[PD] Are We...Still....Us? (Mariette and Switch) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:34 pm
It was so very soft and warm. Was her nest always this cozy? It felt more like home than ever before. She nuzzled into the soft warmth smelling something wild and untamed and earthy. It was a strangely pleasant smell. As she nuzzled closer to what ever it was she felt something in her hands. She was gripping something light and soft. The fact that she was gripping brought her more into the waking world. Slowly rich green eyelids fluttered open to look at soft cream feathers.

As she looked at the feathers it too a moment for the Spinarak to remember that they belonged to a Farfetch'd she had been exploring the remnants of the fairgrounds. So the softness was Switch's beautiful feathers. The warmth was from the feathers of the wing stretched over her. The face on Mariette's back was a blushing but brightly smiling face. She never felt so comfortable. She felt so small but so safe.

She gave a gentle happy little sigh before the strange sensation that woke her caught her attention again. She tried to shift her legs only to find the strange sensation of gripping something at the end of her limbs. She felt thick feathers over the taught thin muscles. Her two front legs, now unknown to her to thin arms with yellow three fingered hands, curved up around under the thick wings and were gripping the jacket Switch had put on. The second pair of legs, again now a pair of this striped arms with three fingered hands, gripped lower down on the farfetched one hand laced in the the thick feathers at the start of Switch's tail feathers and the other at the feather's covering Switch's right tight. Her third pair of legs were tucked up along the long legs of the other female. This green hair was cascaded about her shoulder and naked chest. She could not feel the band at her head as it had failed off onto the ground she lay on.

She nuzzled again into the soft chest of the other before she brought one of her front leg slowly forward. her solid black eyes widened just a bit though the face on her naked back's eyes when as wide as they could go. What was wrong with her leg?It had a thick part on the end with three strange digits. She gasped and sat up looked at all of her new limbs she felt her heart racing so fast it almost hurt. She was able now to look down at her body she was so much bigger everything about her was strange. The last pair of legs she had were bent the other way and now had large lumps at the end which she knew were feet and toes. She clicked her mandibles a bit in confusion and looked down at the beautiful though completely different looking Switch. H..had they found a star that Carwyn had once told her about? Surely they had if they were so changed. But she did not remember seeing a start by any means.

Sitting naked on her knees she slowly reached out one of her new hands to softly touch the large wing, "S..Switch?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dooma

She had not slept so deeply and comfortably in many months. This was the first conscious thought that came to mind as Switch was roused from sleep by Mariette's movements. Her thoughts were very hazy and floated through her consciousness like thick fog. Her movements seemed heavy and foreign. Had she fallen asleep in an awkward position, causing her limbs to go numb? She sighed and moaned softly, hesitating to wake completely.

But parts of her body had grown suddenly cold, including the top of her tail of all places, and she realized that whatever she had been sleeping against had been moved.

Mariette's voice brought memories rushing back to her, and the farfetch'd girl's eyes flashed open as she sought out her companion. Somehow, Mariette sounded a little different, though she could not pinpoint why as the spinarak child leaned over her, cast in silhouette. She squinted up at Mariette, whose face at least seemed similar to what she remembered, and therefore did not yet realize the change that had taken place while they slept.
"My eyes aren't working yet. You seem different. And so do I," she added with wonder. Her own voice sounded foreign to her ears. Nothing seemed to be working right just yet, not her eyes, nor her ears.

Sluggishly she sat up and leaned her weight on one wing, which did look normal, at least. With a frown, she looked down at the jacket. Didn't it have sleeves last night? she wondered. With a quick look and confused frown, she confirmed that the sleeves had indeed been torn away from their shoulder seams. How could such a thing have happened? She gasped and looked around for her sleeves, finding them laying on the ground, presumably flattened beneath the slumbering weight of two bodies only moments ago. She picked them up, feeling a trace of their body heat still trapped within the folds of fabric, and held them out to Mariette.
"I'm sorry, I ruined it."

Her expression of sorrow froze and melted away into shock. "Mariette? You really do look... different..." She trailed off with almost absurd slowness, suddenly feeling a wave of dizziness as she realized something more. When she had leaned over to pick up the twin tubes of cloth, her legs had been bending the wrong way. "What?" Rising up on her knees, she glanced down then behind her, recognizing that they had taken on the shape of something akin to a human's legs.

All right, she could have accepted that. But with growing horror, she realized that in the very motion of looking over her shoulder, her beak had brushed up against nothing at all, as if it simply wasn't there. In fact, she could not see more than a tiny yellowy smudge in her line of vision. Without realizing it, she dropped the sleeves and made a very human gesture, reaching up with her wings to cover her face in her 'hands.'
"My face! It's gone!" Devastated, she shrieked into dense feathers. "Just like my family! They were chopped up too."

((Switch has a new banner! =D -- 23 June '14 ))

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am
Melomar

It was a bit strange to watch someone slowly waking up. She had never really done it before. And though the one who had taken her in was know for having no boundaries of personal space he never allowed anyone to share his bed. So even though she had nothing but her own waking up to compare it too it seemed that Switch was taking a bit to wake up. They really must have found a star to have changed them because this was far too real to be some dream and she had never had a dream like this before.

The corners of her mouth, just at her mandibles curve up slightly as she just managed a hint of a smile as she listened to the different voice of her friend. It was strange to no longer hear the typical Pokemon speech coming from her lips but instead to hear English now coming from both of them. It was a strange thing in deed but it was in a sense normal seeing how most Pokemon understood English well enough though being Pokemon most could not speak it themselves. The slight upturning at the corner of her mouth though fell as she felt a bit worried. What was wrong with Switch's eyes.

Shifting back as the Farfetch'd sat up Mariette kept quiet again for now. Maybe it was only sleep that was affecting her much taller friend's eyes. Solid black eyes watched as her friend examined her own arms and the sleeves that her much larger wings had busted threw. She brought one of her new hands up to her mouth to cover her smile, though her face still did not convey smile, and covered a shy soft giggle. How sweet that Switch was apologizing for 'ruining' her own jacket. "I...am sure we can get it fixed Switch."

As the sweet sad face changed into a shocked one Mariette suddenly felt herself feeling a bit ugly. It was strange that her mind would just to herself being ugly instead of just being human-like and there for different but already her mind was starting to think more human like and worrying a bit more about her appearance. She looked down slowly at her new body. She was still at least a color she was familiar with, but even though having a neck she could move for freely was something that brought her joy she felt maybe that now she was more of an oddity and maybe unlike Carwyn's handsome change she was still more bug like and not something someone would want to see.

She did not have long to dwell on such thoughts though, for a shriek from her friend drew her head right up as she felt her heart racing again seeing the shear fear in the avian girl's face. Before she could think she reached out her all four hands. Two reached out to take a gentle hold of the large thick wings one reaching around to the soft cheek and her third moving to one of Switch's upper arms in a bit of a hug, "No no...your face is not gone. N..no buddy chopped us up." she said her voice sweet and attempting to sound strong and reassuring. "W...we have changed yes...because we found something but your not chopped up...are you in pain anywhere? Your not bloody or cut so you can't be chopped up." she tried to get the crimson eyes to focus on her black ones. Even though she had change drastically,and her movements felt sluggish and strange she herself felt no pain in her new body. A bit stiff and maybe just a small amount of soreness but no real pain.

She felt a bit sick hearing that Switch's family had been chopped up. Why would anyone watch to chop up Farfetch'd? It did not seem right even to her. Though she had never really asked where meat human ate came from. It never accrued to the Spinarak that humans could eat Pokemon. "Why do you think you have been chopped up? You still have your tail and wings and legs and feathers and a beak." she said softly her lips moving between the mandibles, it was all she could do to keep from clicking them. The hand at Switch's cheek bushed the finer soft downy feathers trying to help calm her friend. She did not like seeing her friend so upset.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:01 am
Dooma

Trapped! In her fear Switch froze, shaking, until she realized that the binding "force" on all sides of her was actually Mariette's arms embracing her in friendship and concern. Two hands now held her wings, one was hugging her, and one touched her face. It took only a handful of fluttering heartbeats to stop the hysterical memories from spiraling before the farfetched's closed eyes. Her hands slid away and her eyes opened, releasing a steady stream of tears for several moments even though she was no longer crying. They simply spilled out. Her body relaxed and she leaned against the spinarak.

She tried to process words and let the spinarak's depthless eyes capture her. Surprisingly they were familiar and comforting. Her questions were reasonable and rational, but difficult to understand for now. Did she hurt? No... Was there blood? Again, no. She answered each question with a slow shake of her head.

They had both changed. Switch's eyes wandered, though perhaps the word "floated" would have better described her current state now. She could realize how Mariette's body had changed to become a little more human. Her spindly spider legs had become two sets of arms and one set of legs. Her arms moved and felt like a mammal's. Soft! No shell! Her legs were unmistakably shaped like a human's.

"Mariette, you have... hair." She reached up to touch it, and it was soft like feathers, but smoother and silkier. If Mariette's change had added things, there could have been no violence here. Nothing seemed to be missing. So why was Switch’s beak gone? It was now a nose, and there was no pain. She could verify it by touching it, too, and she did. It bent and squished like the cartilaginous mass that it was. But there were other facial features, such as cheekbones and a chin, which she had never had before. This was, again, an added feature. "I don't understand. Why are we now changed?"

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:20 pm
Melomar

Mariette was unaware that her attempts and calming her friend were having the opposite effect. She felt herself softly stroking the parts of Switch that were under her hands. She did not know if it would help much but she had to try something. She wish she knew how to better her attempts. As the tense body softened a bit and the thick wings lowered Mariette saw the tears flowing freely. She could not even begin to fathom just what thoughts were going threw the brave Switch's mind but they must be pretty horrible. She took the leaning against her as a good sign and moved the hand at the feathered cheek down to softly stroke the clothed back gently. Those coppery eyes seemed so very haunted and confused she found herself wanting nothing more than to sooth them.

Though she had been naked all her life she did not know how exposed she could feel without the hard exoskeleton surrounding her. She could feel so many more things and her body was so sensitive that even the wandering eyes of Switch made her feel rather heated. She blushed a bit knowing that her guardian would be yelling at her for sitting naked with a 'stranger'. She did not stop the farfetch'd from looking over her changed body. In fact she slowly let go of her feathered friend to allow Switch a better look. She let her two lower arms rest down her sides with her fingers spread on the cold ground. Her upper right one moved to press touch her mandibles as a person might mess with their lips if nervous. The upper left rested at her right elbow holding it a softly.

Though no color lit her face, her back was blushing brightly and it only grew darker as the large feather digits of Switch reached out to touch her silken hair. She nods, "I…I do don't I?" she asked quietly her voice now rather shy. She could not help wondering if Switch liked her with hair. Did she look better with it and without her hard shell? Or was she really something that Switch would rather not look upon? Why did that thought bother her so much. Mariette could not see her own self but she could certainly now Switch's full change. She had grown from a though scruffy farfetch'd into a tone handsome young girl. She was so handsome and pretty at the same time.

Switch's question drew her from her envious and admiring thoughts and she turned her head to look at the little red wagon. She stopped for a moment and turned her head back to look the other way then again at the wagon. She gasped as her mandibles clicked. The face across her back growing to a shock experssion. She could turn her neck! She didn't have to move her whole body to look at something. She brother her first set on hand to cover her mouth and the smalls curving of her lips, though her back now beamed a big smile. She wanted to turn back to take up Switch's hands and proudly exclaim that she could turn her neck but she was sure that Switch might think her simple for such a wonder. She force her joy down inside herself and took a breath. "A…A friend of mine says that some Pokemon find these magic stars…though they are not always shaped like stars…if a pokemon touches one of these s…stars. It will change them…make them…more human…ma…maybe the ordainments we…were stars?"

She shut her eyes as she spoke and turned slowly back to face Switch. She tried not to marvel at the new way her body moved. Now was not the time to be joyous when Switch was still upset.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:04 am
Dooma

The more she watched Mariette, the more Switch became accustomed (again, that is) to the spinarak child's lack of facial expression. Even though her form seemed more human, so many things had stayed the same. But as before their change, Mariette's movements, even the tiniest ones, filled in the blanks.

