Submit

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A tea dance had once been an exciting mystery to this young troll - tea that danced? I mean, she knew that psionics could sometimes control water, but how would you keep the tea warm and safe to drink? So when they opened up at the cafe she served for she'd immediately signed up. Before the first one she had been a bundle of nerves and excitement - all beneath a calm facade of course! (In truth her toes had been tapping away, but there was only so much a young troll could control.) She has been so excited, so incredibly, amazingly, indubitably EXCITED!

It had been a little bit (a huge bit) (a massive bit) (a ginormous bit) dissapointing.

But that had been the first time, which was a while ago. Nervit was not half as foolish now of course! (Okay so it had been three times and she still hadn't quite got over the dissapointment.) Nowadays she simply came to serve tea and cakes beforhand - the tea hand brewed and the cakes provided by a rustblood who, like nervit had a small lusus and therefore needed to find other ways to survive - and then watch the dancing. In truth, she wanted to dance - but the age groups were segregated, and she'd yet to turn up to an age-appropriate dance. Plus of course she had to learn the steps. Whilst an informal event, the dancing was formal - the Waltz, the Tango, the Quickstep, the Foxtrot - then the faster dances, the more exuberant - the Samba, the Jive! One of the dances she had attended had been for experienced dancers - and to watch the trolls spin and roll across the floor, watch claws carefully restrained from hurting or just prickling - to watch the sizzle of romance in the dances. Well. Even Nervit, she of the uninvolved could see it was beautiful.

But today was a Juniors Dance, and as Nervit poured tea into waiting cups, only small bodies milled around.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dances. were. so. boring. Mili tried to keep her scowl to a minimum, really she did! But it was just SO hard to do when all a dance ended up doing was show casing two qualities most found despicable - her cullable muteness and her 'whoring' ways. Not that either slur bothered her. Okay, maybe it bothered her a little.

Her table was off to the side, neat and proper. Instead of her usual clothing she wore a basic black dress with a whispy looking gray scarf that had a teal club broach on it. To the side Owl mom preened her downy white feathers and checked that the teal bow was still nicely situated on her neck. Yes, just a middle caste pair joining a junior's dance. Nothing to worry about!

Maybe they could have blended in and danced happily, but instead Owl Mom insisted in Mili 'working'. On the table was a place card that held the familiar teal club. Beside it stood one of her many whiteboards. This one stated boldly:

Auspiticing Services
Relationship Advice - 5 Beetles
Lessons - 10 beetles
Personal Ausp. Work - 10 beetles per hour.

The dance had just begun and a few curious trolls had come over to ask a question or two, but now the table was quiet and empty. Hunger rumbled in her stomach. That was the nice thing about the tea dance. The cakes and tea were always scrumptious.

Magician Arcana

Eco-friendly Shapeshifter

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:16 am

Nervit had been intrigued by the tealblood since she'd seen her arrive (new faces were always interesting), and even more intrigued by the fact she seemed to be here to work, rather than to dance. Why should a highblood (even one on the low end) have to work? And her lusus seemed large enough to hunt if a little fluffier than normal birds of prey? And didn't highbloods get a good allowance anyway? (Unrecognised stirrings of jealously and territorial instinct brewed inside the little orangeblood's mind ; overtly displayed as curiosity.) She decided to risk it and poured a strawberry blend of tea into a cup and placed a strawberry cream cake on a (plastic ; from experience she knew the younger dancers often would break crockery. She'd brewed the tea in crockery of course, otherwise it wouldn't brew correctly, but the cups and saucers were plastic.) saucer, taking them over to the equally little tealblood. Her face was set in a pleasant smile even as she read the sign (which created a stirring of emotions; among them curiosity, fright and a little bit of want.), and she offered the cake and tea.

"The dancers will be finishing shortly," she offered "so here's some refreshment for your throat when they come asking questions."
Of course Nervit had no idea that the other troll was mute ; otherwise she would never had said something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:55 pm
Owl-mom curiously watched as the orange blood stepped closer and placed the tea and cake in front of her lusus. Mili was caught unprepared by the server, her yes having wandered to the pairs of dancing and ineracting trolls. They could speak so freely, and easily. A tinge of jealousy bubbled from deep below, but Nervit stopped all those nasty black thoughts from becoming stronger.

She gave the orangeblood a small smile and took the plastic cup gratefully, sipping the strawberry tea. It was delicious and sweet, and the cake smelled good too. Though, when the young server mentioned about wanting the drink after the questions, Milieu knew instantly what was meant. A slightly bitter smile spread across her face as she placed the cup back on the saucer and uncapped the teal colored marker for her whiteboard.

Your tea is delicious, miss. I will enjoy it greatly, even if I cannot use it to sooth my throat.

TanuKyle
WOAH wow sorry for the slow response 6 u9 ;;

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:33 pm
Magician Arcana
It's not a problem, I'm a slow tagger too!

It took Nervit a while to work out what the other girl meant. Her face shaped into an 'o' of surprise, but the expression was quickly hidden away, only flickering for the smallest of split seconds before a small flush settled on her face and she bowed apologetically to the highblood. Deep down, a tiny seed of pity germinated ; how awful, to not be able to talk. But on the heels of that came resentment ; only a highblood could get away with such a thing. The two emotions warred silently but victory was swift for pity ; Nervit was kind overall, even if she did have rebellious thoughts now and then.

"My apologies for making such a remark then."

Nervit examined the signs thoughtfully before speaking again.

"Do you do well enough with relationship advice? It's not a service I've seen offered before, though it seems interesting."

Then, frankly.

"Of course if I am bothering you, you may feel free to ask me to leave."

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm
Milieu watched the girls reactions with a cool, calm stare. She knew exactly what the lower blood was thinking. Only a higher blood could survive with such a mal-adaptation. It would be either hatred or pity, and Mili was surprised and a little confused that pity seemed to win out of the two reactions. Odd... Most either saw her as a nuisance or something to be hated.

Nervit seemed like a nice troll, a little too nice. Maybe that was part of being a lower blood. Mili shook her head at Nervit's apology and prepared to write down a response to the next one.

It honestly depends on the season. Trolls are very much like other beasts. In the winter I am the slowest, but in the spring I am the most busy.

Ah, the girl was very kind. Mili considered for a moment to dismiss the server, but she found the other to be a little interesting. Plus the dancers were not yet ready for conversation. What did it matter if she was temporarily tied up with the lower blood?

Not at all. I am an advice giver. It is my trade to speak to all trolls at any moment they need me. If you are not busy, perhaps you will consider lending me your company? What is your name?

TanuKyle

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:10 am
Magician Arcana
(I'm so sorry this took forever otl; wink

Nervit didn't consider herself particularly kind. Sure, she liked looking after other trolls, and she was perhaps nicer than the norm. But she had the most awful thoughts sometimes, thoughts completely innappropriate for her station. And Pyredad was always talking about self-improvement and the like: there was nothing like arrogance as well, to kill a young troll. But still, had the thought been voiced, Nervit would likely have appreciated the comment - but it was a moot point, as no pen had met paper.

As the lowblood followed the words being written out, she nodded and replied in turn.

"That makes sense. For me it is the opposite - people spend more time in their hives in the winter, so tea and cleaning is in higher demand. Though I do less events such as this in the winter."

She lowered her voice slightly for the next statement, all too aware of offending the others who were in the room - even if they were busy dancing, currently.

"Generally such events pick up in the summer, and then fade off by winter as only the dedicated brave the weather to get here - the beginners and the like will generally give up."

Nervit smiled at Milieu as she wrote the next sentence, and replied almost eagerly. Almost - she wasn't going to overstep politeness.

"My name is Nervit Lafute. It's a pleasure to meet you..."

And she trailed off, modulating her voice to imply the question within.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm
|Milieu Aojiro. You can call me Mili. It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Nervit.|

How did one join such an occupation? Dancing was certainly a good pastime especially parties such as these, but... Was this really a profession trolls sought out? Or perhaps the lowblood thought it was her only recourse? Milieu sipped on the tea in front of her and sighed silently. It was so delicious and warm, with such a great balance of bitterness and sweetness.

An idea bubbled to the surface, and while the matchmaker was not inclined to offer advice without payment, it felt improper to not make a comment, |Your tea is so very good. Have you considered opening up a bakery or cafe? You could earn a good deal of beetles and I'm sure it would be a hot spot for teens.|

TanuKyle
<3

Magician Arcana

21,915 Points
  • Hiss of Love 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25

T-Kai

Timid Lunatic

16,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 am
Magician Arcana
(lets pretend this didn't take me three years to write a final post? )

Nervit blinked, eyes widening. She'd...not thought of that. That was an interesting idea. It started running possibilities in her head, and she was distracted for a moment, but soon refocused.

"That....is an excellent idea, thankyou. I will definitely consider that."

The dancers were about to finish however now, Nervit could see them starting to drift towards her table, so it was time to make excuses. She bobbed into a curtsy.

"Thankyou again, Mili. I best get back to work, but I hope I will see you again!"  
Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games