[PRP] Sparkly (Gogv & Vtla)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 pm
After talking things over with her mother Gogv was reminded that it was, in fact, necessary for a pair to be mates before engaging in any sort of physical relationship. Her mother had looked faintly queasy at Gogv's line of questioning, which had begun as too vague and circumspect to make any sense and then become uncomfortably blunt when Gogv got frustrated with pussyfooting around the subject. Her mother had done her very best to stress the importance of avoiding rash actions (and actions that might cause rashes) and tried to emphasize the incipient feelings Gogv apparently had for this lion from another clan. It had been an uncomfortable conversation for everyone involved and left Gogv with the impression that she really should've just talked this over with Vtla to begin with.

So she went in search of him. She walked and walked and then did some climbing and ate part of a rodent. By then she was pretty far from where her clan was making its home for the time being but she was no closer to finding Vtla. In fact, she had sort of forgotten that was why she had undertaken this trek in the first place. If asked where her mind was, she really could not have said, but she thought she might remember something about singing zebras with vibrantly colored coats. Which was really an uncharacteristic thing for her to be thinking about and puzzled her a great deal.

By the time she gave up on the mystery of the colorful zebras Gogv was, once again, lost. She sighed resignedly as she glanced at the sky, which was getting dark. It looked like she'd be spending the night away from her den. Oh, goody.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm
Vtla was sniffing his way around the terrain, not looking for any cubs or other lions, but some lovely flowers he had discovered the other day. But because he hadn't intended on ending up with them in the first place, he was having difficulty retracing his steps. But he remembered, faintly, what they smelled like, and was trying to let his nose do the work for him. If he could find those flowers again, perhaps he would be able to give one to Gogv. She didn't seem to like to smile much, but he was certain he was going to find something that made her happy.

It was just a matter of figuring out what. If she hated flowers, well, perhaps next time he would bring her something to eat. If she took it as a slight against her hunting ability, he would bring her a pretty stone or perhaps some trinket he had found on his explorations.

He had plenty of ideas, and a strong desire to see her happy. Stronger than he would have thought normal, really.

As he followed what he assumed was the scent of the flowers, he discovered the object of his secondary thoughts directly ahead of him- Gogv herself looking up at the sky. "Well, isn't this a surprise," chuckled the male lightly, "I would say we need to stop meeting like this, but I quite enjoy it."
Princess_Feylin

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:47 pm
"Yah!" Gogv exclaimed, completely taken by surprise. Having more or less made something didn't really resemble a nest at all, she had been about ready to curl up and call it a night. Part of that meant relaxing her guard. And now she looked like an idiot. Joy.

"What kind of a person sneaks up on...Oh. Sorry. Um." Gogv was suddenly an unexpectedly at a loss for words. She couldn't even come up with something insulting to say, which might have been a first for the dark-furred lioness.

She stood up and attempted to brush dried grass from her flanks. Silently she gave thanks that she didn't have a mane to contend with, because there would have been no way for her to get the grass and suchlike out of that. When she decided that she was presentable enough, or perhaps she just gave up (equally likely), she made an attempt at replying to Vtla.

"Er. Yes?" That would have to do. Gogv wondered if it was possible to carve one's own heart out.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:01 pm
It was probably rude for him to laugh at her surprise, so he did his best not to, instead watching her jump with more of a shocked expression over anything else. "oh, no, you shouldn't be sorry!" he yelped, "It wasn't my intention to surprise you like that!" maybe he should have been reading the mood a bit better- clearly she had been wrapped up in her own thoughts.

he turned his attention to the make-shift bed she had created, his head tilting slightly to one side.

"Are you sleeping out here tonight?' he asked with a bit of concern, "on your own?" He didn't mind sleeping under the stars, but he wondered if it was okay for her to do it. Was she good at defending herself? There were other threats out there beyond dumb lions who didn't know where they were walking like him.

Princess_Feylin

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:20 pm
"Oh, go ahead. Laugh. It's funny," Gogv said with a scowl that came close to promising violence if he did. She wouldn't do anything to hurt Vtla, of course, but the scowling thing was kind of a habit with her.

"Perhaps we could get you some dried leaves to wear on your tail, so at least you'll rustle when you approach." Okay good. Words were happening. They weren't very good words, but they were a vast improvement over what she'd been managing before. She was actually making an effort not to scowl as she spoke, and even managed a grin that wasn't wholly evil looking. See? I'm just joking around. Ha ha! I'm not actually a homicidal moron. Really!

Her gaze followed his and she looked at her mess of a bed. It looked just awful. It hadn't been all that comfortable, either, but Gogv had made it and she would defend its bed-like status to her dying breath. Or she would say nothing and hope for it to be forgotten. Either one.

"Yes," she said. "I'll head home tomorrow at first light." When she could at least see where she was going and maybe follow her own trail a bit. "Is that going to be a problem?"

Cajanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:44 pm
"oh dear," Vtla hummed, "well, yes, it is going to be a problem." he frowned thoughtfully, moving a bit closer. "I couldn't dream of letting you stay here alone! We're pride lions- we do much better with more of us around." He looked at her bed again, frowning at it as though it had called his mother a name.

"I believe we should find a better place to stay- that doesn't look nearly worthy enough of you! If I remember correctly, there's a flower patch near here, and it should be quite comfortable to lie in. If you're interested, I mean." He would offer to take her back, but it was dark and his eyes were not the best, even in the failing light. He would like send them somewhere in the rogue lands if he tried to help her find her clan again.

not a good way to impress anyone, really.

"What were you doing here, if I may ask?" He hummed, sniffing around the brush she had collected for a couple dry leaves to stick in his tail. He grinned, shaking it around like some kind of strange rattle. "How's that?"

Princess_Feylin

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:29 pm
To Gogv it sounded as if he was propositioning her. Which she was totally okay with. Maybe it could just be a one-time thing and then he'd be out of her system. That was how it worked, right? Of course there was always the possibility that she could get pregnant, but she didn't have to let him know if that happened. She could just make up a story for the clan. Or, y'know, not say anything at all because that was usually how she dealt with people asking her questions. Death glares, evil stares, and insults to leave their ears blistered. No one would say a damn thing.

Then she realized that wasn't what he was offering at all and Gogv frowned at Vtla. She could tell he didn't think much of her bed, and if that was the case maybe she wasn't interested in sharing it after all! At least not with him. Or with anyone who cast aspersions on her ability to put together places to sleep on the fly. On her dignity, Gogv sat in her best "I'm too good for this world" attitude and regarded Vtla haughtily.

"Flowers?" she said, aiming for scornful but coming off more as incredulous. Fine. If that was how things were going to go, she would roll with it. Gogv was adaptable. Sort of. If you didn't actually define adaptable as having the ability to go with the flow, but instead defined it as the tendency to ignore the flow or threaten it until it leaves you alone.

She had no idea how to answer his question about what she was doing there. Her directness had more or less abandoned her and left her trying awkwardly to behave like something resembling a normal lioness. Maybe humor would work here? "Are you maligning my bed? I made it myself! It's much better than your tail rattle."

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:13 pm
Vtla chuckled. "You make me laugh," he hummed merrily, "I like that- I think you're truly amazing, though I would hate for you to everything, and everyone, in this world isn't good enough for you. Hopefully some of us come close!" Oop- what was he saying? Just rattling on about things he knew she probably wouldn't be happy about. He knew she thought very highly herself, and he was probably making her unhappy. That was the last thing he wanted. There was just something in thinking she thought he was as worthless as everyone else that suddenly bothered him a little bit.

Hm.

He laughed again when she proved a little bitter about the bed comments, shaking his tail around to make noise with the leaves he had placed there. "Aw, I thought it worked pretty well," he said thoughtfully, "Maybe some flowers in it will give it some flare. Follow me!"

The male moved in the direction he thought the flowers would be, and was happy to find that he had been on the right trail all along. There was a small flower bed just waiting for them, big enough for two. Actually, it almost looked like it had been made to share. He enjoyed the colors and life of them, looking at Gogv to see if she thought anything of them at all.
Princess_Feylin

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:16 am
Gogv could feel herself starting to panic. This was not how things were supposed to go at all. Vtla was being ridiculous, talking to her the same way she'd observed her parents talking when they didn't realize she was present. Much too complimentary. She had no idea how to react to that. Fortunately, Vtla seemed aware that he was babbling like a deeply unsettling idiot. At least she'd always thought it sounded pretty idiotic when people said those sorts of things to one another. In this case, though, it was less what he was saying than to whom he was saying it. Gogv thought it was pretty foolish for anyone to like her, let alone think as highly of her as he claimed to.

"You're being ridiculous," she informed him with a look she hoped looked stern and severe and quelling. Mostly she lokoed bemused and out of her depth. She couldn't even summon up her usual irritation. She was never leaving home alone again. Ever.

She really didn't know why she followed him except that she couldn't bring herself to be rude and tell him to go away and stop being weird, which was ordinarily something she had no difficulty doing. He was just sort of...disarming. The flowerbed he led them to was nice, she supposed, if you were into that kind of thing, which he evidently was. She wasn't sure what was expected of her here, and cleared her throat.

"Um. Of course it's hard to see some of the colors with the light like it is, but I'm sure it's very colorful in daylight," she said, striving for diplomacy since rudeness was apparently beyond her reach today, even if it would have been comforting to be mean. "Do you come here often?"

Cajanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:12 pm
Vtla had to laugh when she said he was being an idiot. Well, he supposed that wasn’t completely untrue, but he didn’t mind. When it came from her, it somehow didn’t seem like such a cutting insult. Of course, he knew she probably meant it as one, but that didn’t sway his comfort. “Well, I suppose so,” he laughed, “but what’s wrong with being a little ridiculous? It’s still true!”

He wondered if she was feeling alright- she didn’t look as angry with him as she usually seemed to be. Had he done something to make her feel sad? Or was she ill in some way? Perhaps she had been feeling sick and he had been too stupid to notice. Now that would not be good at all- he did not want to think that he hadn’t been helpful to her when she really needed it.

She didn’t even call him stupid for asking her to look at flowers in the night! What was going on? Had she been feeling sick the whole time? Oh Gods, what if he had missed something important?! Trying not to panic, he smiled faintly.

"I have been around here once or twice,” he said lightly, “why don’t we lie down? You seem rather unsettled... are you feeling alright? If you’re feeling ill, you should definitely lie down and try to sleep!”

He sat near the flowers, motioning for her to join him, concern on his face.

Princess_Feylin

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:51 am
At once, in a blinding flash of insight, everything made sense to Gogv. This was all a set-up. The entire point of Vtla's sweet and shy routine had been to lead into this lie down in the flowers with me thing. He was so trying to get with her, that sneaky lion. And she was absolutely okay with that thought, even if it happened not to be what Vtla was actually doing or thinking.

"Sure, okay." She shot him a triumphant I've-got-your-number-now-buddy smile and joined him on the flowers.

Feeling ill? Honestly. Did she look ill? Actually if he asked she probably either did, or he was totally negging on her. She wasn't sure how she felt about that. Mostly amused. Perhaps flattered. Not really annoyed, which was weird. Why wasn't he annoying her? She should be wanting to smack him for this whole set-up and thinking she'd fall for it.

"You'll stay close, right?" she asked as she settled near him, but not too near.

Cajanic
Oh my gosh. I tagged something. And I think I strained my brain. Ou..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:09 am
Vtla watched her move, and was happy that she had decided to lie down, instead of smacking him or walking off in a huff. It meant that she wasn't as uncomfortable around him as she used to be. Or she was SO uncomfortable that she couldn't even act like herself anymore. Oh Gods, he hoped it wasn't that one. But he was sure it was a good thing- he liked to think things were good instead of bad. Worrying only made you unhappy, and that was something he liked to avoid if possible.

He tilted his head slightly when she smiled at him, not sure why she was giving him such a confident look, but it did spark him to smile back at her brightly, since he was happy to see something other than a scowl on her face.

This was going well!

He watched her settle down, and he nodded. "Of course! I'll be right here, so you don't have to worry." If she was feeling ill, he would be there to look after her no matter what.

Princess_Feylin
We can probably end it here. XD

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items