She seemed almost timid as she moved away from Switch. Perhaps she felt shy again? Of course that made sense. If Switch had felt upset, perhaps Mariette was now as well. Was it possible that she did not want Switch to look at her? No, that couldn't be it. In fact, the way she held herself now, she seemed to be allowing it, though she certainly wasn't inviting it.

Perhaps Switch should say something, anything, to clue Mariette in on what she was thinking.
"Well, I like it," she said finally, referring to Mariette's new mane of of shiny, blue-black hair. "It's soft, like feathers." But her hair wasn't the only thing that was soft, and Switch couldn't complain about anything she had seen, really! She just couldn't help but feel that Mariette still seemed nervous, or perhaps embarrassed. She didn't remember last night being nearly this awkward, and Switch really didn't know how to make things feel like they had been. It was almost as if they had met for the first time all over again.

"I'm sorry if it seems like I'm staring. I probably would be looking at myself instead if I could. You've changed so much, and I'm sure I have too." Unconsciously she touched her nose. It felt naked, and her head felt off-balance. "But... they aren't bad changes. I liked you before but I like you now too."

She watched Mariette return to the wagon from last night. That's right, last night we were looking for things for her nest. But we never finished. Her thoughts were interrupted by Mariette's strange movements. What was wrong? She almost rushed to her side when Mariette's fingers covered her mouth like a human does when shocked. But before she did she noticed the markings on the spinarak's back were... smiling? Why was she so happy? She pondered it, wondering if it had something to do with her movements? All of her movements were different now, so easy and fluid.

Mariette's response to Switch's question lead to more pondering. Stars.
"The ornaments? Really?" What if she had given one to Theo, whom was human? "So, if I had given mine to Theo, would she have become a pokémon?"

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:45 pm
Melomar

To hear that Switch liked her hair made Mariette very glad. So her hair was nice and soft. "L…like feathers? I am very glad you like it. It is new and interesting." she said softly. She seemed more relaxed with the soft compliment. It was not that she needed to always be complimented but she was just glad that Switched liked it. "You hair…is feathers but very nice and …fun. I like…that you are still mostly…feathered."

When it was stated that Switch would rather look at herself than Mariette the Spinarak felt a bit hurt until the farfetch'd continued on. "Y..you have changed a lot too. But…if very nice ways. I..am sorry your m..missing your beak. But…your so handsome…your really pretty Switch. I like you before and now too. Very much."

Mariette was still so amazed by how freely she could move. There were so many things she wanted to try and do. She wonder if she would be able to fully give a kiss this way. She had lips now but could she preform the action?She wonder what it would feel like to bend or move. To dance even maybe. It would be wonderful to experience more with her body.

Mariette gave a gentle nod, "Yes. At least I think maybe it was them. cause…they are not in the wagon any more…come see Switch." She held out one of her three fingered hands for the Farfetch'd. She looked confused and thought for a minute. "If you gave it to a human?" She tilted her head a bit and shook her head, "No I don't think she would turn into a Pokemon. After all the stall people…touched them and I don't think they are Pokemons." She gave a gentle shrug. "I don't know though. So maybe…maybe it is good we found them and touched them first?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:57 am
Dooma

Switch nodded. The long, straight hairs were not exactly like feathers, but soft and smooth like them. And shiny. Not like the oil sheen of a feather, but a wonderfully crackling metallic shimmer.

"My... hair?" Switch had hair too? She reached up with both wings and touched the top and sides of her head. It was covered in a thick crest of what she believed to be long, flexible, narrow feathers. She dared not exclaim aloud. Mariette seemed to like this change, even if Switch had no idea what to make of it. Was she now some sort of jay? Or were those really fistfuls hair? The sensations coming from her wingtips (fingertips?), she was realizing, were completely new too! The texture of this new stuff on top of her head wasn't exactly like any feathers she had ever had. "Uh, thanks..." Even if she knew of nothing better to say, a compliment was a compliment, and she took it as such.

She sighed and dropped her wings. Arms? She glanced down at her wings... no, arms... again. Her shoulders certainly rotated like arms. All of these changes were going to take a lot of time to get used to.

Switch was not nearly so self-conscious as to care about her looks, but Mariette's compliments put her mind at ease. She wondered about it. Perhaps if a resident of this town, whom probably already knew what they meant, thought that these changes were all right, perhaps Switch would blend in. Perhaps as they were now, Switch would be able to wander around feeling a little less fearful. Perhaps she could walk side-by-side with Mariette down the street and feel confident.

She followed the spinarak girl over to the wagon. Sure enough, the metallic feather Mariette had found for her nest, and the gear-like star Switch had found for Rocío, were both gone. With that realization, she felt a brief, alien tugging sensation at the corners of her mouth; the skin around her eyes felt strangely swollen and full. She was missing a lot of things after their little nap. At least the phenomenon that had occurred to the two of them had been for pokemon only. Or if it wasn't, at least they had touched the objects first. Theo needed her human family. At least Switch had a friend in the same situation, standing right next to her.

Glancing at Mariette, she nodded and took one of Mariette's hands in her own. There was a momentary thrill of following an alien impulse, acting upon it, and feeling a hand in her own where there would not have been one last night. Mariette had had no hands before their waking. It was a bittersweet moment, but at least for now, she would not have wished for another outcome.
"I'm glad we touched them first."

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:09 am
Melomar

Switch's voice sounded so unsure and with such a heavy sigh it was hard not too look up at the other girl. The solid black eyes watched as Switch looked over her new more arm like wings. The thought suddenly occurred to the Spinarak that maybe Switch could not longer fly. Maybe that was why she was so upset. She had lost her hard broad beak, she could not longer fly, and everything was so different. Maybe it was a bad thing for her to be near Switch all this was her fault. She had convinced the Farfetch'd to go and look threw the ornaments which had led to the finding of their stars. She caused such a huge change in the strong 'happy' farfetch'd's life. The star might have given her more freedom of movement and wonderful hands that could grip things but it seemed to have done nothing but taken things from Switch. How could she ever make it up to the other girl. How could she show Switch the good of these changes? Would it even be possible?

The face across her back grew to a very sad looking one. And even though the solid black eyes could not shed tears the eyes on her back displayed the feeling as best it could. Mariette was still unaware of that her emotions could be showed on her back. She could still feel but she never knew that what she felt could be displayed. However as Switch moved next to her and she felt the head of the warmer blooded girl she turned her back away and turned without thinking a bit more to the warmth.

Without the thick shell around her Mariette was far more aware of the warmth that Switch'd body produced. She was very aware of just how close the other was to her and was a bit confused at the fact that her heart now beat more quickly in her chest. The thumping was now higher up within her body. She moved a single hand up to spread the sensitive fingers over the strange beating. The feel of it in such a place made the heart beat quicken. Why was her heart now in her chest and not in her abdomen? The innocent black eyes widened with worry as much as her near emotionless face allowed. Her heartbeat only quickened again as she felt the wonderfully soft long feather like digits of Switch's hand take up one of her own small hands. A thrill that caused a wave of strange sensation speed threw her. She had never held someone's hand before, not having had hands to hold. And the sensation was one that Mariette would only have been able to describe as beautiful. Her back continually flashed between a surprised look, a sad crying one, and a smiling face.

The three smaller digits tightened slowly around the larger softer ones of Switch as Mariette slowly turned to face her newly changed friends. The shiny black eyes seemed more shiny and slick as if tears were trying to form. Her small body shook a bit as she spoke, her voice soft and filled with regret, "I...I am sorry Switch. I...I did not mean...to do...this to you..."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:23 am
Dooma

Mariette was trembling, holding Switch's hand tightly while she apologized. The thought occurred to Switch that she might think she was angry with her. Blaming her. Switch shook her head and made sure they had eye contact before speaking, so that Mariette would know that she was sincere and not simply polite. "I said I'm glad. It's not just because of Theo. She has a family and all, and I don't. But I don't think you did anything wrong.

And I kind of like this."
She raised up their clasped hands and looked at them. Yes, her feathers definitely had the feeling of fingers, somehow. They were still feathers though, as near as she could understand. It wasn't as if her flight feathers would let her down, and keep her grounded. She simply trusted that. After all, they had always behaved as both fingers and feathers. But it was fun to see them laced with the spider-girl's new fingers, and she was wearing a crooked smile without even realizing it just yet. "I like some of it anyway, the rest I'll get used to," she added, looking Mariette in the eye again without losing her smile.

However, when she looked Mariette over again, she thought that perhaps Mariette was the one who had physically changed the most.
"It's strange to me, but I can handle changes. I'm okay with it, I think. But are you okay? You changed a lot too. How do you feel?"

(I don't know about you, but if it was me, I'd need at least several days to be "okay" with it. xD )

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:35 pm
Melomar

The confident cold eyes felt so warm and inviting and Mariette found herself feeling safe and welcomed in them. "I am glad it was not your Theo." she looked down at their held up hands. "You don't have family Switch. I can be your family if you want." She offered softly watching their hands. It really was such a wonderful feeling to be able to hold and had her own hand held.

She gave a very slow soft nod, "I kind of like it too Switch. I…I like being able to t…touch you like this." She looked back up into the farfetched eyes, "Do you think you can get used to it Switch?" she asked gently. Her back blushed a bit as Switch looked her over, " Yes…I think I have changed a lot Switch. So..so much so. My heart…it is…" she grabbed the free wing and placed the large thin fingers to place them over her chest. "I…I can feel my heart here…Sw…switch and I…I can move my neck and look around." She bought two hands up to cover her mouth looking down feeling maybe she spoke too much to boldly. "I…feel strange like this…" her prickled to the cool breeze not used to feeling it so much. She moved slowly closer to the warm full feathered body of the other girl seeking the heat.

(Yeah I don't think I would be okay with it at first. Though I am sure I would start exploring my new body to the fullest as soon as I could lol)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:33 am
Dooma

(It occurred to me that birds don't really show expressions with just their eyes [I haven't seen it much]. So Switch is going to have to work hard learn to use her face beyond posture and feather placement. Like stand in front of a mirror and say "This is a smile. This is a frown." She knows what a smile is, though. I'm just, you know, using that as an example... xD <3 )

"Yeah," she nodded. If it had happened to Theo, Switch would be even less capable of protecting her. But now, maybe she would be able to more directly. Last night, when she had said (vaguely jokingly) that she could serve the fair Lady Mariette, she had felt confident and even a little protective. She could really live up to that image now! Her eyes widened as the realization struck her. This would not be so bad after all.

"Your. Your family? Really?" For several heartbeats, she could say no more than that. Surely her eyes were even wider than before. Her new friend would accept her into her own family? But she knew nothing of Switch's past. She must think it strange that the previous night she had been talking of her family as if they were still around, and now she was denying their existence. When she thought of them, it was as if they truly there with her as her memories played out. She just wasn't able to speak of it in the past tense very often without wailing. Why could she do so now, blurting it out so thoughtlessly? Perhaps the instinct was simply not to think about it. Anxiously, and before she could consider the subject any further, she stammered, "Is that okay? What about the rest of your family? Like Carwyn? They don't know me..."

It seemed obvious enough that Mariette already trusted her enough to invite her to join her family without hesitation. Her own heart fluttered in her chest even as the spinarak placed her feathery hand over her soft, green chest. Mariette's heartbeat was strong, clearly discernible even if she was calmer than Switch at the moment. She wondered if Mariette could feel the pulse of the farfetch'd through those fingers. Could she feel the heat and the nervous excitement?

But she was not sure on the true meaning of Mariette's heartbeat in her chest. Was she trying to prove that she was adamant about Switch joining her family? But no, that couldn't be it. She also described her new range of movement, which Switch had noticed before. All of this was just as new to Mariette as it was to Switch. Perhaps her heartbeat had come from somewhere else before, she wondered, mostly ignorant of an arachnid's internal anatomy.

Mariette seemed excited and worried all at once. It must be overwhelming for her, too.
"We'll get used to this," she offered, offering her wings as well. It wasn't unlike a bird to comfort another. It felt perfectly natural to do this, even if her body felt alien to her. When she wrapped her wings around Mariette like arms, her cheek brushed against her friend's. Ah, can't preen her anymore, she realized. The beak was gone. But maybe she could kiss her instead. They had had that silly, wonderful, confusing conversation previously: lips would be so much better at it than beaks and mandibles. Mariette still had mandibles as Switch had a tiny beak-nose, but they both had lips, didn't they? So she tried, awkwardly of course, to kiss Mariette's cheek with her new mouth. "It will be all right, Mariette."

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:02 am
Melomar

(I guess both of them will have to learn how to work emotions out XD. Aww how cute I think mariette might have to try that as well. Try to get her face working fully or at least even showing a part of a smile or frown.)

Even though her green cheeks hardly showed any color change there was a very slight darkening though her back at lit up bright pink. She had seen Switches eye go wide in what she was sure was about Theo. Why did she feel a slight pressure in her chest at the thought for Switch heading back to Theo and worrying about her. It was only right though wasn't it? For Theo was like Switch's trainer and guardian.

The pause after Switch's shocked questions had Mariette's heart beating quickly. Did it not sound like a good thing? Maybe she should have have offered it. Switch had said the night before she had a big family that used to preen her so why would she want to leave Theo and her family to come live in an apartment with the little freshly changed Spinarak? She looked up at Switch her black eyes slightly softer looking, "I…I don't have another family. Carwyn w..wont mind at all. He tries to help o…ones like us by giving them a place to stay if they need it…and a job too. To make us…get along better with normal people too." she looked back down, "I..I am sure we would like to get…to know you. I..I want to get to know you. I…I know you don't know me either…"

She tried to smile her mandibles just twitching a bit as she felt the strong and quick. She was confused at how rapid it was. Were all farfetched heartbeats so rapid? As she felt the warm large wing arms wrap around her, she could feel the heart beat more strongly but it seemed to be slowing now. The feeling felt so great. She pressed against the jacket loving the scent Switch gave off. It was wild and earthy. And very subtle. Mariette had not noticed it before. "Yes…we will get used to it. I…I am glad we are not facing this…alone."

Mariette's heart suddenly stopped as she felt the soft warm feel of lips on her cheek. Switch had just kissed her. Her new soft cheek gave so easily at the pressure. Her back was nearly glowing. She looked up her large dark eyes looked like they were about to cry. "Y…yes Switch. I think it will be." she reached slid her lower pair of arms around Switch's waist. One of her upper hands gripped the jacket still over Switch the other reached up and the yellow thumb slid gently over Switch's new lips, "L…lips do work better to kiss." She said her voice soft in a bit of awe. "Thank you…with you I know everything will be all right."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:57 am
Dooma

(I think to see Mariette doing that would be so adorable! Switch... she'd just be silly, if cute in her own way. xD )

Ones like us. Switch wondered how many others had started out as pokémon but became something more human-like. There were enough that Carwyn had a place for them to live, a place to work, and even a place to learn. And, 'normal people,' must mean humans. Or even pokémon. If this was so, then this Carwyn that Mariette spoke so fondly of would know how to help both of them. Was he just like them too?

"Can Carwyn really help us?" Her tone was hopeful. The way Switch saw it, she had nowhere else to go. She could just envision a meeting with Theo quickly breaking down into screams and crying, even a wrench swung at her by the small girl's temporary guardian. There was no way Switch could go back to Theo like this. Not yet, anyway. "It would be good to meet him. Maybe I should stay for a while until I figure out what to do next. I'm feeling kind of lost," she admitted with a sheepish chuckle. If she was more human-like now, then she would have to think more human, do human things, and try to fit in somehow. "But I think we could find ourselves together: I help you and you help me. It's better to learn and go through life with friends," she paused, "and family." Friends can be family.

Sometimes Mariette's reactions went far beyond what she said, but they were difficult to read. Now that they were embracing, Switch could feel the heat even her cooler-bodied new friend was giving off. She sounded nervous perhaps, but happy. When Switch saw Mariette looking back at her, the spinarak seemed about to cry. It confused her to no end. Was she happy, or was she sad? But she returned Switch's hug and touched her lips with her thin, yellowy fingers. Her reply made the spinarak seem awed, but very sure of herself. She wasn't upset at all, was she? No, she was feeling so many emotions that it made her voice waver and her body heat to rise. Was Mariette always going to react like this to new things, or was it only for Switch?

The edges of Switch's mouth tugged downward. She hugged Mariette more tightly.
"I'll make sure it will be all right for you." It wasn't a thoughtless promise with some empty desire so much as a solemn pledge fueled by a need to make it so. I will protect Mariette! I will make her happy!

She tried desperately to swallow that feeling, it was simply too much to contain. She cleared her throat.
"You should try using your lips too, Mariette. They feel more than a beak does." Mariette certainly had no beak. But she did have mandibles, which looked rather beak-like, so perhaps she could relate. "Maybe it's the same for your mandibles." She reached up to touch first one of Mariette's mandibles, running a her fingertip gently along its curving length, then to tap her lower lip, causing it to make a tiny, funny noise. She couldn't help but chuckle a little at the sound.

(You will be happy, or else, Mariette. Doomy music. Followed by tap dancing performers with canes and top hats. )

Melomar
Crew

Wind-up Waffles

Dooma

Enduring Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:33 am
Melomar

(Oh yes I am sure she would be super cute though she might get a bit upset when she can get much emotions going. Poor dear)

Mariette gave a small nod, "Yes I think Carwyn could help us out a lot. Maybe he could even contact your…trainer for you and let her know what happened?" She did not really want to see her new friend go so soon. More so after all they had just gone threw together. Going threw a life changing event together naturally formed some short of bond between then. At least on Mariette's end of things. She smiled softly, "You can stay in my place until your way." She seemed to brighten up a bit. "Yes yes…." she said a bit excitedly then took a breath to calm down, "Y..Yes I think we can help each other. It is much better with friends. And…and I can me your family too. I can be your sister so you don't have to fa..ce this alone Switch."

Mariette almost wished that these whirlwind emotions would still a bit and give her time to work things out. But as soon as she started to calm down or have her head clear a bit a new sensation or emotion would rush forward. She loved the feel of the soft thick feathers against her they were the softest things she had ever felt, not that she could feel much before, but she did not know how to read Switch's face or actions. When their were Pokemon body language and instincts were the driving forces so an 'enemy' was fairly easy to deal with but now that Switch was more human like and both girls were getting used to their new bodies it was harder to understand just what the other was feeling. Strong arms were around her and Switch did not seem to intend to let go but now she was frowning a bit. Were not all frowns bad things? So the farfetch'd was upset by something? She must be because now those strong arms were growing tighter around her. Thankfully an instinct kicked in and Mariette made herself smaller against Switch pressing in closer and curling up tighter against the larger girl. When Switch spoke her voice was powerful and soothing, the tone was unlike anything Mariette had ever heard she could feel those ten words warp around her just as strongly as the hug.

She wished so much that she could say something so strong and sure to the other to let her know she would dow hat ever she could for Switch but her voice failed her. All she could do was give a nod, ever careful of her horn, and whisper a thank you. She didn't have time to form her voice before Switch cleared her throat and loosened her hold. Mariette's back was blushing as she sat back a bit looking back up at Switch. "They feel more?" She asked innocently. She never thought about how lips could feel. Her black eyes went a bit wider as a long thin finger like feather stroked down along her left mandible. She felt the movement but not too much She watched the finger moving slowly around it then as the finger tapped her lower lip the green lips parted in a bit of a gasp. She flushed darker at the chuckle from Switch. Mariette gave a nod, "I…I will try."She said and her manible spread enough to expose her lips and she leaned up to press her lips against the slightly more experienced, with one kiss to them, Switch's lips.

(haha on yes I do think it would be wise for her to be happy. I wont not want to think about what would happen if she is not lol

Poor Mariette has either very good aim or very poor aim. She just goes in for a kiss and hits home. XD)  
Jirachi's Wish

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff