Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm
User Image

Luna frowned. Everything seemed to be happening to her, one thing right after the other. First the strange ball, then being turned into a man while Stallion Justmo was made a woman... then he birthed three children, some sort of ritual, some sort of strange feeling that she just knew had to do with her powers, and now this little ball of what looked like moonlight kept following her and chatting to her non stop. What she wouldn't give to have her quite normal life back for just a moment, even if she did love Justmo and her children deeply. Celestia seemed to have the normalicy now, or so she thought. Her sister never seemd to tell her if anything was wrong, so Luna could only assume. She was an excellent help with the children when Mo was busy with his duties and Luna was resting from her still very night owl life. But now things had gotten too strange and she needed help.

She had embarked on a journey to find the faun seer, Vanya, she believed was her name. She was told by Mo that Vanya could help her understand more about this.... 'moonball' that Luna insisted upon calling it. Mo had tried but he was still awkward from having breasts of his own and would occasionally get side tract looking to see if they had sprouted agian. So Luna took it upon herself to go seek out this Vanya and ask her.

Once Luna had made it to the tree where the seer was said to be, she attempted to remember her manners, however, a frustrated Luna tended to forget common things. "Seer Vanya, We demand to speak with you about this wonky parasprite!" she announced herself isntead of knocking, entering the room before pausing.

"No no silly silly, you must remember your place!" the moonball giggled and floated around her head.

Luna huffed angrily and swatted at the moonball, batting it away as it bounced through the air giggling. "Forgive me." she added curtly. "But what is this and why wont it go away?! " she asked in her royal canterlot voice, hands on her hip.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:33 pm
User Image

While it was generally accepted that her door was open to receive those who needed advice at anytime, the Seer wasn't exactly used to such...dramatic entrances. Blinking repeatedly, Vanya stared at the aura of the one who had just entered the room. It was hard not to recognize the voice of the fauny princess of the night; a familiar sound throughout the Tree as of late. Especially when accompanied by that of the Adviser. Usually raised loudly, just like this.

Taken by surprise, she repeated what she'd just heard, hoping for understanding to be granted. "...wonky...parasprite?" Nope, not helping. Understanding still elusive. It took some thinking for a moment, as well as the princess' follow-up question before Vanya started to think she understood what was going on. Now that she was looking for it, she could sense a smaller, secondary aura nearly dwarfed by the Pae'il's, but there if one knew to look for it. Chuckling, the Seer broke into a smile, leaning forward to rest her chin on her hands. "Ah, Princess Luna. I believe you've met your Mellon then, I take it? And how are you both getting along?"

Well, this looked to be an interesting reversal from her dealings with Celestia. The first sister had to be instructed on how to find her Mellon, and this one was trying to get rid of hers.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:54 pm
Luna tilted her head in utter confusion. "Melon? What does fruit have to do with anything?!" she blinked and glanced around the chambers. "I do not even see any fruit around to warent such a strange question!" she blurted out, frowning even harder. Would this chick even be able to help her if she had fruit on the brain? Fauns were so weird.... what she wouldn't give for her home back in Canterlot again...... with her kids..... uhg

The Moonball giggled and zipped over to float around Vanya before back over to Luna once again."Mel-Lon! Two L's. That is what I am, not a fruit silly silly Princess!"

Luna grunted and swatted at the thing. "Not only do you talk insistently, but now you claim you are a fruit! You can't even spell the word properly!" she added and turned back to the seer with more questions and confusion and raised voice and a tiny bit agitation but really all she wanted were some straight answers and this thing seemed to enjoy bugging her more than it did helping at the moment. "How Parasprites gained the ability to talk in your world I'll never know. And I thought we had it bad..... DO NOT FEED IT! IT WILL MULTIPLY!"

The Mellon laughed hysterically now, bouncing around in the air like a wild crazy ping pong ball. "I do not multiply! But she wont listen listen! I tried to tell her, I did I did... but its so fun when she's all shouty shouty!" it giggled and zipped around through the air.

Luna growled and took a moment to take a deep breath and collect herself. Something Mo had been -trying- to teach her to stop and do whenever she got out of hand.... now was probably a good time for two.. or three... or three hundred. "I just... want to know what it is.... and how to make it stop talking. It riles up the kids and I can't get them to nap...." she added, more softly so that the only ones that could hear were the ones in the room. With that last piece, she drooped a little into an exhausted new mother like posture. Seem's she had a whole lot to still learn.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:34 pm
Rather than even attempting to interrupt, the Seer sat quietly, listening to the loud exchange and reading the fluctuating emotions radiating off the princess. She could understand some of the frustration and confusion. How the poor princess ended up with such a hyper little Mellon, she'd never know. Still, it seemed more overly-enthusiastic than necessarily ill-meaning. Perhaps there was some issue communicating here.

Okay, massive understatement.

When the princess seemed to fall quiet, finished with her tirade against the Mellon, Vanya cleared her throat and stood from her seat to cross the room to her guest. She needed little aid, this being her own space and intimately familiar to her. She gestured towards one of the extra chairs she kept for guests and asked, "Princess, would you perhaps like to take a seat and relax? I'd love to help you both out, but it may require a bit of talking."

A bit unused to addressing others' Mellons than her own (as her own was a bit shy already, and most Mellons seemed content to stick to their own bonded from what she'd observed), Vanya sought out the bouncing tiny aura and added, "You're welcome to take a seat as well, unless you'd rather remain um...airborne?" Taking a seat, she nodded politely to them both. "And please, 'Vanya' will do just fine while we talk here."

She spoke to the fauny first, inclining her head in apology. "I'm sorry for the confusion. 'Mellon' is an ancient word, used to refer to those fairies of the Isle who choose to bond to a Pae'il. They are helpers, assistants, and companions, here to aid and serve, but also to be our friends so that we're never completely alone. They arrive when a Pae'il is ready to receive a unique power all their own, and they are the ones to help us understand what our abilities are and how to control them." Returning to something the princess had said repeatedly, the Seer shook her head. "I'm not sure what a 'Parasprite' is or what purpose they serve in your old land, but I can assure you, these are neither fruits nor do they magically multiply." She resisted the urge to chuckle at the thought, but restricted herself to a small smile instead.

"As for how to make it stop talking...have you simply asked it nicely? At least during the children's nap time? The first and most important lesson learned about Mellons is how to bond to yours and learn to communicate and work with one another. Simply, be open and receptive, get to know one another, because I'm afraid you're stuck together now."

She turned on the Mellon now, holding out a hand towards the tiny aura, unsure if she'd respond or not. "And you, little missy. Communication is a two-way path, remember that. I'm sure you're very amused with getting the princess shouting at you, but it upsets her. That's not very nice, is it? Surely, you two can come to some agreement, yes?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:09 pm
The first thing Luna did was gratefully take a seat. She needed a moment off her hooves and that chair looked like a welcoming change. But as she sat down, she listened to the seer, confused, interested, hopeful. So many different emotions were registering in her mind as the seer continued to speak. Talk to it? Ask nicely? "But I have talked to it repeatedly and it does not listen! " she admitted. Of course, she failed to admit she never actually 'asked' or said 'please'. It was more of her normal Royal Canterlot commanding voice.

The Mellon looked at the chair before looking over at Vanya's hand and alighting in it with a tiny giggle and less of a aura form. Weather or not she meant to upset the dark princess was not clear, though she peered at Luna with a sort of apologetic look before grinning. "She doesn't say please!"

Luna was about to just explode in rage and shout more things at the little 'mellon' but took a deep breath and decided against it. She pressed her head into her palms and made a low grumbling grown like sound before casting a sideways glance. "Will you... please.... not rile up the children during their nap time...."

'Moonball' looked like she was considering this for a moment, tilting her head and tapping a finger to her chin repeatedly. She bounced up and down in Vanya's hand before beaming. "Okey dokey somkey Princess!" she cooed and flittered over to nuzzle up to Luna's cheek.

Luna's eyes and ears twitched as the thing nuzzled up against her.... and at how stupidly and almost painfully easy that was. Not to mention she had no clue if it would actually even keep its promise. She stared at Vanya with a very unamused expression, as if hoping the seer would tell her what she needed to do next, like some kind of step by step program. If she had to be stuck with this thing forever... it was going to need to learn some boundaries..... even if it was kinda cute when it was behaving. "Does it even have a name?" she questioned. She hadn't even thought to ask it itself.....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:28 pm
The Mellon seemed to weigh little more than a feather perched upon her hand and Vanya had to stifle a giggle when the fairy zipped away to attach to her chosen Pae'il once more. She smiled at the pair, not oblivious to the princess' exasperation. "There we go. Progress already." She crossed her ankles, resting her hands on her knee. "It seems to be up to the Mellon in some cases. Some have already chosen their own names, or at least have a preference, and others seem to wish that their chosen Pae'il name them instead. I would say that you'd have to ask her yourself, in this case. It's generally a part of the bonding process," she explained.

"She seems fond of you already, if that helps," Vanya offered. "Some Mellons take a while to warm up to their chosen Pae'il. Much of the initial process is getting to know one another and building trust. I would say that communication and understanding fall under that category. Perhaps establishing some rules and guidelines of the relationship, like just now, and kindly asking that she not excite the children at nap time. Then, when trust has been established, the Mellon will be ready to help their Pae'il begin learning to use their uniquely-granted abilities."

Pausing, with a curious tilt of her head, Vanya thought back to the ceremony when the two fauny princesses had made official their loyalty to the Tree. "Am I correct in my memory, Princess? Your ceremony...you were told that you would be a Healer, yes?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:55 pm
Talking. So she had to do more talking. Talking wasn't so bad.... she could certainly lay down some rules, she was used to that after all. At least with Stallion Justmo and the children. But she hadn't done much of trying to form another relationship with anyone else since arriving. Perhaps it was time to do that. Perhaps wallowing in despair over losing one's homeland had come to and end. Okay, so all she had to do was ask? "What is your name them?" she asked the thing nuzzling her cheek. She half expected it to bounce all over again and sit on her head or turn summer salts in her hair...

The mellon let out another giggle and peered up at Luna, standing on her shoulder and grabbing the dark faunie's face to peer at her. "This one likes the name Chandra, its pretty pretty! But Princess calls me Moonball and I will answer!"

Chandra.... another funny name. This place was so full of funny names.... Chhhaanndndraaa. It was hard to say at first, but the more she repeated it in her mind, the easier it became. "Chandra..... perhaps I will attempt this name more often." she said with a stern yet truthful voice. If it would get the thing to calm down and not bug the kids during nap time, she'd called it Queen Chandra Moonball if it pleased the thing.

Rubbing her temples, she took another moment to collect herself before the seer's question fully hit her. "Yes... yes that is what was told to me at the ceremony. This creature is to help me understand my powers.... but was there not someone else I was to seek for guidance?" she tilted her head. It had been a while ago and her mind was now swarming with many things at once that she only vaguely remembered something about fauns specializing in each of the 'power' areas that could possibly assist one wishing to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:59 pm
Vanya nodded in response. How interesting. Both sisters falling under her tutelage; the lighter given powers in what were considered 'darker' arts, and the darker sister given a healer's blessing. Sometimes the spirits were funny.

"Yes, indeed, Princess," she answered with a smile, adding, "That would be me. I am available for all new shaman and healers for basic training and understanding of their new powers as they discover them. The specifics will be taught to you by your mellon, but I can help with any general inquiries, as well as power control and practice. Healers abilities can take many forms, but in my own experience, tend to fall into two main types: those who can take a direct hand in the healing process, usually through some sort of transfer of energy from themselves to the target, and those who create items that can be used to heal at a later time. Potions mixers, for example. I have more experience in that area myself, as it is part of my job. I create some of our most powerful healing potions, antidotes, and medicines; the most potent are infused with the magic of Laisidhiel herself." The Great Tree's dew could only be collected by select Faun, herself included. To her knowledge, only Earthmother and Chieftain Rais had access to the dew's source other than the Seer.

"Healers are blessed with abilities that allow them to aid their brethren directly in times of dire need. Truly, an honorable gift to possess."

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:59 pm
Luna paused as she listened to Vanya. Two different forms? An honorable gift to posses? She looked down in thought and furrowed her brows. She hadn't tried to conjure any sort of power but her Nighttime Illusion and what was left of her unicorn/Pegasus 'powers'. What else could she possibly do? The dark Princess tilted her head and looked first to Vanya and then her Mellon. "What is the first step I must do then.... to discover this power?" she asked, looking at them both in return.

Chandra rolled around in the air, like a cat rolling around in the dirt before making a nest in the dark Princess's flowing space like hair. She giggled and put her hands on her mouth as if hiding a secret before leaning down in front of Luna's face and peering at her upside down. "You're going to like yours, silly silly Princess. You're connection with the Moon is not all lost." she beamed and swayed back and forth playfully, now upright on Luna's head, looking quite pleased with herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:35 pm
Chuckling softly, Vanya lifted a hand to gesture towards the tiny voice. "And there you go. Chandra here will be able to set you on your path. Then, I may help you learn to follow it, once our destination is known. Getting to know one another is your first step, for there is little more we can do until she trusts you enough to divulge her secret. Though, I would take encouragement. It sounds as if she believes you will be pleased with the nature of your new abilities."

Even Vanya was growing curious in response to the Mellon's enthusiasm. Something to do with the moon...and healing...interesting. She had to admit; she too was going to be eager to find out what new ability Luna may now possess, waiting to be unlocked.

Though, it all depended on Chandra now before they could actively proceed. And Luna's ability to learn to communicate and bond with her.

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:48 pm
The...Moon? How could the Moon possibly help with this strange new power? Her brows furrowed more and she glanced at the creature dangling in her face. "You must tell me what it is you mean by this!" she near about demanded, already forgetting what was just previously said to her.

Chandra laughed and giggled, making a small tut sound and tapping the princess on the nose. "Not yet silly silly, you aren't ready! I want us to be bestest of bestest friends first!" she giggled and rolled about in Luna's hair, almost as if she was swimming in billowy space.

A small grumble escaped Luna's lips. Right... right. She had to bond first...details later. "Forgive me.. I am not used to this. I would not have such a thing back home to ... bond with." she tilted her head as she gathered the Mellon from her hair and set her down in her lap, for once really looking her over. "How long.... until I am ready?"

The Mellon looked up at the Princess from her new place in her lap as if she was studying her, and the smiled. "Not long not long! Soon I think. It's like your children.... I think you will open up faster than you think!" she danced around for a moment before giggling and pointing at Vanya. "And that one wants to know I'm sure, so lets not keep her waiting! Lets be Bestestesss!!" she said and flung herself at Luna for a tiny tiny hug.

Taken back by the little ones words, she timidly patted the creature as her return of the hug before looking at Vanya. "At least... she has not reproduced on me...." she said and managed a half laugh and smile. It was still weird though.... not to mention hyper.... maybe she was given Pinkie Pie's fruit creature by mistake.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games