Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Birth control pill

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

night owl1997

6,350 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:14 pm
Hi I'm on day six of my first time taking birth control pills. I was prescribed Triphasil and given generic Myzilra-28 and i started taking the pill on day four of my period. Today I had diarrhea both before and after taking the pill and i know that diarrhea makes the pill ineffective, but when will the pill become effective again? I'm not currently sexually active but my boyfriend and I are planning to have sex next month. I was also wondering if any of you have taken this specific type of pill or any other low dose birth control in general and how well it protected you against pregnancy, I've heard that the pill is more likely to fail if it's low dose. I set an alarm to go off on my phone every day at four pm and that's when I take the pill so I do take the pill at the same time every day. My boyfriend and I are still planning to use condoms but both of us would like to not use a condom occasionally but I'm terrified of getting pregnant. Have any of you gotten pregnant on the pill? If so what was it called?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:57 pm
After first starting the pill, if you take the pill at the same time every day, then it should be in your system and helping to protect you against pregnancy within a month. So if you don't plan on having sex until next month anyway, then it should be working by then, even if you've had diarrhea lately (assuming you don't keep having diarrhea).

But if you really don't want to get pregnant or if STDs are even remotely a concern, you should ideally still use a condom every time. Because no pill protects against STDs. And even under perfect conditions (taking the pill at the same time every day, not being on antibiotics, not vomiting, etc.), no pill is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy.

If you do decide to ditch condoms sometimes (I don't recommend it, but it's your call), at least use them if you ever forget a pill, take antibiotics, throw up, or anything else that lowers your pill's effectiveness.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas