Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:20 pm
User Image

Ooouuuhh, she was sore. Everything hurt! Waking alone and well past sunrise, Samudranta moaned unhappily as she stirred and started to stretch. She'd taken a good tumble the day before, and she was really feeling it now. It had been unpleasant enough at the time, but she was pretty sure it was at least half again as bad the morning after, bad enough that it was tempting to abandon her plans to move and just go back to sleep instead.

Very tempting, indeed, but she was also very thirsty, and a little hungry. Flinching, she finally forced herself to her feet.

"Oww." The scion wasn't normally much of a complainer, but she wasn't normally this achey, either.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:34 pm
Meepfur

Shiva. Odd name.

Still, the lioness stretched and moved out into the sun from her den, walking cheerfully down the path as she did, smiling quietly. The day was nice and she felt good. Safe. Safety made her happy. She was in good spirits fetching breakfast, and bringing it back as she nodded to passers by with a smile, before hearing an "Oww.", and the female stopped, blinking, then looked.

Oh dear.

"Hello?" She called toward the voice. She wasn't sure she heard it-- many others passed by, and many were in dens, and there was always talking in crowds-- but she knew as well she could imagine smaller noises.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 pm
Hnnnf. Sam found herself making all sorts of little noises as she got up and got moving, testing sore limbs and tender feet - and tender head. Ugh, what a headache she had! For having done herself no permanent damage, she nonetheless felt awful. Note to self: running down the mountain at top speed to be avoided in the future.

But wait, someone was saying hello? The lioness blinked bleary eyes and answered, "Morning?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 pm
Meepfur

Shiva perked, and moved towards the sound, carrying breakfast along with her curiously.

"Good Morning! Is everyone alright?"

She wanted to locate this someone!...They might need help! Or at least be good company.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:54 pm
Who was it, and where were they? If she hadn't been twelve kinds of sore, this would have been a fun game! Samudranta soon limped out of a tangle of brush, and found who she thought it might have been. Despite her aches and muzzy head, she smiled amiably. "Fine! Mmf. More or less. Sore, is all, but it'll go away."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:59 pm
Oh! There they were! Shiva smiled brightly, ears pricking, and she moved over to the pale lioness cheerfully.

"That's good. I worried." She nodded.

"I am Shiva. And you?" She beamed again. She liked this, meeting someone new!  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 am
"Sorry, I didn't mean to worry anyone. I was just getting myself moving." Now that she had, though, and now that it seemed she might be lingering here awhile, she sat. Gingerly. "I'm Samudranta, but Sam'll do just fine. It's nice to meet you! You're well, I hope?"

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 am
"That's okay! As long as you're okay, I don't mind!" Shiva smiled, sitting herself to talk, and lowered her kill.

"It's nice to meet you Sam. Would you like to share my breakfast? I have plenty, and if you're sore, it's easier to share than to hunt. I don't mind at all?"

She fumbled on her words a bit, simply bright, cheery. Happy. It was nice, and exciting to meet others and she well, felt a bit wiggly.

Meepfur

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:20 am
"Really?" Samudranta brightened even further, eyes lighting up at the offer of breakfast - not just because she was so hungry, but because it was such a kind offer. That sort of thing never failed to cheer her up. "That's awfully nice of you! I'd love that, if you're sure you don't mind."

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 am
"I'd be happy to!" She beamed. "It's nice to have company, and there's plenty. No sense wasting it when it can help." She smiled.

"Please, help yourself!"
Meepfur

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:33 am
"Thank you!" the lioness chirped, flashing another bright smile before doing as bidden and helping herself - politely and in moderation, of course. Between bites, she asked conversationally, "So, how long have you been here? Well, with the pride, I mean."

Since 'here' would imply the mountain, and anyone who wasn't new new had been 'here' roughly the same amount of time.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 am
Shiva thought, delicately nibbling as she did so, swallowing before answering slowly.

"Several seasons. Certainly before the migration. It's been interesting. I came with my grandmother." She nodded a bit. There had been little for her in the old pride anymore. Mostly, too, she had nobody to stay for.

Meepfur

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:42 am
"Oh, your grandmother? Who's that?" Samudranta asked curiously, peering at Shiva and trying to determine if it might be anyone she knew, but...nope, the lioness didn't bear any strong resemblance to anyone she'd more than glimpsed. But who knew? Sam certainly had plenty of relatives she looked nothing like.

NovaCracker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 am
"Oh, her name is Athena now." Shiva mused a bit, thinking.

"She's very large, and very red."

Meepfur

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 am
"Large and red, hmm? We haven't met, but one of my younger sisters spoke with her, I think." It was odd, having younger siblings; it wasn't that long ago that she'd been that young, and not far off from her name quest. "Is she Firekin? One of my cousins is mated to one, and he's huge! And red, obviously."

NovaCracker

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces