Lonely Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:19 am
Thread RP Log Between these two

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:25 am
Kamiki
User Image

Coeur d'Alene landed in the summer meadow, taking a deep breath. She had just came back from a very long light, and her bags and baskets she carried with her were full of new wares from far-off places to trade and distribute in her home lands. She stretched out her worn-out wings and shook the 'road dust' off her mane. She caught sight of a small bubbling brook carving its way through the meadow and headed over, anxious to revel in a long, cool drink. As she enjoyed her refreshment, she kept her eyes open for others around, in case anyone was looking to do any trading.

Thamin
User Image

It had been such a long time since Ranulf had ventured any distance from his home with his father. He had come to the conclusion though that he couldn't stay cooped up his entire life, there was so much in the world that he was missing. Despite his aversion to socialize, and his fears of being on his own, Ranulf had set out to explore and possibly bring a few colorful flowers back to liven up his dwelling. So far everything had be going wonderfully - He hadn't tripped over his mane, he hadn't been stuck in any shrubs or entangling branches, and he had managed to find a nice berry patch to have breakfast at! But now that he was full thirst began to set in. Without a second thought he set out for the nearest body of water.

Kamiki
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Coeur d'Alene looked up as something caught her eye. A small little pony in lovely earthtones was making his way through the summer grass and coming to have a drink. She smiled and held back for a moment, allowing him a chance to drink, before stepping forward a few paces. "Good afternoon," she said. Her voice was velvety and smooth - exceptionally soothing. "Its such a lovely day, don't you think?"

Thamin
Though Ranulf had not been paying attention as he drew close to the waters edge and quenched his thirst with a long and refreshing drink, the presence of the mare at the waters edge was of no surprise to Ranulf, and he was not startled in the slightest. He remembered days then there were dozens gathered about on a daily basis, and though he had never quite felt right in those situations he had at least grown acclimated to the presence of strangers. The bright greeting of the mare left a soft smile across his face, and he in turn nodded a greeting to her as he stepped a bit closer to be in a comfortable conversing distance. "Indeed..." Ranulf admitted as he looked about. For a moment worry consumed the tiny stallion - so minute was his skills at conversing in the first place, coupled with his lack of speaking for so long, he feared that he would not remember what words to say or how to say them. He had practiced and conversed with his brother Azzan though, broadening his vocabulary and grammatical skills from that of his childhood. Perhaps it was time to see if he could remember all he had been taught. "It is beautiful day." He added with a confident nod. "Lovely stream too. Refreshing after long walk." He knew that he still had much to practice and learn, but he was pleased with the lack of stuttering and fumbling for descriptive terminology.

Kamiki

"Indeed, it was wonderful to have such a nice refresher after my long flight. I just came in from parts unknown," she started. It was a well-rehearsed sales-pitch for sure, but she loved the game as much as the good. She hoisted the bags on her shoulder for good measure and smiled down at the little usdia. "But, I think I'm getting ahead of myself. My name is Coeur d'Alene, its very nice to meet you." She slid her front leg out and bowed down, her wings stretching out behind her. "May I ask yours?"

Thamin
Ranulf simply nodded; he had no clue about flight, never even pondered it, but he assumed that a cool drink of fresh water was refreshing no matter how one was traveling. He chuckled a bit though, slightly embarrassed. "Everywhere unknown to me. I not travel much." The containers of objects did draw Ranulfs attention though, and as they were hoisted up onto the taller mare's shoulders he couldn't help but gaze in wonderment upon the odd and curious objects within them until they were out of his view. As the mare introduced herself he knew he would not be able to pronounce her name correctly to save his life, and concluded that for the time of their meeting he would simply call her Ma'am. "A pleasure, Ma'am..." He said, making sure that he was not resting a hoof on the folds of hair accumulating upon the ground as he returned the bow. He had to admit, with the mare's grace the gesture surely seemed grand. He knew, as his head jerked for a moment when he raised his head once more (how could he have not been paying attention! All the effort of avoiding his mane making the bow only to step on it straightening himself!), that his clumsy attempt would not seem so grand. "My name Ranulf." He added with a soft smile and chuckle.

Thamin

Lonely Member

Kamiki

Fandom Fox

20,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:39 am
Kamiki

"It's a pleasure, Ranulf," she said, a friendly chuckle back. She used the opportunity to roll the baskets and bags off her shoulders and tucked her legs up under her, laying in the warmed, soft grass and putting her at eye-level to the little pony with the unruly mane. "Well, traveling isn't for everyone," she admitted, "If everyone could travel all the time, there wouldn't really be a sense of 'home' anywhere, now would there? But I do find myself enjoying it. I say, though, it gives me much joy to bring the exotic treasures of the world back to my home lands to share with those who are more home-bound."

She gave a pause for effect. "Would you like to see?"

Thamin

Ranulf took a few paces back to allow for ample space for the mare to rest her baggage and to lay down. He did have to agree with the mare though on the aspect of home, and though he had seen practically nothing of the world he could without a doubt in the world say that he had a home and had his family. Her mention though of exotic treasures peeked Ranulfs curiosity, and once again his gaze fell upon the containers that belonged to Coeur. He couldn't have been more delight when questioned as to whether or not he would enjoy seeing her wares, and he nodded vigorously in response. "Yes Please!

Kamiki

"Excellent!"

She removed the tie from one the bags with her teeth and shook it open. Inside, nestled in hay, was an exotic array of strange fruits, berries, nuts, and plants that were unlike anything seen around the Kawani land. They filled Ranulf's nostrils with a delightful and unfamiliar bouquet and came in a rainbow of colors and textures. Some where shaped like apples, but where a bright pinkish-red and seemed to have a tougher skin. There were long, yellow, bean-looking fruits, and a whole assortment of nuts and berries in every shape and size imaginable.

After displaying the contends of the bag she nosed open one of the baskets. It was filled with bottle full of liquids and powers in strange, bright colors, as well as glimmering jewelry, stones, and feathers. The basket was lined with a thick fur of some animal he didn't immediately recognize as well.

With a little puff of her chest, she looked back to the usdia to see what he thought of her wares.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games