Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 pm
User Image

Bozi was having a pretty bad week. He'd been taunted by a cub, been beaten up in the rouge lands by a demon that had been sent to teach him his manners even though he was a well-behaved slave, and now he had been banned from eating until tonight. There was a big kill and there was lots of meat left over, but the demons didn't want their slaves feasting on food that was equal to theirs. They wanted the flies to get at it a bit more first, so a few guards were standing by the huge beast to keep the lighter colored lions away.

The pastel lion kept close to the little river running near where the kill had taken place. He was hungry but wouldn't risk his still injured shoulder, or his life, to snag a bite of fresh meat. He was used to the bits that no one wanted, so even stale flank meat was better than nothing.

Lapping at the cool water to curb his hunger, he glanced at his reflection with a frown. Why did he have to be born so pale?

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:13 pm
Kabi was pulling some of her food away from the others for now, not interested in the boasting and crowding that would occur, simply because her sister was going to be there with her new bird-slave.

It bugged her, honestly, that the dyed lioness, the favorite was so... Haughty. But then, Kabi didn't fit in at all. She was brown, and still young, but not really... Cruel. And she was Morifaer side. Why not at least Sparda where she could help others? The female drooped a bit before seeing one of the Na'artu, and blinked. The slaves she grew up around were always smiling, friendly, but he looked so... Down. She looked around, then at her food. Maybe..? She pad close, head low, and put the food down, clearing her throat delicately.

"Excuse me, are you alright?" She asked softly.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:26 am
Bozi paused in his drinking to examine his reflection. He tilted his head this way and that to look at the scar on his muzzle, reminding him every day of what a failure he was, not only in the general sense, but also to his family. He was sure his siblings and parents made sure to stay far away from him, because he never saw them now. Perhaps his parents had died...or his siblings moved on, leaving him there. He wouldn't put it past them to do so.

Looking up, he spotted a demon dragging some food towards him. He instantly lowered his head and laid down on the ground, not wanting to appear a threat or to challenge the female. When she spoke to him, though, he cowered and began to tremble.

"Y-yes, mistress demon," he stammered, biting his tongue in the process. He clamped his mouth shut with a click and kept his face turned away from her, not wanting to offend her as she ate. He'd try to move away in a bit, but for now it was best to stay still and let her do as she pleased.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 am
Kabi blinked, ears laying flat on her skull. Was he scared? Of what?

The female looked around, before dropping her food, approaching and nosing him gently.'

"Hey, what's wrong? Did I scare you? I'm sorry!" Kabi drooped. "I didn't mean to!"

SilverLutz

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:37 am
Thanks to facing the other way, Bozi didn't see the lioness approaching. The nose against his body made him jump in surprise, and he had to force himself not to claw the dirt and drag himself away from her. Stay still...maybe she wouldn't hurt him. His frantic thinking made him nearly miss her apology, as well as her honestly sorry tone of voice.

Hesitantly, he turned to face her, still hugging the ground like a snake. "You're sorry?" he repeated quietly, eyes wide. No one had ever apologized to him before. Laughed at him and mocked him, sure, but honestly? She sounded very sincere. "You...you should never be sorry to a slave, mistress demon," he said, finding it quite bold of himself to tell her what to do.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:12 pm
"....I don't see why not. You're living. Just light. I think your coat is pretty." She smiled gently. She grew up around slaves, raised thinking how lucky her father was to have so little white. Not all were lucky though. She felt bad. Her mother treated her slaves better than poor Bozi seemed treated already.

SilverLutz

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:38 pm
Bozi stared openly at the female, his jaw open in surprise. Pretty? Had she really just called his coat pretty? This had to be some kind of joke! He quickly looked away, putting his paws over his head to ward off any wayward blows.

"Please don't say such lies, mistress demon, I beg of you," he whimpered softly. It would be much easier if she didn't tease and torment him before attacking him, in all honesty. Cowering and shaking with his eyes closed, Bozi remained where he was and waited for the paws to start falling, the claws to start tearing at his skin, maybe even teeth to pierce his hide.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:41 pm
Kabi looked absolutely wounded.

"I'm not lying. You do look pretty. Maybe not a demon, but certainly pretty to me." She blinked. "You may call me Kabi. It's okay. Mama taught me never to hurt slaves. Papa too. I promise."

She was agonizing watching Bozi so afraid. Taka and her mate weren't afraid when she was growing up, nor her father before he posed as he did. This.. This hurt to see. But perhaps Noh was right and she was too kind.

SilverLutz

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:44 am
The lighter lion carefully peeked at the lioness again, her tone of voice surprising him once again. She sounded genuinely hurt by his words, and she didn't look very happy either. Any demons that might happen by could mistake her sadness for him mouthing off to her, and he didn't need that. While her words were sweet and kind, he didn't trust those that ran the pride to be kind to him. She was no exception, but he did feel badly for making her upset.

"T-thank you, mistress demon, but I really shouldn't," he stammered, although now he was looking at her rather than away. "If someone heard..." He didn't belong to anyone in particular, so there was no lion that would stop the beatings he'd call upon himself by using a demon's name.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 am
SilverLutz

Kabi still looked worried.

"Then I'll tell them I told you to do it. I [promise." She knit her brows, still worried

"And if they complain I'll take them to my Mama to be dealt with. Are you hungry?" She blinked. "I have some extra food, you may have some of it."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 am
Bozi stared at Kabi from under his mane, unsure of what to think. She seemed genuine and no demon had ever tried to trick him like this before. He wasn't sure he had ever met her parents, who seemed to treat slaves with far more respect than the other demons did. To think that there were lions here that didn't walk all over the lighter pelted ones blew his mind.

The sudden change in topics made him glance over to the fresh hunk of flesh that she had brought with her, and his stomach growled loudly. It was far too fresh to even think about sinking his teeth into, though, and she hadn't even eaten any of it yet! No, he shouldn't.

"That is...that is very kind of you mi-...K-Kabi," he stammered, tripping over the informal title. "But that is not fit for a slave. You should save it or bring it to your family. I can wait...there will be much left over once the others have finished." Averting his eyes again, he cleared his throat just a bit. "I am called Bozi," he murmured, returning the favor of giving his name.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am
SilverLutz

Kabi smiled. It was nice seeing him calming, and she thought, nosing some over toward him.

"Well, if it helps, you have permission to eat, and if you want, I'll eat a little first? So no one can complain, Bozi."

She made sure to use his name gently. Her mother always treated Taka and her mate well, even if she didn't always seem pleased when one couldn't do a task... And Bozi was so scared.

"Besides, it's my treat to you. I'll bet you're very good at what you do."

Slaves were not praised enough, either, she thought. He deserved kindness, a warm word to his ear. Everyone did. THAT lesson was a lesson her father taught her.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:28 am
Bozi wasn't worried so much about the complaining, but rather the physical retaliation that might come once Kabi left. The offer was too good to pass up, though. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had a nice hunk of haunch like the one just a few steps away from him. He nodded at the offer, afraid to look at the prize.

"That would be very much appreciated," he said quietly, daring to get his paws under him and stand. He didn't move to his full height, not wanting his head to be higher than the female's.

"I don't really do anything," he admitted after a few moments. "Just...exist here to serve demons."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am
SilverLutz

Kabi took a few bites-- enough for appearances to others -- before nosing the food to Bozi, looking thoughtful.

"Everyone is good at something. Hunting, or cubminding.... My brother's a slave and he's good at stuff. I'll bet you have some skill no one's letting you share." She nodded.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 am
Bozi glanced around and, satisfied that no other demons were close enough to bother them, began to eat. He tried to go slowly so he wouldn't look silly, but it was so good that he found himself wolfing it down at record speed. Once it was gone he began to clean himself up, chewing on a leg bone that had come with the meat.

"I'm good at letting demons vent their anger," he said after a moment. "My fur covers up most scars that are left behind." With the exception of the one on his mouth that he got when he was a cub, but that was probably because the fur there was much thinner.

NovaCracker

[IC] Aegnor'hini Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces