Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:48 pm
User Image

'Devious' was not a term that the Angel would use to describe herself. Not normally. Of course, she didn't normally go on wild adventures either, but she'd had more than her share of those lately as well. It had started her thinking about things that she normally pushed aside, things she didn't interfere with because it wasn't her business, and whatnot. Then, she realized...sometimes, life is too short to keep putting things off until tomorrow. That you miss out on things sometimes by avoiding what might be a source of conflict.

Also, she was a mother. It was her job to interfere.

Especially if her adult children were going to act like children to avoid facing their problems.

Her poor Mellon had been busy delivering messages this morning. Though he'd insisted that he was fine and ready to help in any other way, she'd scolded him and sent him off to have a nice afternoon nap in her garden. Even if he'd argue otherwise about helping her, she knew he enjoyed relaxing in the dappled shade beneath the fragrant plants in her herb garden. He'd earned it.

Hopefully, she'd planned this well enough to know who would show up first. Though, if some improv was required, well, she'd figure something out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 pm
User ImageTexas had received the message in the morning.

Spending some time with Takeko was never something Texas was against. Honestly, they had a lot of similarities. Ignoring his, well, odd one night stand with her son, and the children or, in Takeko's case, grandchildren that resulted, the two of them had no reason to be odd around each other, either. They were both the heads of rather large families and it showed in the way they behaved.

Even if a lot of Texas' family was him acting like a Papa Bear to a lot of his own adopted siblings. Of course, he then ended up acting like a father to his own nephew, too...

Once he told Vangelis and Ignatius where he was going--Mikasi would find out from them once he actually woke up--Texas ventured out. Takeko certainly knew what she was doing when she planned. Texas was the time to always arrive on time or even a bit early, and he did so this time as well, taking a brisk pace to get to Takeko's abode closer to the forest.

Humming to himself, he rapped his hand against the door and waited patiently for Takeko to come, not wanting to come across as rude.

Hopefully there was nothing wrong underneath Takeko's rather innocuous message. He did not think there was, considering she had not come straight to him, but at the same time, she hadn't come straight to him. What if she was unable to leave her house for some reason? Was someone sick? Was she sick?

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:33 pm
The angel turned as a knock at the door signaled someone's arrival. Preparing mentally for who might be on the other side, she put a smile on her face and crossed to her home's entrance.

"Texas! Do come in!" she greeted the demon enthusiastically, reaching for his hand with a smile to guide him inside. "Do forgive me for asking you to come all the way out here, but I was finishing up some baking," she explained, the scent of fresh sweets wafting from the kitchen. She closed the front door behind them, then gestured to her main living room. "Please, have a seat and make yourself comfortable after the long trip. I've just got this last batch to take out of the oven to cool," she added, moving back into the kitchen. Once out of sight, she allowed herself a small smile. Step one complete.

Calling from the kitchen as she removed the tray of cookies from the oven and set them atop the wood-burning stove to cool, she explained, "I wanted to send some goodies to you and the boys. However, my last batch well...it never made it your way, so I thought I'd be sure to prevent any interceptions this time!" She laughed lightly, dusting off the counter with a towel to rid of some spare flour, then returned to the living room. The reason that the last batch had never made it to their intended destination was actually a recent high point for her, putting her in an even better mood at recollection. Afterall, it hadn't been long before that she'd let Texas know of her other child, thought lost and never to be seen again...when he'd shown up on her doorstep after all this time, with stories of the life he'd been living on the Isle. She was torn; she wanted to share the good news, yet there was no telling about the timing right now. She didn't want to start in on the good news only to interrupt for more important matters later.

Instead, she simply returned to the living room and took a seat, folding her hands in her lap as she smiled at Texas. "How is everyone? Doing well, I hope?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:37 pm
Hearing someone come to the door instead of a weak voice telling him to come inside was a bit of a relief.

So his worries about her were unjustified, at least, but was something else wrong? He didn't see anyone else in the house that didn't belong there when he stepped in... "Ah, thank you, Takeko." He took her hand, carefully stepping inside her abode as guided, eyes darting around for something that may have seemed a bit amiss.

That, too, was relieved when she commented she was doing a little baking. Okay. She was well enough--and alright enough--to do some baking. Texas moved himself to the living room, settling himself on one of the comfortable chairs. After the flight over, it was nice to just relax on something comfortable and close his eyes. Admittedly, he could sometimes see why Magnus and Mikasi found themselves doing this so much...

So it really was just about cookies? Texas laughed.

"Fair enough," he winked. "I'm sure you won't mind if I take a few before I head out, though, or stay here for a bit longer." With that, he leaned back a bit and closed his eyes once again, relaxing.

He wasn't sleeping though, obvious by the way he replied to her question. "Oh, they're doing alright. Mikasi is acting a little unusual lately, but his father seems to be acting a little more normal as an alternative, which is nice. Ignatius has some big ideas in his head, but he's the same as always. Vangelis is never changing." He popped open an eye. "On your side?"

Seiana_ZI

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:05 pm
"Of course, I don't mind!" Takeko chuckled, tucking her ankles to the side and leaning on the arm of the armchair she'd chosen for herself. "You're always welcome here. And besides, what sort of hostess tosses baked goods at a guest before shoving them out the door?" she teased, giggling.

While it was good to hear positive news about the other's extended family, her attention was also on making sure her own appearance fit the situation and that none of her behavior seemed amiss. She wasn't used to such subversive behavior, and if it hadn't all been for the best intentions, she may have had more trouble keeping from rousing suspicion. As it were, she listened attentively, nodding when appropriate before responding in kind.

Leaning to rest one cheek on her hand, Takeko smiled and nodded once more. "Well, it sounds like things are going well overall. As for here, well, it's been busy, but a good sort of activity. Kane comes by from time to time. He and Vika are well, and even have a new charge," she chuckled. "I don't suppose you've heard. I'm not even entirely sure what to make of it myself, but he's got himself another little one...this one from an egg of all things! Do you believe it? She's a wild one...doesn't have to look like him though to show she acts just like him," she chuckled. "I still can't believe the changes I've seen in him," she said in a quieter voice, smiling gently. "He's still Kane...but first, the way he took to Vika, and now Nyra..." She shook her head. "I'd never have believed it years ago."

She moved on. "Melek's moved up to the City with Danya. I think the change will do them both good. I know it was a mutual agreement and all, but the separation still seemed to wear on him. They've got such luxuries up there in the City," she mused, then waved a hand dismissively, "Not that I could ever leave my home here. I have all I need already."

She decided to go ahead and share the good news, smiling and picking up energy, "And I have such good news--!"

User Image
At that moment, the door pushed open and a voice from beyond interrupted, "Hey, Mom! I got those blackberries you were wanting. Not so much luck on the strawberries, but I think it's a little too late in the...year..." Saffron had pushed the door closed behind him and entered the living room area before stopping dead in his tracks. He hadn't thought she was expecting any other company today as far as he knew, but this wasn't just any passing guest.

Frozen, he looked much like a deer, startled by the sudden appearance of a predator, but unable to run, eyes fixed on the tanned demon reclining on one of the chairs.

Takeko was quick to alter her sentence as she sprung to her feet. "...News which can wait for later. Saffron, dear! Thank you so much," she swiftly took the basket from his arm, sweeping behind to cut off his exit and push him forward gently, but firmly. "Take a seat and rest! You must be tired after helping your poor mother all morning."

Saffron wasn't exactly sure what happened when he found himself pushed into one of the sitting chairs in his mother's living room. She bustled past him quickly, leaving the hybrid blinking and staring blankly at the demon opposite.

Still smiling innocently, Takeko pretended to be more interested in the diversionary blackberries as she bustled off to the kitchen with the basket. "I'll just take care of these. How about some tea? I'll get you boys some tea and some scones I baked earlier this morning!" She slipped into the kitchen and as soon as she was out of sight, leaned against the wall and let out a tense breath. Step two down. It's up to them now, she thought to herself with a worried glance towards the living room beyond.

Saffron shot a panicked look towards the kitchen as his mother disappeared, leaving them alone. Then, he looked to the door...too late to escape now...Texas was seated between him and his escape route. Darn woman! If he hadn't known better, he'd have sworn his mother had planned this.

...maybe she had.

And he'd fallen for it. Great. Now what? He turned a wary glance towards Texas again, the silence weighing heavily on the room, as if he could feel it pressing in on him. He should say...something. But what? What did he say to someone he hadn't seen since the night they'd apparently...done...

"Um...hi?"

Smooth.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:35 pm
Texas offered an amused smile in her direction. She could kick him out the door ... but she didn't. That was what made her Takeko, after all.

Kane had a new daughter? Ha! Texas' other eye opened, the demon choosing to lean forward a bit instead of take a closer look at what Takeko was doing. An egg? That was most definitely odd, and it showed by the surprise on Texas' face. There hadn't been eggs on the isle since long before Texas was born, certainly. He himself hadn't come from an egg so far as he knew. A Kane clone was probably good for him, though. Vika was mostly definitely not that, really...

Mikasi was sort of, though. Too bad things seemed strained with them at best.

Distant at worst.

"Kane has grown a lot. I can even say that as a friend of his." Texas laughed. "It's good for him. Probably good for everyone else too, considering he doesn't quite seem as ... violent or rash."

Melek and Danya moved up to the City? The City was a nice place, but Texas was uncertain if he could ever bring himself to make a home there. His own son, Vangelis, wasn't exactly welcome there. It made Texas uneasy, never mind the fact that the City itself made him uneasy... "It is a nice place, but I like my home on the beach. I'm glad Melek and Danya found a good place to stay."

The good news made him curious, but there didn't seem to be much time to talk about that.

Saffron.

Oh.

Well, that explained a lot.

When Takeko ended up scurrying away, Texas, more amused than annoyed, shouted after her, "I knew something was going on!" Of course Takeko was up to something. If nothing was wrong, that was the only obvious answer. She really wouldn't make him travel all morning just to get a bunch of cookies, would she? -- Of course, he hoped he was getting those cookies anyway. They sounded good, and Saffron looked like he might need some with how awkward he looked.

Texas had to admit, this was a little bit awkward, though. They hadn't really talked since they, ah, ...

Mm... yeah, that.

He tilted his head, watching Saffron as he awkwardly attempted a 'Hi.' "Hey, Saffron." In comparison, Texas seemed much calmer, and in a lot of ways ... he was. Maybe this was a bit awkward--and honestly, it really was--but focusing on it wasn't going to do them any good. And if Saffron was going to be so awkward, someone had to be calm. "How're you doing? Been a while."

Yeah, that was putting it lightly.

Seiana_ZI

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:27 pm
Though the response was anything except harsh, Saffron cringed. Maybe it was because it was such a benign response that he reacted as such. The lasting fear of this exact confrontation still lingered in his mind, though he had no logical basis for it. Afterall, what did he expect would happen? Something loud and dramatic, full of shouting and violence? Even if this hadn't been Texas of all Pae, the thought would have been ridiculous. Why? Why expect something so dramatic? Despite the rather dramatic impact that the event had had on their lives already, what purpose would more drama have served to change anything?

None.

Still, the trouble lay deeper, in a concern that Saffron had no idea how to deal with, yet the longer he'd put off dealing with it, the worse it had made things for him. The only solution he'd come up with had been to avoid the confrontation indefinitely.

Now that that was out, time for Plan B...which he didn't have.

Guess that meant playing things by ear.

He cleared his throat, looking at the floor and trying to relax his posture somewhat from the 'frozen prey' stance to something more natural, if still nervous. Though he felt like fleeing, he leaned forward, arms on his knees, unconsciously taking a different sort of defensive stance, wings folded tightly against his shoulders. "Err...doing okay. It uh...has been a while," he muttered, coughing awkwardly into his hand.

This was painful. Maybe it'd be better to be out with it, rather than trying to dance around the issue. There was no avoiding it now.

He glanced up, taking in Texas' relaxed posture, wondering how he could seem so calm about this. It had been...years, literally. They had kids. Adult children...and they'd never even talked about what happened between them.

Thanks to his mother, apparently that's what they were supposed to do now.

Cringing internally, he took a deep breath and let it out, trying to appear just half as calm about this. He didn't realize the anxious fluttering of his head wings were giving away his vain attempts. "So uh...Aster's been good too. He's always been a good kid though." He tore his gaze from the floor forcefully, attempting to meet Texas' gaze before he spoke again. "...I'm sorry...I didn't come talk to you sooner. It's been so long now..."

There was the true shame laid bare. Not in what they'd done...but that he'd waited so long to talk about it; that he was ashamed of being a coward for so long and had no idea how to even broach the subject of what happened between them after so much time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:55 pm
Though Texas wished Saffron wasn't, he couldn't exactly blame the other for being nervous.

It had been years since they had ... relations. Or talked, for that matter, if they were thinking in a much less interesting tone. It wasn't exactly easy to broach most conversations with people that hadn't been spoken to for years, and this was really a whole different level of "not spoken to," considering the lines of their last interactions.

Texas wanted to reach out and put a hand on Saffron's shoulder or knee or something, in an attempt to comfort, but he wasn't certain if Saffron would appreciate, so he kept his hands to himself. Not wanting to influence the conversation, he also kept a cap on his abilities, not exuding the calming aura he was known for. Honestly, he didn't think Saffron would appreciate it very much, anyway, no matter how much the poor man was fidgeting and coughing and clearing his throat and staring at the ground awkwardly.

Pretending to be more natural seemed to be helping Saffron a bit, at least. Texas kept the calm demeanor.

It was hard to say how he was holding it. Perhaps he was just ... used to it.

Aster... right, Takeko had mentioned him a couple times, though not to any great extent. Texas didn't know an awful lot about his second son, only really knowing that he existed and that he was alright. It was a connection that Texas felt ashamed of. He let himself fall into the same trap as Magnus, really. Magnus barely had any touch with Mikasi, and he was certain that Magnus didn't even know who Vika was.

Texas kept the sigh to himself.

Instead, he held Saffron's gaze, as hard as it might have been for the other man. "Ignatius is good, too. Inquisitive and rebellious, though not of me," of others, of the establishments, those he rebelled against. "I think he might have inherited a little of that from you."

He felt the shame radiating from Saffron, and the urge he felt to just use his power grew, but that felt wrong. No matter how much he thought it would help, it would be wrong to do that.

"It has been a long time, but I understand why this is ... hard for you." He tapped his fingers against his leg, perhaps the first sign that Texas wasn't totally relaxed underneath the calm exterior he kept. "So far as I knew, you weren't exactly. Well." He offered a small, wry smile. "Into me. And what it caused? Unexpected."

Though perhaps Texas should've known better.

Seiana_ZI

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:31 pm
Saffron bit back a snort. A rebellious streak, eh? From him? Heh...alright, maybe on second thought, he might be able to see that. He settled for an acknowledging smile, nodding at the floor. "Hopefully, that rebellious streak hasn't gotten him in too much trouble," he quipped softly, hiding a note of sadness. How much did he not know? How much had he missed of his other son's life?

How much had he deprived Texas of Aster's?

Time that was lost and could never be regained. All because he'd been a coward, afraid to answer for his actions.

It never even occurred to him to share the blame; that it could have been as easy for Texas to come to him to talk instead. He simply shouldered the guilt, frowning and looking up again when Texas spoke. He flushed slightly, but didn't look away. The conversation was already out in the open. No turning away from it now.

"It is hard to talk about," he admitted with a flash of understanding. "But...maybe not for the reason you think." He tilted his head slightly at the other as if studying him, blinked a moment, then shook it off, continuing as if nothing had happened. "Honestly...I'm just ashamed it took this long...and the plots of a certain woman," he said pointedly, sparing a momentary 'glare' towards the kitchen, "to make me address the issue. I'm sorry for being a coward," he finished, dropping his head, tiny secondary wings drooping.

Taking a deep breath, he pushed forwards. "I'll admit, at the time, I was confused. I mean, I wasn't really...'into you', as you put it...no offense. I mean, I didn't think about you like that or anything, so when we uh...you know, I couldn't figure out why it happened. Hell, things are still a little hazy," he admitted, reaching up to rub his neck awkwardly. He'd never been able to remember the night clearly. At first, he'd assumed he was blocking it out or something, but as time went on and he dealt with what happened...it never came back to him. He wasn't sure why.

"I wasn't ready to deal with what had happened at the time, so I avoided dealing with it...with you," he admitted shamefully. "Then, when Aster arrived, well...more confusion and I got so busy with him and time passed...the more time that passed, the more distance I put between myself and what happened, the less...I wanted to go back and address it. After a while, it seemed like so much time had passed, I was more ashamed of that than I was of what happened. I mean...who waits that long before saying something? So, I avoided it further...like that wasn't just making it worse," he grumbled, rolling his eyes at himself. It sounded stupid now that he was voicing it all aloud. And why was he speaking so freely anyway? It wasn't as if they'd been exactly 'close' before everything happened. They'd been acquaintances, sure, their families had known each other, but they hadn't had that much in common or anything or even spoken more than a few casual conversations.

He reached up, running his hand through his hair to rake it back from his face. "I guess, what I'm trying to say is...I think I dealt with what happened a long time ago...but I never addressed the fact that...I never leveled with you. And I'm sorry."

He slumped, resting his arms on his knees again, staring at the floor in silence. He felt...a bit better now than he had when they'd first started talking. Though, he felt things were far from normal between them, they were at least talking now. Okay, he was mostly talking. He did have something he wanted to ask Texas, something he'd suspected and always wanted to know for sure.

After a moment, he glanced up, meeting the other's crimson gaze. "Hey, Texas? Mind if I ask something?" He paused only a moment before continuing. "Back then, did you...were you 'into me?'"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:21 pm
Texas smiled, offering a soft, "Not yet," and a wink. Hopefully never, but Ignatius didn't seem like the type to just fall in line when he needed to. He never had, really.

And honestly, neither had Texas. Perhaps they were both to blame for that particular trait.

Texas opened his mouth to talk when Saffron commented that it probably wasn't for the reasons that Texas though, but when Saffron continued, Texas opted to keep his mouth shut. If Saffron needed to talk, Texas was there to listen, like he was for many. Sure, they hadn't exactly been the closest--honestly, most of what drove their interactions was Texas' crush and Saffron's ... presence, really--but that didn't make much of a difference. Once they had seen each other in such a--well... such a way--there wasn't necessarily a real need for privacy anymore.

At least, not when it came to the results of it, or the reasons for those results.

And so as Saffron talked, Texas stayed quiet, looking into Saffron's eyes but not daring to open his mouth. He processed what Saffron was saying, nodding when appropriate, and even offering a soft, "None taken," when Saffron commented on his lack of interest. Honestly, Texas had a feeling that Saffron was not into him and probably would never be into him. That was alright. Texas had come to accept that, and as time went on, the crush eventually faded away. It didn't bother him anymore. He had bigger concerns. He had moved on.

Texas had realized a lot of things with him just weren't meant to be.

"It's okay," offered Texas, finally, when Saffron finished talking. "I get it. Avoidance may not necessarily make things better, but it certainly makes things easier. Out of sight, out of mind. I understand that. I really do." He had seen his brother adopt a similar tactic when it came to his "mess up"--Mikasi, that was--though it was definitely not the thing to do there. It was never really the thing to do, but that didn't make it not convenient or helpful in the immediate sense. "There's nothing that can be done about it at this point, either. No point focusing on the past."

He offered a sincere smile, much wider than the ones he had given previously. It was alright. ... Even though Saffron asked that question. Honestly, he kind of knew it was coming, himself. Of course it was.

"Yeah, I was. Thought you were handsome and I liked your personality." Texas shrugged, chuckling quietly. "I've moved on from it, though. I've crushed on a lot of people. Mostly not into men. I seem to be bad at this." He shot a cheeky grin at Saffron, before leaning back a bit, posture become a bit more casual once again.

"I got a crush on someone once who ended up obsessed with an elder. That didn't go well." He laughed. "I got over that one, too."

Seiana_ZI

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:11 am
What Texas said had made sense. Yeah, avoidance was usually the easiest way to deal (or not deal) with a problem. But it was never a permanent solution. And the longer you waited, the worse it got. Saffron understood that well now. And yet, when it's all over, what else could you do but learn from the mistake and move on? "Yeah, you're right," he admitted with a nod. "I just...I dunno, I needed to apologize, for all the good it does," he explained.

The pause allowed him to collect himself a bit, though Texas' smile did little to reassure him. He'd spent too long wondering though to back out now before finding out the answer. And there it was...bluntly.

"Yeah, I was."

Saffron felt his face flush, hearing the words 'handsome' and 'liked your personality' coming from Tex's lips. To be completely honest, he was flattered. Hell, he'd been flattered back then when he'd suspected it...he'd just had no idea how to respond to it. Heck, he didn't know how to respond now. But it seemed he wouldn't need to, as the next sentence stopped him from saying anything in reply.

"I've moved on from it, though."

For some reason, he felt suddenly disappointed. And the feeling confused him further. Why would that affect him? Maybe because he'd been flattered that someone liked him, but had seemingly 'gotten over it' with ease. Because it had happened before, several times. It was just a phase.

Attempting to shake off the passing thoughts, as well as the sudden urge to give in again to slumping over sadly, he tried to nod simply and cover that nothing was amiss. "...oh. I see." He said little more, seeming to focus on his hands, fingers interlaced.

Texas concluded his answer, noting that many of his past interests had no interest in other men, Saffron included. The problem with that was: Saffron didn't know what he was interested in. Growing up, it wasn't something he'd thought about much before. He didn't have much chance upon coming of age for that sort of thing. He didn't get out a whole lot as a teenager and he'd no sooner reached the point where he could be considered a young adult when he'd been saddled with raising a troublesome child he'd found in the forest. He hadn't been ready to be a father, but as it turned out, there had been little choice, when the boy wouldn't tolerate anyone else. He'd had to grow up quickly to be a good father, to raise the boy right. At least, he hoped he had.

He should have had time then to figure out what he was interested in, what sorts of traits interested him in other Pae'il. But he hadn't focused on that, instead, just focusing on being free of raising a child for a while. He had time to figure that out later. Then...Texas' crush. It had been something completely new for the mixed angel, something he had no idea how to respond to. He'd had no time to figure it out either before things happened between them and well...kids then they grew and now, here they were today, Saffron no closer to understanding himself than when he'd started.

He'd made the decision early in the conversation that, if the topic came up, if it was already open, he'd liked to have asked Texas some questions. But what did he expect? That after several years, if he had had any interest in the mixed angel, he'd still be clinging to it with hope to try again after all this time with no contact whatsoever? Ridiculous, Saffron. Texas had a life to live too. Couldn't expect him to sit around waiting.

And what if he'd gone back sooner? If he'd not waited so long to talk?

Maybe he'd have had more answers.

Maybe...he could get by with a less direct question, but still something he'd like to know. "Do you remember much about what happened? I mean, I do...it's sorta' hazy, I'm just..." He glanced aside. "Curious. I mean, if you were attracted to me, what happened, that makes sense and all. I sorta' remember what happened," he explained pointedly, making it clear that wasn't what he was asking. "I'm just having trouble remembering why I did it. I mean...if I wasn't interested and all that..."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 am
Texas watched Saffron's reaction with a renewed curiosity when Saffron starting flushing like a tomato. If Saffron had suspected, why exactly was he blushing?

He supposed finding out someone liked someone else was always a bit flattering to that someone else--not that he'd personally know--but even after all this time? It had been years. It faded. Of course, maybe Saffron had never quite known. Perhaps that had something to do with the way he was reacting to Texas' words?-- That response was interesting.

"Oh, I see," was a line that Texas had heard before. Sarcastically, from Mikasi, when he didn't feel like listening. Fascinated, from Ignatius, when he wanted to know more about the Isle. And ... sadly, from Vangelis, when Texas mentioned that one of Vangelis' old instruments had broke after years of usage. This sounded more like the third option, though it obviously wasn't for the same reason. (Saffron hadn't exactly used Texas for years or something.)

That was admittedly a reaction Texas was not expecting.

He was honestly expecting some form of relief when he had carried on and even joked about his longer-standing crush on Cinthy. Saffron didn't seem terribly amused or relieved, for that matter. Had Texas misread something? He had been pretty sure it was obvious that Saffron was never going to have any interest in him--hell, Saffron had confirmed he was not into him just a few minutes ago!

But yet, here they were, with a more subdued Saffron than he was actually expecting.

Perhaps it was just part of who Saffron was, but it was strange for Texas to wrap his mind around. Sometimes, even he could misstep in a reading, but how off was his mental picture of how Saffron would react? Obviously, big boisterous laughter was not in the mood of the conversation nor was it particularly Saffron-like, but he wasn't necessarily expecting the exact opposite reaction to be true, either. Subdued, stumbling curiosity was what he was getting, with that last question there.

"I'd hope you remember what happened, or at least put that much together." Texas chuckled teasingly, keeping his mood light despite the unexpected swing Saffron's had taken. No point in making them both seem rather moody. That wasn't in Texas' nature, anyway... "Unfortunately, I can't exactly get into your head, so I don't totally know what you were thinking at the time, though I can say it surprised me, a bit. I thought you had no interest at all."

Honestly, it was something Texas had occasionally wrestled with in the beginning stages of Ignatius' life. He knew Saffron wasn't into him. Texas should have been stronger than he had been; falling into bed with someone he knew wouldn't normally want to do anything of the sort with him hadn't exactly been very mature of him. Yet, he couldn't quite explain why he had done it, either. Perhaps the idea that Saffron was into him, after all, was too much for Texas to dismiss at the time, even if it was only temporary.

"Probably has something to do with those damn Erotes," murmured Texas, the conclusion he came to a while ago. Those Venus-led parties were becoming rather infamous... "An outside influence might have been at play. That's really the only thing I've ever been able to reason." Moving from his relaxed position, Texas leaned forward again, setting his arms on his legs and stretching his wings out a bit. "The details aren't exactly the clearest to me either--it's been years, anyway--but you wanted to, well. Who was I to say no?"

He really should have, but that was a topic for another discussion.

Seiana_ZI

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 am
Texas' reply sent Saffron into an immediate backpedal. He didn't think he'd ever get rid of this heat in his cheeks, not while this conversation continued and probably for some time afterward at this rate. "Oh, of course not! I mean, I got that part, just...wasn't sure if...what I might have said at the time maybe..." he finished lamely. That had been a stupid question. He assumed Texas would have known his motives when he didn't even remember them himself? Stupid. Chuckling weakly, he shrugged, "Yeah, sorry, stupid question," he admitted. "Dunno why I asked that. I guess I'm just confused."

While he hadn't been trying to be deceitful at any point, it was still probably the most honest admission he'd made all day.

"I thought you had no interest at all."

Yeah, so did I.

Shaken from his thoughts by a new suggested solution, he glanced up. "The Erotes?" He wasn't completely unfamiliar with their work and it'd have been a lie to say that he hadn't considered that possibility among many others. Yet, he didn't know enough to dismiss or accept it either way. He knew enough to know that they were very powerful, and also very flippant about interfering with Paes' lives. His own family knew that, he thought, remembering his now ex-sister-in-law. His brother, Melek, had had a short-lived marriage thanks to the affects of one of their arrows. A marriage, and two kids. The marriage was no more, but of course, the children remained as a living reminder of the former forced bond.

But, how did it work? The biggest flaw he had in this theory was the question: Wouldn't he remember being hit by an arrow if he had? It seemed like the sort of thing one would remember.

Or was that part of what remained hazy in his memory? The part he couldn't remember?

"I know they're powerful," he nodded, musing aloud. "But, that powerful? I mean, could they really make someone do something that they wouldn't normally?" He had another flaw in his logic at this point. From what he did remember of the meeting...he didn't remember any feelings that he was being forced to do something he didn't want to against his will. Were the arrows that powerful, to alter a Pae'il's very personality and mindset? Or...on some level, could he have actually wanted...?

Well, what else could it mean? The options were either unnerving...or just more confusing.

Then, he focused on the last question Texas asked. In a moment, he turned the focus off of himself and considered what the demon might have been thinking during all this. He felt selfish, only considering himself and his confusion without thinking about what the other may have felt. While Texas didn't seem as outwardly upset about the matter as Saffron, indicating that maybe he'd dealt with the issue better after all, the mixed angel couldn't help but say something. "Well, taking in your point of view, I certainly can't blame you. And I don't," he felt the need to clarify, waving a hand. "I mean...someone you're interested in shows up, expressing his own interest out of the blue, what else would you think?" He rubbed his neck awkwardly; it felt strange to be talking about himself like this, relating decisions and actions he could no more answer for than explain. "Of course you'd go with it. I mean, why not? It'd be like a dream come true...or something, I guess. I suppose, this could have gone much worse," he considered, thinking again about the forced marriage of his brother. He was letting his mouth run away from him again, voicing his wandering train of thought. "At least it wasn't some stranger, or some a*****e; if it was the Erotes, could have been anyone. And, alright, probably not handled in the best way afterwards, but suppose it must not have been too bad at the time, eh?"

He visibly cringed, pausing, then dropping his face into his open palm. That was crude...wasn't it? Yep, run-away mouth; curse you. "Err...I'm sorry if I'm not handling this well," he apologized into his hand immediately to cover before the awkward could take over again. It was a losing battle, but he had to try, else he'd likely go crawl in a hole to hope to die at this point. "I mean, I'm not exactly experienced with this sort of thing." Wait, that could be taken wrong. Hurriedly, he added, "I mean, of course not THIS sort of thing exactly! Of course not! That'd be...more than strange. I just mean...relationships, or uh...I mean, the whole 'serious connection' thing and what you do when it goes bad or awkward or..." He massaged his eyes and forehead before straightening up. "Guardians, I'm bad at this. I sound like a lunatic. I'm not...experienced with dating or...other things," he finished admitting, feeling like his face could be warm enough at this point to melt a hole in the ground to let the earth swallow him up. "Is it always this awkward?" he asked curiously.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:30 am
Admittedly, how red Saffron was turning was rather amusing.

Maybe he should keep teasing him.

Texas certainly remembered some of what Saffron said, but none of it really stated much beyond the obvious. A statement of interest, really, a couple of them. A request? Nothing that would have given any greater clues that Saffron was not aware of already. The suggestion of the Erotes being at fault seemed to catch Saffron's interest, though. Saffron had definitely heard of them by this point, certainly, considering he was the brother (and uncle) to some of the results of that.

It was true that Texas couldn't recall being hit by an arrow either, but it wasn't like he had any Erote experiences to confirm or deny if that was normal with. Honestly, he figured it was part of the fog they put over the people they duped into whatever they were deciding to dupe them into today. Texas couldn't figure out why one of the Erotes decided to aim at them, but they probably just decided it was convenient.

Or funny. That seemed more likely. He had to wonder if the one at fault--if they were at fault--was watching them from somewhere now, in hysterics.

"I'd think so? You've seen all those babies, haven't you?" He quirked a brow. "In fact, I'm pretty sure there's another case of the Erotes in your own family, a marriage no less. They seem to be experts in causing things to happen that wouldn't normally."

Texas probably would have normally done that, but then, this wasn't Texas they were talking about.

He was a bit surprised by Saffron trying to tilt the angle of the discussion back to him, and he rubbed his neck sheepishly when Saffron attempted to see it from his point of view. "It's alright, you don't have to-" he started, at least, but he never really finished that statement, letting Saffron just puzzle his way through what he was trying to walk himself through. But when Saffron made the crude, offhand comment, Texas almost burst out laughing. He actually did have to bite back more laughter when Saffron started cringing about it.

"Saffron, I think the whole 'crude' thing goes away once you've dived into bed together, intentional or not."

He had to wonder if that would cause some flaming cheeks again.

"But." Texas sighed. "If it makes you feel better, I may seem like an expert, but I'm not." He offered a wry grin. "Remember what I said about continuously falling for guys not into men? Yeah, that seems to be a lifetime pattern. I've never been in a relationship either." He unfurled his wings, for a moment, taking that moment to stretch a bit. Staying so still was making him feel a bit stiff... although maybe it was just the situation he was currently in making him feel so stiff. Hard to say. "I can say that this awkwardness around things that don't work out is pretty common, though. For whatever reason, and perhaps especially this reason. When there's clear consequences involved, it gets weird."

That much he had seen a couple times, now, even if it was a little odd to be the one in it instead of watching and assisting from the outside for once. It was hard to constantly be the one dispensing advice if he didn't have some experiences for himself, though.

"I think you're really handling it as well as anyone could."

Seiana_ZI

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 am
Saffron wasn't sure if he was relieved or disappointed by Texas pointing out that the Erotes seemed to be able to make Pae do all kinds of things they'd never do otherwise. He had to admit, he couldn't imagine Melek running off to get married to some stranger on a whim normally.

On the other hand, sometimes it was hard to predict what Melek would and wouldn't do normally anyway. Not many understood fully how his mind worked...not all the time.

So, did that mean that his actions taken while possibly under the influence of one of the Erote's arrows could mean nothing at all? That he was simply following some outside influence's orders that trumped any preference or will of his own? It took responsibility from his shoulders...but it left him with no other answers. Strangely, he wasn't sure he was satisfied with that.

Texas' comment hit its target, Saffron's cheeks glowing red once more as the blunt comment about 'diving into bed together' inadvertently pulled up certain mental images, memories that were not completely faded, not even close. Okay, did not need that distraction at the moment. "Okay, point taken," he coughed, glancing aside, "Little left to worry about being too open anymore, I suppose." After a moment, he smiled. He had to acknowledge the humor of the truth of it.

He supposed his usage of the word 'relationship' had been incorrect earlier, as his meaning seemed misunderstood. "Okay, maybe not successful relationships, or even mutual ones in some cases," he admitted with an uncomfortable shrug, shifting in his seat, "but at least it sounds like you've had enough experience to know what it is you want." He'd finished quietly, falling silent and half turning to the side in his chair to lean on the armrest. Maybe he didn't realize the truth he'd just implied behind his statement. Or maybe, he was fully aware of exactly what he'd done and was just waiting to see if Texas noticed...or let it slip by without mentioning it.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff