Today was not Angaza's day.

The Hyena watched the sky idly, pale eyes flicking. It was warm, and the male wanted to lie still and cool down, but his mind was on the lions they'd encountered days ago. His ear flicked with the idleness of a lazy dog and he glanced to the others. Nasa was likely to be returning soon, and he was fairly sure the pride that tried going at them was close. Adhari was curled up sleeping with Dulce, and this kept him from being anxious, knowing he was guarding. Tencho-- well that female was odd, and she was laying idly as he was, the male watching her a few moments before sighing. Hopefully they were safe. She didn't look like a fighter.

Kabi had no idea why Kankri insisted she take him away from the heart of the pride before the noctournal pride was up normally, but she didn't think anyone would notice the lioness who didn't quite fit slipping to humour the sassiest cub in the pride. They would get peace and quiet, and Kankri would possibly be happy. Kabi liked seeing others happy, admittedly. It was nice.

Kankri moved by the adult's side, surprised she didn't object to his being interested in the borders, but he'd hoped the group he'd met before wasn't gone. The male was eager, moving and looking back to Kabi, who smiled reassuringly and kindly, and he danced around, glad someone understood, or seemed to. The dusty Hyena laying in the grass made him brighten, and he bound for him, Kabi blinking and hurrying after.

Tencho lifted her head as figures began approaching, Angaza looking to her idly, with slight distaste.

"There's strangers coming. Wait, no, one is the fluff-o-matic kid from last time when you all so, so very kindly picked me up.

"You tagged along, we just have the decency not to throw youn on your ear." Angaza rose, shaking himself out. The adult was new, and he wasn't sure where she thought approaching a grown hyena was wise, before seizing. He knew the markings on her legs and ears and tail, though her body and eyes differed. He knew them... But it weasn't the cub. Angaza sat in silence as Kankri approached, dancing to Tencho fearlessly.

"Hello, miss!" Kankri was happy, and Tencho grinned, flopping on him. The youth squeaked, flailing and crying about being triggered as Tencho laughed, letting him up.

"Hi there, kid. What brings you here again?" She grinned, cheery. He beamed.

"I wanted to see everyone. You should'nt fall on others, they might trigger and or be hurt and that's not very kind. If you like we could have an ample discussion about it in length--"

"Easy Kankri, I think you warned her enough." Kabi spoke gently. Kankri huffed indignantly.

"I suppose." The Juvenile grumbled, as Tencho grinned, giving him a great lick on the top of his head. Kankri grumbled indignantly, and Kabi blinked.

Angaza was staring-- in that way one did when trying not to, and the demon felt herself shift unconfortably, moving back some.

"Is something wrong?" She asked. Angaza blinked.

"Ah. Who is your mother?" He asked softly. Kabi blinked.

"Moricorm. Heiress to the Morifaer half of the pride. Papa's name is Kohrisu."

"I see. Is she...?" He motioned to Tencho's pelt with a paw. The Leotah glanced up from grooming a frazzled Kankri, the young male looking indignant.

"Pale? No. Papa barely even registers as a demon, but he does. Why?" She smiled innocently, and Angaza flinched.

"You look like someone I met long ago, as a cub. She would've been grown by now."

There was silence, Kankri blinking before speaking first.

"Trigger warning for pain, angst, sadness, family shaming..."

"Shut up kid." Tencho picked him up, startling the youth enough to quiet as Kabi frowned.

"Great-Grandma. EVERYONE in my family, except Mama, says I look like her! But with a little grandma." Her ears pinned back. "I even have have her name!"

"Trigger warning for name shaming! Kankri protested unhappily. "I'm feeling triggeeeered!"

Angaza ignored him, Tencho groaning as the hyena sighed. Great Grandmother. How time flew.

"So, have you met her then?"

He.. Half hoped she was alive. He expected so-- she hadn't been so old, nor had he, then. Kabi frowned, and he blinked.

"Great-Grandma died from old wounds. She'd been enslaved, disappeared a long time when it happened. She didn't see Aunt Epyon or her siblings grow up."

"I'm sorry." Immediately, Angaza deflated. He never got to apologize, and it was a sense of closure he'd never get. Guilt rolled around inside shamelessly, and Kabi moved over curiously.

"How did you know her?"

"I was in a bad place and did some terrible things." Angaza grunted. Kabi flinched, looking to Tencho. By the time she got over, Tencho had Kankri laying on the ground unhappily, grooming him. The juvenile was squeaking in surprise, looking around nervously for help as she approached, sighing.

"Really, Kankri, it's only a bath."

"FROM A STRANGER AND SHE'S GOT A ROUGH TONGUE AND I AM HAVING MY PERSONAL SPACE INVADED."

"You wanted to visit. We're visiting. Welcome to affection." She half smiled to him. TYencho letting a rather flustered Kankri up. He dove behind Angaza, the male blinking. For one moment, his mind wandered to an old friend, and he tore his mind away again.

"Females are fairly obsessed with bathing, yes." He shrugged. "And if you aren't quiet, more will wake up."

Kankri's ears flattened, and Tencho smirked. Kabi smiled. He really was a good kid. too good. But he seemed not to mind.;

"She could be trying to claw you, Kankri." Kabi spoke gently, nodding. Kankri looked up, and frowned, unhappily.

"Claw? Like Meenah?"

The three adults went quiet. Tencho and Angaza's eyes flit to Kabi, who shook her head quietly, looking to Kankri.

"Yeah. Like Meenah." Her tone seemed slightly sadder. She dislikes using Meenah tormenting the boy as comparison, but it was accurate. Kankri seemed to quiet, nodding and sitting. Tencho's eyes flit up.

"Who's Meenah?"

"Another cub close in age. She's... Well, Kankri is obviously not the normal demon." She said softly. "Has one, but neither are that... Cruel. They're more like Sparda, not Morifaer, but most lions in-pride forget that side anymore, so he gets.. Bullied a lot." She shook her head. "He means well. But he doesn't... Fully fit in."

There was an unspoken addition, something she held back, and Angaza frowned. He knew silences. Tencho cocked her head. Angaza settled.

"Not everyone is cut to be where they are, but if you're happy, it is best to remain there. If it changes you, makes you miserable... Run. Run away and never return." The male looked quiet again. Kabi sighed, and moved to nose Kankri.

"Will your group be out here tomorrow?" Kabi asked, quietly.

"It depends I suppose. Perhaps, perhaps not." Angaza loooked to Tencho, the female shrugging. Kabi nodded, Kankri dangling in her jaws like a limp kitten.

"We'll have to go now, but if you're here, we may visit again." She got out around fur. Another nod from Angaza.

"Alright." He smiled. "Have a pleasant evening."

Kabi nodded, trotting inward with Kankri, moving to try avoiding being found near potential slaves, and Kankri just glanced back, shyly. Angaza and Tencho watched them so, before flopping.

"That was creative." She grunted.

"Ah?"

"The female is hiding something. I just don't know what. I'm napping."

"Alright." Angaza lay down, resuming his idle position, and his eyes flicked about, the hyena vigilant once again.