Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Worried and Confused

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little-Lenah

Incredible Lover

15,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm
So I'm on birth control. This past month was a little wonky because I didn't take it at the same time every day. Stupid of me? Yes. My boyfriend and I have, of course, had sex on several occasions this past month.

I didn't get my period. Usually, the bleeding starts light on Thursday afternoon, and goes all Friday and Saturday and sometimes even into Sunday. That hasn't happened. I haven't had a single drop of blood. Its scared the hell out of me.

So, the apocalypse blooming in my mind, I went to the drug store and bought a 2-pack pregnancy test. I went to my boyfriend's place, where I knew my parents would never fish the used test out of the garbage, and followed the instructions. I thought for sure my fears would come true, but the test came back negative.

So now I'm confused and still worried. I don't know if the test was wrong, or my body is trolling me. I don't have time to go to the doctor's because my boyfriend and I are leaving tomorrow to visit his parents for a week. But I'll find a way to discreetly take the second test there, and hope it comes back negative. When we get back, I'll look into going to a clinic for a more thorough test.

But otherwise I'm thoroughly confused as to why - if it turns out I'm not pregnant - I haven't had my period.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:59 pm
Many things (including medication changes, diet changes, weight changes, stress, illness, and more) can make you miss a period even if you're on the pill and usually get your period regularly. If you still don't have a period in a week, test again to make sure. Other than that, don't panic; it's common. But do tell your doctor about it the next time you go so that she can make a note of it.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas