Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Hello friend of my friend (Heidi/Evan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 am
Heidi had to learn some new things if she was going to be responsible for dinner every night. She wasn't bothered by it, and it wasn't a huge hassle, she just needed more things to cook. She'd found a cook book in the library and had started to prepare everything to practice lasagna until she found the peanut butter.

And some apples.

A box of caramels?

She squinted at an apple she'd picked up.

You know what..screw lasagna.

Everything was put back in search of what she needed to experiment with the apples. Pie? Nah. Boring. Caramel apples? Booooooring.

Who put the cinnamon on such a high shelf?

Heidi was now climbing on the counter, awkwardly perched on her knees while clinging to one of the shelves so she could grab the bottle of cinnamon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:53 pm
/And then, and then, and then, and then I hit the shadowlings and then they like exploded and it was so cool!/ Gir babbled excitedly.

I know, Gir, I was there. I was the one who threw you at them, remember? Evan reminded him patiently.

/Oh right but then I flew through the air like wheeeeeee yayyyyy whee and then I hit them and they went pshewww pew pew splat!/

Evan sighed, trying to tune out his weapon's hyperactive rambling as he pushed his way into the kitchen. They had been training all day, and now it was time for a sandwich.

Of course, if that girl fell off the counter--which appeared to be likely, with the way she was sitting on it--he'd probably have to make a detour to the infirmary with her first, and then he'd probably have to fill out a bunch of paperwork, and then he'd never get something to eat. "You need a hand with something?" Evan called out, already walking over.  

Inle-roo

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 pm
When someone called out she blinked and looked over her shoulder, not knowing the voice well enough to just place it yet. Oh! "Hey! Evan, right? Uh...yeah. Could you get the cinnamon for me?" She climbed off the counter, grinning up at him. This was great! She had been meaning to get to know Evan better, it was only right if she got to know her boyfriend's best friend, right?

..Also, he cooked. He could help her! Double win.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:04 pm
The girl looked kind of familiar. Hadn't she asked to sleep with him one time, or something? Why had he said no?

Oh, right, because this was, apparently, Tuck's girlfriend that he had no idea about until that thing with the free cake and drama. "Hi, uhh..." s**t, what was her name? He knew it started with an H, at least. Heather? Helen? "Hhhhhaley?" Evan tried, giving her an apologetic look as he reached up to get the cinnamon. "Sorry, I don't think we've ever really met," he said, handing her the bottle.  

Inle-roo

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:27 pm
"Close. Heidi," she corrected with a giggle, taking the cinnamon when it was offered to her. "Not really, no. It's nice to finally actually meet you." She offered a hand to shake, grinning up at Evan. She wasn't bothered by him getting her name wrong, their past meetings had been so brief that she was surprised he even knew her name started with an H! Did Tuck mention her or something?

"I was going to experiment with some snacks, wanna help? I've goooot apples, peanut butter, caramel squares, cinnamon.." Hm. Was there anything else she could use in her apple experiments?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:02 pm
"Heidi, okay, that was totally gonna be my next guess," Evan informed her with a smile, reaching out to shake her hand. "It's nice to actually meet you, too."

It was nice to know that she was willing to experiment in the kitchen, too; he hardly ever saw anyone else in here. He considered her list of ingredients for a moment, thinking of all of the possibilities. "I guess we could melt the caramel into the peanut butter for dip," he replied, turning back to the shelves to see what else they could use. "We could bake them, maybe, too," he continued, pulling down a bag of white sugar.  

Inle-roo

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:19 pm
She smirked. "I bet it totally was. Heidi's at the top of everyone's name guess list."

Heidi was in the process of stealing a caramel square to actually eat it when Evan suggested melting it with the peanut butter for dip. She hummed thoughtfully. "Hmm..too easy. That's not much of an experiment...ooh, bake them?" With the caramel and peanut butter? She popped the square in her mouth and chewed it while she picked up an apple, idly tossing it in the air a few times while she was busy thinking.

"A new twist to caramel apples, maybe?" Anyone could make a caramel apple. They could improve it.

Inle-roo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:10 pm
"Maybe," Evan allowed, poking through the cabinets until he found a small bowl. "My grandma used to make baked apples and she'd stuff them with like, nuts and raisins and sh--stuff. No reason why we can't do that with the peanut butter and caramel."  

Inle-roo

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:58 pm
Heidi blinked and looked up at Evan as he censored himself. "You don't have to do that, dude. S'fine. I'm not gonna cry because you said 's**t' or '********' just 'cause I don't say it myself," she assured him with a shrug and took the bowl after Evan had found it. Heidi opened up a couple drawers in search of knives and spoons. Ah, that worked. She could scoop out the middle. "If it bothers you just pretend I'm a guy. A guy with fabulous hair."

Because her hair was totally fab.

She started peeling one of the apples with a cheerful hum. "That sounds pretty good though, maybe we could like..core the apples and fill them with the caramel? Or the peanut butter." Or both.

"So, tell me about yourself, Evan. You're my boyfriend's best friend and I've only met you like...twice." It was only right for her to know him, right?

Inle-Roo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:21 pm
Evan's hand paused, hovering, over the bag of sugar, his eyebrows halfway to his hairline as he gave Heidi a look of surprise. He hadn't met a whole lot of outspoken women on the island, but he had mentally put Heidi--based on tweets alone--in the same kind of sweet and maybe a little naive category as Stormy. It was both a shock and relief to be proven wrong, and he chuckled and shook his head. "I'll keep that in mind."

He shook some sugar out into the bowl before reaching for the cinnamon and adding that in, too. "Sounds like a plan. We could probably put both in there. It'll all melt together anyway."

There were more apples to peel, so he picked one up, grabbed a knife, and got to work. He glanced up at Heidi's request for information, barely pausing as he considered how to respond. "Well, I'm a Scorpio, I like to cook, and I know 37 different ways to kill someone with my bare hands." He waited a second to let that sink in before asking, "How about you? How did you get stuck with Mr. Bubbles?" The fond grin on his face belied any kind of insult. He was happy his friend had found someone, and Heidi seemed like a nice girl.  

Inle-roo

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:44 pm
Caramel and peanut butter sounded pretty awesome. Heidi was getting super excited about this. What else could they do? "If we're filling the apples we need to wrap them up or something so they don't fall apart," Heidi mused as she set a finished apple down on a plate and picked up another. Normally she was OCD about it and wouldn't stop until the apple was as perfectly smooth as she could make it but if they were covering them anyway what did it matter? "Like in a crust?"

Heidi laughed when the first thing Evan said was his star sign. "Yes, that is exactly the first thing one must introduce themselves with. I'm an Aries, it's nice to meet you, Scorpio. I'm pretty boss." And then he said he knew thirty-seven ways to kill someone with his bare hands.

She took a step away from the man holding the knife and gave him a squinty-eyed look. "Well, my cooking is just from doing house chores and stuff, but it's fun. Tuck likes when I cook dinner but I'm running out of recipes. So," she held up the apple, "it's time to experiment." Heidi said this with a playfully ominous tone before she started peeling again. "I know how to hunt, but I can't kill a person. I asked, it's illegal in Rhode Island."

It was very possible Heidi had actually asked. As a joke.

"As for Tuck.." Heidi grinned and set her apple down to pick up another one. "I dunno, just lucky, I guess~. I really liked him when we had that spar and hung out after, and then he was just super nice. I was like oh that's cool, friendzone. That's fine." She giggled. "And theeeeen..he kissed me. He surprised me with a little birthday party, something he'd promised to do when I realized I'd missed my own birthday, thank you for the food, by the way~." Heidi hummed thoughtfully. Evan didn't need to know all the details. "Anyway, we went on a picnic at Yellowstone park and he asked me to be his girlfriend." Just her. Only her. Heidi could feel herself blushing just thinking about him, a fond smile on her face as she just focused her attention on the apple in her hand.

And now the important question. "Mr. Bubbles? What's that come from?"  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff