on her nerves, and she had still not found her sister! Things were beginning to drive her insane there, and she knew she had to get out of there before things got much worse! But she would return, oh yes, she would return. If for nothing else but to find her pitiful excuse for a sister, and show her just how much better she was than her. The idea of stuffing her life in Nema's face allowed a small wicked smile to creep over the lioness' face. One glancing upon her would be reminded of a villain coming up with a dastardly deed.

Glancing around her, she realized she was no longer alone. Just ahead of her was a large male, with a fluffy looking mane. Beside him was a small oasis, something she'd been without in her travels. Her mouth quickly began to water, and she knew she wouldn't be able to pass up the opportunity to take a drink.

Even if it meant she would have to ... Hima's spine shuddered in disgust as she thought the words.

Make nice.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm
Taji let his eyes slide closed as he lounged, feeling and looking the part of a lazy male lion in the midday sun. He loved every second of it. Back in the pride he was anything but lazy, but out here with no duties to tend to...it was nice. A change in the wind made him open his eyes, though, trying to spot the new smell. His eyes focused on a female not too far off and he felt his tail twitch with interest.

She didn't make to come closer, and he realized he might be stopping her from drinking simply by being here. The rouge lands were different than any pride life, and he had to remember to let others know he wasn't a threat before they got close. He pushed himself up and gave a warm smile, lifting his paw in recognition.

"Hello!" he called out, his voice cheerful and welcoming. "Please, it's pretty warm out today. Come have some water." Why else would she be staring in this direction for so long? He wasn't far from his pride, so he knew water was close, but to her...well. It might have been the first water she'd seen in days.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm
Hima didn't even so much as bat an eye as the male waved at her in greeting, she was used to these types of things. Males with their tongues hanging from their mouths, eyeballing her from across the way. It was all too boring, and all too annoying. Then came the words, cheerful and happy, though with a raised tone to ensure she heard him. Of course she would hear him, he was shouting across an empty area, with little to no sound except their own voices - or rather his voice.

Hima cringed as he shouted happily over to her, "Ugh...." She groaned, as she rolled her eyes into her head. It was going to be one of those days, and there was nothing she could do about it. Sighing to herself, she took the opportunity to close the distance between them Though she was NOT happy about it.

As she got closer, she caught the scent of many lions upon him, was he part of a pride? Or simply one who would bed anyone who graced him with their presence? Either way, she didn't care much. She only wanted to get her water and be on her way.

"Yes ... it is rather warm out today, wouldn't you say?" She hummed the words, almost musically as she smiled. Allowing her tail to wrap gently around the male's chin, before trailing down his side as she passed him by.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:30 pm
As the female approached Taji sat up just a bit straighter. Now that she was closer he could see her pelt in detail, and while it was simple, it was stunning. Taji had seen some very pretty females in his relatively short time on this earth, but she was the winner by far. He tried to keep his mind in check as she approached, but when her fiery tail curled under his chin and swept down his side he knew he'd be fighting a losing battle.

Clearing his throat just a bit, he turned his attention to her as she passed him. "A bit warmer now that you're here, perhaps," he said as smoothly as he could. He wasn't used to putting the moves on females, since it was usually a happy tumble together when he did find someone to get a bit frisky with, but with her...it just begged the one liners.

"What's your name?" he asked as he stood, tilting his head just a bit. "I'm Taji." For now he'd hold off, though, not wanting to overwhelm her with his horrible flirtatious lines. He knew they were horrible. He'd been told so. Taji usually relied on his humor and warm nature to win females but...ah well. He'd probably never see her again, so where was the harm?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:49 pm
Hima let out a slight huff at the male's comment, she had him wrapped around her paw and she knew it. Of course, the male couldn't have made it more obvious that this was the case. But that didn't matter, she had him right where she wanted him.

She had won.

"Oh is that so? I hadn't noticed." She mumbled, shuffling her fur just a bit to allow her scent to waft around him. At the request of her name, Hima merely smiled a glint appearing in her eye. "Oh, I don't divulge such information so easily ... Taji ... those who want to know it ... have to earn it." She smiled once more, allowing her hip to brush against his rear as she walked past him. Bending down, she made sure to do so slowly, and seductively. She began to lap at the water quickly, but she soon slowed as she noticed him watching her through the corner of her eye. "Are you thinking about earning my name ... Taji?"

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:57 pm
Oh, she certainly was a sly one, wasn't she? Taji let the little bump run up his spine in the form of a shiver, and after watching her lower her head to drink, moving just a bit closer.

"I'd be interested in seeing what that requires," he said in return, purple eyes bright with interest. "I've never met someone who guards their name so fiercely." That much was true, for certain. Names were things that should be given freely in his mind. How else would you make friends? He couldn't call her 'No Name'. That wouldn't be very nice.

Approaching her side, he kept the space to a minimum, curious to know what sort of task might gain him her name. Groveling, perhaps? He knew some females were all about dominating males. With no one from his pride around he'd certainly go to quite a few extreme lengths to win the answer from her.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 pm
She could feel his eyes running down every inch of her body, and she had to force herself to stifle the laugh. This wasn't funny ... but at the same time, it really was. She enjoyed the attention, to some extent, but perhaps not the extent one would think. Males themselves drove her crazy, and she despised being around them. Unless of course, she stood to gain something. Which with the strange one, it didn't seem she did. All he came with were odd flirts and strange looks.

"Well I suppose the requirements are up to the suitor." The words slid from her lips with a purr as she slid her tail underneath and took a few steps into the cool water. "Excuse my habits, i'm just a bit overheated." Smiling over at him, she found a suitable place slightly past where the waves hit the bank, and lay there. Allowing her underbelly to relax in the cool water, as she stared cooly over at the male.

"What I mean is, I prefer to be impressed before I give away such a special bit of information." All she could do was laugh lightly at his comment on her name guarding. "Yes, well I come from a place, where knowing one's name is a very special honor. I wouldn't want to offend my home, but not holding true to its ideals when I travel.

Of course you understand that, don't you Taji?"

She absolutely loved saying his name, it sort of rolled off the tongue! And the look in his eyes everytime she said it ... well it was fun!

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:15 pm
"Oh, please, do as you wish," Taji said, realizing he might be coming off as a bit creepy. He let her step into the water and kept his distance, although his eyes remained on her. How could they not? She was gorgeous. Anyone could see that, feline or canine, male or female. The mere fact that she allowed him to be around her was fantastic.

Tilting his head just a bit, he gave a quiet 'ah' of understanding. "Well...if it's the way of your pride I wouldn't want to press," he said, bobbing his head just a bit. "Perhaps there's a nickname I could call you? Or do I need to work for that as well?" He glanced around and grinned slightly at the sight of a coconut not far from where he stood. That could work out quite well. It certainly was smaller than the hollowed shell he was used to playing with, but as a youth he had honed his skills with an empty coconut.

"One moment," he said, turning and trotting over to the fruit on the ground. With a well-practiced bite he poked a few holes in the husk and lifted it in his mouth to drain the juice. He shook it a few times for good measure before returning to the water's edge. This would impress her, he was sure! He didn't end up on the championship Kikombe team by chance, after all.

He started by passing the coconut back and forth between his paws. Easy enough, until he sped up. Then he passed it back to his hind paw, which expertly bat it back up to the front. He repeated this, zig-zagging the motion so his left hind paw passed to the right front paw, which passed back to the right back, and that in turn shot the coconut up to the front left. With a dip of his head the coconot was airborne, and he jogged forward just a bit to bonk it with his head. It sailed quite a fair distance before knocking into the trunk of another tree. It fell to the ground and, just a few moments later, three more coconuts joined it in the sand.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:27 pm
Hima smiled a shy smile as she continued to enjoy her bout in the water. She hadn't done this since she was little, normally she steered clear of the water, but since this wasn't the sea water she was used to ... she would enjoy it while she could. This water wouldn't dry out her fur and cause if to frizz! No it would do the exact opposite, leaving her silky smooth and white as snow. Just the look she was going for.

"Oh there is a nickname ... in fact that is what you are working to obtain. Outsiders are not allowed to know the true names of my pride's people, we all have other names to give out to those who request it. But we are only free to do so when we feel the outsider has earned the privilege." Hima raised a paw to her lips to hide a fake giggle, all the while knowing she was driving the poor male crazy. But if she was going to be forced to spend time with him ... she might as well have some fun with it ... right? Right.

Hima sat in silence, watching Taji as he gathered the materials, never so much as showing a slight bit of emotion. Even when he began to juggle the coconuts, she simply watched. Straight faced, and without blinking, completely void of emotion. As the show went on, she found her eyes drooping a bit, and she did her best to keep them open. She kinda liked this guy ... she didn't want to hurt his feelings. Something completely out of character for her.

As the male finished she could feel his eager eyes upon her, and raised her paws to offer him a simple clap.

"That was ... interesting!" She managed to mumble, unphased by the entire show.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:36 pm
Taji grinned as he turned to see the female's reaction, but when all he got was a single clap and a rather lackluster reply, his ears drooped a bit. Sure, it had been a while since he'd played but...was it really that dull? He'd definitely have to go home and shape up a bit. Practice with the youth to bring back his skill.

"Heh...sorry," he said, lifting a paw to rub at his face in embarrassment. "I used to be a lot better...I guess being one of the rulers of my pride has brought my skill level down a bit." Now he was the player overseer, the one who made sure the players were treated properly, that they took care of themselves when injured, boosted their moral, anything pertaining to the prides members, it was his job. He sat down, his mind running a mile a minute to try to think of something else that might impress her.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:42 pm
All she could do was look at him with a mixture of pity and embarrassment. Though she had no idea what either of those emotions actually felt like, she found herself to be quite good at mimicking them. She felt a strange urge to comfort him, but could then feel her inside begin to writhe in disgust at the idea. Definitely not her brightest idea!

She was just about to stand and pat the male on the back, fully prepared to be on her way when the words hit her ears. Ruler? Pride? She had conveniently allowed the plural in his comment to escape her ears and focused only on himself and his status. She'd known there was something pleasant about him, and now she knew what it was.

"Y-You rule a pride Taji?" Her words actually held sincerity as she stood and slowly advanced towards him. "Now that's interesting ... why don't you tell me a little more about it? I'd love to listen!' Hima purred the words as she once again found herself at the male's side, her behind slowly brushing against his side as she tried to attract his attention.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:07 pm
Taji looked up as the female spoke, the change in her voice apparent. When she repeated his statement he nodded, finally catching on. He'd never taken his status in the pride too seriously, since he didn't like be treated different from his old friends, but in this situation...well. Perhaps his title would come in handy.

"I do. The Kwa Kikombe. We're not far from its borders, actually," he said, nodding back in the direction he'd come from. "It's a very welcoming place, all shapes and sizes can come. We enjoy playing games, specifically one called Kikombe that involves a shell from a tortoise and a few teams."

His voice trailed off, slightly distracted, as she bumped her rump against his side once again. She was wet now, but that didn't matter much to him. The cool water felt nice on his fur, after all. "I was recently appointed about a year ago, I believe...pulled from my trainer roll to run the whole pride." Well, with Howa's help. She was the tactical mind of the two of them, though, seeing the rules and regulations of the game were held up to par.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:13 pm
Hima was hanging on by his every word now, and would continue to be so long as he didn't say something ridiculous. She was listening to everything he said, partly with interest, and partly to gauge whether or not he was lying to her. If he were to be found a liar, she would gut him like a fish! A really large, fat, ugly fish! For a moment she glared at him, though he was unable to see it. But she quickly returned to her normal gaze and quieted down to hear what he had to say.

"A pride of lions who like to play games? That seems a little silly Taji ..." Her voice was low, but still held its interest. Surely there was more to it, he had to have some dominating roll over the others. Something that made him rise above them in the ranks?

"Ohhh that's good! Someone must have seen something in you, that made you a born ruler. I wonder what it was..." Lifting a paw from the ground she began to tap at her chin as she became lost in thought.

"So Taji ... is there a Misses Taji?"

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:18 pm
Taji smiled just a bit at the comment. "It may seem silly, but, while the games are structured and support good sportsmanship, they are quite violent. Someone usually leaves the field bloodied and bruised, and quite often it's everyone on both teams."

He laughed slightly, although he kept it toned down. She didn't seem to like the over the top attitude he normally sported. "Well...there were reasons, of course. I'm very fair and like to see everyone succeed in life. My ancestor was also the lion that founded the pride, although I'm the first in his line to rule. Those who succeed the rulers are picked based on personality, merit, and a pawful of other things, so it's certainly earned and not something that is a birthright."

The question made his smile falter just a bit in surprise, but a laugh followed. "No," he murmured as he lowered his voice again. "No Misses Taji. Just Mister Taji."  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff