Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Question about Assembly of the Sacred Wheel

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mechanical kitsy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:47 pm
They're pretty much the dominant group in my region... There are 11 covens, Keepers of the Holly Chalice, Coven of the Rowan Star, Oak & Willow, Weavers of the Moonfire, Guardians of the Windsword, Fellowship of the Ancient White Stag, Troupe of the Starry Door, Chalice of Living Stars, Tenders of the Earth Temple, Order of the World Tree, and Grail of the Birch Moon (taken from website).

They run the metaphysical shop here too, and offer classes, workshops, sometimes even "self-dedication rites." I know one of the elders, a bit, as I see him in the shop sometimes (he's a nice guy) I don't know much about them as a group though. Anyone have any experience with them or know anything about the group? It doesn't seem too traditional, but I don't really know.

I plan to ask the next time I go to the shop, but it's a good 30 miles from me so I can't just pop in.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:20 pm
Never heard of them, but just based on how they describe their practices, I'm leaning towards Eclectic NeoPagan, rather than Traditional Wicca of any sort. Doesn't mean that it still might not be worth checking out, if it's something you are interested in though.

None of the bios for any of the Elders listed either mention anything about actually being initiated at any point (just mentions stuff like "active in the Wiccan community" and similar). But again if you don't mind that it's not BTW then that's not necessarily an issue.

Your other option would be to ask on Amber and Jet, they'd know if it was BTW or not.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:25 am
Definitely not BTW. But nice enough, if you're interested in the sort of thing they do.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games