Welcome to Gaia! ::

Artpocalypse

Back to Guilds

Its... the apocalypse of art proportions! Find critiques, trades, collabs and more! 

Tags: Trades, critiques, requests, collaboration, anime 

Reply Artpocalypse
{Thread of the Week} - A Spotlight of Awesomeness

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyxsirisa

Vice Captain

Sparkly Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Hello one and all! I've decided that there needs to be a special spotlight for art related threads that really deserve a bit of attention. In this thread, I will be putting that bright gaia spotlight on certain threads that, for one reason or another, strike me as being worth a second (or third!) look. This is because, after all these years on Gaia, I've come to appreciate a few things when it comes to the artsy side of things - one of them being when a thread's host actually goes above and beyond to make the place interesting or fun to be, because Gaia should always be a place of fun.

The types of threads put on display here will not be restricted to only those belonging to the guild, but also all over Gaia. Be they critique or gallery threads, freebies, requests, art hangouts, shops or contests/auctions. The criteria to be put on spotlight are high, and can range from excellent customer service to amazing art or super great deals or prizes.

You may be wondering - but I know a few threads that deserve this spotlight! Are you the only one who can pick the threads? Hells no! If you know a thread that deserves to be up here, all you have to do is fill out the form below and PM it to Nyxsirisa! As long as the reason is good enough, I'll spotlight them!

Form:
Name of the Thread:
Link:
What sort of thread is it?:
Reason for spotlighting?: (Make it good! Sell me this thread - why in your opinion does this thread deserve a second look?)

There may also be more than one thread per week - if I truly can decide on only one, I may have two or three, but they'll always be top notch and worth checking out! Feel free to stick around and chat in the thread, or chat about the threads herein.

Mood: User Image | Art Slots: OPEN | Questing:User Image9mil/160mil
Help me get my minis, and get cute art! Now with animations!
My DA My Shop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:06 pm

Spotlight

User Image

Rating: heart heart heart heart

This thread is a well run and spunky little profile shop run by a team of two talented ladies - Ms. Sharra and Maori Sharpshooter. Maori is most definitely a creative force to be reckoned with, being able to produce both classic and current styled profile themes that are fun and creative, while Ms Sharra does graphics and the front end layouts (the coding for her profiles are all credited to Maori).

The team of two are not only polite and friendly in their shop, they're also very detail oriented and dedicated to bringing what the customers want. I had an amazing experience and a relatively quick turnaround on my profile (despite having asked for some fairly complex things) and had updates and very good communication throughout the entire process from both girls, even though I had only ordered from Maori.

No question was left unasked, and no request was left unanswered - everything I asked for, I got, and the finished product (which is now my profile! Click my avatar to take a peek!) is not only simple and well pulled off, but exactly the right fit for me. Maori listened to what I had to say and took that, and my personality, and worked hard to bring me a profile that is as unique and fun as I am - and which will be a wonderful home for me and my art on Gaia.

In terms of pricing, they run the gamut from a paltry 80k (for Ms Sharra's wonderful profiles) to 150k (for Maori's Classic theme profiles) - which is barely a fraction of what I would have expected given the hard work and effort that goes in to their profiles. I paid my 150k gladly!

Because of their amazing service, dedication to delivering a quality product, excellent communication and quality work, I decided that they deserved a second look this week, and happily recommend anyone who is looking for a unique custom profile to check them out - they offer freebies and up coming contests for free profiles, and you won't be disappointed by what you get!

Previous Week's Spotlight

Mood: User Image | Art Slots: OPEN | Questing:User Image9mil/160mil
Help me get my minis, and get cute art! Now with animations!
My DA My Shop

Nyxsirisa

Vice Captain

Sparkly Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Artpocalypse

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash