Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Do any of you remember this game from the computer?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you remember anything from your childhood? (Ages 9 and below)?
  Hellz no. I can't. I'm too old.
  I'm too old, but I can still remember some
  Maybe...but it's too fuzzy and too long ago
  Nope, too long ago.
  HAVE NO IDEA. TOO ANCIENT TOO LONG AGO. HOW CHEESY
View Results

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:22 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IB8RjJb8BI

Do any of you remember this game from the computer? THIS IS AS ANCIENT TO MY LIFE AS YOU CAN GET!!!!!!!!!! I haven't played this game since like elementary school. I have no idea what grade, but had to been at least 3rd grade in stuff. I remember this game in stuff. Super Munchers in crap. I think that is what it was called. Ancient educational games. That and the stupid IBM mouse games where the mouse was the character, but I heard of but forgot what it was called. I don't remember anything from 1999 and below.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:26 am
Besides from the schools, my parents bought a series of educational PC games called Cornerstone Home or something, it covered various educational things from grades 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8, but we stopped playing it once we hit middle school in 6th grade in 2001-2002. That is also another one. I tried to play it last year, but it is soo old, Windows 7 can't support it or something. I WANNA PLAY IT crying  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 am
Of course this was also the time when our dad showed us this game. biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvYyaVuBeqU

*lolz*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:33 pm
Usually Windows will let you configure your computer to older versions for old games. Although if it's not a Windows game, you'll probably need an emulator. If you have it on a disc to install, though, I'm not really sure how that works... You could probably find whatever game it is to download. It might actually be abandonware by now if it's old enough, which means it would be free.  

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:44 pm
If you're interested in playing that Super Munchers game again, here is where you can get the emulator and you can grab the game here or here (which is where I grabbed it) or here if you register, I think.

Sorry about all of that old linking there but I have DOS BOX so I figured I would grab this game for it. At the moment, all I have is Oregon Trail.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:59 pm
Oh geez, these games. I actually really liked em.  

Patmoto

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 am
fourk
If you're interested in playing that Super Munchers game again, here is where you can get the emulator and you can grab the game here or here (which is where I grabbed it) or here if you register, I think.

Sorry about all of that old linking there but I have DOS BOX so I figured I would grab this game for it. At the moment, all I have is Oregon Trail.
DOS BOX? I Have that. So I could play DOOM but my computer laptop is soo stupid and retarded that when I play doom or doom 2, it will turn off within 30 minutes. It sucks!!!!!!!!! I know. My old laptop from freaken 2005, I played emulator games (SNES, NES, Genesis, etc...) on emulators all day like theres no tomorrow and my old laptop NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER x 100 ever shut down on me unless I told it to or unless I got spyware. So yeah. I consider my older laptop superior to this piece of crap from 2010 I have now, cuz I can't play intense games on this piece of crap or else it will randomly turn off. But my old laptop is way too slow.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:02 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
fourk

DOS BOX? I Have that. So I could play DOOM but my computer laptop is soo stupid and retarded that when I play doom or doom 2, it will turn off within 30 minutes. It sucks!!!!!!!!! I know. My old laptop from freaken 2005, I played emulator games (SNES, NES, Genesis, etc...) on emulators all day like theres no tomorrow and my old laptop NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER x 100 ever shut down on me unless I told it to or unless I got spyware. So yeah. I consider my older laptop superior to this piece of crap from 2010 I have now, cuz I can't play intense games on this piece of crap or else it will randomly turn off. But my old laptop is way too slow.

Yeah I find that most newer laptops are sold at much too high a price for the graphics cards they come with. Like I can't play The Sims 3 without worrying about it crapping out every hour or so. I hateeee it.  

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Dannyxcores
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:56 pm
My parents got us those Jump start games. That was when we had Windows 95. Wow.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:43 am
I just hate my computer. Had it since January 2010. So I haven't had to reformat or anything to it ever since.

THE ONLY PROBLEM, ONLY THING that is wrong with this stupid computer laptop, is that it randomly turns off. That is the ONLY ONLY x100 thing wrong with it. Nothing else. So I can't have too much stuff going on or else it may randomly turn off. I HATE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!! SOO STUPID!!!!!!!!

Can't even play games on it anymore. My older crap computer from 2005-2009 was way better for that. I played DOOM in crap for like 12 hours in a day. I can't do that now. It will turn off within like less than 30 minutes. Soo stupid.

I feel like reformatting, but not sure yet. I mean, I CANT GET A NEW COMPUTER EVER FOR A WHILE, Cuz I suck and don't make much money, so I can't get a new computer at all for a while. So yeah. HaVE TO DEAL WITH IT!! So I am hoping that reformatting, will make it shut down less. Cuz it's stupid. ONLY THING WRONG WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!! RANDOM SHUT DOWNS!!!!!!!!!! USUALLY when my computer is too hot and stuff. But my old computer got hot all the time, and IT NEVER EVER SHUT DOWN, I played doom for like 10 hours and it didn't shut down. NEVER unless I told it to.

NOw it just shuts down when it feels like it.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji6IFDJFr8k  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:12 pm
Theres much more games I remember from when I was ages 10 to like at least 14 and they weren't mainstream video games. They were like mostly educational games.

Like I don't remember that stupid MOUSE character from the stupid Mac games I experienced from like 3-5 grade. I also experienced Oregon Trail from elementary school which was like old NES version, but when I was in middle school I experienced a more modern version in stuff from like I freaken dunno (but had pre-rendered actual actors in stuff). At least SNES graphics. WHat I really miss is that awesome BALL game from middle school where I would control a ball or something on various hard courses and would move the ball from various courses and the more levels you advance from the harder it gets. I WISH I KNEW WHICH GAME IT WAS FROM BUT IT WAS FROM A YAHOO GAMES FROM FREAKEN like 2002-2004 I dunno. Forgot it was called.

Another one I remember is book worm, and DYNAMITE. Both also from Yahoo games. I am sure you can find them on yahoo games somewhere. But yeah I miss these old games.

Also, can't forget MAVIS BEACON TOUCHES TYPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Aoi the Crossdresser

River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff